Foam Shooter's Content

There have been 204 items by Foam Shooter (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#196135 Big Salvo

Posted by Foam Shooter on 14 December 2008 - 03:46 PM in General Nerf

You can just rip the ARs out and put the CPVC in the stock barrels. You would need to glue it in there to make it air tight.

#190080 Pump Action Rifle

Posted by Foam Shooter on 16 November 2008 - 05:34 PM in Homemades

Rork: There will be a 1 1/4" Coupler attached to a 1/2" coupler in the thinwall PVC by screws. There will be a slit going back into the gun. When you pull the coupler towards you, like a pump action shotgun, it will bring the thinwall back which will bring the plunger head back, which will bring the catch back and compress the spring. The catch will catch on the clothespin trigger. At this point you push the 1 1/4" coupler back forward. The plunger head will stay in the same spot. Once the 1 1/4" coupler is at the front again you pull the trigger, releasing the catch, sending the plunger head forward, compressing the air in the empty space of the plunger and this will shoot the dart out of the barrel.

#190058 Pump Action Rifle

Posted by Foam Shooter on 16 November 2008 - 04:40 PM in Homemades

I have been talking about this for a while and keeping it under wraps. I just started to build it today and made a design for it this morning. Here it is:
Posted Image
Not great quality because the lines are very light but you probably get the idea.
Posted Image
The back.
Posted Image
The middle.
Posted Image
The front.

Right now I'm trying to find a way to make a breech so that when I prime it it opens and closes but nothing effective has come to mind yet. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate them. I do intend on building this within at least two weeks but the school year is really picking up right now so no promises.
Suggestions to improve the design would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Those pictures are awful, I'll go over the picture darker and repost them.
Edit: These should be better.

#190057 A Teaser

Posted by Foam Shooter on 16 November 2008 - 04:35 PM in Homemades

That is very good looking. I was considering doing a bolt-action gun for a while but haven't gotten to it yet. I'll start a thread for my up and coming homemade soon. I'm assuming that your gun has a 1" thinwall plunger, right?

#189075 My Bigbow

Posted by Foam Shooter on 11 November 2008 - 04:43 PM in Homemades

I'll try making it fire ball.

Carbon: Do you think that you could explain how you made yours shoot balls.

#189030 My Bigbow

Posted by Foam Shooter on 11 November 2008 - 01:25 PM in Homemades

nerfboi: It costs < $20. The PC is the same about 13" including the bushing in it.

Meaker: I used a +Bow spring.

#189005 My Bigbow

Posted by Foam Shooter on 11 November 2008 - 10:56 AM in Homemades

Carbon: I used a 1 1/2" to 1" bushing. I then put a 1" to 1/2" bushing on this. I had to wrap the 1 1/2" bushing in e-tape.

nerfboi: This is not what I was talking about. I have a better one coming. I think it goes without saying that the ranges are efficient but I will measure some today if I get some time. It will easily get over the 100'.

perezinthenet: I used a rounded 1 1/4" cap for the catch part and then I wrapped a 1" coupler in some e-tape and hammered it into the cap. I then did a normal SnapBow washer assembly except a 2" rubber washer and then a 2 1/4" washer.

#188950 My Bigbow

Posted by Foam Shooter on 10 November 2008 - 11:42 PM in Homemades

That's...beautiful. *single tear rolls down cheek* It's also one of my back-burner projects, temporarily abandoned due to plunger head issues and a magnificent distraction. Ah, well; it's good to see it executed so nicely. Getting on here and seeing you coming up with new stuff every 2 days is...well...it's just like Christmas.

PS: slap an RSCB clip on there. :D

I actually got a smile on my face reading that post. Thanks a lot. I guess you can call me Santa Clause, just kidding.(unless you really want to). I haven't really looked into RSCB clips until a few days ago so I'll study up on those. I'll try it if I like what I see.

#188945 My Bigbow

Posted by Foam Shooter on 10 November 2008 - 11:32 PM in Homemades

This is one of my two projects I am working on.
Posted Image

It is a SnapBow made from 2" PVC.
Posted Image

The ranges are definitely better then the SnapBow. My sock is on differently then usual. I have a PVC 1/2 to 3/4" bushing with the 1/2" part cut off so it is just the 3/4" male adapter. I filled this with epoxy putty and then screwed it into the gun with 1 " screws. I then put 3/4" female busing on this with the elbow leading to the rest of the stock.

Questions/Comments/Concerns?

#188361 Gears Of War 2

Posted by Foam Shooter on 08 November 2008 - 11:07 PM in Off Topic

What do you all think of the new Gears of War. Last night there were some server issues but it has been resolved this morning. I bought it last night at 10:00 and played a couple hours of online. I then woke up this morning and played it from noon to nine in campaign. I ended up beating it in the end. The game was very fun with only a few glitches. If you don't have it yet I would suggest getting it. Anyone else have any opinions?

#187956 The Cheapatizer

Posted by Foam Shooter on 06 November 2008 - 09:20 PM in Homemades

Oh, I can't wait then. Thanks for the measurements. What kind of spring are you using? The Hand man one from Home Depot?

It's similar. It's from Home Depot and is the exact same measurements of the Handyman spring but it is a little stronger. I would wait for the write-up if I were you. It would be complicated to just build it based on my pictures. The write-up will be up tomorrow night or Saturday.

#187841 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 06 November 2008 - 03:17 PM in Homemades

Very nice work! I like it. I would love to make one for myself some day.

Well then make it. It took me 2 hours of medium effort to make it. It is one of the simplest most effective homemades you will find right now. Definitely a good starting point.

#187840 The Cheapatizer

Posted by Foam Shooter on 06 November 2008 - 03:15 PM in Homemades

Nerfboi: The PC is 6" long, the barrel/plunger is up to you. Mine is about 8 1/2" of 19/32" with 5" of 9/16" brass. My project will involve one of my previous ones but no pictures yet, I have barely started making it.

Crazy Ivan: It's name is the Cheapatizer.

#187733 Paper Airplanes?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 05 November 2008 - 09:32 PM in Off Topic

My friend and I used to be obsessed with paper airplanes and we found this website. It has a lot of good designs and excellent directions also.

#187731 Favorite Rock/metal/alternative Song

Posted by Foam Shooter on 05 November 2008 - 09:27 PM in Off Topic

I like Jimi Hendrix's songs.
Purple Haze mostly though.

#187726 Switch Shot Ex-3

Posted by Foam Shooter on 05 November 2008 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Can it fire like that or does it have to be in the gun? Nice mod by the way.

#187707 The Cheapatizer

Posted by Foam Shooter on 05 November 2008 - 07:58 PM in Homemades

rork: To start thanks. Now to prime it is very easy if you do it the way I have been doing it. I do it by holding the gun upside down in my hand and pushing forward on the barrel. It's kind of confusing, I'll get a video tomorrow.

#187665 The Cheapatizer

Posted by Foam Shooter on 05 November 2008 - 04:36 PM in Homemades

MercenaryXero: 3 1/4".

nerfboi: Wait till you see what I'm working on now.

BustaNinja: I expect to see those soon. I'm curious if they are close to the original design.

Galaxy: It works just like the Minimizer with the reverse plunger pull, it's just more simplified. I'll have a parts list and such when I have more free time.

zadjii: 1. 57', 55' 2", 50' 4", 49" 11". Not bad for such a small gun. I'll try a new spring in it later.

2. As the topic name suggests it is called The Cheapatizer. This is because it is a more cost effective easier to machine gun. (By cost effective I mean tool wise.)

fadinglight4: It is very easy to build, it took me two night of light work. Again I'll have a parts list as soon as I have time and a short write-up this weekend. It will be similar to Bolt loser's write-ups with a picture and description of each piece.

Any suggestions for a non realistic paint job.

#187590 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Foam Shooter on 04 November 2008 - 09:50 PM in Homemades

My DCHAP-1:
Posted Image
Very pleased with it.
Edit: The barrel angle has been adjusted but the picture also exaggerates it.

#187588 The Cheapatizer

Posted by Foam Shooter on 04 November 2008 - 09:48 PM in Homemades

This was a design that I have had on paper for a very long time. Nerfboi finally got me off of my ass to make it with his post in my SnapFinder topic. The gun may not exactly be cheaper in material ($15) but it is much easier to machine (no need for a lathe, don't need to heat up the PVC. It is a little longer in length because I didn't hide part of the trigger in the handle for an easier machining process. It is exactly 6". Without further adieu, The Cheapatizer:
Posted Image
The barrel/plunger:
Posted Image
And a close up of the barrel nested in the plunger.
Posted Image
I'm pleased with it but I may try to make a smaller one. No ranges yet, it is enough though.

#187519 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 04 November 2008 - 07:01 PM in Homemades

Just in case someone else can't find the O-rings the measurement of a #18 O-Ring is 1 3/16" O.D. x 15/16" I.D. x 1/8". Sorry for the late response I've been busy with two other projects. :)

#186692 Modding Clothes

Posted by Foam Shooter on 31 October 2008 - 02:16 PM in General Nerf

I usually wear whatever I have on but I feel that I have more success when I have my Patriots Pajama Pants on.

#186645 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 31 October 2008 - 06:13 AM in Homemades

I got my O-Rings at Lowes. I'll get specific measurements today after school if you cant find it.

#186532 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 30 October 2008 - 07:41 PM in Homemades

You could use a cut down +Bow spring. It would increase the power also.
As for the handyman I don't think that it is actually a handyman. Go to the hardware section with all of the handles and things in it and it is in a gray package with some orange on it. I would take a picture but I have thrown all of mine out. Just take a look, it's 4" long and comes with two per package.

#186479 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 30 October 2008 - 03:41 PM in Homemades

nerfboi: I hope you like it when you're done. It's a fairly easy build. Post any question you have along the way.

Carbon: The trigger catches fine. I mad my nail very short since the slope of the end cap is small. Sometimes it can get caught on the spring but that one in every twenty shots.

#186369 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 29 October 2008 - 09:12 PM in Homemades

O.K., I would first like to say I have decided to name this the SnapFinder. Now this is the write-up to build your own.

Materials:
Pipe:
1” Thinwall PVC
¾” PVC
¾” Thinwall PVC
½” PVC
9/16” Brass
Aluminum Tubing (McMaster Part #1658T49)(Could use CPVC)

Pipe Fittings:
½” PVC Coupler
½” PVC End Cap x2

Other:
Epoxy Putty
Clothespin
Angle Iron
3/8” Panhead Screws
Nail with large head
Handyman Spring x2

Tools:
Drill
Drill Bits: 7/64”, 1/8”, 5/8” Spade Bit
Miter Box and Saw; Miter Saw
Dremel

This is what you will be working toward:
Posted Image

To start I will break down each part.

The Plunger

Posted Image
Posted Image

The plunger is made up of a 7” piece of aluminum tube attached to a Snaplike plunger head.
Start by cutting the aluminum to 7”. Now cut about a ¼” off of a ½” end cap. Next drill a 5/8” hole in the end cap. Cut a piece of ½” PVC to about 2 ¾”. Attach an O-ring to it by following this.
Now widen the size of the ½” PVC by sanding it with a Dremel sanding drum. Next slide the aluminum into this. Drill two 7/64” holes into this and anchor it down with the 3/8” screws. Slide the end cap with the hole in it up to this and attach it to the PVC. Drill a 1/8” hole in the back of the aluminum for the key ring later. You can set this aside for now.

The Body

Posted Image

The body very simple to make. To start take a piece of 1” Thinwall PVC and cut it to 9 5/16”. Now take a ½” coupler and wrap it in electrical tape until it is tight in the PVC. Push this into the PVC until it is flush with the end and drill 4 holes into it from the sides. This is for the screws to hold it in. Now take a ½” end cap and drill a 5/8” hole it the back of it. Now do the same as you did with the ½” coupler but on the other side. Now take the end cap and cut a slot in the bottom:
Posted Image
This is where the screws for the handle will go. You can put this aside for now. Now drill a 1/8” hole for the clothespin trigger 5” from the front of the gun. Drill a 1/8” hole in the top and bottom of the clothespin. Glue the screw into here and then epoxy putty an angle iron to this. You are done with this for now.

The Handle

Posted Image

To make the handle take a ¾” PVC pipe and cut a 3 ½” segment off of it. Do the same with thinwall. Cut the thinwall in half length wise and glue it both pieces to the Schedule 40 piece. Wrap some electrical tape around this to reinforce it. Now cut the top to about 30 degrees. Put some epoxy putty in here and then sand it to the shape of 1 ¼” PVC. This is all you can do with this for now until assembly.

Posted Image

The Barrel

Posted Image
Posted Image

The barrel is just like an average PVC barrel. Cut a piece of ½” PVC to about 6 ½”. Now take a piece 9/16” brass and cut it to 6 ½”. Wrap the brass in electrical tape at the front and back so that it is snug in the PVC. Glue the brass into the PVC and set the piece aside for now.

Assembly

To start the assembly attach the handle to the body.
Posted Image

Now slide the plunger into the body.
Posted Image

Next put the front coupler in the body and screw it down. Now put the end cap in the back of the gun so that the slit that you cut in it is around the screw for the handle. Screw it down.
Posted Image

Add the key ring of your choice to the hole you drilled in the aluminum.
Posted Image

You have finished the gun. Make sure that you lube it up with silicone spray. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to post any of your questions.

#186071 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 October 2008 - 06:52 PM in Homemades

Posted Image
Tah-Dah! I like the unique feel of this in my hand. Just to compare it to my gun, it is much heavier and much more compact. It is a little harder to prime then mine. Mine seems to go a little faster and to be a little more comfortable but they are both very good homemades. I like the idea for this Rork.

#186053 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 October 2008 - 05:47 PM in Homemades

Oh, I thought you were talking about the one that I was building to replicate his.
It's all about preference. Mine is long and sleek and his is short and compact. I obviously also like mine better because I made it and I'm sure that this applies to Rork also. Also that comment should really be in my topic about my gun not in Rork's topic about his. I appreciate the compliment though.

#186029 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 28 October 2008 - 03:29 PM in Homemades

Personally I like Foam_Shooters better, it just looks alot cleaner.

It's mostly that the first time you make a new kind of homemade it is a lot of sloppy guess work. The second time you make it it is much easier and cleaner. I'm pretty much making it a second time because of the measurements that he has given me. I do appreciate the compliment though, thanks.

#185943 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 27 October 2008 - 08:58 PM in Homemades

Alright, here is todays work:
Posted Image

It's pretty nicely shaped. It has a unique feel. I still need to add a handle and work on the catch to get more compression. I like this design.

#185846 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 27 October 2008 - 03:23 PM in Homemades

Alright I'm working on my own right now. I would like to know how long you cut the spring to before I waste some time with measurements. Second, is the 6" the piece of CPVC or the whole thing including the plunger head.

Edit: Never mind I misread it. I have it straight now. I would still like to know the spring length though.

#185777 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Foam Shooter on 26 October 2008 - 09:34 PM in Homemades

My gun was obviously the inspiration for this. Just kidding. If you wouldn't mind I would like some measurements of the pipes and stuff so I can compare it to mine and possibly build my own. Great job.

#185690 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 26 October 2008 - 05:41 PM in Homemades

OK I have ranges. It was chilly outside and the darts were fired flat at about 5' from the ground. The darts used were a tight fit in 9/16" brass.

75'
73' 2"
71'
70' 2"
67' 7"

I'm pleased with the results. It's reliable and accurate. I was busy with other things today so I'm going to start the write-up tonight and I may possibly finish it but probably not.

#185685 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 26 October 2008 - 05:05 PM in Homemades

Just a suggestion nerfboi, but when you make your next one I would suggest making the handle out of 3/4" PVC. Your handle looks huge.

#185616 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 26 October 2008 - 10:21 AM in Homemades

JSB: Welrod is at the top of the list for names. I'll probably go with that unless I think of something else.

NerfBoi: I hope you do try it. I think I'll make a write-up today if I find enough time. I'll edit it in to my first post.

Bomberman: Don't make fun of my mad good drawing skills. Just kidding. I don't have a holster yet but a do have a couple of plans that I am going to go try now.

#185613 Quality Tools?

Posted by Foam Shooter on 26 October 2008 - 10:04 AM in General Nerf

I would buy them. Both of their prices added together is what the cheapest scroll saw at my Home Depot costs.

#185574 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 25 October 2008 - 10:28 PM in Homemades

JSB: I'm thinking more along the lines of a name for love and nurture... just kidding. I'm liking the name but it doesn't really fit this gun.

Echnalaid: I'm deciding whether or not a trigger guard is necessary for it. I'll try one tomorrow and see how I like it. Also it's not quite a Snap because it uses a #18 O-ring inside of 1" thinwall PVC. The only thing that this deprives from a snap is the trigger and catch mech. Every thing else is kind of GNSesque. I agree that the name does not fit.

#185554 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 25 October 2008 - 08:58 PM in Homemades

Rork: At the front of the gun is a 1/2" coupler and at the back is a 1/2" end cap. Right now I'm working on a holster. I'm thinking just a piece of 1 1/4" PVC made so that it can attach to a belt.

Llama Boy: Thanks a lot. It's definitely is rewarding to get compliments for hours of work.

Echnalaid: I think I'll go with that name to go along with Rork's SnapBow. After all it is what inspired me to build this. It is similar to a NiteFinder with a Handyman spring in it, difficult but manageable.

Splitlip: The cocking mech is a lot more comfortable than I had expected it to be. I'm pleased with it.

MercenaryXero: I'm using 1" thinwall PVC for the pressure chamber.

#185539 My First Self Designed Homemade

Posted by Foam Shooter on 25 October 2008 - 07:39 PM in Homemades

Yesterday I got home from school and decided that I wanted to make a pistol for integration on my SnapBow. It didn't happen. What did happen was a pistol that was to large for the SnapBow. I started with a design that was like a Snap but with a lot of variations. Here is the design:
Posted Image

I had to change the size to get a reasonable amount of compression from it but it still close to the original design. This is the gun:
Posted Image
Unprimed- 10"

Posted Image
Primed- 13.5"

The barrel I have on it is 9/16" brass nested in 1/2" PVC.

It can be held comfortably with one hand. No ranges yet since it is pitch black and raining out but I'll try to get some tomorrow. The darts are moving at about the same velocity as a Disk Shot pistol. The spring in it is from home depot. It is about equal to the +Bow spring but it is 4". I have one full one and one half one inside.

I'll answer any questions and I will possibly make a write-up. Also if anyone has a name for it post them.

#185262 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Foam Shooter on 24 October 2008 - 05:56 AM in Homemades

1. I'm using the +Bow Spring
2. A normal one

Definately use the e-tape teflon tape method.

I am liking the perfomance... a lot.