Inferno's Content

There have been 71 items by Inferno (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#107976 Nerf War Etiquette

Posted by Inferno on 28 May 2007 - 03:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice article, very well-detailed and to the point. I especially like the paragraph on dead people helping teammates or gathering ammo, you addressed it well. Since you stated that you are taking suggestions, I have one along the lines of dead people can't help/harm teammates or opponents.

I've never been to any of the wars listed on NerfHaven.com (though I've always wanted to), so this rule may not apply to the way y'all play. Sometimes during a battle, someone needs to call a "time out", for whatever reason (injury, need to leave for work, etc.). During a "time out", sometimes people will go collect ammo, reload their gun, or try to maneuver themselves to a more protected location on the field of play. In Austin we don't allow this, a "time out" means stop all play, address the issue for which the "time out" was called, then back to where you were to resume the battle the way it was when it was stopped. I know this may not apply, but it's just an issue we've had here in Texas and I hope it's of use to those who regularly participate in Nerf Wars.

#48557 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by Inferno on 03 March 2005 - 03:52 AM in Off Topic

Wow, a lot of good stuff has been thrown out there. I'll try to list what hasn't already been mentioned. Saw was Ok, the only thing was that the acting started to fall apart towards the end, and everybody in the theater started to laugh at the film. I felt sorry for the guy from The Princess Bride (which is a great movie, by the way).

I also like:
Better Off Dead
Grosse Pointe Blank (Kick ass movie)
Dawn of the Dead (The newest one)
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Top Gun
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Tommy Boy
Black Sheep
Full Metal Jacket
GI JOE The Movie (shut up, I was huge GI JOE fan)
Batman
True Lies
The Blues Brothers (not 2000, that one is a disgrace)
Stripes

Just about every James Bond film, especially:
Live and Let Die
The Spy Who Loved Me
For Your Eyes Only
From Russia With Love
Goldfinger
Thunderball
Dr. No
You Only Live Twice
Most people don't remember it, but On Her Majesty's Secret Service is worth watching, and the only Bond movie with George Lazenby playing Bond. It's also the only one in which James Bond gets married.

I left out Die Another Day because it just sucked. So did The Man With the Golden Gun.

#48555 Most Influential In Online Nerf History?

Posted by Inferno on 03 March 2005 - 03:13 AM in General Nerf

My first ever Nerf war was with my older brother, David. He was the first one to get me and my friends and his friends to an organized Nerf war in our house. He was the first person that I knew of to modify darts to make them more accurate and fly farther. My friend Adam (Nerf Psycho from NO) was the first to show me how to modify Nerf guns. Then there's my nephew Ryan, who got me back into nerfing and ultimately influenced me to get back into the Nerf forums.

Then my family got AOL, and Adam and I both joined NO. It seemed that everyone was talking about this "bad-ass Nerfer" who was like 20 or something. That was Spoon. That made me think "People are still into Nerf when their 20? Hell yeah!"

So there it is. My brother and my nephew, who nobody else on here knows. Nerf Psycho, who I'm sure a few people on here remember from NO. And then there's Spoon, that guy that everybody seemed to be in awe of.

I went into a little too much detail there, sorry.

#48554 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by Inferno on 03 March 2005 - 02:54 AM in General Nerf

19, 20 on November 1.

Coors all the way. Silver Bullet! That beer has always been there for me. Good times, good times.

I also like Corona, that stuff is good with pizza. Keystone also has its' place as the official "college beer" of most Texas colleges and universities. Especially Stephen F. Austin in Nacogdoches. I visited my brother there for the weekend and parties with his frat out on "the land"...I still can't remember what happened on that first night. Uh oh...

#47399 I Love Gw!

Posted by Inferno on 17 February 2005 - 05:46 AM in Off Topic

I remember watching "The Daily Show", where they brought up a clip from 2003. A Whitehouse spokesperson was saying what the cost of the war AND reconstruction would be. He stated that the planned budget would be 1.75 billion, and that no more money would be necessary for the aftermath.

What are we up to now, about 200 billion? I love how "The Daily Show" digs up old stuff to make people look like asses.

About the whole bumper sticker thing - "The Kerry/Edwards '04" thing is over. We're in a new year with the same President. How about a new bumper sticker? Something like "Bush Sucks" or "Kerry '08" could make people look smarter and less lazy. But hey, people can do whatever they want. It's just something that gets on my nerves.

#47327 I Love Gw!

Posted by Inferno on 16 February 2005 - 02:25 AM in Off Topic

Shut the fuck up.

The election is over. Maybe we did elect the wrong guy. But notice the tense. Hint: it's PAST TENSE. So, shut the fuck up.

Can we close this topic?

YES! I've been waiting so long for someone to just come out and say it. As well as with the Kerry/Edwards '04 bumper stickers. Time for those to be taken down as well.

AirApache, you rock.

#46532 Starwarz Gangstuh Rap

Posted by Inferno on 25 January 2005 - 04:45 PM in Off Topic

A while ago, me and my friend were surfin the web and we stumbled upon this masterpiece. I thought you guys might like it. You can get it at many sites, like newgrounds, and ebaums world, but here's a link: http://www.funnyjunk.../pages/star.htm

I guess you missed this little item.

#46518 2005 Deathpool

Posted by Inferno on 25 January 2005 - 02:16 AM in Off Topic

In no particular order:

Bob Barker
Muhammad Ali
James Brown
Charlton Heston
Joan Rivers
Roger Moore
John Goodman
Kirstie Alley
Aretha Franklin
Ian Mckellen

#46488 Maverick Locations

Posted by Inferno on 24 January 2005 - 07:44 PM in General Nerf

Not really, there aren't any that close to me, so I'd rather avoid going to one unless they have them.
I live in Fairfield, CT 06824
Thanks again, hope it works this time.
-Jlego

Jlego, I got the info from Target today. It wouldn't list zipcodes for me when I searched out of state, so I'll just list all the cities that popped up. Remember to call them and make sure that they have them.

Waterford - 860-442-3300
900 Hartford - New London Turnpike (8)

Stamford - 203-388-0006
21 Broad St. (5)

New Britain - 860-348-9100
475 Hartford Road (4)

South Windsor - 860-327-0082
125 Buckland Hills Dr. (3)

North Haven - 203-859-3490
200 Universal Drive N. (2)

Newington - 860-616-0022
3265 Berlin Turnpike (1)

The number in parenthesis is how many were counted as in stock. Once again, the item number is 204-01-0074. Good luck finding one.

Anyone else that wants me to search Target store nationwide, let me know.

#46448 Maverick Locations

Posted by Inferno on 24 January 2005 - 12:58 AM in General Nerf

Inferno, it would be awesome if you could search CT. If the zip code helps, the closer to 06824, the better.
Thanks.
-Jlego

I tried to get on the Merchandise Location Program but it wouldn't come up at work today. Sometimes it's unavailable. I might be able to check for you tommorow. Got a specific town/city in mind?

#46410 Maverick Locations

Posted by Inferno on 23 January 2005 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

This might help some of you poor souls out there with no Mavericks.

Okay. I just got back from work at Target. Earlier today I was trying to help Fuse out and get him some Mavs from the Target I work at, but we were sold out. I got on the Target System and through our Merchandise Location program found another Target which claimed to have 8. Even though our Merchandise Locate program works, it often gets the number of units wrong because of how often it is updated. I figure it's safe to just go and not call ahead to see if they have any.

Turns out they don't even have a Nerf section. They were completely void of any Nerf products (Nite Finder, Maverick, Footballs). I find a Target Exec there and he explains to me that they only had them at Christmas. I find this odd because the Target that I work at still had our Nerf section up, with Nite Finders and all the usual stuff. The Exec says that they have not yet updated their planogram, and our store probably had. Which is true; our store has moved almost everything in the Toys section around, and gotten rid of all our clearance toys. They still had a clearance section in their toy area.

My next step was to go to work today and search Target stores by STATE instead of just locally. From what I've gathered in this topic is that some of the east coast doesn't have any Mavs, as well as the southeast. I didn't have much time to do this and was only able to list the first few towns I saw, but here are 4 states which should have Mavericks or should be getting within the next month or two(my estimate):

New York: Orchard Park, Walden Galleria, Niagra Falls, MT Vernon, Copiagne

Maryland: Lexington Park, Bel Air, Westminster, Gaithersberg

New Jersey: Toms River, Mays Landing, Jersey City Turnersville, Princeton

Georgia: Fayetteville, West Marietta, Snellville, Roswell <---For Fuse

Sorry I didn't have time to get addresses or phone numbers, but Targets in those cities/towns should either have them or be getting them soon. The item number for the N-Strike Maverick is 204 01 0074--it's easier for the operator to find it using the item number than just giving them a product name that they aren't familiar with.

If anyone would like me to search other states, I would be glad to do so.

#46314 Maverick Issues

Posted by Inferno on 19 January 2005 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

Even thought I don't have a Maverick yet, I'm glad that you posted your "design flaw" on here, so that myself and others can refer back to it if we have the same problem. I'd rather have someone have to suffer first then figure it out and post it before I do....hope that made sense. Anyways...thanks, okto.

Edit: grammar.

#45744 Maverick Locations

Posted by Inferno on 09 January 2005 - 01:47 AM in General Nerf

Back ON topic, all of the Target's (6) in the Austin area now carry the Mavericks.

...And all of our Christmas items are now 90% off, or whatever is left of them.

#45743 This Is How You Suck

Posted by Inferno on 09 January 2005 - 01:33 AM in Off Topic

Reading if fundimental, motherfucker!

That's going in the signature.

I agree with >Fuse<'s way of thinking. If I don't like a band but do like one or two of their songs, I will find a way to acquire those songs without purchasing the entire album. However, if I do like the band and their songs, I will usually purchase their CD when it's on sale at Target combined with my employee discount. The most that their making off of me is $9.72, and I'd like to keep it that way.

#45604 This Is How You Suck

Posted by Inferno on 07 January 2005 - 01:10 AM in Off Topic

I have no idea why they are so popular.

One word: "Strategery"

That's great, I love that skit. A bit off topic, but I think that Jimmy Eat World's new album, Futures, is very well done, an improvement from their last album. It's one of those CD's I can listen to and never have to press the "Next Track" or "Last Track" button. About the only CD I have that I can do that with.

"Lockbox."

#45203 Whats Your Favorite Line Of Nerf Guns?

Posted by Inferno on 31 December 2004 - 02:35 AM in General Nerf

^^^^^^^^^^
What are paragraphs?

The Lock n' Load was the first gun that I seriously modded. For a solid two years I used dual LnL's in all my Nerf wars. I just love the feel of that gun. It became a part of me....

#45126 Merry Christmas

Posted by Inferno on 30 December 2004 - 04:34 AM in Off Topic

Yeah, that Bob bush site is shit. I saw the red state/blue state map, saw it was inaccurate, and closed my window.

For Xmas, I got I'm Just Here for More Food by Alton Brown, Revolver and Abbey Road, two huge containers of Nutella, GTA San Andreas, and DDR Extreme. Those were the highlights at least.

I asked my parents not to get me GTA San Andreas. I just know that if I had it in my possession I would fail all my classes. GTA Vice City did enough damage to my grades when it came out.

#44947 Merry Christmas

Posted by Inferno on 27 December 2004 - 03:40 AM in Off Topic

Late Merry Frikkin' Christmas!

I feel kinda pathetic after reading all of what you guys got for Christmas/other winter holiday gift exchange. I was given a book, Your Road Map for Success, by John C. Maxwell, the Stars Wars Trilogy on DVD (widescreen), a new Nautica bi-fold wallet (my old one was tri-fold and I wanted one just like it, but oh well), and of course the 4-day ski trip to Winter Park, Colorado (18 hour drive each way). Well, I guess that the ski trip is quite a bit, so it all works out.

But c'mon guys, it's not all about the presents, is it?

Oh wait wait...one year my parents gave me a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper for Christmas. Has anyone else received a relatively lame present like that? I just didn't know what to say to that..."Oh...OH HEY!......Dr. Pepper! You know I've been needing a new one of these....I'll uh-I'll use this EVERY DAY. Um...thank-THANK YOU, MOM AND DAD! I never thought that I would um...get one of these. Wow..."

That was a lame Christmas, back when I only cared about the gifts.

#43751 Christmas Day Poll

Posted by Inferno on 11 December 2004 - 02:39 AM in Off Topic

Let's see....one of my Christmas presents this year will be a ski-trip paid for by the rents, December 18-24. I think I'm getting only one other present than that, but I don't care. I can't friggin' wait to go skiing...

I'm getting a ski package for Christmas too. (Along with my brother) I get to go 6 times. :D Man I love skiing...
~Halfling

Oh yeah, it's like a drug...maybe something to do with the powder....

Actually this trip will coincide with my older brother Daniel's ski trip. He's taking his wife's family for their first ever ski trip. It just happened that my other brother David and I were invited by our friend from Arkansas. We will be in Colorado the same dates, and be staying relatively close to each other, skiing the same mountain (Mary Jane). Big relief for Dan because QUOTE "THANK GOD YOUR GOING. Otherwise I'd just be skiing by myself while my in-laws take lessons."

Weird how this stuff works out...and somehow I got off from work to go ski on the busiest shopping days for Target.

#43693 Christmas Day Poll

Posted by Inferno on 10 December 2004 - 01:43 AM in Off Topic

Let's see....one of my Christmas presents this year will be a ski-trip paid for by the rents, December 18-24. I think I'm getting only one other present than that, but I don't care. I can't friggin' wait to go skiing.

As for Christmas day, I will be with the family. Good memories...
My dad will bang on my door, throw it open, hit my toes with an open-palm and yell "Get out of that bed!", then leave. I'll stumble out of bed sleepily, throw on some clothes and ooze down the stairs to eat an awesome breakfast. Good stuff.

Oh and taita, it's about 65 degrees right now in Austin. This weather rocks.

#43119 Auto-pumping Idea For Supersoaker Sniper Rifles

Posted by Inferno on 01 December 2004 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

Target has its' own brand of bike pump. $9.99 always. Don't even bother checking with their fucking website. Type in "bike pump" in the search engine and get results for Miami Vice........I hate that website so much.

#43049 Art

Posted by Inferno on 01 December 2004 - 04:28 AM in Off Topic

I love that Consumer Whore Bar, that guy's expression and the small text at the top just make it work.
I never really got into art. I wish I had taken some classes though, all I was ever good at was sketching. I had some killer skecthes of action scenes from Nerf wars, but I just kind of stopped for some reason....probably too lazy.

Wow. Too lazy to sketch...now that's pathetic.

#42950 What Is Up With The Site?

Posted by Inferno on 30 November 2004 - 01:01 AM in Site Feedback

I changed a couple things. Let me know if you have better luck with it.

Everything seems to be fixed now. Whatever you did worked for me. Thanks a bunch. I can SEE again!!!!

#42569 What Is Up With The Site?

Posted by Inferno on 26 November 2004 - 04:14 AM in Site Feedback

I have Windows XP and am using the same version of Microsoft IE as taita_cakes. I wonder why I was able to see the image that he posted of the "About Internet Explorer" screen, but I wasn't able to see the picture that cxwq posted. Friggin' A....

#42345 What Is Up With The Site?

Posted by Inferno on 24 November 2004 - 01:13 PM in Site Feedback

No, it's not just you. It's like that on mine, too. I have no idea why this is. It's been like this for a couple of days now.

#41972 Prank Ideas

Posted by Inferno on 18 November 2004 - 03:38 AM in Off Topic

I don't think that this one would be too bad. Get some toilet paper and then put streaks of peanut butter on it (implying that someone wiped their ass with the T.P., for you not-so-bright-crayons). You could stick those under the windshield wipers.

Or, if you have any parking/speeding tickets from the past, you could put one of those under the windshield wipers.

Or, you could get some sheets and put them over the car, like a car cover so no part of the car is visible. I'd post a sign on the sheets saying something like "Happy Birthday!" or "Congratulations!". For a couple of seconds he'd probably be standing there thinking "They bought me a new car!".

Just my advice.

#41120 Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by Inferno on 08 November 2004 - 12:56 AM in Off Topic

What can I say? My older brothers grew up when the original Star Wars films were coming out, and their interest latched onto me. They still have the Original Star Wars Trilogy in VHS widescreen which came out in like '91 or '92. I feel really nerdy right now.

#41118 Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by Inferno on 08 November 2004 - 12:50 AM in Off Topic

Han was enrolled in the Imperial Academy when he saved Chewbacca from execution by disobeying orders from a superior officer. He was dishonorably discharged and Chewbacca became his partner through a Wookie Life-debt for saving his life.

good?

Yes, very good thank you. I knew he was involved with the Empire somehow before he became a smuggler. Thanks for clearing that up.

#41116 Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by Inferno on 08 November 2004 - 12:43 AM in Off Topic

what are you talking about. Han isn't in this movie at all. they met him in a bar place. And he never at least I never heard turned to the dark side. He married leia and the Jedi Order formed again.Maybe you are thinking of anakin but, I dont think he turned because of money.

I'm talking about BEFORE Luke and Obi Wan meet him in the bar. There is some story behind Han Solo and his origin. Ya know, like how he became a smuggler. Because Episodes 1 to 3 come BEFORE A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. I was just hoping that at the end of Episode 3 there would be some allusion of things to come, like Han Solo and a little more showing of What Boba Fett was like while he was growing up.

#40968 Revenge Of The Sith

Posted by Inferno on 05 November 2004 - 10:30 PM in Off Topic

Oh man that is going to be so friggin' sweet. An army of Wookies? I've always wondered if we would ever see any wookies in episodes 1 through 3. And I don't think I've ever heard the story of how Han Solo came about. I THINK that he joined the dark side, then rebeled because all he wanted was money. Or something like that. Damn, just looks awesome.

#40844 Election 2k4

Posted by Inferno on 05 November 2004 - 02:45 AM in News

I retract my previous statement. Thanks for clearing that up, I didn't realize that Mr. President had "accomplished" that. Hmmm....foundations of my support for Bush have been shaken. I do not agree with his faith-based initiatives now that I know of them. Man, I need to pay more attention to the news.

#40841 Election 2k4

Posted by Inferno on 05 November 2004 - 01:19 AM in News

-Marraige initiative: Bush is wasting money trying to get more americans to get married. For what? To raise a more traditional family? I don't believe that marraige is a completely terrible thing, but it is a personal choice. Right now, I personally do not see any point in getting married. These are our tax dollars being used on what I feel to be an arcane social ceremony. Looking from a legal standpoint, Marraige is simply signing over half of your assets to the other party. I love my girlfriend, but there is no way in hell I'm willing to sign over half my shit to her. This site has some pretty good arguments about marraige as well: http://www.dontmarry.com/

-Faith-based initiative: It makes sense that churches are able to work as a tax-free organizaion, but I think it crosses the line when the government gives direct aid to them. Sure, religous groups usually do helpful things. Hell, I even admit to donating to some of them, but the government should not step in and give the churches more money. I see this initiative as a violation of separation of church and state.

-Abortion: Personally, I feel that people using this solely on a whim is wrong, however I believe it should be kept legal for medical and certain social circumstances (i.e., minors who are too afraid to face their parents). Also, I do believe that the woman has a right to their own decision. To solve the more abusive uses of abortion, I think that the government should try promoting alternatives to help the public know about their options. Perhaps a less-biased sex education system that promotes the use of contraception, as well as abstinence. In my experience, Abstinence-only education is a waste of money. Telling young people to not have sex until they are married is not going to stop them, especially if you look at the link I gave about marraige. Putting an all-out ban is going to cause problems in the long run. If people are forced to carry children, our economy will make our current one look like a huge market boom.

Ok, paragraphs one and three don't directly reflect christianity, but your 2nd paragraph does. But the government giving direct aid to churches? I don't recall that happening without someone being taken to court. If you could give an example of when this has happened, that would help a lot. But the government giving direct aid to churches would be a clear violation of church and state. I just don't think that is going on.

#40762 Election 2k4

Posted by Inferno on 04 November 2004 - 02:10 AM in News

For these election results, I am going with Cx's argument that our country is starting to combine church and state, which shouldn't even be happening to begin with.

The draft rumors may not sway me away from America, but having the country turning into a complete pseudo-Christain state will convince me to move to Canada. At least some people vote based on logic rather than religous beliefs which may or may not be right.

Damn this discussion has grown since I read it yesterday night.

Oruku_Saki, how is our country starting to combine church and state? Could you provide some examples on what you mean? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

#40647 Election 2k4

Posted by Inferno on 03 November 2004 - 03:00 AM in News

Smartass. Ever heard of the equal motherfucking time rule? (And yes, I know it wouldnt even have applied, Im talking principals)

Oh wow. I posted like 3 hours after you did. Heh, whoops. I didn't notice that one. But still, they were doing the same thing at about the same times. Sorry if I came off a bit harsh. I just thought that your "What and asshole" comment was a tad rough considering that Kerry was doing the same thing at about the same time.

#40640 Election 2k4

Posted by Inferno on 03 November 2004 - 12:22 AM in News

So how about this Bush inviting the press into the White House for a last-minute interview? Personally I think its some dirty bullshit. Hes still scared, and they've come up with a sleezy tactic at the last minute. He should not be allowed air time without prior arrangements on election day while the polls are open. If he wants air time, the opposition should have been notified before hand.

What an asshole.

What the fuck are you talking about? Kerry was doing the exact same thing, only from a motel. BOTH fucking candidates were taking interviews and trying to get their images out there at the last minute. Just watch the news and you will see both Bush AND Kerry were getting on camera to try and sway last minute voters.

If you think that Bush is an asshole for doing this, then you're also calling Kerry an asshole, too.

#40545 Birthday

Posted by Inferno on 02 November 2004 - 01:17 AM in Off Topic

Thanks for the ::ahem:: indirect birthday wish. I appreciate you not ignoring me. Want to know what I got as my first present?

Bedsheets. I got friggin' bedsheets. I don't remember asking for bedsheets, I never complained about my old ones, but oh well. It's from my mom and I love her. Silly mother.

NOW if it had been GI JOE bedsheets, then I would be ecstatic.

#40081 Lions And Tigers And Ghouls,

Posted by Inferno on 28 October 2004 - 01:18 AM in Off Topic

I'm going as a lazy ass that doesn't feel like dressing up.

Ohhh, that's creative. I'm going to be a sailor and then I'm gonna go TRICK OR TREATING!!! No, I will be visiting my brother at Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, TX. He's in a fraternity, so I'm sure I won't remember this weekend when I get back home. My bro said last year there were a lot of girls dressed up as Victorias Secrets models....this will be fun.

#39533 Sox Vs. Yanks

Posted by Inferno on 22 October 2004 - 02:55 AM in Off Topic

Almost everyone in my school is now saying go Cardinals.

As they should. I had to go to work from 5:30 until 11:00 at Target. I was shutting down my lane like every 15 minutes to check out the score. Damn, it was worth it...even if I get fired :P

Yes, the Cardinals are going to the World Series for the first time since 1987. The Sox and Cardinals have faced off twice in the World Series in the past, and the Cardinals won both series in the 7th game. Let's keep the streak going.

GO REDBIRDS....KAAA KAAAAAA!!!!!

#39410 Sox Vs. Yanks

Posted by Inferno on 20 October 2004 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

I hate the yankees. I can't put it any simpler, I just hate them. Go Boston.

I'm not sure if any of you noticed, but Edmonds had a 2-run homer in the Cardinals/Astros game. I'm a diehard Cards fan, and I hate the Astros. Especially when Clemens came back to his stupid hometown. I hate Clemens. So much hate in the world....anyway, go Boston. Even though the Cardinals will beat them in the World Series, I'd rather have the Cards playing the Sox than have to play the stupid Yankees.

#39323 "homeland Security" Nerf, And The Law

Posted by Inferno on 20 October 2004 - 12:27 AM in Off Topic

As long as your using a Nerf gun, go for it. I live in Texas and the law may be a bit more "shoot first, ask questions later" here, but my friend's dad had a similar problem and asked the police for advice.

The Story:
For some reason or another, people decided to vandalize their BMW X5 in the middle of the night. By "vandalize", I mean throwing cans of dogfood at the car. That's a new one to me. Who wouldn't be pissed off about that? Anywho, the S.U.V. was damaged with many dents and had the rear window broken. After reporting this to the police, my friend's dad asked the officer filing the report if he could do anything to prevent this and protect his property and family. The officer replied "If they come onto your property and you feel that they are a threat, you can shoot them."
END

So in my opinion, I don't feel that you would be breaking any laws by protecting your property with a Nerf gun. Feel free to shoot them if they try anything. You're not using deadly force or anything, so you should be fine. HAVE FUN!!!