Chessler's Content

There have been 312 items by Chessler (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#345916 Nerf Ghostbusters Blasters?

Posted by Chessler on 30 March 2015 - 01:50 PM in General Nerf

That's kind of depressing to look at.

#345884 Nerf Ghostbusters Blasters?

Posted by Chessler on 29 March 2015 - 01:52 PM in General Nerf

Well, kinda true, but I don't see BuzzBee releasing anything similiarly huge or as strikingly beautiful in design as the old 90s Super Soakers.

The Slimerizer was one of those unreleased toys though, but yes, it does looks like a poo-zooka.

#345882 Nerf Ghostbusters Blasters?

Posted by Chessler on 29 March 2015 - 05:36 AM in General Nerf

Unfortunately, they can't do CPS systems, they lost the patent on that :/

They lost the patent to one of their bigger cash cows!? My god, Lonnie Johnsons patent was what got the ball rolling in the first place! Well, damn, that sucks.

#345879 Nerf Ghostbusters Blasters?

Posted by Chessler on 28 March 2015 - 09:29 PM in General Nerf

Seen that petition, even signed it myself. Kinda like them, except for the last ones in the Zombie Strike line, those felt like rushed prototypes.

But I think so too, they could make nice GB blasters, especially with the glow-in-the-dark discs.

Heck, I'd even take GB Super Soakers if Hasbro would release some with backpacks and CPS systems inside.

#345877 Nerf Ghostbusters Blasters?

Posted by Chessler on 28 March 2015 - 08:47 PM in General Nerf

Been thinking about this, and this might be worth a discussion.

Hasbro has aquired Kenner, and could easily reproduce some of the toys from their Ghostbusters line once the new movie comes around.

I mean they had previous toys that got quite close already in terms of style (Neutrona Blaster, Rapid-Fire Ecto Blaster, etc).

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Then I was looking at some of the recent Nerf blasters, and a thought crossed my mind: Which of the current line of blasters would make great Ghostbuster toys?

Not just as in "slap a GB sticker on it" and maybe a white paint job, but as in an actual toy for the (inevitable) GB3 line.

The ones I would think of would of course be the Vortex line, because the Proton already feels like a Hand-held-ghosttrap IMHO.

Dunno, but what do you guys/girls think about this?

#292791 What Should I Name My Band?

Posted by Chessler on 14 January 2011 - 09:17 AM in Off Topic

Battle Salad.

#286624 Printed Nerf Gun

Posted by Chessler on 06 October 2010 - 07:21 AM in Homemades

How about something like this, but with Recon Internals?

Posted Image

#269712 Sharpshooter I Overhaul

Posted by Chessler on 20 March 2010 - 07:32 AM in Modifications

An impressive job you did there. Funny enough, I do the same thing with the screws with every one of my mods.

#268239 Toyfair 2010

Posted by Chessler on 06 March 2010 - 12:10 PM in General Nerf

They were posted already? Well, gone for a few weeks, and missing out on everything, just my luck.

Thanks for your help then.

#268214 Toyfair 2010

Posted by Chessler on 06 March 2010 - 07:57 AM in General Nerf

You link has a double http in the adress, but I see what you mean.

However, I haven't seen them surface in a shop yet, but only on the official Nerf YouTube channel, so, yeah, might as well make a new thread.

#268208 Toyfair 2010

Posted by Chessler on 06 March 2010 - 06:14 AM in General Nerf

New CLEAR Nerf Blasters announced, SuperSoaker joining the family, waterguns with rail system.

Skip to 2:12, you might not make it through the whole video without raging a bit about the two bumlords that show you around.

And as tempting as it may be, please no insults on their comments section, it's the official Nerf channel after all (Then again, are they seriously aiming at the Tween demographic? Ugh.)

EDIT: Another video, less tween band members, vikings fighting with (foam) axe and swords instead.

#261088 Unknown Nerf Gun

Posted by Chessler on 07 January 2010 - 10:55 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image

I had that one! Bought it at Disneyland 8 years ago. It fired puny rockets with an embarassing distance. Did make a nice noise with a bit of a lightshow though.

#252406 European Nerfers And Wars

Posted by Chessler on 02 October 2009 - 06:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Chessler
Austria
We're about 5 Nerfers.

Currently impossible to take part in a fight at a remote location. Almost all of us are either studying or busy looking for jobs by now.

#245978 Raider Cs-35: Overview / Overhaul

Posted by Chessler on 07 August 2009 - 02:07 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

That's one hell of a Pokemon blanket.

On another note, have you got a Recon on which you could put the stock attachment? I'd like to see how that looks.

#232366 Your Favorite Fallout 3 Gun?

Posted by Chessler on 25 May 2009 - 02:42 AM in Off Topic

Either the 44 Magnum or the terrible Shotgun (makes for ~60 damage, so it's quite usefull in close combat).

But the Rock-It Launcher is just as awesome. I usually tend to take the Human Body Parts that the Supermutants store at their campsites as ammunition.

#232083 Suggestion: Newbie Forum

Posted by Chessler on 23 May 2009 - 07:29 PM in Site Feedback

I highly doubt anything like that will ever happen.

This is Nerf Haven, this is the place where the seperation between reasonable, contributing members and inadequate numbnuts takes place. It has been like that ever since the forum existed, the only thing that changed is the influx of new members, which the Admins are regulating on their own quite effective.

Rest assured, it's just a matter of days until everyone new has seen someone get banned for a number of reasons, setting an example of what not to do.

#218101 My Homemade Battle Stop-sign

Posted by Chessler on 15 March 2009 - 06:25 PM in Off Topic

I think a huge Banhammer would be a neat idea. You just run up, batter and scream "BAN!", "PERMA-BAN!".

#210553 Anyone Want To Join A Band?

Posted by Chessler on 08 February 2009 - 05:48 PM in Off Topic

You write music and send files to each other. With some emails and phone calls you could eventually put a song together. I thought that this might be a fun thing to do because you don't need to live in the same vicinity to play. You could have a basest in China and a Drummer in Africa.

This has been done before, they're called Stabilizer. Good luck with your Band!

#185352 Jig For Removing Vulcan Belt Pegs

Posted by Chessler on 24 October 2008 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

Next topic: 101 uses for a dead Vulcan peg
Posted Image
Okay, I'm kidding about that part. But I am open to suggestions...

Use 001: Pinhead Costume for Halloween

Posted Image

#181266 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Chessler on 03 October 2008 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

"toy dart shooters and foam toy darts for use therewith"

They might just be trade marking it for the fun of it, or they are trade marking it because they will make it a blaster.

Could be, but why won't I find anything under "Spartan NCS-12" or "Crusher SAD-6" ?

#181260 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Chessler on 03 October 2008 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, but I doubt they will release the Spartan as a Blaster. My Accusations are based on its Clip. It's way bigger than the regular Longshot/Recon Clips, and I doubt Hasbro will release a new one soon.

On the other hand, I googled for "Raider CS-6", and look what I stumbled upon: Proof of Existence?

#181253 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Chessler on 03 October 2008 - 04:57 PM in General Nerf

Gametrailers.com had a better video quality, I started taking screencaps immediately.

Posted Image
^ Spartan NCS-12

Posted Image
^ Raider CS-6

Posted Image
^ Crusher SAD-6

Posted Image
^ SemperFire Ultra

Hopefully, the "Raider" will be one of the few Nerf Blasters that will be for sale.

Posted Image

#174529 Featured Packed

Posted by Chessler on 02 September 2008 - 04:42 PM in Off Topic

Am I the only person left in the world that wants their phone to just be a phone?
I have a crappy Nokia 1100, and the calculator, text messaging, and LED flashlight are the only extra features it has aside from being a phone.

I'm perfectly fine with having a device that does one thing, and does it well. You end up with a much more affordable device with greater battery life.

I do have to side with you on this one. The old Nokia 3310 I have is 8 years old now, but still works without a hint of errors or any other problems. Personally it's the hardest substance I know, right after the Original Gameboy. It fell down numerous of stairs, flew 8 meters down to the ground, and it still works as on day one.

#170665 New Nerf Games On Kotaku

Posted by Chessler on 19 August 2008 - 03:20 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

This Beast has to be for American Gladiators. Think about it, one of the American Gladiators was promoting the Vulcan, so it might not be a big stretch to think it's for their show, right?

(Note: Haven't seen the new Season of American Gladiator yet.)

#163420 International Nerf War

Posted by Chessler on 20 July 2008 - 01:27 PM in News

Sounds awesome. Some day I'll attend Apocalypse too, but for now I can't leave the country due to attending civilian service (see slavery for reference) until the end of 2008. Bummer.

Next time, I'll bring some friends from the Netherlands and Germany. Take it as a promise.

#159037 German Nerf Commercial

Posted by Chessler on 13 June 2008 - 07:18 AM in Off Topic

As someone whos speaks German I have to say to me this is the equivalent of someone scratching a blackboard with his nails.

#156731 Favorite Video Game Weapon

Posted by Chessler on 23 May 2008 - 04:18 PM in Off Topic

Nailgun, Quake 4.

Also, the Chainsaw and the Plasma Rifle from Doom 3.

#154722 Handle For Homeades

Posted by Chessler on 05 May 2008 - 07:17 AM in Homemades

Here's what I mean:

Posted Image

Been there, done that: Link

Posted Image

Posted Image

#154719 Iron Man

Posted by Chessler on 05 May 2008 - 05:04 AM in Off Topic

I don't know if anyone of you has actually seen all pictures on the Iron Man Movie Homepage, but this struck me as interesting:

Posted Image

That scene must have fallen under the cut.

#143449 2008 Jspb Combat

Posted by Chessler on 02 March 2008 - 01:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I know where the idea for Plungers as Melee Weapon has come...

Posted Image

#143428 Need To Find A New Video Hosting Site.

Posted by Chessler on 02 March 2008 - 08:22 AM in Off Topic

Stage6 is down? Damn. Good Thing I've watched (and downloaded) Season 1 to 3 of Battlestar Galactica before it was closed.

Veoh really isn't as good a replacement, the quality is just as bad as YouTube. Isn't there a better alternative with DivX around?

#139945 Ea Details Plans For Hasbro Brands. Announces Nerf N Strike Video Game

Posted by Chessler on 13 February 2008 - 03:00 PM in General Nerf

I figured it is easier posting this into this Topic about the coming Nerf Videogame:

Posted Image

[Link to Gizmodo ]

#136884 Heath Ledger Is Dead

Posted by Chessler on 22 January 2008 - 05:13 PM in Off Topic

Link

It's all over CNN.

RIP Heath Ledger

(No Batman 2 then I guess.) It's in editing already.

#130067 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by Chessler on 18 November 2007 - 05:37 AM in General Nerf

There was a Crossbow in a Music Video by Electric Six, I just can't remember which one now.

#124787 Your Desktop

Posted by Chessler on 02 October 2007 - 02:49 PM in Off Topic

Here's a Screenshot of my Laptop:

Posted Image

#121342 Chessler's Longshot Mod

Posted by Chessler on 27 August 2007 - 09:16 PM in Modifications

Whats so special about it?

Well, all I actually wanted to do was to throw my two cents into the Longshot-Pool.

Not much has changed, but what is special is the Front Sight. But if you're looking for special as in special special, it's the only Longshot in Europe (that I know of), but I don't think that counts.

#121338 Chessler's Diy Scope

Posted by Chessler on 27 August 2007 - 09:07 PM in Homemades

On topic: What is the carpet for? I assume it's to hold the smaller lens in place in the center of the tube.

Actually, I used the Hot Glue to keep both lenses in place, since the largest point of focus wasn't much already.

The Carpet was used as a material for the outer shell, simply because I ran out of foam.

The red circled area is where the piece of Carpet was used:
Posted Image

The Cardboard Tube itself actually is a small cylindrical box for chocolate cookies, so all I had to do to keep the small lens in place was to cut a hole into the bottom and glue it in place.

#121332 Chessler's Diy Scope

Posted by Chessler on 27 August 2007 - 08:48 PM in Homemades

But please specify: where exactly does it say its not working.

I do not need to specify anything because I am a Rear Admiral of nerfhaven!

So? Unless you want to ban me for contributing something related to our interests tell me what I did wrong so I can edit and do it right, otherwise I don't get your point.

Please?

#121325 Chessler's Longshot Mod

Posted by Chessler on 27 August 2007 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

This one is about the Longshot, but I guess because both are crossing over in some way or another you got them confused.

Edit: as Thom said.

#121314 Chessler's Diy Scope

Posted by Chessler on 27 August 2007 - 06:57 PM in Homemades

English is not my mothertongue, sorry for the error. But please specify: where exactly does it say its not working.

After all it does zoom in a little, but because the lenses are made of cheap plastic the range isn't that far.