Kenpachi Taicho's Content

There have been 79 items by Kenpachi Taicho (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#146429 Ontario Summer War?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 23 March 2008 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm from "kitchener", and by that I mean doon campus for Conestoga. There are a few awesome sites for outdoor wars around me, but not much for indoor. I'll try to get some pics of these areas up, to see what you guys think of them. On a side note, has anyone looked at this war yet?

#144083 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 06 March 2008 - 11:17 AM in General Nerf

thanks! i actually got a small poll to stuff the dart in, and it fits in one of the dart holsters. but i'm curious to what other guns you could use for the glove arm, because it really only seems to work for the "Auto Grip" because it's the only gun that I know of that the release button is actually part of the plunge tube. if you think it's possible to work a pump gun and it's trigger on your arm, like a spidy gun? well, tell me, i want to make more. um, i'll pm you for the prices for my 3 different gloves. i'll have examples made by the middle of the week.

I think you've got something there, the SDTGs could definielty work (quite easily aswell). You might even be able to fit 2 SDTGs on one arm....could be useful. I look forward to more examples.

#143464 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 02 March 2008 - 03:41 PM in General Nerf

Awesome news of the gloves' success Cheese-Boy! I'm not gonna lie to, if you could make them out of a thinner material (and black obviously), I just might be interested in one of these. Could you give a 'guesstimation' of their range? As an extra idea for future Glove Guns of DOOM (GGoD, I like this abbreviation), how about replacing the existing barrel with a coupler & speed loader combonation? You could also make a matching glove, for the other hand, which could hold the speed loader(s).

Good job CB.

#143462 Maverick Problems

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 02 March 2008 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

For your broken slider look here:
http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=8946&hl=
or
http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=8867&hl=

As for the barrel problem, you might want to see if the air is escaping somewhere. Considering that air is getting into the barrel (because the dart is exiting the barrel), I bet the air is escaping.

#143271 Can Anyone Help Me Identify This Gun?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 01 March 2008 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

Wow, look at all that beautiful integration room along the top of the gun!!

#143259 The Vulcan

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 February 2008 - 10:38 PM in General Nerf

Wow ooz, that's quite the post. For starters, I definitely respect the level of technicality along with actually addressing your assumptions before you delved into your dubious quantity (with lots of quality) of calculations. This is still just theory, and I'm kinda surprised you took that much time and effort to speculate. Why not just wait until you have one in your hands, then you don't have to assume anything and your calculations will be more useful. To me your post was a little bittersweet. Awesome level of intellect went into it, however it was kind of a waste of time on your part. I think Assumptions 5 and 9 might be a little large, and this has left you without justification on the time you just wasted proving that you know physics. But I guess if you have to waste your time implimenting something that you've learned, why not apply them to nerf.....I guess that's a good choice.

EDIT: For clarification.....I'm not a "nay-sayer". Infact I'm "patting you on the back" for putting soo much effort (with a good level of intellect) into nerf, irregardless of the vastness of the assumptions.

#143182 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 February 2008 - 11:51 AM in General Nerf

I wasn't all that impressed with the dart holsters you made, but this is in a different league. I agree that in a warm temperature environment they would make you annoyingly warm, but up here in Canada those would make all the difference! You get full props from me on being able to make something so functional for a war out of yarn!

#142950 Kratos Vs. Dante

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 27 February 2008 - 10:22 PM in Off Topic

Peter has a point, Optimus and the Matrix can bring down the planet sized "Father of evil" Unicron. That's all we really need to know.

#141003 95' From Mech 20

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 18 February 2008 - 12:03 PM in Modifications

There already is an RC car that fires nerf darts. There is also a thread for this already, http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=9958.

#136486 Lancer

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 19 January 2008 - 04:20 PM in Modifications

WOW angel.......I'm at a complete loss of words to describe how amazing this mod is, not to mention the video!

#135879 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 13 January 2008 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Poor penguin, you did get owned. I am very much so looking forward to this war, and you're right FA wars don't come all that often in Canada. 13 days and counting!

#134588 Rf20 Mod Kind Of Write Up

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 01 January 2008 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

Awesome write up! This is definitely going to help me with the 2 RF20's I got for Christmas!

#134290 What Did You Get For Christmas?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 December 2007 - 11:35 AM in Off Topic

I had a pretty successful christmas this year.

- a LS
-2 RF20's
-a Magstrike
-2 Rapid Assault Vehicles
-Season 1 & 3 of kenny vs spenny (possibly the funniest show I've ever seen)
-a new dremel
-$250ish in gift certificates
-some random transformer stuff, which was more than meets the eye!

and the best part of christmas....my whole family (3 generations) having an indoor war!

#134288 Remote Control Dart Firing Car

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 December 2007 - 11:08 AM in General Nerf

To keep this thread useful...I'm not sure how easy it would be to make it only have 3 "ranged" shots. I think the purpose of this truck is to attack a cornered enemy, this way they get fragged and there's no possibility that you will. Lionhead, I was thinking the exact same thing about the wheels the other day. It would be more than possible to connect the front wheels to the back wheels, it would just take some work to make the wheels connectable (remove plastic between the wheels).

On a side note, I had a little "mini-indoor-war" and this story shows just how useful this truck is. A buddy on my team decided to backstab me, so I dashed away from him and into another room. Not too long after I got into the other room, he had me pinned by the truck. He was able to drive the truck right into the room, and unload on me......it was a little freaky because I had nothing to shoot at, but I was under pretty heavy fire.

Yesterday while I was out and about, I decided to hit up the local zellers and check out the toy aisle (as usual). While in there I saw what could be the best thing to add to the Rapid Assault Vehicle (now referred to as RAV). Right next to the nerf section was a remote control spy vehicle. This thing had a small camera on it, which displayed what it viewed on a heads up display in a set of glasses it came with. Rigging the firing mech of the RAV to this vehicle (it would be much more difficult the other way around due to the complexity difference in the control electronics....yay for digital electronics!) would give you a view of what your RAV is shooting, instead of blindly firing around a corner.

#134016 Remote Control Dart Firing Car

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 27 December 2007 - 06:21 PM in General Nerf

I appologize for "necroing" this topic, but I have something significant to add.

I got a couple of these rc cars for christmas this year, and figured that I would share a little bit about what I've learned about them. To start off their range is better than what's advertised, I haven't done an official test but the darts go from one end of my house to the other (approx 30'). Also the firing can be enhanced, as there is pretty heavy restriction on the flow of air (the air flows through very small slots in the pegs). This car's biggest draw-back is it's mauverablity. It has "tank" steering (forward and reverse for each side), but it is only applied to the back wheels (there is no power applied to the front wheels). Being "rear wheel tank drive", makes for some awkward manuvering. On tile the wheels tend to spin, too much force applied to the wheels without enough friction (but this can be fixed by either adding a little weight or adding an elastic band around the wheels). I would definitely call this car a nerfer's best indoor war friend. When I get back to college in january, I'll be taking it apart and testing out what I can do to improve it.

Oh I forgot one of the best peices of info, at around 18' it will hit someone 6'2" directly in the neck....AWESOME!!

#132825 Modular Ls Undergun System

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 17 December 2007 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

Awesome idea and full props on pulling it off. I like the idea of being able to quickly snap another gun on the front of a LS, and take it off for more manuverability.

#131495 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 06 December 2007 - 12:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm heading into kitchener today, so I'll be in touch with most of my buddies and will have a number as to how many are coming (I'm guessing 5 people plus myself). Rokor, if you order more pizza, I know my buddies and I will chip in our share of the bill. F_A I really hope you can get the day off. Yes deadumpster, this is getting more rediculus by the minute!

#131460 Tommy Twenty

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 December 2007 - 04:15 PM in General Nerf

The Tommy 20 definitely has its advanteges. Personally I would only use it as a defense weapon for times when the enemy already knows where you are, thus nullifying the problem of excessive noise. All of the other problems of the tommy 20 are fixable with the proper mod (ie cutting a slot to stop the darts from jamming, making PETG or brass 'barrels' to stop the darts from falling out...). The proper mod will fix just about any problem any gun has though.

Just for the record, Voltage will make give the motors a higher max rpm, however if you up the amps it will give the motor more torque. More torque means more force applied to the dart, which means a better range.

#131452 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 05 December 2007 - 01:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm liking the sounds of this war rokor. I still haven't heard from some of my buddies if they'd prefer the 19th or the 26th, so to bad for them. I'm good for the 26th.

#131315 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 03 December 2007 - 11:56 AM in Off Topic

-New dremel
-Recon
-any other misc nerf guns
-and I already have optimus prime!

#131016 Hornet Help

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 30 November 2007 - 10:50 AM in Modifications

I could definitely help if I had some pics. I had kind of a similar problem with my firefly after I modded it, sometime the gun would fire and sometimes it would only sound like it's firing. The problem on my gun was that the rotation mech wasn't properly re-orientated to the gun after re-assembly. Once I fxed that problem, the gun worked flawlessly.

You're right in saying that the barrels aren't supposed to come out, they should be fastened to the turret.

Email me some pics.

Penguin has the right idea, post the pics up here.

#131015 Nerf Grassroots Movement

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 30 November 2007 - 10:41 AM in General Nerf

Maybe "recognized sport" was the wrong choice of words on my part. I'm thinking more of "Spreading the NERF", rather than turning something I like into something I hate. Making Nerf bigger, doesn't mean turning it into paintball. I don't like "all the pricks at the paintball fields", please don't assume things.

I think the "do no modify" disclaimers are more for Hasbro's legal benefit, rather than a strick rule. If Hasbro didn't say "do no modify", and someone got seriously injured from a modded gun, Hasbro would most likely be facing a rather large legal issue.

#131007 Nerf Grassroots Movement

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 30 November 2007 - 08:20 AM in General Nerf

You have the right idea here Uber. The more people that create recognized clubs at their educational facility, tha better the chance nerf will become a recognized sport.

#130999 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 November 2007 - 11:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Just as insurance, if anyone of my buddies damages anyone's nerf gun I'll personally make sure that it get's fixed. If it is un-fixable, I'll personally replace it (including any work for modding or painting).

As far as a date, the 19th of January (the 3rd saturday) seems to be what works the best for my "crew". Before we set anything in stone we should wait to hear from the others about this date though.

#130998 A Note Of Celebration.

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 November 2007 - 11:29 PM in General Nerf

Mind my language here but, that's fucking amazing! I'm currently waiting approval from my college (Conestoga in Kitchener, Ontario), for a registered nerf club. I think I'm going to be the first to do this in Canada though. I would be able to get a maximum funding of $300.00 per event I held. I think we must turn the idea of inter-college nerf wars into a reality. We're on the edge of turning nerf into something much larger than ever expected, and the more people that take this level of initiative to "Spread the NERF" the faster nerf will "snowball".

Awesome news Cmdrmack, you've just given me more hope that my club will get approved. I don't know about you, but I've already had meetings with the student life co-ordinators. I have their backing for even more funding and some major advertising. I'm hoping to be able to strike a deal with the local TRU or wal-mart to get a small discount on nerf items for members of the club (or possibly even them donating prizes), in exchange for advertising their stores inside the college.

Let's get a nerf club in every college and university!

#130943 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 November 2007 - 04:28 PM in Nerf Wars

So far, the 3rd saturday of January is looking better for me. Does that work with everyone else?

#130938 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 November 2007 - 03:17 PM in News

FYI for everyone. It looks as though Amazon is not taking any more pre-orders.

#130929 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 29 November 2007 - 08:48 AM in Nerf Wars

If you wait a little longer to set a date in stone, I may be able to bring about 8 people. So for I have 4 people other than myself coming.

Oh the words of the wise Angel, I was also thinking that this might not be the best time to bring out some of the big guns (mind the small pun). I can vouch for my crew that we will play by the honor system, very honorably. When it comes down to it we will be there to have fun, not bitch over getting hit.

Some of my buddies are just starting to get into nerf, and I'm not sure if I can fully supply them with spare guns myself. Would anyone be able to bring a few "extras" (I know there's no such thing as an "extra" nerf gun!) to help out?

K_T

#130841 Winter-cawthra-nerf-out:wcno

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 28 November 2007 - 10:37 AM in Nerf Wars

Weekend Winter War, in January, in Mississauga.....I'm IN. I'll do my best to get a bunch of my college buddies to come aswell. After I hear from my buddies I'll let you know what dates will work best for us. I'm guessing my "entourage" will be about 5 people.

K_T

#130791 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 27 November 2007 - 02:56 PM in Modifications

DTR that is one seriously badass paintjob on the maverick!

#130438 What Do You Like About Nerf?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 23 November 2007 - 10:47 AM in General Nerf

I definitely like having a large enough nerf arsenal to turn a house party into nerf war zone! I like seeing the look on people's faces when I show up, open up my bag and reveal a gun for everyone there. As already mentioned I like how it's not just about shooting with nerf, because you have to be able to predict someone's dodge. Not to mention be able to dodge yourself. Another "perk" of nerfing is torturing your pets. You might lose a few darts but it's worth it to shoot your sleeping cat, and see it jump 6' in the air, then walk around looking stupid because it doesn't know what the hell just happened!
There's also the golden rule: Modding nerf guns brings out the diabolic creative genius in all of us.

#130306 Maverick Ar's. How Do Ya Get Them Out?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 21 November 2007 - 02:03 PM in Modifications

Go here, http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5673, and look at step 4.

#130304 Maverick Ar's. How Do Ya Get Them Out?

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 21 November 2007 - 01:47 PM in Modifications

You have to take the turret apart, in order to get the AR's out. You might have mised a screw. Have you taken the centering rod out of the center of the turret?

#130302 Sesame Street

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 21 November 2007 - 01:27 PM in Off Topic

After reading this article I've come to the conclusion that I must get these DVD's and learn what sesame street was like before I started watching in the 80's. My favourite part of the article is about the hallucinating big bird, and now that I think about it he does seem to be perma-fried. I also like the part about the show's purpose: "black children, mostly, who must be pressed into service as the face of America’s farms". Hurray for using propaganda on 4 year olds!

#129215 Guitar Hero 3

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 09 November 2007 - 11:48 AM in Off Topic

I must say I am greatly Impressed with the song list...

My Top 2 are: Stricken By Disturbed, and Before I forget By slipknot.... Some sick shit there.

I must agree. The song list on this game (I picked it up last night, and am almost done medium.......I'm very tired today at work ha ha ha) is rediculus. If I had to pick a top 3 to play so far.....Priestess: Lay Down, Slipknot: Before I forget, and DISTURBED: Sticken. I freaked out for a bit when I saw that there was actually a Disturbed song on the game.

#129084 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 11:43 AM in Off Topic

Initially, you didn't say shit about a concert, only that Disturbed was good. Certain people are musically talented (See: Bach, Steve Vai, Michael Angelo Batio) some are not (See: Fred Durst, Dave Drainman, etc.) that is a fact, stop arguing that it's an opinion. Again, if you like them, fine, don't make false claims though.

And no, you did not conjugate correctly. Disturbed is a unit, therefore it takes the pronoun "it" and it should take all verbs that "it" takes.

I've seen these guys in concert, and so far (in my opinion) it was the best concert I've ever been to. Just to give reference to some of the other bands I've seen live; Metallica, Greenday, Three days grace, korn, etc.

Initially I did say something about a concert. I'm not arguieng who is and who isn't musically talented, because that's pointless. The reason that's pointless is the FACT that the term "talent" and who it applies to is based on OPINION.

The fact is that talent is purely based on opinion, and comparing talents will only change your OPINION to an OPINION based on a term of relativity, still not a FACT. I only ask the you bring yourself down from the heavens to live with the rest of us who acknowledge the FACT that our OPINIONS aren't FACTS.

#129079 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 11:17 AM in Off Topic

Listen, it's a simple fact of life that some people are musically talented, and others are not. That happens to be the opinion I perscribe to, but it's also a fact, down and dirty. All I've said is that Disturbed's members are those who are not musically talented. If they put on a good show, fine, but they are not musically talented.

PS. The proper verb form to use with a band is the third singular (ie. is, was, etc) not the third plural, as the band's name is a collective noun. Not attacking, just pointing it out.

*SIGH*

Considering the fact that the show they put on was a concert, which in my opinion it was awesome (giving a reference to what my opinion of a good concert was), I believe that they are talented, yes that is my opinion not a fact. You're placing too much factual (if that's a word) relevance to the word "talented", which by definition is almost purely opinionative. You're opinion is that Disturbed are talent less (did I conjugate correctly this time?), I respect it and you're completely entitled to it. However it is not a fact, so please quit being so narcissistic by claiming your opinion is a fact.

If you wish to compare Disturbed to other mallcore bands in musical areas by all means go ahead, but even then it is still only a relatively based opinion.

#129076 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 10:49 AM in Off Topic

Uhh what? I don't care if they can put on a good show for those people who cannot recognize talent. It's not an attack, it really isn't - that's just the way you're handing it out. Talented pertains to playing/writing well, or if you're the vocalist, singing well/writing well. I'm not sure what you mean by a 'good show,' but tell me, how many shows have you been to in which a band you like didn't put on a good show? The only time it's happened to me is when the band's volumes were totally fucked and you could barely hear the vocalist. Oh wait, that makes sense since all the bands I listen to are talented musically. If you're seeing a lot of disappointing shows, what's that mean?

Again, my original claim was directed towards your statement "I can't believe no one has mentioned Disturbed yet." I said the weren't talented, in reference to their musical abilities because, quite simply, that's what this thread is about. They can't be talent-less in the studio and then be talented on the stage, simple as that.

RAMBO, you're confusing your opinion for a fact, and it's getting frustrating trying to tell you that your opinion isn't a fact. You at least gave a frame of reference in one of your posts, but that doesn't make you opinion a fact. I'm not taking this as an attack, I'm merely providing the the fact that your opinion isn't a fact. Having said that, neither is my opinion (which happens to be that Disturbed are awesome).

I never said that I attended any "horrible shows" (even though I've been forced to see nickleback by the wifey....which IN MY OPINION was horrible). The references I gave were some of the best shows I've been to, and it was purely so that you could see what my opinion of a good concert was.

To tell you the truth I was shocked that no one had put Disturbed on their list, especially since I saw many lists that have a lot of bands that I listen to as well.

#129073 Music

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 10:22 AM in Off Topic

QUOTE(Kenpachi_Taicho @ Nov 8 2007, 07:04 AM)

"Disturbed is not talented", is a VERY opinionative statement. If you're going to say something like that, you might want to back it up with some sort of proof, or atleast claim it to be your opinion rather than a fact. I've seen these guys in concert, and so far (in my opinion) it was the best concert I've ever been to. Just to give reference to some of the other bands I've seen live; Metallica, Greenday, Three days grace, korn, etc.
Therefore, I call your bullshit.

Two problems with that. Disturbed isn't talented. Just because they put on a good show doesn't make them talented. I've got some buddies that are in a band, they put on excellent shows, are they talented? Fuck no, they aren't very good at all, no record deal, no sponsorships, nothing.

I think you're narrowing the label of "talented". I also think that it is your opinion (not a fact) that they aren't talented, which I respect because everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However, let's look at the definition of the word talented. Talented: showing a natural aptitude for something [syn: gifted] (taken from http://dict.die.net/talented/). Technically since they've shown me a natural aptitude for putting on a good show, they're talented. I've already used a base of reference to compare my opinion of their concert (look at the other un-arguably talented bands I've seen live). Therefore, it is my opinion that Disturbed is talented, which is based on the facts.

If your buddies put on a good show, I think they're talented. A record deal isn't necessarily about talent, I think it's more about the profitability for the record label.

#129065 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by Kenpachi Taicho on 08 November 2007 - 09:14 AM in General Nerf

I think you're on to something there SHA. It might not be able to fit into a shuriken, but I definitely think a ninja weapon (that could spread micro's in that fashion) would be extremely useful!