Yoji's Content

There have been 4 items by Yoji (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#239170 Biodegradable Darts

Posted by Yoji on 29 June 2009 - 02:12 AM in Homemades

As fun as a good gunfight is, it's always awkward to strut through a crowded park with a small army's worth of toy guns. The solution to this would probably be to find an isolated or abandoned area, which is not at all easy in Southern California. There are plenty of forests and similar countrysides within driving distance, but I'm not exactly comfortable with losing polyurethane darts everywhere, either.

So finally, the topic. Has anyone given thought to the idea of darts that nature (and more importantly, park rangers and administration) can agree with? My first impulse would be to bake something out of cheap flower, but I have no idea how to achieve such a specific shape. I don't think I care so much about he performance or anything like that, but just the proof of concept at this point.

#165084 Imperial Laspistol

Posted by Yoji on 29 July 2008 - 02:03 AM in Modifications

Hm, nicely done! It already looks pretty good, but I suppose the plunger handle could use a more distressed look to match the rest of the paint job. But only the handle; I imagine the inner portion would need to be clean-looking like a real firearm.

I'm curious about the insignia above the trigger and that deal above the laser module. How were those accomplished?

#123721 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Yoji on 20 September 2007 - 09:05 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Not sure how often it's been done, but I wanted to try a white gun for a change. If I can, though, I want to sand/grind off the Nerf logos and warnings. The PVC mess to the side is purely cosmetic.

As far as modifications go, it's pretty basic. Air restricters have been removed, and the obvious addition of the Crayola barrel. My further plans include lubricating the plunger (my attempt with WD-40 just made it smell funny), the addition of another o ring, and maybe figuring out some internal banding.

#123268 Polar Star And/or Nemesis?

Posted by Yoji on 16 September 2007 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

So, how many Cave Story/Doukutsu Monogatari fans do we have around here? I ask because I've been thinking of turning one of my Night Finders into a Polar Star based off this pic. How exactly I'd do that is giving me some trouble. I need to figure out:

-Barrel extension. I'll need to add at least 4 inches to match the length shown, but I'm having trouble getting any tubing that actually fits my darts. Home DesperateDepot seems to have a very loose definition of what a half inch is.
-Muzzle decoration. Maybe I could make it out of wood with a band saw and some obsessive sanding, but that sounds tough.