ShatteredDreams's Content

There have been 157 items by ShatteredDreams (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#272381 My 2010 Hiatus

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 16 April 2010 - 05:01 AM in Off Topic

TLDR Version: Yes, my stomach has a hole in it. Yes, I almost died. Yes, I am slowly getting better. No, I will not be Nerfing this Summer. No, I am not quitting Nerf. And finally no, you cannot have my blaster.

-Groove

Sooooooooo.... no white russian chugging contest prior to making little children cry during a rain of foam, and other such objects?

Damn, man, that's really terrible, while not as painful (at all), I just recently had a bout with Bells Palsy. These random rare diseases are, frankly, fucking annoying as hell-- you know.. not delightful at all!

Very happy you're doing well, because if you did indeed die, well, I'd probably have to get some golden coins and hit up Charon to get you back to this side of life.... and, well, that's a painnn! =P

Feel better soon, Groovey.

#272380 'geddon 'leven Date Set July 10, 2010

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 16 April 2010 - 04:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Bags - Supreme Dance Commander of Southern California Unified Nerf

Methinks you stole my title :D

I'll try and make it, as per usual!

#265011 Can You Attach A Firefly Clip To A Maverick

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 10 February 2010 - 09:40 PM in Modifications

Unless your Ryan MC#'s ,captain slug, split or angel it won't work. So NO

So then by your logic- if you, 'thedecimator', attempt any significant modifications, or, in fact, even think of a difficult modification, it will naturally fail.

Cool man, decimate more modifications, and don't fucking automatically trash a something as simple as an idea. All of the above were new at one point, and went through countless tries to become fantastic at modifications.

Kindly, fuck off.

#257795 Need A Volunteer For The Mod Directory

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 02 December 2009 - 06:09 AM in News

Alright, Black Sunshine is the guy. FA will PM you with details on how to put it all together.

I would love to bypass the volunteer aspect, and go directly for the bannage aspect.

As in-

I get drunk, see a 'newnerfdartsweetmodcheckoutmyawesomecrossbowzomgshootkidswithtacs' topic, and ban everyone posting in said topic.

Credentials?

I'm awesome.

#250231 Nerf Jerks

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 12 September 2009 - 03:02 PM in General Nerf

As I leave nerf behind for airsoft, i realize that a lot of the people (not all) here and many (not all) of the admins (especially Tailo) are complete jerks. I realize that I will be banned for this but frankley I dont care. For example, many of the admins are not helpful at all but rather are jerks about simple questions and errors. I guess that is what happens when you give people power. Anyway, so long nerf and nerfhaven.

Oh Big Dog.

You're so cute when your teenage angst kicks in.

If the haven helped you write an almost perfect paragraph, then, if anything, you need to thank everyone for helping you pass them good ol' grammar classes, and subsequently get into high school and college!

XOXO

#233227 Armageddon X

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 29 May 2009 - 02:39 AM in Nerf Wars

O the skipping. So we'll win right? I mean, just me and you will be the last ones standing.

O, and don't forget, shirtless-skipping. Its important to remember.
-
Can someone please alert Cx if possible? Toj I thought you still had his number, see what you can do. I don't anymore, nor do I remember how to get to his place. Ironically I know right where he works...

Hahaha seriously, right? Last ones erre time.

And for sure, either Jon or I will call him up within the next couple days, I'll let you know.

#227579 Armageddon X

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 01 May 2009 - 10:44 PM in Nerf Wars

are you guys serious?

For the eighth time now: NO

I regret causing such a huge storm of complaints. Maybe I will ignore it the next time someone tells me I'm not being mean enough.
I won't be posting in this thread again until after the war.

My comment wasn't directed at you at all, but rather the litany of all the bitching, moaning, and complaining.

#227558 Armageddon X

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 01 May 2009 - 09:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, seriously, I thought it was amusing last night when I had been drinking for awhile, but reading it now.. are you guys serious?

It's a fucking nerf war. You know- toy guns, girlish screaming, lot's of laughs at the accidental shit that happens. People have fun, or they don't, hang out with people they haven't seen since last 'geddon and enjoy themselves over a couple cold beers and some jam sessions afterwords.

How the fuck did this turn into a little piss-fest? Get over it, go fuck something, and enjoy the war. Jesus christ what the hell is up with half of these comments?

#227408 Armageddon X

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 30 April 2009 - 11:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I like this Armageddon shit talking, it's pretty cute.

There are so many new faces and not enough who I can remotely recognize, I just can't decide who's going to win!

My bet's for whichever team skips the most.

#222378 Byob

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 08 April 2009 - 02:22 PM in General Nerf

Here I thought this was a B.Y.O.B nerf war.

Don't play with my feelings like that.

#218828 Who Would Come To A Nerf War In Flordia

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 19 March 2009 - 07:11 PM in Nerf Wars

i might skedule a nerf war in flordia might might and wonder how many people would come on july 18 2009 iy would be a donation war for a no kill animal shelter 10 dollars to get in and you get a bag of taggers and a arsenal and longshot contest would happen too

this is just a idea dont go to it on till its a efficial war

all guns are accepted no banned guns need a primary secondary darts and eye protection

Poké master.

Animal shelter.

Typing at the same grade level where most people get into pokémon.

I get it now... YOU'RE ASH KETCHUM!!! AMIRITE???

Seriously though, if you're in Florida check this war out- I mean, hell, it sounds like a great way to have fun, help animals, and get community service through nerf.

Edit-
I'd also like to mention how much his reminds me of a commercial. Completely incomprehensible until the last line, which comes in with perfect clarity, kind of like a crystal bell.

#187434 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 04 November 2008 - 10:15 AM in General Nerf

Four, and two are broken.

There's honestly no reason to have more then five or six.

#175882 ?what!

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 08 September 2008 - 09:49 AM in General Nerf

AND you use the enter key too much, come on Toj.

Sorry it took me awhile to get back to you Hersh, I`m in Austria right now. =D

And that, my friend, was a rick roll, read the first word of every line!

#174669 ?what!

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 02 September 2008 - 11:36 PM in General Nerf

I posted my piece about disabilities so that you all could take it in and understand where I'm coming from. I didn't open the floor to violin players and "look-at-me's." Enough already. GMD is in INCREDIBLY thin ice. I'll be surprised if he lasts the rest of the week and that's only because with school starting tomorrow, I'm not sure how active I'll be on the boards for the first week.

He's just so excited to be posting on his first nerf board.. I mean, I'm sure he's
Never really been able to clearly articulate his ideas but you're
Gonna give him a fighting chance, right?
Let him try, and try again, after all, I've always been under the impression that
You learn from your mistakes- if he doesn't just tell him
Down the road, not across the street.
Baby! Believe you me, it's true.

Edits- my apostrophes turned into spaces.

#171704 Which Gun?

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 23 August 2008 - 12:56 AM in General Nerf

The BBB's are pretty nice- if you take out the AR and add a barrel you'll get decent ranges.

SHIT TYPO. HE MEANT GET A 750. WITH BRASS AND SHIT.

#171697 Which Gun?

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 23 August 2008 - 12:15 AM in General Nerf

GET A 750. WITH BRASS AND SHIT.

#161565 Midsummer Caff 2008 - Recap

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 05 July 2008 - 01:00 PM in Nerf Wars

BAWWWWW, I'm not as cool as Groove.

Fixed

Lies. Filthy, filthy lies.

Holy shit. I LOVE the 'geddon threads as it draws closer to the war. No one talks better shit than we east coasters.

Read the above, and Hersh come back to the better side, the left side.

#161534 Midsummer Caff 2008 - Recap

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 04 July 2008 - 08:49 PM in Nerf Wars

The Right Coast has a whole world of Nerf technology that's foreign and unfamiliar to you Left Coast Nerfers.

Like what... Megas?

Like my felt-tipped darts that shoot laser-straight and my modified guns and homemades that are not held together by hot glue, duct tape, and neon paint.

Precisely.

I picture this boiling down similarly to what happened to Ash (Bruce Campbell) in "Army of Darkness." Instead of dealing with crusty peasants, Slug'll be dealing with crusty hippies, respectively. Hippies with tie dye Max Shots and fluorescent Manta Rays.

Listen up you primitive screwheads. This...is my BOOMSTICK.

-Groove

It won't matter though, you're not coming, so no East Coast Aura +5.

West coast wins.

#155625 Midsummer Caff 2008 - Recap

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 12 May 2008 - 08:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Cxwq
Spoon
Steph
Hubbard
Toj
Jon
Shattered Dreams

Shattered Dreams and Toj? Yeahh, they're both me. But Jon and I will be there for sure, can't miss armageddon, that's the truth.

There is a good chance I'll be there. Like a 90% chance.

My only question is...what will my weapon set be?

Dual pistols with spares in the pocket or I'll cry, can't change tradition.

I'm bringing sexy back. I just thought you all should know.

That is all.

-Groove

Ten cent strip shows do not count Groovie =(. Really though, haha, call me up when you get down here.

I think I need to come

Sam if you don’t, I will never ever forgive you, harsh reality, I know. Haha, but seriously you have to come.

On another note, does anyone have a spare 750 that I can use to do one of my usual shabby mods that somehow turn into ‘destroyer of the world’ mods, pre-war? That would be greatly appreciated.

#139713 February Yano

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 12 February 2008 - 03:53 AM in Nerf Wars

That war sounds way legit, and it's making me itch for 'geddon '08, tell Hubbard if he doesn't make it down to 'geddon, we're getting a divorce.

#130100 Chronicles 2007

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 18 November 2007 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

Dude, Groovie.... what the hell did you tape me doing in the 1m20s time frame???

#127902 November And December Yano's

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 29 October 2007 - 03:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Hubbard? The one that's been gone for like 2 years and flew the S.S. Hubbard into all of the wars? If so- sweet, I miss him.

"Bags wrote stuff here"

-Bags

Where's my armageddon video??

On topic- I'll try for the Turkey war if I'm in the area.

#124882 Armageddon 2001 Video

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 03 October 2007 - 03:05 AM in General Nerf

I was recently going through my random files and chanced upon this little gem -- figured I'd post it. Good times.
-Enjoy the old-school magic:

Haha, now those were the good nerfing days, I miss Irvine, and it's nice to actually recognize people... Zack, I haven't nerfed with you in forever, get your ass back to a nerf war sometime.

Is the kid at 2:50 filming a Nerfer or just a passerby?

Pretty sure that's Hal.

#122282 Halloween

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 06 September 2007 - 10:01 PM in Off Topic

Couple of years back. Super Mother Fucking Mario!

Fucking terrifying....

I'm going as you Hersh, 'cause you're so damn sexe. Now come back to the west coast!

#119254 Armageddon 2007 Recap

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 12 August 2007 - 12:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Wait...were you the guy running around with no shirt the whole time? Or were there other people drinking, too?

-Joe

Bah, Josh and I always pull the no shirts, but yes, that was me.

And the other was Jon, I was kinda' dissappointed though, he was mad staggering. I just got queasy. Weak, eh? But whatever, I played exactly how I wanted to play.

... You didn't catch the "Group Hug of Doom. Mutherfuckers!" it's not a loving caring group hug... it's a Vicious smothering group hug of DEATH...

So both what Falcon originally Wrote, and your "Fix" were essentially saying the same thing...

Better?

-Bags

Bags-- you make me so happy, I swear. Not going to lie, I read the first and most of the second page, but after that when it was just people chatting, I skimmed through it really fast.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone have an ETA for the footage?

#119220 Armageddon 2007 Recap

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 12 August 2007 - 02:13 AM in Nerf Wars

So Cal = Group Hugs.

This worries me.

So Cal = We'll fucking kill you.

Fix't

Anyways, the war was really fun, and it was great to see everyone again, and meet some new faces. Definately a lot of firsts had at this nerf war, which was rather entertaining.

It makes me sad that people honestly got mad at eachother during a nerf war, but eh, I guess I was pretty pissed from time to time too. L2counthitsplz. It also could have been the rum, who knows?

I've been meaning to do a nice little bullet set of highlights, but I keep getting distracted.

I'll get aroudn to it, my bagel just came out of the toaster, ciao.

#105014 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 11 May 2007 - 05:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't even have one, but the only ones I've been hit with hurt less than a Maxshot and/or Crossbow, that's all.

There used to be SM5Ks that could shoot in the low to mid 200's. Not sure if anybody has those SM5Ks anymore, but I was shot by one, and have been shot by the two guns you mentioned. The 5K hurt more, lemme' tell you I'm not quite sure though, how an air-powered gun shot softer then a spring powered? Maybe it wasn't just modded to the full extent.

Last year we had over 30 people I believe, but we didn't run multiple games simultaneously. Two team captains are chosen, teammates are chosen in an alternating fashion.

Yeah, if I remember correctly it was because of the Armageddon from the year before you attended. When we were at 46 people, something like that. 20+ people teans really just get unmanagable.

Aight, now the main reason of this, can someone throw Jon on the list? He told me he'd get off his lazy ass to attend the war. So, yeah, cool.

#101438 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 26 March 2007 - 02:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Right there with ya, boss.

I'm working on getting in contact with Spoon, but I'm having my doubts as to my success. Cxwq's always been good at connecting with him, but I have nothing in terms of contact information for Cxwq. Anyaseijin may have a phone number, as may a few others, but that's out of my hands.

I'll call him tomorrow.

Who is who? Valid question, no lie.

And Grooveeeyy, post-war dance party! Whoa.

#101331 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 23 March 2007 - 12:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Mantis - Shoot me an email or a message on AIM sometime - pokertriad@gmail.com, pokertriad

need to talk to you about transportation.

Edit:

The east coasters seem to have more interest that the west coasters at this point. We need a date. Let's get to planning this.

We west coast 'surfers and hippies' just take a while to get the ball a-rollin'.

So with that, this Effeminate war I will definately make. Whenever it happens to be.

Even if it's just to yell, THIS. IS. SPARTAAA!!! Soon to become the most overused phrase in history, but it will always share a warm place in my heart.

And now... this So-Cal surfer says it's time for Thirsty Thursday.

#100282 Clothes

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 23 February 2007 - 09:03 PM in Off Topic

I thought this thread was incredibly stupid for a guy thats been here since 03'... Like I have been here way less than that but I at least know the stupidity Limits for my threads..

Sad...Very Sad.

Like, wow, for some strange reason you actually think your opinion holds sway over me?

I'll stay on track forever now Mister Substance Abuse!

No, seriously though, it doesn't. What exactly is the point of that post? My thread had more of a point, dumbass. Honestly, all you look like right now is that guy that always gave his teacher an apple at school, what was that... a teacher's pet? Your post had no correlation to anything that was written throughout, it was just you trying to raise yourself over someone else, in this case specifically, me, and make yourself look better in the process.

Well, good job, instead you just look like an idiot.

By the way, that wasn't intended to make fun of the cool teacher's pets, or just the normal ones that are in that area of 'buisness' for the grades. This was meant for those certain brands of teacher's pets that everyone just can't help hating.

I apologize, Shattered Dreams. I was in an already pissed off mood and my day just kept on getting worse. On any other day it would have been most likely funny to me too. Again, I'm sorry I offended you, I was just in a super pissed mood.

Haha, no worries man, bad days can be a downer on anyone's mood. Hopefully you feel better now. Have a good time around here. I'd say watch what you post. But I really haven't, so I'd be a horrible model and a hypocrite if I said anything like that.

Back on topic I love being naked.

Good man! I'm rather partial to the nice cool breezes that one recieves on sweltering days, while in the nude. It's just so... refreshing.

#100224 Clothes

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 23 February 2007 - 03:36 AM in Off Topic

I'm not going to speak for Talio, as he is fine and dandy as he is, but I didn't find this topic amusing at all.

Then again, I'm an old fart who still thinks that Richard Pryor, Buddy Hackett, George Carlin, and Eddie Murphy are funny.

Oh, I wouldn't be too sure about that. We've had some winners, and we've had some weiners for topic makers.

I think you would know by now what kind of content cx and VACC wants and doesn't want on their forum board. We do our best to keep the content somewhat relevant in nature, even off-topic crap.

It's because of your experience, and your relationship with cx, that I have to be in agreement with you there.

But you have to realize that the newer members who don't see a new post every 3-4 hours by someone like you is going to assume that it's someone without much experience on the forum boards, which is a completely different animal from someone who is an experienced NERFER, and part-time forum user.

We have a lot of forum junkies here. But not as much as at NHQ. They keep them happy there. We beat them down every now and then here.

Ya know, maybe a lot of the moderation staff of NH is growing up way too fast to have a sense of humor around here. Then again, maybe a lot of us have busy lives, and while we try to uphold the standards of your friend cxwq's forum boards, it can and does get a trifle irritating when we see one too many "off topic liberty" posts and threads.

Maybe you should give cx a call to tell him his moderators are way too stuffy and need to get a life.

Maybe he'll fire us and round up a fresh new staff.

Then again, maybe he'll just figure to save himself a couple hundred a year by keeping this site up, and shut the whole thing down. Then everyone can celebrate forum liberty at NHQ.

Please share something productive in your next forum post. Please.

Just my two admin cents.

-Piney-

See, I don't think I've ever really spoken to you before Pineapple, but I'm not gonna' lie, you are indeed one of my favorite admins. I'm both sorry and not sorry that people didn't find this funny. Some did, some didn't, kinda' how this world works I suppose.

I suppose I do remember what CX likes on the forum, but I also remember => http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=8&hl= <= that topic, which probablly made my life at the time. In this case the ball didn't really get rollin'. Looks more like it went off of a pretty big cliff.

I'm not gonna' lie, I mainly use these forums to find when the next war is and see if I could possibly attend. Hopefully those people that are more forum then war-er (if that's an actual word) will slip out and go nerf with a friend or two, that'd be sweet. Also I've never really paid attention to NHQ or the 'war between the forums,' so I'm just gonna' have to take you at your word that those from NHQ are more prone to... pointless posts, if you will?

I really don't think that the moderation staff is growing up way to fast for a sense of humor, etc, etc, and yes I do see your sarcasm. The admins are, to qoute, 'Fine and dandy', and then some. You can ask anyone from around here, I generally just fuck around. There's really nothing other than that, I'm made for laughs, if I break the rules. Eh. I feel bad, kinda', but as long as it brightens a few people's dreary lives, I feel I've done my part.

Needless to say, I really don't think we need new moderators, or administrators.

And NHQ, once again, I'll take your word for it. Unfortunately, I really don't know who the hell's over there, so I'm gonna' have to pass that slight area of liberty.

And just for you, I'll keep my.. off-off topic posts out in some other random area. Perhaps, I'll mention them in the middle of a serious conversation in my World Religions class, we'll see how it flies. Cross my heart, I'll pull the old move of posting in war topics only. XOXO.

#100181 Clothes

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 22 February 2007 - 03:29 AM in Off Topic

What the fuck is your problem? Stop posting this retarded shit.

Okay, honestly, it was really just a joke, it's for fun, you know, off topic, it does that.

Amen Talio. What the hell is the point of this topic? Seriously, the Admins will probably ban you if you keep on making pointless posts that are just plain retarded. And, No Clothes+Cop=Bad Situation. My only words.

Uhm, nube, brown-nosing? What the hell is the point of this topic? There is none, it's fucking in off topic. As in, it can be about whatever. And one post in ohhh, 2 months? One pointless post in, 130? Whatever the fuck I'm at. I honestly don't care. Learn some fucking humor, and get off the forums to nerf, I'm sorry if I came here with something that I found to be slightly humorous, and you got your panties and a bunch and cried to mommy.

Also, kid, just to point out a point (though it is way off of even this topic) I've been to more wars then you even have as posts, so, seriously, shut the fuck up.

[qoute]I sometimes want to be naked but others might not want that so I keep my clothes on
[/qoute]

I really want to say something really childish like "thanks for keeping on topic, I'm glad someone can have some fun."

But I won't, so instead I'll say, something along the lines of... "Don't worry about others, we're meant to be naked."

To bad that's a little psychological.

And retarded shit? Now that I think about it, wasn't there a no pants revolution that you, Talio, in fact posted in in this forums beginning? I could be wrong, but I do know the topic exists.

This forum may be for nerf, but it's also a place for people to get together and have fun. As much as I love seeing how straight everyone is on the nerf only topics, I'm pretty sure it's fine and dandy to have some other things once and a while.

I really kind of find it funny that this topic is found 'horrible and fucking retarded' when questions for video game topics like LnLKings (no offense to LnL intended, just an example), can be easily solved via any kind of search for a game forum on google. Of course, that one doesn't get jumped on at all, a funny one does. Yeah. Gotcha. Cool.

#100147 Clothes

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 21 February 2007 - 03:33 AM in Off Topic

I am really developing a hatred for these horrible things named clothes.

No, seriously though, they're just so damned irritating! Especially in this god forsaken desert heat, that just sucks out your bodies moisture through your pores. Don't you just want to liberate yourself? You know, tear off them clothes in some kind of weird and wild dance routine?

Or what about those situations when you REALLY need to take off your clothes? Your girl/guy/animal of choice is all antsy, BUT WAIT! FUCK! Not only is your zipper stuck, but you're belt won't come undone, AND you're shoes somehow got tied to your legs. Finally you get your shit off and hey, they're sawin' some logs.

Hey, take a bathroom break. Oops, you know that you might have just zipped yourself up? Shit happens, you know? Good luck dealing explaining this situation to Mom and Dad.

So, in all honesty, the question stands, clothes: Yes, or NO.

Edit:

Apparently you can't edit poll choices?

Never the less, the last choice should be "Real men only wear their own body hair."

#96592 Winter Caff 2006

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 15 December 2006 - 03:43 AM in Nerf Wars

I could be down for the 30th, we'll see how things fly.

#88881 Yano October/november

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 03 September 2006 - 12:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll try to come out?

Unfortunately I just started college, and because of my choices (Music Major, Creative writing major, philosophy minor), I'm not sure if I'll have time, 10 classes is a lot, haha. I'll try to make it though, that'd be way fun.

#87297 Armageddon Recap Thread

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 13 August 2006 - 03:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Some nice pics there, Cole.

As for this being a purposeful post:

Cxwq, could you PM me an email address to which I could send you the now completed Armageddon video? That'd be great. Turns out there was more than enough footage to put together a full video (albeit a somewhat shorter one than from previous years; came out to ~7 mins). If there's another way you'd like to get ahold of it that's fine, but I figured just emailing it in a zipped file to you would be simplest.

Thanks!

I'm actually really excited for this video (props to you Falcon), and whatever pictures may come up (props to Cole and Kuhls). Seven minutes is actually a lot also, I think most of the other Armegeddon videos were under six? Could be wrong though, thanks again for the video.

#85193 Armageddon Recap Thread

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 17 July 2006 - 12:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Jon, we all met for the war at 10:00. We left Sellers at about 10:25. If you were at the original location that early, then there wouldn't have been anyone to leave a map or something behind. My housefull of people was about 1/2 awake at 8:30. If that's a typo, understood.

Actually, We were at the original location. From 8h30 to 10h30. We didn't see anyone there, and when we talked to the construction workers and they said they hadn't seen any nerfers. And yes, it was Sellers. And there should have been someone leaving a note or something when you guys left, people always show up late, if the war is moved, they should know. As for us? You guys must have been hiding in the trenches or something, because we were in the parking lot the whole time.

#85125 Armageddon Recap Thread

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 16 July 2006 - 01:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Reserved recap space for when I wake up bitchessss.

<3 to all my easties.

Woken up, so here it goes.

The war was lots of fun, I really enjoyed it.

My two BNOTD (Best Nerfer (s) of the day) are going to have to be James/Cole, and Bags.

James is a first timer that I met in the morning, and traveled with throughout the first half of the war. Other then just being a cool guy (and driving 800 miles from New Mexico to come here), he took everything well, understood the rules, and did really well for a first timer. He gets major props from me.

Bags was awesome for offering me some of his best guns, and trying to show me how they worked, even though he had never seen me before. Besides that, he was a good nerfer and a chill character, that I was happy to play with.

Of course, I loved most everyone else with a passion, these were two that stood out.

I'd also like to say, pleasepleaseplease, never say you grew up hearing about the legends and their amazing tales of nerfing. To grow up hearing about them, you'd only be eight years old, or less (no offense Falcon, just had to say it).

Directed to almost everyone on these boards: Besides, this whole idol/gun worshipping is getting way out of hand, with comments like "omg (insert online alias here) talked to me, jizzjizzjizz omgomgogmog," it's ridic'. Not even kidding, serious (<3 hersh).

Highlights?

- Radio shack saving my life
- East coast aura +5. It's always down here with the easties, and it infects who's ever next to them.
- Except for Groove's foot, which is a dart attractor
- The general attitude
- The dance party in the middle of a war
- Josh saving my life with his cold gatorade
- Skipping and frolicking
- Having Daniel on my team so I didn't have to shoot him, haha.
- Another year of meandering around the field and not getting hit
- Kicking ass after not playing since last 'geddon
- Seeing Mr. Sam Skinner after all these years of him disappearing
- Seeing Ray again after all this time, glad you're okay buddy
- HOW THE FUCK DO YOU COUNT TO TWENTY IN SPANISH!?!?
- Coming up really fast after drinking to much water "What? Uh.. I think I just vomitted in my mouth a little."
- Jumping over the rails with my but hanging out, and mooning many people
- Scaring Spoon
- The after party
- Yummy chili dogs, and the ice slug running down my otter pop
- Kevin putting up with my antics, as usual, haha
- Grooves amazing video
- Daniel = YOU!
- Almost jamming with Josh, sorry, was too tired to tell you the chords buddy, haha.
- Karma Sutra practice on the big chair
- The amazing conversations with Josh, YOU, and Hersh at the after party, Godzilla for president anyone?
- Getting mini-Kevin to tape Groove's leg hair off, haha
- Finding my key in Tyler's boxers, oops? (Glad you loved my skipping, haha)
- Tasting cool, salty, moist air as I drove into my coastal home
- The drug trip I had while I was driving (no drugs though, it was just like one), having all the lights of cars combine to gether into a swirling vortex of light, and then having my vision black out, floating signs, and seeing weird fucking animals in the shadows of peoples cars.
- Making the 2 hour trip home in 1h10, even with 2 accidents on the way (not mine)

- Seeing a shitload of new faces
- Seeing some of the old crew
- Seeing my favorite eastie, and meeting two new ones

Non-Highlights?

- The hardcore 6 hour pre drive for the war
- Having people NOT COUNTING THERE FUCKING HITS pretty much infuriated me. But not really, I was having a blast shooting those people even more, if they want more welts, by all means, continue to not count hits
- Recognizing maybe 1/8 of the people at the war
- Not having hair
- The heat
- The DRY heat
- Having the heat melt part of my 750, so that it leaks now.

Next war, my hair will be back in it's golden locks of goodness, cross my heart, hope to die, no lie.

More to add as I feel like it

#85124 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 16 July 2006 - 01:50 AM in Nerf Wars

I HATE FALCON WTFFTW!?!?!?!?!?

We're going to kill you.

<3

Anybody care to explain THAT one..?

Actually yes, yes I would love too.

That happened to be at Radio Shack, the only place where we could get internet access. This will make more sense later.

After driving 100 miles to get to your place, your school was unfortunately under construction, and we were really early, after waiting for an hour no one showed up except James and his mom.

We proceeded to go to EVERY SINGLE SCHOOL IN FUCKING GLENDORA BECAUSE NO ONE LEFT A SIGN THAT SAID WHERE THE NERF WAR WAS. Of course, we happened to miss the one school, the one where the war was happening.

Then we went to in n out (the one on the otherside of town by the way), to wait for you all, because I remembered a comment about eating lunch at in n out. So of course we waited for around an hour.

Eventually, we all got sick of it and started to drive, when I hade the idea to go to radio shack, and check my PM to see if Kevin had sent me his number for the after party.

Fortunately, in a second "after thought" PM he did.

<3 Kevin.

Then we went to the war, but at the time, I was pretty peeved about exploring the entire giant city of Glendora. Other than that, s'all good brah'.

#85093 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by ShatteredDreams on 15 July 2006 - 02:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I HATE FALCON WTFFTW!?!?!?!?!?

We're going to kill you.

<3