Renegade's Content

There have been 408 items by Renegade (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#299658 Illinois Foam Fest Six

Posted by Renegade on 10 June 2011 - 12:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Any further updates on this thing? Like how many people are planning to go? I'm considering coming up with a friend.

#273430 Jsno - Jersey Shore Nerf Out

Posted by Renegade on 26 April 2010 - 05:11 PM in Nerf Wars

JSNO: Fist Pumpin Like Champs

#259718 Heavyweight Mod

Posted by Renegade on 24 December 2009 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Wow, okay...let me be the first to say this surprisingly. Why the fuck would you make your gun heavier? That's the opposite of the right thing to do.

Well, in my absence from nerf I airsofted frequently(and also have been hitting the gym extremely hard). Upon going through my nerf guns I was stunned at how much the crossbow didn't weigh. And even now the gun still weighs a mere three pounds.

I prefer the gun the way it is now, and I even have two other crossbows that do not have clay in them. To me the gun just feels right. But maybe all this is just stemming from my airsoft side wanting a more "gun like" feel.

Holy shit dude, I haven't seen you around here in months. Merry Christmas.

yeah man it's good to be back. Although, I miss the old NH. I'll get on AIM sometime and we can chat.

#259697 Heavyweight Mod

Posted by Renegade on 24 December 2009 - 01:59 AM in Modifications

I dunno man. Wait until a hot summers day. Clay melts like candle wax and smells fucking disgusting.

I don't know where you live, but the clay melts at 65 degrees celsius.

A bit weird, but whatever works for you. I would think the clay would shift a bit during long periods of being in one position since it doesn't harden, which might screw up your internals.

The clay is very firm despite being 'non-hardening". And with the way the X-bow is designed, no sections of clay are near the key internal components. each clay area is sectioned off by plastic.

Well, I understand your choice in clay for possible removal... but I really think there are other options.

I'd keep the foam and use those pinewood derby weights for sandwiching between layers of foam.

Well with clay, instead of foam, the rifle is actually solid. There is no give when the gun is squeezed together, unlike with foam. However, if I was captainslug I would simply inject plastic to make the gun completely solid.

#259685 Heavyweight Mod

Posted by Renegade on 23 December 2009 - 11:33 PM in Modifications

Nice job, bro. It seems like a bitch to get out, but I'll definitely try this on my LnL. It seems to me that with the solid body of the clay resting behind the plastic directly, it may reduce the likelihood of stress-fractures, maybe.

The clay is very weird. It's almost not sticky at all and, though I haven't tried, shouldn't be too hard to remove if needed.

#259682 Heavyweight Mod

Posted by Renegade on 23 December 2009 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

This mod will ad substantial weight to your gun and also eliminate any echoes or creaking sounds your guns make. The following write-up is for a crossbow, but it can be applied to any gun.

First and foremost, fuck putting foam in your gun. I fell for it when I first saw it in a write-up too, don't be discouraged. Even when you step up your game and use expanding foam and make it all nice and neat there are almost no benefits.

Step One: Get that foam out of your gun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step Two: Acquire some NON HARDENING modeling clay.

Posted Image

Step Three: Put the clay into every non essential nook and cranny of your gun. It is best to smush it down as much as you can with your thumbs in order to ensure no air pockets and that you have a solid rifle.

Posted Image

I find it easiest to work with when you cut the clay into sections and work a single piece into the gun at a time.

Posted Image

This is what my rifle looked like when finished.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I left space at the last two holes so that zip ties could be placed there due to the lack of screws near the top of a modded crossbow.

Step Four: Repeat to other shell.

Posted Image

And there you have it. This mod added over 2 and a half pounds of weight to my crossbow( 2 and 1/2 packages of clay). The gun feels amazing. Just a rock solid feel.

#258999 Jspb Dyne V6

Posted by Renegade on 14 December 2009 - 07:36 PM in Homemades

Wow it's good to have you back man. Glad to know you're still nerfing. Awesome job as per usual.

#238318 This Picture Deserves Its Own Thread.

Posted by Renegade on 24 June 2009 - 01:21 AM in Off Topic

Posted Image

#236644 Chicago Showdown: Now Recapping

Posted by Renegade on 15 June 2009 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

There is a possibility of me showing up and bringing a friend or two. If there is at least 10 people coming.

And only if we do some pistol only rounds.

#224263 Replacement Crossbow Springs

Posted by Renegade on 18 April 2009 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

I've heard the Arrowstorm spring is monstrous.

Posted Image

#221514 Nerf Popular Mechanics Article

Posted by Renegade on 04 April 2009 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

Can a stock PC really shoot a dart that far? Or a LnL for that matter?

EDIT: They probably meant angled, but still.

Definitely can using red darts. Red darts are godlike. It's a shame you newer members will never know the power.

#197723 Nerf Wars In The Midwest

Posted by Renegade on 21 December 2008 - 12:28 PM in Nerf Wars

It's really not that hard to understand. No one here nerfs. You will have to drive to get to a war.

I've tried hosting wars here in Iowa for 4 years now but there's never anyone who wants to come, or is close enough to come.

Fuck the coasts.

#195920 Bellville Il Nerf War

Posted by Renegade on 13 December 2008 - 05:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and my 1337 sn¡per team will be there. lol

But seriously how far is Bellview from Iowa? Like the very east part of Iowa.

#187648 The Lglf - We're Back

Posted by Renegade on 05 November 2008 - 11:54 AM in General Nerf

Win.

Is the old site still up anymore? Can't remember the url.

#186295 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by Renegade on 29 October 2008 - 05:59 PM in Modifications

Warthogs

Posted Image

#185954 Trifinder

Posted by Renegade on 27 October 2008 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

This is an awesome mod. Really.

#184779 Nerf In Space

Posted by Renegade on 21 October 2008 - 07:14 PM in Off Topic

Well considering the Orbiter's Arena is in space, and that I have nerfed there myself with my team. Yes, you can nerf in space.

#168979 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Renegade on 14 August 2008 - 02:03 AM in Modifications

Crossbow Pr0n.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#160682 Nifty Secret Shot Mod

Posted by Renegade on 27 June 2008 - 03:51 PM in Modifications

I know, we could have VACC and OMC show up at their house and give them a pop quiz. if they pass, they get approved for membership. If they fail, Forsaken Angel shows up with all his guns and proceeds to chase them out of the country with flying foam!

Fail. All of you.

#160681 Megaman Nt Warrior Megabuster

Posted by Renegade on 27 June 2008 - 03:46 PM in General Nerf

Even if it didn't work, it would be an awesome shell. You could easily put a Nitefinder in there.

No.

But the gun is pretty terrible. Mine's modded with some CPVC and can shoot a stefan maybe 25' on a good day. The overall gun is very small, and won't fit many people's hands. The "plunger" pull back is 2-3inches. the only redeeming qualities are that it's a fucking megaman blaster, and you can use it as a shield. I would not buy this for any other reason than nostalgia.

#160035 Warthog Problems

Posted by Renegade on 22 June 2008 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

Be sure to band the gun. Mine are all very bad without bands, sometimes not shooting both darts even. be careful about the piece that actually pulls the spring back on the gun though. It's broken on one of mine after an hour or two of nerfing. I'd goop behind it where it won't interfere with the normal operation of the gun.

Generally, the Warthog won't be very good with stefans. My Mod gave me amazing results with tagger darts which is what I wanted. The Warthog's barrels are very long inside of the gun (3 or so inches) which means you will need longer/thicker darts.

Using small 1 1/2'' stefans the range of each dart was 30' on a good day while taggers easily achieved twice that. Using overly thick stefans ramrodded down the barrel the results were only a few feet less than stock darts. You may also want to consider adding some weight to your stefans.

On a side note, a fun thing to do is use a bunch of small thick stefans in each barrel to keep as a last-resort "shotgun" pistol.

#160032 Closed

Posted by Renegade on 22 June 2008 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Living in Davenport there's a small chance I may come and bring a few guys. And any weekend is probably fine with me.

#154783 Turok 2, Anyone Played It?

Posted by Renegade on 05 May 2008 - 07:38 PM in Off Topic

I owned all 12 turok games on the market before the latest one. I LOVE turok 3 though. For the N64 it was amazing. Haven't had a chance to play through turok 2 yet. Almost done with one, and halfway into the Rage Wars tournament.

The multiplayer is pure insanity when playing with friends. I mean, bows, cerebral bores, and miniguns.

#154308 Nib Guns

Posted by Renegade on 02 May 2008 - 06:56 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

nib ammo plz?

#152216 Farmageddon 2008

Posted by Renegade on 20 April 2008 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

Alright, It's time to start planning for FARMageddon.

What? Farmageddon

Where? Davenport or Bettendorf, Iowa

When? June/First week of July?

Why? To have fun nerfing

As for what to bring and what not to bring, I'm gona have to quote cx.

Bring:

* Nerf guns!
* Lots of darts
* Water
* Sunscreen
* Eye protection
* Good attitude
* Friends

Don't Bring:

* Homemades
* Dangerous darts
* Incindiary devices
* Cheaters

I've got one location in mind already. It's a park inside of the city. Has playground, lots of trees, restrooms, and tables. I'll also be able to "reserve" the location so we don't have to worry about other people being there. I'll keep looking for other locations too and post pictures.

If anyone has any further questions, regarding hotels, or the like in the area feel free to pm/aim me. There's a Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, Toys R us, and other stores if you need to make last minute preperations for the war.

As for rules/war games I'm not sure. Haven't nerfed in way too long and have never attended large scale events. I'm thinkng Team Deathmatch with a set number of lives, maybe a few pistol rounds, and some capture the flag. Post any other ideas too.

So post which dates are good, whether you can come, and the like.

#147081 Nite Mav Questions

Posted by Renegade on 26 March 2008 - 10:57 AM in Modifications

It's the same diameter as the plunger tube, fits into place, and can easily keep the spring in place when gooped/epoxyed. Keep it simple.

#144141 Illinois War

Posted by Renegade on 06 March 2008 - 06:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I may come, since I'll have my license/a car by then.

But I will have farmageddon his year! Expect insanity. If people show up. Gona start a thread very soon about it.

#135826 Nerf Hornet Revamp

Posted by Renegade on 13 January 2008 - 12:57 PM in General Nerf

Sorry guys, but it's motherfutchin purple.

I love it when nerf re-releases guns only in Iowa though. N-strike Crossbows rock.

#135770 Nerf Hornet Revamp

Posted by Renegade on 12 January 2008 - 11:26 PM in General Nerf

At my local Toys R Us today and spotted the coolest nerf gun EVAR.

Behold.

Posted Image

A motherfutchin purple hornet.

Hand me a cigarette.

Edit/ $19.95 yo /Edit

#134097 Is Nh Losing It?

Posted by Renegade on 28 December 2007 - 12:26 AM in Off Topic

All of NH's problems would be solved if we brought back the blue layout. Instantly.

The absolutely insane amount of members joining ion the last year or so is responsible for a large part of it. It just seems that nh has gone down so much since the "good ol days" where people contributed, and actually discussed topics(note semi-auto 2k thread). Seems like all of the "good" members have gone and none have come to replace them. I do my best to contribute to NH. I mean I used to live for posting a new mod and waiting for people responses. Reason why I haven't posted my mods here anymore is that it feels like there's no point.

In all seriousness, I need to nerf. Bad. Someone please come to Iowa.

No more NH is a hellhole threads though. Either go nerf or contribute to the other forums(not off topic plz).

#133843 My Other Hobby

Posted by Renegade on 26 December 2007 - 02:23 AM in Off Topic

Yay more airsoft threads. Nh is becoming the suck.

Yay someone trolling trying to raise there post count in the "OFF TOPIC" thread. Keep on trolling bud someday your post count will be high enough to impress all the ladies.

Posted Image

I have no need to raise my post count, I'm member number 902.

#133828 My Other Hobby

Posted by Renegade on 25 December 2007 - 11:43 PM in Off Topic

Yay more airsoft threads. Nh is becoming the suck.

Been buying and selling most of my guns alot lately. Have a tm mp7 w/ 3 mags 2 batts right now. Broke my maruzen M870 a few months back. Need another.

#131936 New(ish) Nerf Package

Posted by Renegade on 10 December 2007 - 04:53 PM in General Nerf

Old.

#131165 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by Renegade on 01 December 2007 - 09:51 PM in Off Topic

Am I the only one who doesn't get all these $100+ gifts for Christmas? Seems like everyone wants/gets all these extravagant things. I guess that's why I work. But i'll put down some things I want anyway.

Paper for printing shipping labels

Menards gift card

TM detonics magazine

Can of green gas

#130979 To Mod Or Not To Mod.

Posted by Renegade on 29 November 2007 - 10:03 PM in Modifications

You will want the turret to be closer to the plunger, as in cutting the gun down, to get the maximum range. With the long barrel, to the turret, your ranges will be substantially less.

#130852 Secretivness Of Mods

Posted by Renegade on 28 November 2007 - 03:11 PM in General Nerf

I agree,
Ussually the people who keep the 'secret' mod dont have a life what so ever.

What the hell does that mean?

#130391 Nerf Grenades

Posted by Renegade on 22 November 2007 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

Who is Stephen Colbert?

*Smashes own head on desk into a pulp*

Good ol barricade busters. One of the few nerf "guns" I almost consider too good. I like my free ones more though. :P

#129698 Airtech Jet Squadron Mod

Posted by Renegade on 14 November 2007 - 03:57 PM in Modifications

There's a handle that clips onto the bottom, much like the new longshot front gun, with a trigger for firing semi auto. The top button is a blast button which launches all 4 planes.

The actual pump is the nose, but you must first pull back the gray "jet engine-ish" part in the back to fire. This acts the same way as the blastfire green slide.

The jet squadron is also the gun that fired the coolest darts ever.

#127449 Do You Think We Kind Of Have An Anarchy?

Posted by Renegade on 25 October 2007 - 09:19 PM in General Nerf

So I warn you now, never tell anyone at a war your usar name or you will be personally taken out ( If I knew who you were I would keep on shooting even if you were down

This was for you Angel

Stop posting.

#127446 Do You Think We Kind Of Have An Anarchy?

Posted by Renegade on 25 October 2007 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I agree with some of the things you said.

1) I strongly dislike the music he puts in his videos.
2) I don't like how people think his mods are ALL original. aka the "ABBB" which PissBacon did originally.
3) I disagree with the mods posting stuff like "hey look at these guns" and "my next mod will be amazing"

Overall, I respect Fa_24 as a fellow nerfer/modder and have no huge problem with him.