danfluidmind's Content

There have been 7 items by danfluidmind (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#37121 Stefan Dart Weight Problem

Posted by danfluidmind on 13 September 2004 - 02:59 PM in General Nerf

I'm starting to make my own Stefan darts and can't seem to get the weight right. I've tried hotglueing a BB-sized fishing weight into it, but that ends up making it too heavy--it hardly gets any distance before dropping to the ground. It seems to work better to just put a big glop of hotglue on the end. What is the best weight to put into a Stefan?

Thanks
--Dan

#37104 Best Way To Cut Brass Barrels?

Posted by danfluidmind on 13 September 2004 - 08:20 AM in Modifications

Hi all. I was wondering, what's the best way to cut K&S brass barrels. I've noticed that if I use a pipe cutter the ends are crimped every-so-slightly, so that the dart doesn't go in easily (or so that the 17/32" piece doesn't fit into the 9/16" piece). Is there a better way to cut the barrels?

Also, should I use a file and smooth out the end? I've noticed the ends of my darts getting a bit frayed because the sharp entry point on the barrel is cutting them.

Cheers
--Dan

#37103 Size Of Brass Barrel And Dart Size

Posted by danfluidmind on 13 September 2004 - 08:09 AM in Modifications

Thanks a lot for all your great answers, everybody. That helps a lot.

--Dan

#36928 Size Of Brass Barrel And Dart Size

Posted by danfluidmind on 11 September 2004 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

^_^
NO. The fit is perfectly. Think about it. The seal between the suction and pipe is perfect... shove the whole dart, not just the foam into the barrel. Yes, even the Suction cup.

Ah, I gotchya. So if you want to use stefan darts you don't want to use just a 12" PVC barrel because that would only work with stock darts. Is that right? And if you want to use ONLY stephan darts, the best thing would be to use a shorter piece of 17/32" brass inside a longer piece of 9/16" brass (assuming you're using 1/2" FBR)? Is that right?

But what if you want to be able to use BOTH stefan darts AND stock darts in your gun?

Thanks
--Dan

#36862 Size Of Brass Barrel And Dart Size

Posted by danfluidmind on 10 September 2004 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

If you are using stock darts, don't use brass, use 1/2 inch SCH40 PVC. Then push the dart all the way down the barrel.

But the 1/2" SCH40 PVC is a LOT wider than the stock darts. Won't that let too much air go around the sides of the darts?

#36851 Size Of Brass Barrel And Dart Size

Posted by danfluidmind on 10 September 2004 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

Dont waste your time onmthe teks. they are terrible. The only good thing about the gun is the rate of fire.

Thanks for the advice. But I still need to know the answer to the question, as there are other blasters I want to modify.

--Dan

#36846 Size Of Brass Barrel And Dart Size

Posted by danfluidmind on 10 September 2004 - 01:35 PM in Modifications

I've noticed that some descriptions suggest 9/16" K&S brass for custom barrels and others suggest 17/32". What I've noticed is that all darts are a little different, even from bag to bag, and some fit one while others fit the other. The first bag of Nerf whistlers I got, for instance, fits quite snug in a 17/32", but very loosly in a 9/16". But some bags of whistlers I got a few days ago don't fit at all into 17/32" and fit very snug in 9/16". What's a modder to do? Anyone have any advice on the best way to make a custom K&S brass barrel? I'm currently modding an AirZone Tek6.

Thanks
--Dan