nerfboi's Content

There have been 680 items by nerfboi (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#248805 At2k Internals Integrated Into 1-1/2" Pvc

Posted by nerfboi on 27 August 2009 - 06:17 PM in Modifications

I'm not seeing any difference between the pictures you made in ms paint.

#248066 Circuit Question

Posted by nerfboi on 21 August 2009 - 11:53 PM in Modifications

Pretty sums it all up. You should look at your local Radio Shack. Thats the number one place to look for loose electronics and parts.

#248025 Berserker Mod

Posted by nerfboi on 21 August 2009 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

It should be 1/2 CPVC not Sch. 40 PVC

#247198 Barrel Spacer Templates

Posted by nerfboi on 15 August 2009 - 11:32 PM in Homemades

I'm pretty sure it was oodalumps with his RF20.

I'm pretty sure it was KBaker or what ever his name is.

#240280 Improving The R S C B

Posted by nerfboi on 05 July 2009 - 12:37 PM in Darts and Barrels

Wow, looks WAY more better. I'm just curious, but where did you buy the Wye? I goggled them and the only ones that came up were 1 1/2" ones.

#239622 Recon Ball Launcher Attachment

Posted by nerfboi on 01 July 2009 - 03:21 PM in Modifications

Wow. nice idea, and great job. It reminds me of a M203 grenade launcher on an M16. Again, great job!!

#237870 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by nerfboi on 21 June 2009 - 08:00 PM in Homemades

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
I used a lot of the quick connect couplers. It probably would have looked better if I used barbed connectors.
Also, if anyone has barbed TEEs and couplers for 1/8" ID tubing and would sell me some for cheap, that would be great. PM if you have any.

#237183 Longshot Cf Boltsled Reinforcement

Posted by nerfboi on 18 June 2009 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

Since this is up here again, where did you get the CF as little as that without buying such big pieces?

#236554 Better-than-commercial-quality Crossbow

Posted by nerfboi on 15 June 2009 - 08:16 PM in Homemades

So your asking use to give OUR opinion, but you won't even share yours?
To me, this seems POINTLESS, STUPID and RETARDED to make a "new" crossbow. We have a newer modular one called the + Bow. Mayby you should look at that.

#236026 At1k Mod.

Posted by nerfboi on 13 June 2009 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

So why is this in the Modifications forum instead of the Sales forum?

#235980 Intigration Trigger Wire Question.

Posted by nerfboi on 13 June 2009 - 12:40 PM in Modifications

Well, I've seen some pretty thin but thick wire at my local DeNault's hardware. I think it's like a brance of Ace Hardware. You should look for that.

#234083 Full Crossbow Modification

Posted by nerfboi on 02 June 2009 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

and if you ever talk to me like that again, I'm sure you won't be sticking around here too much longer.

I'm kind of curious as to how thats going to happen? you don't own the boards..... Last time I checked, only Admins and some Contrib. could do that.

On topic: Great job man. I LOVE the paint job. Great choice of colors. And nice job of getting off the old paint. How long did that take you? I'm guessing 3 hours total?

I'm not saying I have any power, but breaking the rules, and treading on a fine contributor like myself to this site isn't looked upon too fondly.

As far as sanding, 3 hours? hahahaha. Try 7 or 8. Takes a loooooong time to get it all.

I smell some arrogance in the air. If you a fine contributor as you say you are, how come you haven't submitted any to the contest? Cause from what I've seem, there are some pretty good ones there... Even better than some of yours.

On topic: Damn, I would have just stopped after an hour.

#234075 Full Crossbow Modification

Posted by nerfboi on 02 June 2009 - 11:06 PM in Modifications

and if you ever talk to me like that again, I'm sure you won't be sticking around here too much longer.

I'm kind of curious as to how thats going to happen? you don't own the boards..... Last time I checked, only Admins and some Contrib. could do that.

On topic: Great job man. I LOVE the paint job. Great choice of colors. And nice job of getting off the old paint. How long did that take you? I'm guessing 3 hours total?

#231341 The Rogue "sereph"

Posted by nerfboi on 19 May 2009 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

Just a question. Is the rail system wobbly with the titan on it? I did that with a SNAP(same way you did it but also added screws to it.) and I could easily fall off or knock it off.

#231230 A Short Story.

Posted by nerfboi on 19 May 2009 - 12:17 AM in General Nerf

Banned Guns:
ALL Titans
5ks
Doomsayers
Homemade Air guns
Guns with plugged pumps that were designed to shoot anything larger than a mega dart. (LBB/BBBB, Signal Launchers, etc.)
Any shield aside from a single, intact manta ray. (Hits on anything else must be taken.)

That"s from the Mag7 rules.
Your right on what you do. I can't disagree with that.

#231226 A Short Story.

Posted by nerfboi on 18 May 2009 - 11:50 PM in General Nerf

I have Suggestions as well

- Do paint it
- Do mod it.

Guys this is FA24 we are taking about with this gun here. You know if he's going to mod it and he's going to paint it that its going to be nothing short of Effeminate. As a stock gun this thing is a dream, once FA gets done with it I'm sure it will be something we will all be seeing in our nightmares.

I'm COMPLETELY against that statement. Answer me this if you would, if you found one of those for sale near you and you bought it, would you mod it? And if he really wanted to mod it, he could just use a SM5K for the same results and let it get banned again. Is that what you really want?

#230963 Welkinhawk

Posted by nerfboi on 17 May 2009 - 11:33 PM in Modifications

Nice job. Love it when people mod uncommon guns. Great job
Thats pretty cheap for a 3 set. I've seen those for for $15 a piece. But those are GREAT. I love them.

#229248 Longshot With Pas

Posted by nerfboi on 09 May 2009 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

Nice! reminds me of this:
Posted Image

#228661 Silencing Material.

Posted by nerfboi on 06 May 2009 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

You could use taht expanding foam in a can. It's kind of pricey but it should do the job.

#228428 Cpvc Pipes At Lowes

Posted by nerfboi on 05 May 2009 - 09:19 PM in Off Topic

CPVC it usually near the steel pipe and the insulators. It's also near the PEX tubing. but yeah since my local Lowes has the general plumbing isles near the electrical isle. So you might want to check it out again.

#226258 Arrowstorm

Posted by nerfboi on 26 April 2009 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

Sorry, but people have already CPVCed blasters with the name Arrowstorm.

With that out of the way, great write-up.

Off-topic: Anyone willing to sell an Arrowstorm PM me!

Did you do any write-ups? NO, so I wouldn't say anything.

On topic: Great job. It may be ugly, but hey, it gets the ojb done. That's all that should matter.

Off tpoic: anyone know if the Nerf Arrowstorm and the Air Zone version if their springs are the same?(They look beastly!)

#224494 Chubbs V. 2.0

Posted by nerfboi on 19 April 2009 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Wasn't it g-force the one who came up with the first chubbs?

#224344 Fbr Directory

Posted by nerfboi on 19 April 2009 - 11:39 AM in General Nerf

Here's another. it's from the same web site as yours, but I think it's just the MSDS of the stuff

#223507 Armageddon X

Posted by nerfboi on 13 April 2009 - 10:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't think that info was necessary. Put me as a maybe. I'm free so far. Nothing planned.

#223336 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by nerfboi on 13 April 2009 - 12:25 AM in Homemades

Here's some thing I jsut finished. I wasn't sure where to post it so I'll post it in both.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This was a perfect mate with CPVC with a lil' sanding on the CPVC part. And the slots were made with a drill and rotary tool. Also, Thanks CS for the plans and design!

#223335 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nerfboi on 13 April 2009 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

Here's some thing I jsut finished. I wasn't sure where to post it so I'll post it in both.
Posted Image
Posted Image
This was a perfect mate with CPVC with a lil' sanding on the CPVC part. And the slots were made with a drill and rotary tool.

#223006 Magstrike

Posted by nerfboi on 11 April 2009 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Can I ask, What's the point of this thread?

#221540 +pistol, By Splitlip

Posted by nerfboi on 04 April 2009 - 11:20 AM in Homemades

Why are people bagging on Split? I'm pretty sure he doesn't lie about the ranges about his +pistol. It's pretty much a plus bow without the stock. So wouldn't that mean it should AT LEAST get 130?

#221539 Help!

Posted by nerfboi on 04 April 2009 - 11:16 AM in Modifications

Word of advice: Just leave it stock and don't open it if you don't know what your doing.

#221330 +pistol, By Splitlip

Posted by nerfboi on 02 April 2009 - 08:16 PM in Homemades

Is the grip/handle from one of those cheap-o Wal*Mart paintball guns?

#221151 Airsofters Come Look

Posted by nerfboi on 01 April 2009 - 09:08 PM in Off Topic

What brand is the BAR-10?
Is this the L96 you want?
http://www.airsoftgi...roducts_id=2128

#220983 The Playstation Network Topic

Posted by nerfboi on 01 April 2009 - 12:12 AM in Off Topic

Man, what happened here? The 360 one seems to be very active. What happened to the PS3 one? Bump and any other event's taht are coming up?

#220969 Doomsayer Help

Posted by nerfboi on 31 March 2009 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

Maybe it's the seal or the way your barrels are glued/attached on.

#220563 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by nerfboi on 29 March 2009 - 08:01 PM in Homemades

Hey CS, where do you get your bungee cords from?

#220476 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by nerfboi on 29 March 2009 - 03:08 PM in Homemades

Your my idol! I love this. It looks sexy! Great job CS!!!

#220092 Nite Finder Case Mod Done Right!

Posted by nerfboi on 26 March 2009 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

Katachi, you have some gorgeous work, kudos. First time Bondo's had a real nerf application.

Hunter, I definitely wouldn't apply Bondo to only one side of the case, the weight issues would be horrific.

And permanently sealing the gun? Despite the fact that NFs are durable, they do need maintenance. Sometimes an o-ring will come off or be worn down enough that there is no seal between the plunger head and tube.

I think a nerf IRC channel is a great idea, just as I have each time in the past. I'm willing to give it another shot. Everyone should go to #nerfchat on irc.darkmyst.org

You know the last replay was over 5 years ago?

#219847 Ratchet Blast Re-barrel

Posted by nerfboi on 25 March 2009 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

Very nice! I don't see too much Ratchet Blast mods on here. Jsut a question, where did you get your barrel material?

#219737 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by nerfboi on 25 March 2009 - 12:27 AM in Off Topic

Fuck. I've determined that since you came to a NERF FORUM for help on a video conversion that you need something simple.

Just with programs. I don't know wahats out there these days. I tried many, but most of them suck. So I just need some suggestions. I'm pretty good with the hardware and some what familiar with OS.

#219678 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by nerfboi on 24 March 2009 - 06:15 PM in Off Topic

I'm guessing you're looking to convert to mp4's for an iPod? When I had an iPod, the best software I could find for conversion ( usually I converted from VOBs, but I assume it's good quality for all conversions ) was Videora.

Best recommendation in the thread.

The only other conversion you will need is SUPER codec. Which can convert anything to anything, but is a bit mind-bogglingly feature rich for daily use.

Oh man. I tried using this, and it was complicated. I couldn't understand it. I went to look on the web sites to figure out how to use it and the links all went to the same page. It made me mad.

EDIT: Also, couldn't I use PSPVideo9? Is that a good converter?

#219575 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by nerfboi on 23 March 2009 - 11:35 PM in Off Topic

I just downloaded it and it says "Class not registered" Do I have to register?