mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#143658 Rototrack Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 March 2008 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

I recently took apart and didn't mod my rototrack.
Now that I put it back together, I pull the handle, it rotates, but when I pull it the rest of the way (the last 5 6ths of the way) the spring/plunger doesn't release.
Im assuming that it is very similar to other pushpull guns so any advice would be really welcome.
Will post some internal pics.

#174080 Bf 1942?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 September 2008 - 08:07 AM in Off Topic

After playing Battlefield Bad Company and loving it, I decided to go back to the roots of the Battlefield series.
I have an old copy of BF:1942, but no CD key. I have run it through the hack to be able to use any key, but the online ones, the ones you can get online, don't work for some reason. My cousin did this too, and borrowed his firend's CD key, and it worked. I was wondering if anyone who has this game would lend me their CD key.
Thanks

#204808 Angel Breech Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

Yes, you do. If you are following Hereticorp's method (which I reccomend, It's easier to follow than FA_24's, no offence), you need to sand down the inside of the bolt enough to fit the 19/32 all the way to the back.
Hope this helps.

#202804 Hi People!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 12 January 2009 - 07:41 AM in Modifications

Go to my controls in the right hand corner of your screen. That will let you edit your profile. Welcome to the haven. Oh and I see that you are trying to use a picture in your sig. I don't believe that is allowed here. You may want to remove it.

#146625 Xbox Live Help Please!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2008 - 02:19 PM in Off Topic

I had this problem when I got xbox live and tried to use the wireless connector. In the end my impatient dad went out and bought a long ethernet cable. Works like a charm. I have some friends with wireless connections, and theirs is really glitchy and slow. Use a wire man, it works really well.

#146686 Xbox Live Help Please!

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2008 - 05:35 PM in Off Topic

Hey thanks MSDFS. I tried a long wire and it's fudgin fast! This was my last resort, but hey, I've been dieing to play COD4 on live! I just got a level 9 in like an hour.

Yo add me im IPWNOOBZ. Lame name I know. When Im not nerfin, I play halo3

#147176 My Movie In Film Festival.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 March 2008 - 08:45 PM in Off Topic

A movie that me and my friends made for school, about charlie chaplin was recently selected as a finalist in an inernational film contest called the sprockets. Look them up online. My movie is unfortunately for you americans, in french, and is called VIE AVEC CHARLIE. I will post it on youtube soon.

#157947 Sm3k Issues Yet Again.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 June 2008 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

I may have fixed the problem. I used half my tube of epoxy, and a bunch of goop. If that doesn't work Oodalumps, could I purchase a piece of that brass from you?

#157936 Sm3k Issues Yet Again.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 June 2008 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

I got my SM3k at a garage sale a few weeks back. I opened it up to mod, and I broke the small connector that goes into the tubing on the tank. This happened to my old 3k, and I could not get it to work after that. I have tried epoxying it back on, gluing the broken piece in the tubing and gooping it onto the tank, that didn't work etiher. I really don't want to throw it out, so can anyone suggest how I might get it to work. I will post pics if nessecary.

#164638 Recon Catch?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 July 2008 - 01:32 PM in Modifications

I finished modifying my recon the other day, with a brass breech, etape around plunger tube etc. Now the gun fails to catch maybe 40% of the time. Im not sure what is causing this, as I did nothing to change the spring power, apart from the etape which should not require a catch spring replacement.
Any imput is greatly appreciated.

#178488 Any Nerfers Over Seas?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 September 2008 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

Hahaha. CXWQ lives in socal, but they have him all the way in porgugal..
Yeah, this will show anyone where everyone is. Not too sure about 3DBBQ though, couldn't find him.
Holy flying crap christmonkeys: 600th post.

#164759 Splitfires And Micros

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 July 2008 - 08:44 AM in General Nerf

Or just modify it to shoot micro darts. That's what I would do, I would use brass or petg.

#146581 Cpvc At3k Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2008 - 12:07 PM in Modifications

my pump is plugged. I believe that unplugging it might help.
I tried it with stock darts just now, and got 45ft. I think CPVC is just too tight for this application, and I should switch to PETG or the like.

#146627 Cpvc At3k Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2008 - 02:23 PM in Modifications

Fixed the problem. Turns out I bought 5/8 FBR, so it really didn't fit with my barrels. Then I made some out of regular fbr that fits my cpvc, and got slightly higher than average 3k ranges. Im really happy with it.
Thanks for all the help
PS.QUilan, the barrels are 3.5-4 inches im not really sure I didn't measure.

#146573 Cpvc At3k Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2008 - 11:38 AM in Modifications

I recently modded one of my at3ks. I put on CPVC barrels. Now, whenever I shoot it, it is nearly impossible to pump, shoots 50ft, and more often than not, the darts fishtail and fly about 5 ft out of the barrel. Any suggestions?
Yes, the pump is plugged.

#154947 At2k Question.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 May 2008 - 07:40 PM in General Nerf

I don't actually have an at2k, but I was wondering how long the pump tube is exactly? I need to know so I can substitute a different gun in for an integration.

#150077 Rf20 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 April 2008 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

The part where the yellow know was is the problem I am guessing. The red piece in that area must be pushed down for it to rapid fire.

I noticed that. Im going to glue it down, replace barrels, and then see how it works.

#150075 Rf20 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 08 April 2008 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

I gave my friend a RF20 for his birthday. He tried to mod it himself, I advised him not to, but he tried and now it doesn't rapid fire anymore. It only does what appears to be single fire (fires as fast as you can pull the trigger) Im not really sure what he did exactly, but Im trying to fix it. Any advice would be welcome.

#159246 Wts Halo3, In Off Topic.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2008 - 11:50 AM in Off Topic

Yea, I think Im going to sell it to EB games. Everything is more expensive in Canada, no one will buy anything for our prices.
Slightly off topic: Have you shipped my 750 yet?

#159238 Wts Halo3, In Off Topic.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 June 2008 - 10:23 AM in Off Topic

I sold it to gamerush.

#199952 Sm750 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 31 December 2008 - 12:23 PM in Modifications

I would take this opportunity and replace the pump. Just goop some tubing into the end of the tank and the end of your pump of choice. A cut down AT2K pump would probably work. If you don't end up fixing it, Ill take the tank off your hands...... Ive got plans.

#199737 Sm750 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 December 2008 - 09:30 AM in Modifications

Fuck man 44 times? I hope that is a typo. I told you to pump the thing 4 times. Yeah, 44 times would shoot the check valve to hell. That's likely your problem. I know you can buy check valves from McMaster.

#163394 Sorry If This Is Already Posted

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 July 2008 - 11:09 AM in General Nerf

This is cool, but I think it is old news. Also fix your grammar and capitalization.

#157466 Ignore

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 May 2008 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

I dont know if this is something that is "bad" here at nerfhaven, but does anybody have pics or ideas? The reason is that i'm not allowed to get real airsoft guns. I've already made some simple desings out of the NF and i have a mod i have thought up for the at3k or at2k, either will work for what i wanna do. So post your ideas....i hope i don't get myself banned for posting this. :unsure:

Find a barrel that fits your airsoft projectiles, wrap a shitload of etape around them, and shove them into the barrels of whatever gun you are modding. This should be in off topic, as it has little to actually do with nerf.

#203674 Looking For A Cvpc And Petg Breach

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 15 January 2009 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

PVC will not fit over CPVC either. Please clean up your posts, you are giving us canadian nerfers a bad name.

#197731 Eagle-eye Help.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 December 2008 - 12:47 PM in Modifications

First off, I would replace the string with wire. It is possible it is stretching, and the plunger is not making it to the catch. You may need a stronger catch spring. Try that, and if it doesn't work, Im lost. I had this problem with my old xbow. One cock, then it wouldn't cock anymore. I replaced the catch spring, worked fine after that.

#143513 Razorbeast Rotation Problem

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 March 2008 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

I recently bought my razorbeast of general cole. I have a set of perfect chains and when I cycle through them on the razorbeast, it jams like every 3 shots.
I know it isn't a great gun, I just think that's a bit excessive.
Thanks for any help.

#199168 My Trip To Goodwill

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 27 December 2008 - 10:24 AM in Off Topic

I really should go to goodwill more often.... Nice find. Is it leaky at all? I got a NIB SM750 from k9, and it was hella leaky, but easily fixed. Old guns sitting around in their packaging tend to devellop leaks I guess.

#178805 Nerfhq Is Down.. Again

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 September 2008 - 02:41 PM in Off Topic

Is anyone else getting this when they log onto nerfhq? I have not been able to access the site for two days now.
I would like to know if this is a server error, or if it is just me.
Thanks

It's a server error. It means that NHQ didn't pay for enough bandwidth.

Perhaps read the error next time?

Before you flame, read what I said. I now know it is not just my computer that is showing that. I am not techno savvy at all, so I have no clue what the hell the message meant.

#178800 Nerfhq Is Down.. Again

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 September 2008 - 02:35 PM in Off Topic

Is anyone else getting this when they log onto nerfhq? I have not been able to access the site for two days now.
I would like to know if this is a server error, or if it is just me.
Thanks

#184071 Leaking Out The Valve?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 16 October 2008 - 06:35 AM in Modifications

He means the valve, which is the part that moves to allow air to leave the tank. If you have a splitfire, you are pretty well screwed. If you have a SS2 or any other air gun, spray some silicon lube on the valve, and leave it over night. Leak should be gone, I did this with my leaky 2k, except I didn't use spray....

#207858 Keyring Rig Help

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 January 2009 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

A couple things.
1. The LSFG has NO potential. Your crappy ranges are normal.
2. An incomplete trigger pull will only affect air guns, as the air leaks out slowly. As long as it fires, you are fine.

Otherwise, nice job. Your LSFG integration is much cleaner than mine.

#209604 Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2009 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

EDIT: Stupid internets double posted. Sorry.

#209544 Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2009 - 06:47 PM in Off Topic

Just a quick question is the 10 shot (dart tag gun) a primary or a secondary just want to get your opinion.

Too big to be a sidearm, too crappy range to be a primary. I would only use one of these integrated into a LS or BBB.

#209603 Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 04 February 2009 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

I can attest to it being awesome indoors. At Massacre2, during CTF push, we had one of these things hidden behind a barricade near our wall. The idea was that if someone came running with the flag, the nearest person would grab the DTB and start unloading on them.
Outdoors, almost as useless as a mav (which K9 still managed to shoot me with at HbH2. :) )

#141058 Sm3k Big Problemo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

I figured out that without the auto rotation system, the turret isn't snug against the tank. So in other word, I decided to single it.
Just waiting for the epoxy to dry.

#141042 Sm3k Big Problemo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

I got my old leaky sm3k about a week ago. I modded it with nested petg barrels, externalized the pump (rotation mech was broken anyway missing pieces) I put a piece of PVC for the trigger to slide on.
Now, when I pump it 5 times, it shoots 5 feet. I think its an issue with the pump handle, as when I pump it, it makes a hissing noise. Ive triple checked all the connectors to the pump and the tank, there are no leaks.
Any suggestions? ive plugged the pump in all ways possible, short of emptying a tube of goop down the back of it.
Thanks
MSDFS

#141050 Sm3k Big Problemo

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 February 2008 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

If you put the gun back together incorrectly, you may have a hard timing pulling back the trigger resulting in a slower pull. Internal pics would help.

Ok will post some.

Here is the pumpPosted Image
Here is the trigger mech Posted Image
Here is the turret.Posted Image
Here is the sealed airtank.
Posted Image

Sorry for the bad pics, I have like a 4 megapixel camera.

#152798 Ss2 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2008 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

I know this has been discussed before, as I serched, but the images weren't working, and I didn't know what was wrong with that.
I am buying a SS2 that aparently leaks air out the front. I have heard that if you spray silicone lube into it that it will work, and if you spray a crapload into the plunger tube, and pump it in, that that will also work.
I noticed, that someone in the tread commented that he sawed the airtank apart. Do you have to do this?
Is there any other way to prevent your SS2 from leaking?

#152930 Ss2 Problems

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 April 2008 - 04:02 PM in Modifications

Thanks a lot guys. Im going to buy it. I heard that it can be a pretty potent sidearm.
Thanks