Osiris's Content

There have been 73 items by Osiris (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#155274 Summer Dcno

Posted by Osiris on 09 May 2008 - 06:34 PM in Nerf Wars

hey it's Akira, can I come? I haven't nerfed in a few years.

#91684 Fall Dcno?

Posted by Osiris on 10 October 2006 - 03:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and chris will probably come. I have two good and powerful air techs and many darts.

#68731 Shotgun Dart

Posted by Osiris on 03 December 2005 - 12:30 PM in Homemades

Iv made these darts you call "asshole darts" before but they really suck they break very easily. When you shoot it out of a powerful air gun like an AT2k the hotglue tip and weight just fly out after its shot a few times. They suck just use stefans. Iv also tried the "shotgun" darts before their great but I still like stefans over them. Stefans are the best overall I think.

#68697 Special Ammunition

Posted by Osiris on 02 December 2005 - 05:19 PM in General Nerf

I think it would be a good idea to get an adapter that goes from 2" to 1/2" PVC and shoot mega darts or for micros do the same thing but nest some 1/2" cpvc into the 1/2" PVC. Make sure the co2 is regulated so that the gun isn't shooting darts more than 150ft. It may be dangerous to shoot at people if it goes over that range. Unless you have megas/micros that have 1/4"-1/2" of foam on the tip.

#68280 Xbox 360 Is Out Of Hand

Posted by Osiris on 25 November 2005 - 06:23 PM in Off Topic

I was thinknig about buying one until my dad showed me this article saying that the Xbox 360 had many problems and gliches. I think I changed my mind. Besides I am willing to wait for the PS3 which will have even better graphics. Yes more expensive but you get even more quality. I might wait for the PS3 too I don't want any problems.

Maybe some of us love gamming. Why would someone have like an N64 these days when we can have graphics like a million times better. Things likes PS1 and N64 are obselete. And maybe for some people $1000 isn't much. A homeless man will think $1000 is a fortune but a billionaire would think $1000 is like a penny.

And yes Iv heard on the CNN news that the expenses for an Xbox 360 was $500 and they are being sold for $400. They make money from selling games I think.

#68028 Self Sealing Trigger Valve For Air Guns

Posted by Osiris on 20 November 2005 - 08:30 AM in Homemades

Boltsniper I love that valve could you give me a list of materials you used please? I think I might make one. A homemade rifle with one of those would be a pretty cool idea.

#66496 Looking For A Gun

Posted by Osiris on 24 October 2005 - 03:21 PM in Homemades

i dunno if this is where i should come to post something like this but...
I am looking to buy a homemade

I want a SMALLER gun, something about the size of the Nerf 'Night finder'

We have a game through my college cross country team and I want to have a little edge on the rest of them :)

anyone want to make me one and sell it to me

i dont know how or have the time to do it myself

OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES! Didn't you read Boltsniper's threads on his new homemade? His gun matches the description of what you're looking for. He's starting the bidding on his new homemade pistol on EBAY. Seriously search and read before you post.

#66495 Boltsniper Gns Pistol For Sale

Posted by Osiris on 24 October 2005 - 03:16 PM in Homemades

WOAH! Some people are bidding $51 for this homemade. Damn some people are crazy. Its a really awesome gun but paying $51 is just retarded. Its better to buy a kit or actually attempt to build this awesome pistol. im not filthy rich like that so I guess I maybe I will buy a kit or attempt to build it.

#65852 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by Osiris on 15 October 2005 - 06:28 PM in Homemades

$15-20 for kit of the pistol is a pretty good deal Ill think about it. Are you thinking about adding a spring clip that goes into the handle of the pistol? That would be pretty cool.

#64845 New Nerf Bullets, For Mag Fed Guns.

Posted by Osiris on 02 October 2005 - 02:31 PM in Homemades

I think your idea of making "nerf bullets" sounds like a good one. You should defintly go for it. It should technically decrease air resistance and make the dart more aerodynamic compared to a regular nerf dart which should increase range a bit and maybe slightly increase accuracy or it may not change at all. The big question is 'What how do we make the pointed cone shape of the dart?' Good luck on this. I will think about that question and find away to make this dart. If you find something in the shape of a cone which is the right size then you could try supergluing it to a regular stefan on to the dry hot glue. Im thinking maybe we could make a stefan with a long tip of hotglue use a pencil sharpener once the long tip of the dart is dry and try to make a cone like that. I don't know if that would work.

#64766 Tired Of Making Darts?

Posted by Osiris on 01 October 2005 - 06:29 PM in General Nerf

Are those things growing from the plant as good as darts? Do you think they grow in Maryland? I doubt they shoot as accuratly and go as far as darts if they do, well then I think I will not make another micro and only use this type of ammo that is if I find these plants. Tell me if range and accuracy are good with this new nerf "ammo" you talk about. I may consider using it.

#64396 New Nerf Guns

Posted by Osiris on 26 September 2005 - 03:16 PM in General Nerf

Speaking about lanard guns where can I get a max shot? Is there any place I can get one I want to get one or two before they are outa stock. I hope they still sell them. Don't tell me they don't sell them anymore... The triple shot and single shot are shit but its big brother the max shot is a beast. I need one.

#64277 Cars

Posted by Osiris on 24 September 2005 - 07:49 PM in Off Topic

My dream car that I can afford is the 2006 Hond Civic Coupe. That is the best car because it gets 30/40mpg,140hp, and looks really nice. Its also pretty cheap starting under $15,000 for MT and at about $15,500 for AT. I hope to have that as my first car by my b-day in may. First however I gotta pass the driving test. I hope I pass it will be on the 28th of september for me. If I could afford it I would probably get the 2006 Honda Hybrid Sedan because it gets 29/37 mpg, 255hp, looks pretty nice, and its luxurious. (starting at $30,140).My second favorite car would be the Audi A4 (starting at around $25,000)because it looks nice, its got 200hp, get ok mpg and is very luxurious in the inside. The Audi A4 3.2 CVT tiptronic can get up to 255hp also but with only 19/26mpg. This is why I like the Honda more. So this is what I think:

Favorite car that I can afford car: 2006 Honda Civic Coupe
Favorite car if I could afford car: 2006 Honda Hybrid Sedan
Second favorite if I could afford car: 2006 Audi A4

Another car that looks pretty awesome is the 2006 Pontiac GTO with 400hp for $32,950, the one downside is the fuel effeciency... 16/21 mpg.

#64274 New Nerf Bullets, For Mag Fed Guns.

Posted by Osiris on 24 September 2005 - 06:48 PM in Homemades

Iv tried 1" and 1.5" darts, the 1" darts get slightly less range than the 1.5" darts. You could try making the bullet stefan 1.25" might work ok. I think you are right about air resistance there defintly is less air resistance which should=more range. Your idea of making a bullet type stefan sounds like a good idea I'd want to tryr that. By the ways if you want a 1" dart try nanos, a 1" nano gets more range than a 1.5" micro. I have tried both I have nanos and micros so I know nanos get more range. It makes sense less mass=more range. You have to find the right weight for nanos however, if its too light accuracy won't be very good. I tried .2 and .15 gram bbs I think its a bit light. Id try either .25 or .3 gram bbs as weights. Then you get the same accuracy as a micro with increased range. I think 1" nanos with .25/.3 gram weights with pointed tip for bullet type ammo would work great. I only see advantages, less air resistance=more range. By the ways for the nanos I use 15/32" brass nested into cpvc. The fit is perfect jsut as good as micros to 9/16" brass. The problem is how do you make the tip a perfect cone? Will have to think of an idea for that. I will defintly consider your idea. I expect more pain when shot at however because the pain will be more concentrated and will be in a smaller area. I don't care though thats not a problem.

#64063 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by Osiris on 21 September 2005 - 07:29 PM in Off Topic

O ya fuckedy doo dah! I skate, how the hell could I forget that.
Posted Image
One of my famous varials.

Nice trick. I skate too, its been about 1 year for me.

#64001 Is The At2k Worth Modding?

Posted by Osiris on 20 September 2005 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

On a whim I picked up the two fro $5 at2k's from Target and I know they are crappy guns, but for the price it was hard to pass up.  Is it worth it to do single barrel mods as I am planning, or should I just keep them on hand to give to unsuspecting people who decide they want to nerf with me?

The AT2k Crappy? Its one of my favorite gun. You get up to 100' of range and with nanos ~120'. Its seriously one of the top gun for range and for 5$ that is amazing. Its also very durable I have 4 of them and non of them have ever broken. The AT3k however is crap the check valve is shit it breaks very fast. And yes defintly worth modding why wouldn't you mod it?

I single my AT2k's just because they get even more range than the turret ones. I have a turret and a single barreled AT2k however. Both are great but I prefer nerfing with a a singled barrel one because I enjoy losing with it. It works better than with the 4 barreled one. I also have an NF to push back the rushers incase I miss. This is the mod I did on 1 of my AT2ks:
1. Single barrel using about 6" of 15/32" brass (to shoot nanos)
2. Plug release valve.

Now my gun shoots ~120' which is awesome.

#63861 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by Osiris on 18 September 2005 - 07:11 PM in Off Topic

Soccer;Midfielder, tennis, skateboarding/snowboarding

#63466 Basic Mods To Improve Nf Range And Functionallity

Posted by Osiris on 11 September 2005 - 11:24 AM in Modifications

You got to chose either the key ring or rubber bands/surgical tubing. I tried doing both and when I cocked the NF the key ring snapped and broke and it ripped the skin off of my middle finger pretty painful. Not a good idea to have both. Its better to just leave the cocking handle alone and add rubber bands/ surgical tubing for extra power. Its also a good idea to cut off the light and ammo holders so that the NF is smaller and pocket size.

#63000 A Full Auto Homemade

Posted by Osiris on 03 September 2005 - 07:57 PM in Homemades

Why would you want to make it more complicated with shells. I think its better if its jsut like ompa's clips just darts. You have to do something like Flame bo just said or what TS suggested. Those are the 2 best and easiest way to have at least semi-auto maybe not full auto however.

#62990 Periscope Gun Mod

Posted by Osiris on 03 September 2005 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

If it really does end up shooting 25-30ft then it defintly won't be practical in war. Its like trying to shoot people with an unmodded NF at a war.

#62989 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Osiris on 03 September 2005 - 06:25 PM in Homemades

Good job that is the best nerf grenade Iv seen so far. Those things with filam canisters seriously suck balls. That is an effective that dosn't misfire its nice.

#62933 Dcno This Saturday

Posted by Osiris on 02 September 2005 - 03:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, Im coming too. I told greg to come too he probably will come.

#62578 The R-clip Write-up

Posted by Osiris on 26 August 2005 - 05:11 PM in Modifications

Wait a minute so its gravity fed right? Its not spring fed I assume just looking at the pics. It looks pretty simple to make good job and looks like it would work well.

#62504 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by Osiris on 24 August 2005 - 01:23 PM in General Nerf

What the FUCK??? Are you kidding me I... Already did that... No No No are you serious? Im going to cry if my LBB is broken :lol: So my gun is broken it can't be fixed? Oh my gun I feel like and idiot.

#62500 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by Osiris on 24 August 2005 - 12:23 PM in General Nerf

Thats a good idea I was going to do that, but since I already opened the blue air tank I will do this:
1. Take out that round rubber air restrictor.
2. Drill a hole the size of a quarter where the air restrictor was.

This way I have access to the plunger and the pressure release valve. I can plug it from there. Once it is pluged I will glue the 2 parts of the air tank with epoxy or plumber's goop and then put another seal of plumber's goop on the outside. I also enlarged the hole near the trigger valve where the air is released Im hopnig it can release the air in the tank faster out of the gun when the trigger is pulled.

I would have done what you just explained, its the best way I agree, but unfortuntly I did something pretty stupid I opened the blue air tank without thinking and fucked things up. Yes, I know very stupid. At least there was one advantage to opening the tank I could take out that air restrictor and make a larger hole so that the gun would be able to pump fast (well I think). Its my first time modding an LBB Iv learned how to do it know so next time it shouldn't be soo hard for me. Finally I think that I havn't done anything wrong it should all work out fine in the end Ill be testing the LBB in 2 days Ill let the glue dry well once I am done with this mod.

Ahh I see so its not a hot glue gun ok thank you. I hear all these people saying they will heat the glue and get the pieces of and Im like HOW??? Now I know thank you.

#62494 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by Osiris on 24 August 2005 - 10:44 AM in General Nerf

What do you mean by heat gun? A hot glue gun? God damn it this mod is soo fricken hard... Maybe I should remove that grey part at the end of the gun instead of removing he whole plunger tube I don't know which is easier to do to get to the pump plunger. 107.2 ft with this gun without the release valve pluged is bull shit. Just putting a brass barrel won't add on all that range. It shoots as far as an NF with the stock barrel and no modifications.

#62491 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by Osiris on 24 August 2005 - 10:17 AM in General Nerf

I want to try to cut along the line where the 2 parts are glued together with a saw. So i can get that gay glue off. I tried hair dryer I did it for 10-15 times i tried twice but failed I tried pulling both peices off as hard as I could immediatly after blow drying but they wouldn't move at all. I am kind of afraid of breaking the gun if I try sawing along the line but that is all I can think of trying. At least I can saw off half way and blow dry to try to pull ou the rest or I could use screw drivers to pry it off once I saw along the line a bit. Or do a combo of both would actually be best saw a bit, use screw driver to pry off, and use blow drier. I NEED to plug the release valve. This gun pretty much sucks if it is not pluged. Mine gets like 40ft maybe 50ft tops with the stock barrel shooting stefans.

Oh my god.... I opened the wrong thing... I opened the blue contaioner. I actually have to get the white plunger tube off of that blue thing damn it... FUCK!!!. Im going to try to put some plumbers goop and glue the two pieces back together with the screws back. :lol:

Maybe I can use that to my advantage I can try to take the plunger tube off from the inside and the outside using screw drivers and maybe the hair drier.

#62296 My Newest Homemade

Posted by Osiris on 20 August 2005 - 08:02 PM in Homemades

Its a schreader valve Ace sells it. http://www.acehardwa...rentPage=family Ninja, yes its probably not very high pressure rating but if I want to I can get this one which is rated 500psi: http://www.palmer-pu...-tire-valve.jpg
Before the elbow snapped I was able to range test it at low pressure 60psi. It would get about the same range as an AT2k, 3 shots 90' about. I couldn't put more pressure because I tightned one of the compression fittings too much and the thread was messed up so it leaked. I could see the bubbles comming out under water. I did replace it and didn't tighten it like hell I mean I tightened it as much as I could with my hands and then I took out a wrench and tightned it an extra turn. (ofcourse I use Tephlon tape for all threads as you can see in the pics). That time before I did it way too much. Forget about trying to build this gun there is too much stress on the 90 degree elbow and it will eventually snap. It might work if an air hose is used to connect the tank to the pressure washer handle and if the tank is mounted to the bottom of the handle like paintball guns.

I was trying to make a good overall gun. I wanted:
1. High pressure for long range shots.
2. Big air tank with lots of volume for multiple shots.
3. Clip similar to Ompa's clip but 8 shot not 5 shot and spring fed of course.

I wanted something that would get 30-40 shots so it could last one nerf round and be filled between nerf rounds and with ranges of 100'+. I was planning on making it reliable and usable in nerf wars where homemades are allowed.

Yes it does have looks and it is intimidating but remember the elbow broke it failed. II will have to redesign it a little bit diffrently if I plan on rebuilding it. The tank will have to be mounted somehow.

#62286 How Is The Lbb...

Posted by Osiris on 20 August 2005 - 02:54 PM in General Nerf

Well, if you do just the barrel mod it sucks, it shoots like 50' with micros. If you clog the release valve I bet it could get 120' and be an amazing loser. Its sort of hard to do because on top of the 2 screws holding the pump chamber together there is glue holding the 2 peices together. You have to find a away to get them apart someone told me that using a hair dryer you can get the two pieces seperated and then be able to clog the release valve for mroe pressure. If this is done Im sure it will get amazing range.

#60732 Hose Shutoff Valves

Posted by Osiris on 31 July 2005 - 06:28 PM in Homemades

A silicone lubricant would probably work well. Silicone lubricant is what they use in Airsoft. So yes it should work well. Nerfers like to use WD-40. I have tried WD-40 before it does help. It reduces friction which usually leads to a boost in range. I do it to most of my guns and it works well. I havn't tried silicone spray on nerf darts however. They are probably both just as good.

#60726 While Making Something Else, I Made....

Posted by Osiris on 31 July 2005 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

Wait a minute what ammo does it use stefans or BB's? Is this a nerf gun or an airsoft gun please clarify.

Iv turned an AT2k into an airsoft gun too. All I did was nested a 6" straw with a 6.2mm diameter into a piece of 1/2" cpvc and put hot glue at the ends of the barrel. Then singled the AT2k so it uses the special barrel I created. THE MAJOR PROBLEM with this is that it does not have hop up and it is highly unaccurate. However FPS and range of the BB seems to be much much greater compared to my Glock 17 springer which is about 250fps with .2's. Overall my glock 17 is better I think because its dead accurate and the AT2k airsoft gun is not that accurate sometmes because it does not have hop-up after about 40-50 ft the BB curves downwards. However sometimes it seems to shoot perfectly strait. This is kind of weird. It sometimes shoots dead accurate but sometimes shoots like crap. My glock is accurate to 100ft easily and can consistently shoot the BB in a strait path because it has hop up. I might post pics of what I did its really not that hard. Im telling you the AT2k airsoft idea the major problem with it is there is not hop-up.

Oh and if you really want to make the AT2k small. You could make it even smaller by doing this:

1. Take out internals of at2k.
2. Take shell of gun and cut on the yellow line where the vinly tubing goes to the pump.
3. Put back internals in the at2k and screw it back up.

#60724 My Cool And New At2k Air Tank. Check It Out!

Posted by Osiris on 31 July 2005 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

The reason I did this instead of the regular AT2k mod is because the check valve of my AT2k was broken so the gun leaked. To prevent this I decided to completly remove the pump and make an airtank instead. It is my first time posting images on nerfhq so tell me if it dosn't work. The gun isn't complete and I havnt tested it. I am postive this will work. I don't see any flaws with it. I nested 1" of 1/2" pvc into 3" of cpvc. Then I put lots of epoxy on the cpvc and inserted it into the pump tube and let it dry. Finally i put on a pvc coupler with a thread one one end and attached the adapter along with the schreader valve. More pics to come still.

It is pumped by:
1. Bike pump
2. Foot pump
3. Electric air compressor

http://img173.images...p73102910pt.jpg
http://img173.images...p73102926yb.jpg
http://img10.imagesh...p73102853xk.jpg
http://img245.images...p73102888nr.jpg
http://img159.images...p73102868os.jpg

#60723 Consistent 3k Problems

Posted by Osiris on 31 July 2005 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Before I even read this thread Im guessing the problem is the broken check valve right? I bet I am right. Yeah i bouth an AT3k twin pack i modded them both jsut plugged the release valve and put on some barrels I try it out a few times, it works fine. Then after about like 5 minutes of trying it out the check valve is broken... What a piece of shit I am thinking. GOD DAMN IT! Its happened to both of them, and i did NOT over pump. I pump 3-5 pumps every time. Im god damn sick of these shitty AT3k's. AT2k's are soo much better they like never have this problem.

#60670 Super Soaker Nerf

Posted by Osiris on 30 July 2005 - 09:09 PM in Modifications

No, you use the Super Soaker handle on an AT2K.
Works wonders for me.

Why would you want to do that? The AT2k Pump handle is fine... Its the AT3k that has a shitty pump handle. Its hard to pump.

#59844 Mystery Gun!

Posted by Osiris on 21 July 2005 - 09:25 PM in General Nerf

Here is a pic of the Backlash you talk about:

http://images.google...t...Den-us&sa=N

I have never seen one in real life and never shot it before but it sounds like an awesome gun.

#59602 Thinking Of An Lbb

Posted by Osiris on 18 July 2005 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

It still must be hard to get the 2 pieces seperated so you can open it. I will try it anyways. Thank you.

#59568 Thinking Of An Lbb

Posted by Osiris on 18 July 2005 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

On the back of the LBB box it says "Note: This product is fitted with a safety relief valve". Is there anyway to plug the relief valve in the plunger head of the pump for this gun? If you have done this please tell me how to do this. I tried opening the airtank of the LBB and try to take the pump out this way but I can't there is glue holding it on top of the 2 screws.

#59428 Groove's Nf

Posted by Osiris on 15 July 2005 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

Wow! That thing looks tight good job. Wish I had one. I suggest you replace the stock spring with a 4" or 4.5" spring of the same width if you havn't done this. I get more range with my NF. It has a 5" spring, a bit too long so a irecommend a bit shorter.

#59427 Thinking Of An Lbb

Posted by Osiris on 15 July 2005 - 09:48 PM in Modifications

You are right. I went to TRUs today and I did see a Blast Bazooka for 10$ my brother bought it. It is red/black/grey. I also saw the AT3k which is awesome.

#59283 Thinking Of An Lbb

Posted by Osiris on 14 July 2005 - 09:40 AM in Modifications

I thought the Blast Bazooka was a spring rifle similar to the xbow. I thought it was spring powered not air powered. It looks like a spring gun. I feel like dumbass, my bad.