Aj's Content

There have been 50 items by Aj (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#187376 You Might Be An Aussie Nerfer If...

Posted by Aj on 03 November 2008 - 11:37 PM in General Nerf

I am a magstrike... Tidge knows what I'm talking about....

Great list mate.. very funny, I'm sure some more will get added to it after the next war

Aj

#270343 Washer Based Plunger Heads And Replacement Plunger Tubes - Please Help

Posted by Aj on 26 March 2010 - 12:02 AM in Homemades

Hi

The work you guys have been doing recently in here is f**kin boss. I have been incredibly impressed with the quality of blasters being produced by some of the contributors around here.

I live in Australia, and as such I don't have access to imperial size PVC, imperial size rubber washers and 1" PETG, so I have a few questions I'd like answered so that I may search for alternatives locally.

1st, everyone mentions 1" PETG coming from petco, I assume from my searching that it is a part for an aquarium gravel filter, however I'm not sure. Does anyone have the 'pet store' name for this product so that I can search for it more efficiently? is it a replacement part? does it come from a particular company or is it 'petco' brand?

I have seen some gravel filters with tubes that look about right online, however I'm reluctant to spend $25-30 to find out, and have yet to find the tube on its own. Any help information is appreciated.

Secondly, when finding rubber washers for the creation of a plunger head what relative size is appropriate?

Every thread i see says use xxx pipe with xxx washer, however I cannot tell how the washer fits in. Should i be looking for a washer that fits perfectly inside the tube? or should it be larger so that it bends into a cup like shape? if so how much larger? should the washer be closer to the OD or ID of the pipe?

I have done a lot of modding work, made breeches, machined a lot of plastics etc etc so I hope these questions are more justified than the average noob ones - I'm looking for a push in the right direction rather than the information handed to me on a platter

thanks

Aj

#270356 Washer Based Plunger Heads And Replacement Plunger Tubes - Please Help

Posted by Aj on 26 March 2010 - 06:50 AM in Homemades

Last time I checked you can find Lee's tubing on amazon.

Amazon do not ship to Australia, but thanks

Aj

#281460 The Stitchmanta

Posted by Aj on 28 July 2010 - 04:13 AM in Homemades

I think this a cool idea, very original. However I think that heaps of people would be interested in the acrylic blanks rather than the laminated burlap finished product, have you over thought about selling the acrylic copies also?

Aj

#186183 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 29 October 2008 - 01:39 AM in General Nerf

To back up Tidge's Post..

Target:
Mavericks: $14.99
Reactors: $14.99
Buzzsaws: $ 19.99

And if any Adelaide guys read this, do get down to our little warm up war this weekend, summer is coming around in Aus and there is no better time to nerf!

Aj

#175875 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 08 September 2008 - 08:35 AM in General Nerf

The Ironman FF's also don't have the strobe that is in the regular one, and the darts they come with are useless... I got mine on sale though and with a bit of modding they turn out alright

Aj

#172411 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 25 August 2008 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I'd be in favour of this being a sticky, I know it's not vital information but its useful for us Aussies.

The other day I scored 3 FF's on sale at Kmart for $25 each, I was stoked. I know they arn't the best blaster but we nerf indoors and they're good noob guns as you can't jam them. After AR removal and the straw mod they get reasonable ranges.

Places like David Jones and Myer also stock limited nerf; usually NF's, DTG, Iron Man FF, mavs and reactors.

They are usually overpriced ($20.00 for a mav or reactor, $70 for DTG) but becaue of this they usually have blasters in stock and they do price match with other stores.

Aj

#173332 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 29 August 2008 - 03:08 AM in General Nerf

Recons were on sale at Kmart for $25.00 for a while, if they still have them they are probably leftovers. Target had them from a while for $30 with 20 bonus streamlines (!!) however that sale is now over too.

Where in Adelaide are you T.I.G?

on a side note I got my LS yesterday. It's ok-ish stock, cant wait to mod the crap out of it though

Aj

#172468 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 25 August 2008 - 11:02 PM in General Nerf

SA TRU's are also overstocked with Big blasts, Big Salvo's, Over-unders etc

I'd be interested in magstrikes if anyone can find them, cant seem to get my hands on them in S.A

Also today I saw a lone recon in TRU with a bonus LS scope with it.. hadn't seen that before

Aj

#186301 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 29 October 2008 - 06:26 PM in General Nerf

You wont find streamlines or clips in Australia at this point in time. Apparently the N-Strike Clip pack (2 x clip + 10 streamlines) is on the way and should start appearing within the next month, so keep a look out for them.

Vulcans are available from TRU's and yes they are $80

Kmarts and Targets are your best bet for FF's, keep in mind they will be Iron Man variants...

The Shotguns u mentioned is a buzzbee one I believe, I'd stay away from it personally

Aj

#269575 Slightly Improving The Stock Nitefinder "targeter"

Posted by Aj on 18 March 2010 - 09:48 PM in Modifications

It's a 5mm LED, the vasy majority of these are rated at 3-4.5v. Given that 2 AA batteries are only supplying 3V of power it shouldn't need the resistor to avoid burnout.

If you want to seriously improve it wire up a couple more LEDs in parallel with the main one. Also insulated wire is usually a better thing to dirrect current with, rather than tin foil.

Aj

#186429 Scar-l From Crysis = Spartan Ncs-12

Posted by Aj on 30 October 2008 - 07:10 AM in General Nerf

Personally I think it channels more from the actual SCAR (try BF 2 for a look) as well as maybe a little bit of 552 thrown in..

Having said that... this topic is a little pointless... probably not really thread worthy...

Recently you've posted 2 threads on the N-Strike game guns.. all of which 'don't exist' at the moment, so it's all just hype, and this community (well the age > 13 part) gets fed up with hype and speculation pretty quickly..

Aj

#281473 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 28 July 2010 - 10:16 AM in Modifications

It's available at all hardware stores - it is the piping they run electrical wires in and is sold in long (3-4 meter) lengths. It comes in grey and orange, with both having the same OD but different IDs.

20mm is the most common, with 16mm being harder to find in Aus, it has the same dimensions as your 1/2" CPVC

16mm UPVC nests airtight inside 20mm grey, making for excellent slide breeches, whilst thick wall PETG nests airtight in orange 20mm conduit, also making it very easy to make petg slide breeches in Australia

Aj

#284557 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 02 September 2010 - 01:34 AM in Modifications

Now you just need a converted drum mag.

Actually not really, I designed it to work with CDTS's so I didn't have to convert a drum mag, as apart from yours I haven't seen any other ones that dont jam, given my limited time I'm reluctant to pour time into making one work, this was kind if a 'for fun' project anyway, most wars we're doing down here now are running a game mode we designed call foam fortress (think team fortress) and this weapon is too high ROF for the sharpshooter class. Alot of my mods from now on will be for optimising weapons within the class restrictions for FFP to prepare for the national tournament in december.

I would like to paint a drum mag to match the raider though

Also thanks to everyone for the props, I consider this community the ultimate judge of something's worth nerf wise, given the experience and modding/machining skills of some of the members, to have a bunch of noobs in Australia drool over it is one thing, to have it deemed good by members on here is a different thing entirely.

Aj

#281471 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 28 July 2010 - 10:05 AM in Modifications

Here's a shot of it all together

Posted Image

Here's a couple photos on how I dremeled the shell to get the trigger to work

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now, close your shell up, test it, make any adjustments as necessary. I had to open and dremel the shell a couple times to get unrestricted trigger pull and return.

You should have something kinda like this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Firing Video is here

Ranges - 100-120 feet with 4 pumps

Rev 2 is under construction, aiming to be simpler and with easier to get parts for some things (like a small widely available bike pump for the pump) along with just generally being cleaner.

So yeah, hope some people got something out of this and that its worthy content for these parts.

cheers

Aj

#281469 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 28 July 2010 - 10:00 AM in Modifications

Hey everyone.

I've been around here for a whole, however didn't really want to post without anything decent to contribute. I'd like to thank the while community for all the great content, almost everything I've learned about nerf has been through a combination of this site, some research and good old fashioned trial and error.

Special props go to popatachi who did something similar earlier, though I did not consult his mod for this it certainly paved the way.

Raiders suck balls. Period.

I wanted to make one that didn't. Actually I wanted a clip fed gun with 4B kind of power, and the raider shell turned out to be way too perfect. It is a comfortable and cool looking shell, especially with the fron handle removed. Given that they both have the same breech this could be adapted to a recon etc

AFTER I'd done this mod a friend went "oh coop made a clipped big blast", which you can get the same functionality out of, however I like this shell so so so much more than the 4b, the pump faces fowards and is more efficient and it actually holds clips and drums well and uses the stock clip lock for additional stability.

Things I achieved
- consistent, reliable feeding from n strike clips
- greater than 100 ft range
- uses stock clip receiver
- No glue holding anything structural - all hardware
- Comfort and accuracy

So here we go. I sometimes forgot to take photos until after I had completed a stage so the pictures are not completely step by step, I apologize.

Step 1 - Open up your raider and your mega missile. Having a 2nd gen mega missle is key as the tank is not welded to the pump, but rather connected with tube.

Disconnect the tube but keep the white lock nut, and gut the raider internals save the jam door. Keep the trigger and the brackets that hold in the boltsled. Anything else is useless.

Posted Image

place the tank in the raider, so the right angle connector extending from the tank is sitting just in front of a piece of shell that sticks up near the trigger.

Posted Image

Mark where the large centre band of the MM tank is on the 2 internal walls of the raider shell and cut a channel so the tank can sit within the walls. This is all you need to do to fit the tank.. freaky right? it's like too easy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see in the pics I have cut my mega missle barrel (the orange bit) off about 3-4mm above the black part of the tank. do this now if you haven't already.

Cut a 20mm conduit couple at the 3/4 mark. it should now fit onto the front of the tank with some 'persuasion'

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I put a piece of 20mm UPVC in the coupler and put the tank inside and closed the shell. Using a fine tipped sharpie I marked where the clip would go when placed in the stock clip receiver.

Posted Image

Then I took it all apart, clipped on a nstrike clip within the lines I had drawn and traced around the top of the clip.

Posted Image

Cut it all out and it will look like this

Posted Image

Now to make a slide breech work correctly with clips there must be a 'nub' that the dart gets pushed back against to force it into the breech. Making this 'nub' in the limited space was challenging and this is what I came up with. most importantly it has to get fixed to the tank but not interfere with the x shaped guide which ensures the valve makes it back to correct postion after each firing. There is very little room to play with behind the breech before the tank, so it cannot be attached to the walls of the barrel or you will sacrifice some of the precious little sealing surface.

So what I came up with.. cut (roughly) 2cm of 1/2" brass and 17/32 brass. glue the 1/2 inside the 17/32 halfway down. Sand/lathe a piece of 12mm OD ALU tube until it fits inside the 17/32. glue it all together and then inside the orange stub sticking out the tank, being careful with your glue so you dont glue the tank shut. pics will help this make sense

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I used a 19/32 and 9/16th sliding breech - the part cut to match the conduit is the 19/32 while a whole piece of 9/16th slides back and forth.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Picture limit reached. do not post.

#284096 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 27 August 2010 - 07:29 AM in Modifications

..... It's an Airgun... you pump them up.. thats kinda the deal... It has better ROF than any of the ones down here, except maybe the couple RSCB big blasts floating around, but its more consistent and about the same ROF

I dont really care about having two handles to operate, because the brass breech is super tight it takes a bit of effort to pupp out and push back in, also the strokes are not the same length (breech and pump)

I'm painting it now, I was going to take photos but figure I may as well wait till I'm done

Aj

#281522 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 28 July 2010 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure a 3K tank has more volume, but the range is negligible at about a 10 foot difference maximum.
Fantastic gun man, this is probably my favorite conversion of any gun that I've seen. I'm an airgun person, and the fact that you combined this into one of Nerf's most comfortable shells ever, while keeping the N-strike clip system in such a clean manner is great. I love the way you set up the trigger as well, it seems much more reliable than the average "bend the wire, connect and glue it to a popsicle stick" kind of thing. Major props.
I know you're Australian, so I'm guessing UPVC = Sch. 40 PVC here in the states? It's cool that it comes in orange though.... Us Americans need to switch solely to the metric system. :lol: Measurements in MM would be so much easier.

Nope, the MM tank is noticeably larger than a 3k tank, I have both.

UPVC = electrical conduit, not SCH40, which is basically just the 'pvc' most people refer to.

Thanks everyone for the props, rev 2 will be up soonish

Aj

#283965 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 25 August 2010 - 10:56 AM in Modifications

Rev 2 is complete as of tonight

After a lot of testing, some war experience etc I identified some issued with the rev 1 design
  • The trigger would occasionally not return all the way, leaving the valve open slightly
  • The 'feeding nub' on the end of the tank was too long, sometimes causing streamlines to jam
  • The hornet pump had a longer stroke than comfortable
  • The stock tubing was attached to the magstrike pump via a non barbed fitting and was prone to start leaking if you pumped the gun up more than 6-7 times
  • Look wasn't quite as clean as I thught possible
Rev 2 adresses all of these issues

It uses a Schwinn mini frame bike pump (also recently featured in the 'iron man super soaker' mod) so you dont have to ruin a magstrike.

I also created a breech using nested and telescoping sizes of brass so that I can shoot streamlines, 'blue foam' darts that we have here and 'white foam' darts that we have here (tightish fit in 9/16, much larger than your stefans)

Finally the trigger pull feels better and the trigger return problem was solved with a nice beefy trigger return spring forcing the plate back to its starting position

looks super clean

Pump mounted using 3 screws, 1 small piece of PC and is rock solid and easily removable.

pics and writeup soon

Aj

#281486 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 28 July 2010 - 12:16 PM in Modifications

LMAO

To be honest good job, I'm actually working on the exact same thing except I'm using a 3k tank.

Amazing work.

It was my initial thought, but 3k tank = rare-ish + $$, MM tank = larger, able to take more pressure and $8.99 AUD at any TRU

Aj

#281470 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 28 July 2010 - 10:02 AM in Modifications

I nested the front of the 9/16th in some more 20mm UPVC and attached a handle to it through a combination of hardware, solvent weld and titan bond (super strong shit)

Posted Image

Here's a shot of the breech with a streamline in it - accommodating streamline size darts is necessary if you want to use drums unless you are one of the like.. 3? 4? people who have made reliable stefan modded drums.

Posted Image

now on to the pump. Magstrike pumps seem like they were made to fit in the shell... diddle it accordingly so everything will fit.

Posted Image

Choose how you are going to secure your pump. if you want to use glue that is fine, I chose to use hardware - I used a 20mm conduit pipe clip, affixed by a bolt to a smal piece of polycarb.

This polycarb has a 4mm tapped hole in it allowing it to be attached to the raider shell with a bolt.I also placed a 15mm (1/2") PVC coupler on the front of the pump and attached this with a screw to the shell.. again pics will help it make sense.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I chose to replace my pump handle with a PVC T and end cap combo, with about 10mm of PVC sticking out the T, so it 'locks' into the coupler on the front of the pump, preventing it from extending while I run around with it slung on my back.

Posted Image

The T also allows me to add a foregrip

Posted Image

Join the pump up to the tank - I used 4mm PVC tubing and 4mm barbed connectors, you yanks will have the proper 1/8" connectors.

Now the part that took the longest to figure out - the trigger. I wanted lever action, as I had seen how much more effective they are in the new model 4B's. In the end I came up with this..

Posted Image

it's 3mm Alu, which you can buy in 3x20x1000mm strips in Aus. I cut it using a hacksaw and a metal cutting wheel on a dremel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The orange hinge pieces are made out of the pieces which hold the boltsled in, simply cut, sand and attach, it shouldn't be too hard to tell what to do from the pics.

Posted Image

The bar which the trigger pivots on goes into a pre-existing screw port in the shell, which one of the internal pieces screwed into. drill a hole in the other side of the shell to accomodate the bar.

Posted Image

Here's some pictures of the trigger.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Picture limit reached. please do not post.

#281479 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 28 July 2010 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

Whilst its ROF is bad compared to the raider, it is very good compared to a regular 4B or other such weapon, as wyes are not available in Australia, so hoppers are out.

The range is about 100-120 feet, which is slightly more than a BBB usually achieves I think.

Aj

#284252 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 29 August 2010 - 04:29 AM in Modifications

About as close to a legitimate double post as you can get

Rev.2

Breech uses 3 sizes of brass telescoped for more reliable feeding along with the ability to shoot any kind of ammo.

Pump is mounted using only 2 bolts and no glue.

Is super clean, looks hot yo

Paint was done in 1 night (6 or so hours, had a war the next day) which is much more rushed than I like. It looks sweet now but I'm a bit of a perfectionist with paint, so it'll need some touch ups, after a few years out the game I'm a bit rusty.

I dont think there is enough difference to warrant a separate write up.

pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

you cannot tell me this is not damn clean pump integration to the shell

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All the components

Posted Image

Range tested today and yesterday at the nerf war

between 160-200 ft with CDTS, depends on how good the dart is

120' (average) with blue foam stefans

110 (average) with white foam stefans (much much tighter fit)

this is flat btw

enjoy

Aj

#284559 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by Aj on 02 September 2010 - 01:45 AM in Homemades

I vote the RAIN-Bow

come up with some acronym for RAIN

Realy
Awesome
Ingenious
Neat

Ryan's
Anally
Introspective
Nebulising

Realistically
Acronyms
Infuriate
Nepalese people

Aj

#183172 Orange Ring On The Titan.

Posted by Aj on 12 October 2008 - 06:19 AM in Modifications

To open up my Titans I heated up a knife (box cutter etc) and cut the plastic in line with the seam on the Titan. I heated mine with a gas stove burner but a lighter can work if that's all that's available.

Aj

#284576 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by Aj on 02 September 2010 - 11:33 AM in Modifications

if you load the clip up at 22 volts does it shoot darts that fast or does it just jam? same at 16 volts etc

Aj

#283623 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by Aj on 20 August 2010 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

Didn't see this posted yet.

http://www.crunchgea...tampede-ecs-50/

what a terrible review...

"bipod for night activities"

"stampede ecx"

#242779 Nerf Raider Cs-35

Posted by Aj on 19 July 2009 - 06:54 PM in General Nerf

I'm struggling to understand how this is any different from a thread by Ice that was made like a month ago. I would suggest you enlighten me if you want it to continue.

I believe the following quote somewhat answers this..

Very nice video and pictures.

I can tell you put forth a lot of effort and thought into the making of those. It's much appreciated.

My pictures are in focus, clear concise shots.. I dont mean to bash but ICE cant seam to hold a camera still to save his life, also my video is edited, clear. concise and relevant.. not a rambling 7 minute Effeminate replete with millions of dry fires, nerdgasms and repeated mentions of "SO MUCH ENERGY"

Shit Talio I even named the thread so it wouldn't piss you off, I know you've been mighty active with the magical padlock and banhammer of recent, but I think this thread has got to be of higher quality than the "semi-auto" or "best gun" shit you usually punish for...

Clear internals of clip are on the way, Its 9am here I have a big day of uni ahead they'll be up tonight (if this is still around)

Aj

#242943 Nerf Raider Cs-35

Posted by Aj on 21 July 2009 - 12:50 AM in General Nerf

Sorry if this is a stupid question:

Do think it would be possible to mod the magazine so it is center with the gun (longshot)?

not easily. I mean if it was something you wanted to do more than anything in the world then I'm sure you would find a way... but basically no..it would lack sturdyness and the clip design is quite intricate.

Clip internals up tonight, sorry for the delay I ended up not getting to bed sunday night and was up for 34 hrs straight.. so I needed sleep last night to say the least

cheers

Aj

#242698 Nerf Raider Cs-35

Posted by Aj on 19 July 2009 - 02:25 PM in General Nerf

Some Raiders arrived in South Australia (prematurely) and I managed to bag 2 on Friday. They are rather pricey in Aus ($74.99) But I thought what they hell, I wanted that clip bad. From chatting with the Toyworld staff it seems they weren't meant to be released till late September/October and that this was minor mistake or something on Hasbro's behalf.

Who cares really? lets get on with it...

I took some footage of the gun, assembly etc and will be making a few vids, the first, a general review, is up now soon on youtube. I hope you find it a step up from the regular "13 yr old with a webcam" affair.

EDIT: YOUTUBE VID UP...

LINK

Overall it's a decent gun, as we've all agreed on it is virtually a Recon mounted sideways. The grips and the pump action feel very sturdy, as does the stock (surprisingly), because of the 'slam fire' mode the trigger pull is quite long but, eh so what? is anybody with this gun going to be looking for, or be able to utilise, that kind of precision?

The stock has 4 settings

1 - midget
2- 1/2 midget
3- 1/4 midget
4 - Semi-normal size person

but I guess we should all remember the actual target age of these guns (pretty sure its not 6' 3" 20y/o ,males... <_< )

The gun is a toy.. but the clip is it and a bit. Seriously.. hats off to Hasbro, it has worked flawlessly for me and it feels nice and solid. By they time you're halfway through the clip you feel as though it should be empty, simply because you're not used to this many darts in a longshot!

As Ice has put up videos and pics already I realise I'm not breaking any ground here, but I think mine might be a bit nicer quality. I plan to put up a vid with opening/assembly footage and a short vid on the clip.. rather than roll it all into one horrendously long video.

oh also.. I HAVE ONE FOR SALE... yup you heard right, I'll post a link to the ebay auction in a trading thread, if someone is willing to pay a ridiculous amount for it (like ICE did) then I guess you can PM me but I wont hold my breath and it'll be on EBAY in 2 or so days probably (with a reasonable starting bid). I WILL POST WORLDWIDE.

0k enough whoring PHOTO TIME (Images are 1024 x 786 (17" Monitor standard) if this is to big let me know)

First a few of the box

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't get excited leftys it's a mirrored image from the front of the box

Posted Image

Bust it open and you're greeted with this sight

Posted Image

Given that there are already a lot of photos floating around I'll just post a few ones I deem at least 'vaguely interesting'

A close up of the digi cam... it's so effective you almost can't see it :rolleyes:

Posted Image

The much anticipated dead space in the stock, which people are already planning spring additions for...

Posted Image

A layout showing all the compatible accessories I had.. for the ultra 'Tacticool' look..... :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And finally a few semi-'arty' shots... not sure if they're useful but you know... they look nice....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OK so thats me done... hope you enjoy. I'll edit in the link to the youtube video when it finally finishes loading, and for the love of god NO-ONE QUOTE THIS ENTIRE POST, it would just be cruel....

Aj

#242707 Nerf Raider Cs-35

Posted by Aj on 19 July 2009 - 03:13 PM in General Nerf

How sturdy is the stock lock, can you whack it in with a powerful enough blow?

Seems pretty sturdy, I cant force it in when it's locked, and it hasn't magically 'unlocked' on me yet like the longshot stock...

If you really hit it hard you might but that kind of blow is not something you'd intentionally give out to a blaster..

Aj

#282059 Nerf Camo Ammo

Posted by Aj on 04 August 2010 - 05:59 AM in General Nerf

Load the pouch up with clips, put in as many as you can. Attach to your belt. now SPRINT.

Tell us what happens.

Try again with the pouch half full...

This is the real litmus test of gear in my oppinion, I have rigs that allow me to carry a ridiculous number of guns, clips and ammo.... if I feel like 'brisk walking' the entire war. I need pouches that will hold shit when I have to start running flat out after the flag.

Aj

#277409 Nerf 18 Dart Clip Video Review

Posted by Aj on 10 June 2010 - 11:19 PM in General Nerf

Both myself and JustSomeBob have posted about this already, still it's a nice review.

So far I've bought 20 of these, and have sold a bunch to guys in Aus, and I have only received 2 "legit" nerf branded ones with the screw on the side and the other 18 have been unbranded ones with no screw, which work identically to the nerf brand ones

Aj

#279278 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by Aj on 02 July 2010 - 03:40 PM in News

Also, nerf confirmed on their FB page that the IX designation means the gun uses a reverse plunger - like the reflex IX-1 (eliminator)

Aj

#275254 N-strike Alpha Trooper Cs-18

Posted by Aj on 18 May 2010 - 10:07 PM in General Nerf

Of course hasbro browses this site, it would be irresponsible not to from a corporate IP perspective on their behalf.

As far as people saying this is pointless, I hate the side mounted drum on the radier, to me this shell is more appealing ergonomically.

Also I find the 35 round mag very very bulky, so the 18rnd one is cool, but to be honest I prefer the other 18 round clip they have coming out (super clips style)

Also internally, the raider had a much much more developed boltsled, seemed much more sturdier, and in order to implement slamfire it is likely that they will have to beef up the recon's boltsled (as they have with every other design after) this means a stronger recon like base for bos, which I don't see as a bad thing.

Aj

#271261 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aj on 03 April 2010 - 11:21 PM in Modifications

Little something I did a while ago....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Wiring is essentially invisible on this side

Posted Image

But there is some visible on this side.. was basically impossible to have none visible near the battery due to space restrictions..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Going to attempt this again, trying for less hotspots/more even coverage

Also check it out on the YouPoops

Peace

Aj

#280796 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aj on 20 July 2010 - 04:24 AM in Modifications

@ Lucian, you need heaps more LED's, and smaller ones too. I've found 5mm LEDS or pre made SMD strips the best to work with. I posted a blue LED maverick a few pages ago, it had 9 LEDs in it. Recently I Finished a contract to do a RED LED maverick, with this one I was able to greatly improve on the design, packing 16 LEDs into the mav without restricting function at all. The wiring is dann near invisible because I planned the runs very well.

Here's some pics

play 'spot the wiring'

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was particularly proud that I got an LED in each quarter of the 'half dome' of the maverick (around the clip lock etc) whilst keeping it looking so clean, also all LEDs are attached to the same side as the internals, so the gun can be completely opened with ease, which is necessary as the battery will run out at some point.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's some lit up shots, It looks a little pink and the lights look a little yellow due to oversaturation, but IRL it's a solid rich red.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally here's my 'old blue' which sold on ebay for like $110 AUD to some guy in the states

Posted Image

-AJ-

(Aus_AJ on nerf IRC)

#293717 Long Strike With Missile Blast Internals

Posted by Aj on 02 February 2011 - 02:44 AM in Modifications

Once you try this in a war I think you will be wishing you moved the pump to the front, you have to switch positions to prime it the way you have it. Very similar to the raider mod http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19961

Haha, I made that yo

It started a "airgun in n-strike shell" revolution in Aus, which is pretty balls as all the lazy noobs have turned the game into a standoff.

However, another forum member on the OZnerf forum - Winterstrike - completed this mod about 6 months ago, using 4B internals and the same pump placement

Given the amount of n-strike shelled airguns I've seen recently, I'm rather disappointed people are all going for the super easy coupler option rather than trying to make a clip taking breach or even finding a neat place to put a chopper or something

Still the OP's is a decent example, nice and clean.

Aj

#170894 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Aj on 20 August 2008 - 09:12 AM in General Nerf

-Aj-, your first picture is like a frikkin' weird smiley face.

I did realize this.. From hence forth this tactic shall be know as "The evil clown". It would sound great in a planning situation.. "You guys.. evil clown that choke point!'.. After all we play with plastic guns, this sport needs to have some humor

Aj

#186184 [aus] Nerf War; Adelaide

Posted by Aj on 29 October 2008 - 01:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys

The plan is to meet at my house (which is within walking distance from the playing field) first, probably do some lunch and then go nerf the afternoon away. We' have stefans for this event which work great in Air guns and anything barrel loading, however for the recon / clip gun users out there they are a little tight. I'm working on some CDTD's for this, however it's advised to bring a backup gun if you can. We (Tidge and I) will have some spares floating around too.

If your guns are in need of quick mods (pegs/ar) so they can shoot stefans PM either me or Tidge, we might be able to do this earlier in the morning.. time permitting

in the interest of not having the cops called make sure you're flashing those orange barrels, and don't dress full camo or anything stupid like that

hope to be shooting you soon

Aj