Richomundo's Content

There have been 190 items by Richomundo (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#178437 Fall 'geddon 2008

Posted by Richomundo on 20 September 2008 - 02:00 PM in Nerf Wars

o hai,

i log in after a month and there's a nerf war today. and it's geddon.

awesomeness, i'll see if i can still drive out there and make it to you guys.

#158152 June Yano 2008

Posted by Richomundo on 05 June 2008 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm excited. I think I'll actually make it to this one. I cannot foresee any obstacles.

#153744 I Need Advice

Posted by Richomundo on 28 April 2008 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

Use an axe to split the base of the stump like a pizza, then just work on removing the slices. It helps if the stumps are dried out, otherwise they won't split.

I dug 4 out of my backyard in 10th grade.

ps: google is your friend

http://www.freeplant...nstructions.htm

http://landscaping.a...ump_removal.htm

#153154 The Verge Of Synthetic Life

Posted by Richomundo on 25 April 2008 - 07:51 PM in Off Topic

what bothers me about bio fuel and corn ethanol is that tons of farmers switched to corn production because it's a money maker, then paired with drought and

there is currently a rice shortage, for the first time rice is being rationed at wholesalers to 4 bags per customer.

http://www.sfgate.co.../BUUR10AOLH.DTL

rice is the main staple for people from cultures all over the world. It's an essential carbohydrate that when paired with beans is an excellent source of protein.

#153047 The Verge Of Synthetic Life

Posted by Richomundo on 25 April 2008 - 01:06 AM in Off Topic

Some of you are misinterpreting what is going on.

They have blank cells, they inject a synthesized DNA strand, created from scratch, and then boot up an organism with no prior DNA or sex sequence. Every aspect of this is man-made from chemicals.

They aren't "finding" these bacteria, they're creating them from chemicals, programming the DNA precisely how they want and bringing their creatures to life.

Literally creating life.

Some really incredible pieces of info I heard that he passed so nonchalantly are :

1) life does exist in outer space, it actively searches for an aqueous solution and NASA has shown this to be true.
2) the DNA strands have the capability to repair themselves after being obliterated given 12-24 hours time
3) they're able to synthesize strands 500 characters long

The face of modern science and biology has changed.

#152980 The Verge Of Synthetic Life

Posted by Richomundo on 24 April 2008 - 07:59 PM in Off Topic

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/227

This guy remaps the genome of a bacteria to reprogram it for whatever means science may have for it.

Synthetic designer life poses new questions in ethics, science, and biology.

Ethical implications aside, what are some of your impressions of the talk? For yourself? The Future?

Personally, I see a vehicle that can recycle it's own emissions in the distant future.

For some of you this will be over your head, for others, it will be an intriguing insight into the future of biology and 'designer' bacteria.

#150113 Late April/early May Yano

Posted by Richomundo on 08 April 2008 - 07:24 PM in Nerf Wars

This whole "I don't have a car anymore" thing is really really bothersome. I can show up to any war if I can get a definite ride from someone or organize something in advance, otherwise the day comes around and traversing 40 miles via bicycle is fairly daunting.

#149185 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Richomundo on 03 April 2008 - 09:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I hope you guys have some loaner guns. I'll be there but my guns will not.

I know beggars can't be choosers but dual Nitefinders would be nice.

#149095 Midsummer Caff 2008 - Recap

Posted by Richomundo on 03 April 2008 - 03:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't worry, at least your sister isn't a cheerleader.

Anyone there know any good hotels to book, or cheap ones?

Have your parents been to los angeles before?
I know the good places to eat, bars to hit up, nightclubs to check out, restaurants, for most of los angeles county.

PM me, how long are you gonna be in town?

Don't worry, at least your sister isn't a cheerleader.

Dude. I was a cheerleader in high school and college.

One of my buddies in high school got a full ride scholarship for cheerleading / gymnastics.

#148327 Possible Nerf Web Store

Posted by Richomundo on 31 March 2008 - 01:12 PM in General Nerf

How would this differ from the For Sale / Trade forum?

Don't you find it odd that all the members opposed to this idea are the older more experienced, and all those in favor probably don't have much other than muffins under their belt.

#147564 Possible Nerf Web Store

Posted by Richomundo on 28 March 2008 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

How would this differ from the For Sale / Trade forum?

#147542 Other Forms Of Art?

Posted by Richomundo on 28 March 2008 - 05:08 PM in Off Topic

Theres some photography i've posted on NH.

For legal reasons I can't post a lot of my work online since the client usually purchases publishing rights along with my photos, but since I've posted those topics below, I have been published in some very well known publications (LA Times, Architectural Digest) and I currently have a few assignments for other magazines as well. It's all small work and nothing I can live off of, but it's fun and I'm glad I'm semi-successful at one of my passions. ( I used to want to be a pro skateboarder or a pro skate filmer)

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10108
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=9946

#147513 Magazine Breakthrough Being Re Done

Posted by Richomundo on 28 March 2008 - 03:28 PM in Modifications

first how do you suppose i improve the quality

Just edit your posts for clarity and spelling/grammar. Add some detailed photos and you'll do a lot better than those who flame others for spelling/grammar and contribute nothing.

ninja edit: slug beat me to it.

Add some photos of what you've made. A picture is worth 1000 words.

#147488 Other Forms Of Art?

Posted by Richomundo on 28 March 2008 - 01:27 PM in Off Topic

that's really awesome!

Anything is art, as art is just the introduction of the creative mind into a process involving critical thinking.

Art is the combination of the left and right brain paired to produce something that has a meaning beyond its existence.

Are you able to laser cut the leaf or have it specially machined somewhere? If you were able to do that, I'm sure you could get some extremely intricate designs were you to lay them out on CAD or Photoshop beforehand.

#147380 Camcorder

Posted by Richomundo on 27 March 2008 - 09:10 PM in Off Topic

You can get a solid 3 ccd camera for under $500 now that fits in your hand.

MiniDV is great quality. Canon, Panasonic, JVC are all quality brands that are backed up with a manufacturers warranty.

Keep in mind that in the technology sector, 6 months of real time = 1 year of technology time. Kinda like dog years, but computer years.

as in, a new computer model is released about every 6 months, this applies to other technologies as well (phones / camcorders / digicams / etc)

Only pay attention to optical zoom. Digital zoom means absolutely nothing.

http://www.newegg.co...name=Camcorders

there's a link to newegg camcorders. I find newegg has the more competitive prices with the best customer service and fastest shipping times.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16830120092
$200 for a canon single chip.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16830180135
oh cool
$400 waterproof up to 5 feet

#147376 Motorized Buzzsaw Mod

Posted by Richomundo on 27 March 2008 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Nice work :o

If you're worried about the gears

If the gears are normal sized, I'd see if I could replace the plastic gears with metal ones, or if that doesn't work, then mount another gear to change the ratio so that the motor doesn't completely demolish the teeth.

also, have you tried adding a resistor instead of the speed controller? Once you get a perfect speed / gear ratio set, it should be pretty simple to mount the batteries and tuck everything inside the gun.

#147212 War In The Oc: Nano (april)

Posted by Richomundo on 26 March 2008 - 11:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh La La, how did I miss this!

Who's down to carpool?

#147211 The Global Warming Swindle Video

Posted by Richomundo on 26 March 2008 - 11:38 PM in Off Topic

Global Warming Discussion, RAGE ON!

Science and Politics are rarely a good mix, so obviously, keep politics out and be yourself, voice your own opinions.

To my understanding, the data we have concerning global warming is inconclusive. We can graph all we want and postulate to the moon and back, however we are still extrapolating outside of the time period we are able to with current data. The conclusions we are posting are not set in stone, they are simply well documented hypotheses and interpretations of data.

The earth may be warming up, it may not be, that is irrelevant. Global Warming is just one small part of the REAL problem that SHOULD be addressed, pollution. The overabundance of automobiles, people, consumerism, and carbon emissions pollute the air, water, and ground that I, and oneday my heirs must use. Society takes our resources for granted and in order to change the path society is walking down we must make individual change and change those around us to be more efficient in our use of energy.

Whether that means carpooling, organizing a bike ride, or simply replacing all the bulbs in your house with CFL bulbs, recycling more, or whatever. Personal change must occur in the majority of the population for the inertia of destruction humans have with the earth to slow.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ech/4086809.stm

Air: The World Health Organization (WHO) says 3 million people are killed worldwide by outdoor air pollution annually from vehicles and industrial emissions, and 1.6 million indoors through using solid fuel. Most are in poor countries.

Even in Los Angeles, the air quality here is not as poor as the quality in asia and india simply due to the fact we are on the ocean.

There's a big pool of trash floating in the middle of the Pacific, not because people dump it there, but because thats where the currents kick it, and everything kinda just clumps together.

According to this guy Charles Moore, the trash heap is the size of texas.

http://www.mindfully...acificNov03.htm

It is your actions and mindset, not political stance that determines how you feel about pollution.
I consider myself an Earthling. To continue living on Earth I must treat earth with the same respect that I would treat my mother. There is simply no alternative.
Instead of arguing over the red herring details, we should instead work for a productive solution to minimize pollution as a whole.

#146971 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by Richomundo on 25 March 2008 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

$6 on the original nitefinders. I think I bought 8 or so.

#146970 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by Richomundo on 25 March 2008 - 08:42 PM in Off Topic

I believe the human body on a bicycle gets the equivalent of 1000 mpg.

http://www.eating2.com/index.asp?ID=2

with a CO2 output of approx 32 lbs per 1000 miles traveled.

http://www.kenkifer....cy/bike_co2.htm

#146711 Extra Itunes Money

Posted by Richomundo on 24 March 2008 - 07:10 PM in Off Topic

Two words. Ghostland Observatory.

-Groove

YES!
They totally slipped my mind.

I heard an amazing live remix of sad sad city at an underground warehouse party in LA. i waited an hour for the DJ to ask if i could get a mp3 of her set that night and we exchanged email but still haven't heard anything :(

#146685 Extra Itunes Money

Posted by Richomundo on 24 March 2008 - 05:29 PM in Off Topic

The Killers- Mr. Brightside, Shadowplay, Tranquilize, Daddy's Eyes, & All The Pretty Faces. Best songs ever. Oh and also, my friend says this one heavy metal band, Archenemy, is really good, so you might try them.

And its iTunes, not Itunes.

sigh... the killers are fine if you want radio rock, but here's some

as if the spelling itunes mattered.

more music to look at :

ARTIST - SONG - ALBUM

Hip Hop / Rap:
Lupe Fiasco - Streets On Fire - The Cool
Aesop Rock - None Shall Pass - None Shall Pass
Sage Francis - Black Out On White Night - Human the Death Dance
Cunninlynguists - Lynguistics - Southern Underground
Jedi Mind Tricks - I Against I - (do some googling, its originally on Violent By Design)
Murs - L.A. - Murrays Revenge

Electronic / Beats:
Ratatat - Loud Pipes - Classics
RJD2 - ghostwriter - Deadringer
13 & God - perfect speed - The Notwist and Themselves
Emancipator - eve - Soon It Will Be Cold Enough
Anomaly - Recognize - The Long Road
Mojib - Underneath - Whimsical Lifestyle
Alpinestars - Burning Up

Rock / Indie / Lo-Fi
I Was A Cub Scout - Pink Squares - I want you to know that there is always hope
Bear Colony - Hospital Rooms Aren't For Lovers - We Came Here To Die
The Mae Shi - Young Marks - Hillyh
Say Hi To Your Mom - Northwestern Girls - The Wishes And The Glitch
Band Of Horses - Is There A Ghost - Cease to Begin
MGMT - Kids - FIND ONLINE (www.hypem.com)
Hot Chip - Ready for the Floor (Smoothed Out On An R&B Tip Version) - FIND ONLINE (www.hypem.com)

Folk / Punk / Acoustic
Frightened Rabbit - The Modern Leper - The Midnight Organ Fight
Bon Iver - Skinny Love - For Emma, Forever Ago
Canon Blue - Odds and Ends - Colonies
Josh Ritter - To The Dogs Or Whoever - The Historical Conquests of Josh Ritter

I just made you the best mix for your plane ride.
You're welcome.

#146561 Extra Itunes Money

Posted by Richomundo on 24 March 2008 - 09:24 AM in Off Topic

Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride (2008)

Cloud Cult - Tea Partying Through Tornadoes (2008)

Animal Collective - Strawberry Jam (2007)

The above are all albums

check out www.myspace.com/emancipator
myspace.com/cloudcult

#146560 The Global Warming Swindle Video

Posted by Richomundo on 24 March 2008 - 09:20 AM in Off Topic

you guys can argue online about the science between greenhouse gas, but I think we can all agree that when someone can commit suicide by leaving their car running in the garage for a few hours, its not a good idea to have 600 million cars emitting the same gasses into our air at a consistently increasing rate.

there were 600 million cars in the world as of 1997

common sense tells us that the emissions are toxic and we shouldn't be breathing the fumes.

irregardless of what science will tell us, the things we are doing as a species to our planet I don't agree with, so I'm going to do as much as possible to reduce the impact I have on the earth. If that means bicycling to work instead of driving or taking the bus, or replacing all the lightbulbs with CFL lights instead of traditional lightbulbs.

The earth's perception of time is much like a plant. A plant does not notice short term changes in it's environment, however if you were to watch the life of a plant sped up it would react to the long term environmental changes around it as quick as they were happening. The same concept exists for the earth, so whatever we are doing to the earth now undoubtedly has an effect on it, when will we see the changes?

In order to continue living on this earth, I must be an earthling and think about what I am doing to the world around me. Is it a good thing or a bad thing, if its a good thing, how can I improve. If it's a bad thing, is doing it necessary for my life? What are the alternatives?

#146287 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by Richomundo on 22 March 2008 - 02:22 PM in Off Topic

The fact still remains that smog / carbon emissions are a problem and while many of you don't care because you live in areas where smog is not a big deal, i live here;

Posted Image

and I dont like breathing poison so I'm actually doing something about it.

I didn't care about smog and air pollution until I went skydiving.

#146284 At3k Or Recon

Posted by Richomundo on 22 March 2008 - 01:55 PM in General Nerf

Guys theres nothing wrong with being a kid.

I still wish I was a kid, hence my involvement on NH.

I'd go for the 3k, simply because the Airtech line is pretty badass.

#146282 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by Richomundo on 22 March 2008 - 01:48 PM in Off Topic

I don't want to get technical, but the human body isn't a terribly efficient engine at all.

I don't wanna get technical, but you drive a machine that emits poison into the air that we breathe.

The human body burns calories just heating the air you breath, let alone riding a bike. Not to mention the "cup holder" isn't easily acessible.

My only byproduct is sweat, poop, and pee.

I burn 78 calories per minute cycling (Reebok Instructor News, Volume 5, Number 2, 1997)

1 gallon of gasoline contains 31,000 kilocalories. (31,000,000 calories)

source: http://health.howstu...om/calorie1.htm

Cars are wonderful, I love driving, but the fuel they burn is death and I drive as little as possible until there is a viable alternative for burning fuel.

You guys live in very very green areas and I know for a fact Indianapolis and New Hampshire don't issue countywide smog alerts.

But enough thread derailing! if you want to argue cars vs bikes we can create a new thread.
HUZZAH to your sister :cry: Wankel engines are the shit.

#146196 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by Richomundo on 21 March 2008 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

If this gun causes pain you should name it "Fugling Ugly"

or just "Fugling"

#146193 At3k Or Recon

Posted by Richomundo on 21 March 2008 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

Im currently broke, have about 25$ dollars.
I can only really afford one.

If you only have $25 why are you buying a nerf gun?

#146192 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by Richomundo on 21 March 2008 - 07:07 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Posted Image

don't wanna make anyone jealous, but

360 degree sunroof
ultra lightweight frame
23" rims
custom decals
stitched leather interior
cupholder

and I don't wanna boast, but I can say with 100% confidence I've got the most efficient engine in the world.

#146190 My New Pc

Posted by Richomundo on 21 March 2008 - 06:48 PM in Off Topic

Unnecessary consumerism ITT.

with that aside, you can get a computer that plays amazing games for half the price.

your pc is overkill.

and if you're still in high school, save your computer money for a decent laptop for college unless you can ultimately afford both

#146187 At3k Or Recon

Posted by Richomundo on 21 March 2008 - 06:37 PM in General Nerf

how bout both?

#146186 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by Richomundo on 21 March 2008 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

I kind of like it. The purple and silver, while not entirely aestheticly pleasing are an interesting color combination.

Just make sure Hasbro doesn't try to sue for malpractice.

#146184 Cardboard Armor?

Posted by Richomundo on 21 March 2008 - 06:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't see the need for armor of any kind. The only welt I've ever received was from either spoon or vacc's / titan or longshot at Geddon 07.

I wasn't there and spoon hasn't used a nerf gun capable of leaving welts in years.

.....someone give this kid a hug, stat!

maybe i should lay off the peace pipe... it was a short guy running around with his shirt off. wasn't spoon now that i think about it.

well, it's assumed that armor is useless in a war, especially with Bags's guns. i have seen it break cardboard and still maintain a good speed (almost breaking a second wall). But if it's a case of dressing up and looking like a fool on purpose, confusing the enemy, like Captain said, in neon bright colors, i might as well run into battle with my Link (zelda) Cosplay ( http://i6.photobucke.../zeldaalex6.jpg ). i'll be sure to make a Hyrulian Shield Manta (currently in pre-production...)

nice shoes.

#145959 Cardboard Armor?

Posted by Richomundo on 20 March 2008 - 12:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't see the need for armor of any kind. The only welt I've ever received was from either spoon or vacc's / titan or longshot at Geddon 07.

#145958 Midsummer Caff 2008 - Recap

Posted by Richomundo on 20 March 2008 - 12:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I can lend a place to for 1 or 2 to stay but I don't have a car at the moment. (I bike everywhere I need to go), come july that may have changed.

I live in between culver city / marina del rey.

#144095 Need To Find A New Video Hosting Site.

Posted by Richomundo on 06 March 2008 - 02:39 PM in Off Topic

If i set up a video streaming script on my site would you use it?

#143162 Bags B-day War (late Feb)

Posted by Richomundo on 29 February 2008 - 03:07 AM in Nerf Wars

bags would you (or someone else as you'll probably be drunk starting from 8am - 8am the following day) pick me up from the subway station out there? or somewhere close?

#143020 Memory Stick Problem

Posted by Richomundo on 28 February 2008 - 03:30 PM in Off Topic

sony memory sticks are notorious for becoming corrupted.

Hence why their DSLR's also take compact flash instead of memory stick pro duo :-p

you might need to reformat, but you most likely won't need to replace it unless its unrecognizable at all.

#140206 February Yano

Posted by Richomundo on 14 February 2008 - 03:01 PM in Nerf Wars

:) :D