Squishy's Content

There have been 121 items by Squishy (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#242838 Dart Of War 2 - Nerfous Breakdown

Posted by Squishy on 20 July 2009 - 11:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Latitude:38.985722
Longitude:-76.948739
http://maps.google.c...29&z=16&iwloc=A

All of lot 1 is fine to park in. If you choose to park in another lot, make sure it says you can park from these times to these times except on the weekend, no permit is needed.

This may help as well: http://www.dots.umd....nstocampus.html

Pictures should be up later today.

KEEP IN MIND MINORS MUST HAVE A PARENT SIGNATURE.

I'd like a final head count if you please.

#241430 Dart Of War 2 - Nerfous Breakdown

Posted by Squishy on 11 July 2009 - 11:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like I'm a go, just as long as I tell dad that I need to be there earlier then I need to - he seems to think that "I need to be here at this time" = this time + ~30 min. I might have my new mod worked up, if I can find the parts... :P

EDIT: I was reading rules like a good little nerfer, and found your melee rules here: http://umdnerf.com/rules.html.

What I want to know is, I have the equivalent of something like these (Homemade): http://en.wikipedia....ki/Modern_Arnis.

They don't have a handle or pommel, but they are made from the cores of what used to be foam training Nunchuku covered in pipe insulation, I can fix them to give them the 2''+ foam sealed over the tip, are they acceptable?

They would essentially be two foam covered hollow plastic tubes of a total length apiece being 1 foot 2 inch long.

I just beat myself upside the head with them and it didn't leave any marks. :P

Doesn't really matter if you are late. Your melees will probably be fine. Hard to tell over the Internets though. Also...Why bother linking me to the Modern Arnis, when you could have basically said:

I have two foam sticks is this OK (please circle one!) YES/NO/MAYBE

#240373 Dart Of War 2 - Nerfous Breakdown

Posted by Squishy on 06 July 2009 - 07:18 AM in Nerf Wars

For the 9-12 I was just blindly copying the event page. I'll change it to say it's an all-day event. I can't seem to find any maps or building plans online, unfortunately.

Yeah, I was using a GPS last time round and it wasn't easy to descern the building. I don't think I was alone in my confusion either. Just give basic directions from each major entrance to the campus, and people can google everything else.

If anyone think it'll be helpful, I could give the exact coordinates in longitude and latitude. Will post directions after the 12th, including google maps and hopefully a picture of the building. We will also provide phone numbers to anyone who PMs me or Andrei. But please be patient, I am incredibusy.

#240322 Dart Of War 2 - Nerfous Breakdown

Posted by Squishy on 05 July 2009 - 06:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, then I have two, well, I guess three questions.

1: If it's not 9-12, what is it? I'm going to need to work out the time reasonably exactly, my ride has things that day, so we need to plan it out.

2: Are stefans in a lower powered blaster ok? I'm not going to be rolling with a +bow or anything, I'm not sure what I'm using yet.

3: And can we have a few pics?

Thanks much.

1: 9 in the morning till whenever everyone is too tired. Last year everyone took off around 7 or 8.

2: should be fine. At least someone will be using them in a 3k or some such.

3: Not yet. I'll see what I can do after the weekend. Just have VACC or Jordan or someone vouch for how awesome it is.

#240263 Dart Of War 2 - Nerfous Breakdown

Posted by Squishy on 05 July 2009 - 10:41 AM in Nerf Wars

There are still quite a few unanswered questions for this war to be only three weeks away. Can we light a fire under the plusbow issue and that the war is only three hours?

War is not three hours, it's all day. Plusbows will be allowed but if you are deemed to be using them improperly, you will need to use another blaster. Close quarters and stefans will make hefty bruises with the plusbow, so I really recommend streamlines, as there is much less of a chance of anyone walking away with bruises. Please understand that the university is barely allowing us to have this event, so we need to be on our best behavior and not break anything this time.

#240058 Dart Of War 2 - Nerfous Breakdown

Posted by Squishy on 04 July 2009 - 01:06 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd use streamlines, because I'll be honest, most stefans self destruct at indoor wars. I'd bring a replacement anyway, but they sound fine.

Stefans did fine for me at both Massacre wars I attended, so would I need to use streamlines? If this is too cluttering for the thread, I can also pm whoever I need to.

Yeah they are fine, but they turn into ass darts in close quarters pretty fast. As for kooshes, no they aren't common, but some people suck at aiming. Also, Slug used streamlines last year for the reason mentioned above.

#239522 Dart Of War 2 - Nerfous Breakdown

Posted by Squishy on 30 June 2009 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

'GODDAMNIT VACC my knee!'

Don't be a bitch. You get shot at nerf wars; this is not a revelation.

You're right, I'm being really gay.

I am a pretty solid maybe, but I need to know what I can use, and if I can use stefans. My typical primaries are my LS, "Miget," or "Domsayer." They both shoot about 80' (in the LS thread, it says 90', but I have since taken out the RFSG spring). Would I be able to use one or both of those, and would I be allowed to use stefans with them? I'm not trying to scoot around any rules (as I didn't see anything about either of those guns); I just want to know what I'll need to have ready to bring.

I'd use streamlines, because I'll be honest, most stefans self destruct at indoor wars. I'd bring a replacement anyway, but they sound fine.

#239292 Dart Of War 2 - Nerfous Breakdown

Posted by Squishy on 29 June 2009 - 06:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Fuck July 25th! I've been talking about the first one ever since it went down, and you plop this one right on the one weekend I absolutely can't make it in July.

On a side note, you guys allowed +bows last time around; if you're not allowing modded 2k's, what is the upper end you're allowing? Crossbows, unplugged BBBB's, modded airtechs of any kind?

I'm not really sure about these 2k's I had thought that I read this proper. I'm incline to allow 2k's for the war as well as plusbows provided that the darts used are streamlines instead of 'GODDAMNIT VACC my knee!' I'll discuss with my treasurer. It's likely that plusbow usage will go on a case by case basis depending on the user. As discriminatory as it might be, it's still an indoor war with plenty of cover and having a plusbow isn't an insane advantage over even say a 3k. I'll probably form some sort of impromptu judging council when everyone gets there, consisting of the big vets and the core leadership from UMD. So bring a replacement primary. Having multiple pull notch lengths will be good for your consideration. I'll send Dembo your love VACC.

#170173 Pictures From Past Wars

Posted by Squishy on 17 August 2008 - 11:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks a load Badger. Going up in our forums too if you have no objections :lol:

#157759 Summer Dcno

Posted by Squishy on 02 June 2008 - 02:29 AM in Nerf Wars

I've been away from the intertubes for a while, had a trip back home right after the game. Whirlwind of a day, hard to piece together which part goes with which. Though I do remember pegging two people underneath the walkways, killing two people between those two portables before they realized I was right behind them, and getting a sliding simultaneous (we think) kill on Jordan and he me. We are also very happy that everyone left behind a load of darts which ended up going mostly to UMD's Nerf Activity Society on Jordan's suggestion. I think next time the oldest of us should run by the Brickskeller after the game, because I knew I was parched.

#156155 Nerfbots

Posted by Squishy on 18 May 2008 - 03:11 PM in General Nerf

http://www.ottawarob....org/nerf.shtml
Check it out. Some at3ks and RF20s. Kinda awesome, but old: 2004.

#155412 Summer Dcno

Posted by Squishy on 10 May 2008 - 09:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Squishy, if I manage to finish my LS on time, I may be able to lend you an AT3k; sadly though, it might only chamber Slug's darts well, just as a warning.

~ompa

Thanks a load. If worst comes to worst I'll just get some streamlines.

#155403 Summer Dcno

Posted by Squishy on 10 May 2008 - 08:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Hitchhike = Bad
Bad Knee + Long Ass Walk = Bad
Mailing Guns = Funny Story, but still Bad

I know I went to survival school, but that was a long time ago when I was more agile and 40 pounds lighter. I should have my car back in time, so no worries, but I would rather play it safe.

I think he was being facetious Badger.

I won't have my plusbow done on time, and my at3k is crapping out on me. Anyone got a decent primary that I might be able to borrow for this war?

#154088 Scout Modification (simple Mod)

Posted by Squishy on 01 May 2008 - 01:01 AM in Modifications

This site is turning more and more into a terrible erotic novel everyday.

"dab of it on the rod"

"cock it to give strength"

Also it's voila, as in from the French language. It directly translates to "look there!" Wallah means according to the Merriam-Webster:

a person who is associated with a particular work or who performs a specific duty or service —usually used in combination <the book wallah was an itinerant peddler>

I think my sleep demons have been quenched.

#152745 Summer Dcno

Posted by Squishy on 23 April 2008 - 05:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like we've got a clusterfuck on our hands, gentlemen.

And what gentleman doesn't enjoy the occasional clusterfuck?

#152533 Humans Vs. Zombies In The Washington Post Magazine!

Posted by Squishy on 21 April 2008 - 10:34 PM in General Nerf

That'll definetly be a concealed 'firearm'/weapon, which would depend on your state's laws on such things.

No it won't be. Technically it's not illegal, these aren't weapons. We do like to keep the game and academics very seperate, however. You need to advise players about coloring blasters and not carrying them threateningly or the like. The more waves you make the less likely the game will see the light of day again.

#152124 Longshot Or Recon?

Posted by Squishy on 20 April 2008 - 02:17 AM in General Nerf

if you already have a LS and you don't care for size, stick with that one.

#151950 Humans Vs. Zombies In The Washington Post Magazine!

Posted by Squishy on 19 April 2008 - 03:52 AM in General Nerf

Most people tend not to carry around autos because of the long prime time and when your adrenaline is kicking in when your group is surrounded by 20 zombies, it's hard enough to load one dart without dropping it, let alone 20. In addition, for certain blasters (RF20) you can't run with it and expect darts to not fall out. And you will run. Occasionally some kid will carry one in a pack for special situations, but most of the time sustained RoF is much more desirable. Autos are simply inefficient for defense, and I have not known anyone to be able to fend off zombies better because of having an automatic rather than a decent semi. We instead reward players with more safe zones and longer stun times for certain situations. I honestly can say that unless everyone traded in their longshot and maverick(yes I know, mavericks are only good for bookends, cept in HvZ) for a Magstrike with an airtank, then we wouldn't see a large difference in the outcomes. See, people with more shot capacity in a stressful situation will use more shots, resulting in less 'kills' before the zombies see a reload and bum rush them. I used to use my Wildfire until I realized about 1/5th of the shots fell out if I started to flat out run, negating my ability for reliable burst fire, the reload time took about 3 times as long as I could effectively hold zombies off for, and reloading required cover from someone else. In addition, if the zombies see you have 1/4th of a drum left, (which is easy to do for the RF20, they would all just rush because they knew I could only take out a couple. The magstrike would be better, but still presents low overall RoF problems. Believe it or not, I'd rather have a crummy maverick than a RF20 for the majority of the game. Terrible, I know.

Also, Temkin and the way Goucher in general handled HvZ was very very good for everyone. As the president, it is my job to not let anyone screw up. But there will always be some kid who just got too much into it. I am happy that someone realized that trading liberties for a false feeling of safety is unacceptable.

#151826 Pcno Recap

Posted by Squishy on 18 April 2008 - 11:19 AM in Nerf Wars

I treat mine like dirty whores. And they love it.

Probably the only kid I know who can say he's given a toy AIDS by sodomizing it. That ain't foam, kids.

#151607 Pcno Recap

Posted by Squishy on 17 April 2008 - 11:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Be around for a long time or have alot of money.

#143588 Photon Burst Air Restrictor Removal

Posted by Squishy on 03 March 2008 - 01:56 AM in Modifications

I'm aware. I was looking for a comparison between it and something pretty standard, like a modded NF.

#143560 Photon Burst Air Restrictor Removal

Posted by Squishy on 02 March 2008 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

How's the accuracy on this thing?

#143006 Problems With Converted Taggers In Ls

Posted by Squishy on 28 February 2008 - 02:00 PM in Modifications

If you are storing darts in clips the darts will deform, I have seen this happen quite a few times.

#142560 Yet Another Longshot Mod...

Posted by Squishy on 25 February 2008 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

PMs are usually more appropriate, fella.

#141940 Anyone Else Think This Is Legit?

Posted by Squishy on 22 February 2008 - 07:57 AM in Off Topic

I call BS.
LINK REMOVED

EDIT: My apologies. I didn't remember that 'un.

#140972 +bow

Posted by Squishy on 18 February 2008 - 03:22 AM in Homemades

mmm. Tasty apples.
EDIT: What I had to say was redundant, and was retracted. Sorry. I blame sleep madness.

#138723 The Mantra Ray

Posted by Squishy on 05 February 2008 - 02:57 AM in Modifications

Lynx is so very angry for having a kitten as his avatar.

#138722 Use Of Cell Phones In Wars...

Posted by Squishy on 05 February 2008 - 02:44 AM in General Nerf

it really depends on the pace and venue of the game. Sometimes losing a teammate indoors can be enough reason to use it.

#138456 My Pump Action Ls

Posted by Squishy on 03 February 2008 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

OBVIOUSLY he shot it from the roof of a 10 story building.

#138101 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Squishy on 01 February 2008 - 11:04 AM in Modifications

Since I don't personally have a Recon, I have no idea if this will work, but it might help. Linkage!
Yes, I know that is a Maverick, but I mean the whole foaming for a more efficient pressure dealio.<-Edit

There is no real way to implement this, in addition I tend to believe multiple changes in diameter does nothing but slow the flow of air.

#138088 Tommy Twenty

Posted by Squishy on 01 February 2008 - 02:34 AM in General Nerf

Who sleeps with all their clothes on? fail.
EDIT: Wait, this thread isn't about the Mech 20 videos.

#138087 Nerf Recon Spring Fix

Posted by Squishy on 01 February 2008 - 12:59 AM in Modifications

i was just wondering if you could put another spring in there instead of the wire like in the night finder mod i forget who did it but i think it might work... let me know what u think

Firstly, I really recommend you read the Code of Conduct, I swear it's in your best interest. Secondly, if you look, you can see that there are tight tolerances for the inner and outer diameter of the spring, as it must fit around the 'Armed' portion and inside of it's 'sleeve' in the blaster.

#138058 Barrel Rifling

Posted by Squishy on 31 January 2008 - 09:30 PM in Modifications

That's interesting: instead of taking and making rifling effect the dart and directly giving torque to that, it puts a 'spin' on the airflow. Nice find!

#138037 Barrel Rifling

Posted by Squishy on 31 January 2008 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

look at that... those posts arent much different. not much is being done here except repeating what people already said.

Don't be an asshat. Though I did repeat that the center of balance helps to correct unstable flights, I see no other faults. It doesn't appear as though your comments are adding any substance themselves.

#138001 Barrel Rifling

Posted by Squishy on 31 January 2008 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

You also need to consider that the majority of the weight is in the front of the dart, and the tail end functions as a stabilizer. Rifling for darts will likely decrease range significantly, as the darts are too soft to accept grooves without plenty of compression, they are simply too soft. In addition, any grooves will subtract from the total amount of force moving the dart forward, as some of the force is directed into torquing the dart.

#137873 Hasbro Sale

Posted by Squishy on 30 January 2008 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

No, those are the suction cup blasters. From what I hear, they are terrible, you are looking for http://www.hasbrotoy...O&ID=19544&PG=1

#137802 Hasbro Sale

Posted by Squishy on 30 January 2008 - 10:19 AM in General Nerf

three? maybe if you did it incorrectly, more like 20.

#137781 Hasbro Sale

Posted by Squishy on 29 January 2008 - 10:44 PM in General Nerf

I own two sets and am in love with them. If you plug the pump and nothing else, which is easy, you can get maybe 50 or 60 feet out of it. With some tubing, they are the perfect integration into your primary. If you search a thread dedicated to the things will pop up.

#137693 +bow

Posted by Squishy on 29 January 2008 - 11:20 AM in Homemades

was this problem resolved?

#137566 Dark Shrimp Appreciation Day/week

Posted by Squishy on 27 January 2008 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

I remain confused.