Tofu's Content

There have been 69 items by Tofu (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#139543 Nxt Shotgun

Posted by Tofu on 10 February 2008 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

You can also buy ERTL rapid fire shotguns at cabelas. I got a Cabelas retailer only 7 miles away! (Oly, WA)

O_O !!! This made me SOOO happy! I live about 20 minutes from a Cabela's as well(Dallas, TX) and I have been trying to find one of these awesome guns for a while.

Then your in luck. They sell those as well as the pump shotguns that FA managed to get 160 ft out of.

#139541 New Nerf Stuff In Canada.

Posted by Tofu on 10 February 2008 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

What? I've seen the titan being sold by itself at my target in San Antonio for $20.00 but it was the origional red color. I'll look for these the next time I go to Target a/o Toys-R-Us.

#137242 Halo 3 Montage

Posted by Tofu on 25 January 2008 - 08:36 PM in Off Topic

I used to play halo 2 way to much before I found nerf. I havent really played it much sence. I used to be QsK Tofu and then my account did something weird and now I'm trying to get it back. If you want to see the best halo playing you have ever seen then go to www.qskglobal.com and go to the videos section and find gunna final montage. IT IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST HALO PLAYING I HAVE EVER SEEN. After that you might want to look up best of gaming vids. They both really good. Gaming vids has sticks, gunnas is just the best peroid.

#136740 Scrollsaw Recommendations

Posted by Tofu on 21 January 2008 - 11:31 AM in General Nerf

Yay, here comes a scroll saw for me.

#136373 C.s.h.g.

Posted by Tofu on 18 January 2008 - 02:29 PM in Homemades

Ug, I get get your reasoning. I was looking forward to you completeing this, But if you can't use it in a war, thaen its like whats the point of having it?

#134748 Just A Warning About A Crap Gun.

Posted by Tofu on 02 January 2008 - 04:34 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I feel you. I got one of those. It sucked so bad we took the internals out of it and painted it. Oh and it was such a piece of crap that the trigger broke when I tried to fire it.

#134411 Very Useful Bbb Mod

Posted by Tofu on 30 December 2007 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

Is that new handyman spring the same handyman commenly used in a NF?

sorry for not contributing to the thread..

-Nerferz

Yep, and you can find that spring (Handyman 9713) at home depot if your wondering.

Dude your in some deep crap now your not supposed to post in topics a month old, let alone 5 months. Hope you don't get banned.

#134319 Nerf Recon Ar Removal

Posted by Tofu on 29 December 2007 - 05:59 PM in Modifications

Besides removing air restrictors, theres not much else to do. Someone metioned an angel breech, but that won't do to much without a more powerful spring, which would be very hard to find in the right size.

That would be me, but this is a pretty much useless gun to me because of the style and spring placement. An angel breech would work for me, but without a decent spring, this gun sucks.

Glad someone found out how to do it, I tried to use a dremel through the back...that wasn't to fun. Congrats, I probally wouldn't of thought aof using a screwdriver for this one.

#133919 Recon Internals! (scroll Down)

Posted by Tofu on 26 December 2007 - 11:04 PM in General Nerf

I just attempted to mod it. Do yourself a favor and spend an extra $10 for a longshot. This thing is so hard to get to do a decent mod on. the spring is on the outside, so the only thing I can think to replace it is a longshot spring, and that isn't very good anyway. The restrictor is a pain in the rear to get to. I destroyed it trying to get to it, so I ruined that recon. I bet you can do some stuff to it, but a longshot just has 10 times the modding capability.

#133768 What Did You Get For Christmas?

Posted by Tofu on 25 December 2007 - 09:55 AM in Off Topic

Title says it all.

A Recon
A ring with a cross on it(totally unexpected, loved it)
An Airtech 2000 (brand new in box, everyone had neglected it for a couple years at target)
An ACTS retreat necklace
Dremel bits(way to many of them)
2 first gen Nite Finders of ebay with a first gen maverick
A rock that says you are the light of my life(awsome, awsome)
And my 2 front teeth

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

#133767 Recon Close Up

Posted by Tofu on 25 December 2007 - 09:39 AM in General Nerf

I got my recon at 12:00 last night and after messing around with it was a little dissapointed. The base design IS practally the longshot. The differences are:
1) Plunger tube is smaller as far as I can tell and the spring is on the outside(thanks new guy). I plan to shove whatever the frick springs I can in there.
2) This is a fire from the hip weapon without the attachments. You can't really "look down the sight as with the longshot.
3) It is all condensed into a pistol like weapon. The bolt and everything is the same.
4) Everything is pretty much smaller in length in general.
5) All the other small differences. Like the orange clip, back stock, less screws, etc. These don't really interfere with modding.
So yeah, basically the same setup as the longshot, only with a $20 price tag. I plan to buy another one of these asap and mod it to. I kinda fell like an Angel Breech would fit here...

Oh, and I'm kind of in El Paso right now so no pics for you. If you want the basic design, open up your longshot.

#133751 Recon Internals! (scroll Down)

Posted by Tofu on 24 December 2007 - 11:25 PM in General Nerf

In three hours or so I will be ripping one to shreds. I plan to get my own mod done on it as soon a I get back to SA tommrow or the day afterwards.

#132862 Are You A Helpfull Nerfer?

Posted by Tofu on 17 December 2007 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

HAHA! Are you kidding?! ME?! Yeah right, I am one mean-ass nerfer. I go for people out of ammo and reloading, headshot-a-palooza. Human-shields... It's strategy, not being mean. And I'm ruthlessly efficient. Hehe. Yeah thats me in a nutshell.

Remind me to getsolid concrete wall before reloading in a war with you.

Hybrid for me. No I don't aim for the head but I do take someone out if they're reloading. Saves me some trouble later on. Human sheilds I only did once and it was harsh. my brothers friend took 5 to the chest before I dropped him. It was harsh.

#132861 What's Your Favorite Gun?

Posted by Tofu on 17 December 2007 - 08:54 PM in General Nerf

Mine are:

longshot - nerf
1st gen nite finder - nerf
pulsator even though it sucked - nerf (used to love to shoot my little bro with it when I was 6)
x bow - nerf (same as above, my brother is still being shot today.
titan cause of the frickin rediculus ranges(400 feet I hear it can hit) - nerf

Thats some of them...

#132677 Longshot Modification.

Posted by Tofu on 16 December 2007 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

Tofu: I don't know if I ever read this message. It never came up in the "View new posts".
I do not believe you cut it wrong, I found on some of the newer longshots there is a ring of plastic on the inside so you will have to sand it down. So even 9/16" can go through.

Original Longshot video the way it was meant ot be seen. Quality wise.

Problem fixed and it is fineto. The idoits at the brass company labeled it the wrong size. It now being tested and with ONLY the stock spring I'm able to get 70 - 80 ft FLAT. I don't even know so dont ask. I plan to do some upgrades in a bit including a bbb spring addition.

#132673 Nerf Recon In Hand. I Have Zee Pics.

Posted by Tofu on 16 December 2007 - 02:01 PM in General Nerf

Frick yeah!!! I was going to go get one yesterday but I couldn't find any. Now I know where to look nd am going to get one soon! Yeah beaby yeah.

#132581 Titan Question

Posted by Tofu on 15 December 2007 - 07:38 PM in General Nerf

Nope, as it ends up it didn't help. I'm going to check the tubing in a bit also.

#132575 The Flood....

Posted by Tofu on 15 December 2007 - 07:04 PM in General Nerf

And, yesterday, I saw a crossbow for about 65 including shipping! 5$ says it goes up to at least 75.

Don't tell anyone that, even if it isn't a link.

As a matter a fact, it went up to $103 + $15 for shipping! I'm kinda glad I lost...

#132573 Titan Question

Posted by Tofu on 15 December 2007 - 06:56 PM in General Nerf

Dude, freaky. Im having the exact same problem with my titan right now. i'm plugging the pumg agian to see itf it helps. I will post again if it helps.

#132094 Lilith, The Nerf Crossbow

Posted by Tofu on 11 December 2007 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

Oh, is hell a nerf war? I thought he meant the place of eternal damnation.
But no, if it is a war I probably can't come unless it's in Texas.

Not all that scarce. I'm here.

Nice xbow. I'm possibly getting one in a bit and might consider using your breech... I don't know hough I'm probally going to keep it stock. He went through alot of trouble to keep it like that...

Add some rubber bands and a dt3 spring. It will give it an extra 10-20 ft.

#131998 Where Do I Find Plasti Dip?

Posted by Tofu on 10 December 2007 - 10:21 PM in Homemades

Not to bad. Considering all of my stefans are forsaken matchstick I would know. I get mine from eastwoodco.com and like I said the prioce isnt to bad. They have like 4 different colors. I got red cause its sexy...

#131997 Texas Nerfers

Posted by Tofu on 10 December 2007 - 10:17 PM in Off Topic

Alex your offically a retard. Don't post the same topic twice... Stupid nerfee.

#131824 Any Texas Nerfers Out There?

Posted by Tofu on 09 December 2007 - 07:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Yep, I live 3 streets down from you so come over and nerf any time I get that frickin gun ready.

#131744 No More Recon?

Posted by Tofu on 08 December 2007 - 10:50 PM in General Nerf

They just probally arnt taking any more preorders. Anyone know if the recon actually comes out on the 15th?

#131188 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by Tofu on 01 December 2007 - 11:18 PM in Off Topic

Not much really...

-recon
-crossbow if i can get one
-recon
-a life
-to get my dad out of my life
-a cross
-world peace

all not to hard to get to except for the last one sadly...

#131171 Outtakes Of Nerf

Posted by Tofu on 01 December 2007 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

What random things have happened to you when you were out nerfing?

Once I was nerfing 5v5 during my early modding days and my team had the bright idea to put me in a trash can. I sat there for a while and heard foot steps coming. So I popped out of the trash can and this old lady was walking her dog and she happened to be 5 ft from the trash can. When I popped up with a longshot she flipped out and almost fainted. We got off because her grandson loved nerf.

#131169 Your Nerf Teams Or Clans

Posted by Tofu on 01 December 2007 - 10:10 PM in General Nerf

I'm my own fucking clan.

Ha, I'm siging that.

I don't have a clan. I usually nerf with my best bro Alex 1v1. Sometimes we get others to join, sometimes not really. My first nerf wars were with teams with 5v5. Those were intense.

#131083 Nerf Grassroots Movement

Posted by Tofu on 01 December 2007 - 08:54 AM in General Nerf

Nerf clubs are great for colleges, but high schools simply wouldn't allow it. If you go to high school and get caught drawing a nerf gun in class. The teachers freak because of the word "gun". If you saw that thread about the kid who got caught making a mod in class and the teachers would freak. They're are also to many immature idoits out there in high school that will do something stupid, like shoot each other in the eye purposely. Overall, the administration wouldn't allow it. To many idiot kids out there.

Hasbro made disclaimers for their nerf guns saying "do not modify". If some idiot shoots himself thats his fault.

If we made NERF a recognized sport, Hasbro might not be against it. What does Hasbro put they're guns on the shelves of target? Because they want to make money so they can feed their kids. If we make NERF an organised sport, we might have to have permission from Hasbro, but Hasbro would love that. Theyed sell more of their guns to people who are going to NERF clubs and going to get their friends to buy more nerf guns. Hasbro would be happy.

But still that would increase the number of retards who shoot themselves for a hobby. Retards. That would be the biggest problem for Hasbro. If it's not modifyed, they can sue. If it is, they can. But Hasbro puts disclaimers saying "do not modify" for legal reasons. If some stupid kid hurts himself with a modded gun, then NERF would easily have the upperhand on that case.

#131082 A Note Of Celebration.

Posted by Tofu on 01 December 2007 - 08:26 AM in General Nerf

Nice!!! I thought of doing that once but I didn't have the balls to. Glad someone did.

#130868 Secretivness Of Mods

Posted by Tofu on 28 November 2007 - 05:20 PM in General Nerf

Its stupid to keep a mod secret. Then like somebody else said it can't be improved. I see writeups all the time that have been improved by others so why not post it. It might make your gun better altogether.

#130829 Are You Kidding Me?

Posted by Tofu on 27 November 2007 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

Unless they weren't around a year or two ago when that e-bay storefront flooded the market with $25-50 crossbows, anyone who wants a crossbow already has one.

Not everyone. I've been trying to get one for months and still can't.

Read what you just replied to.

Whoopie, my bad. I didn't really read that entirely. I just kinda went with it.

#130824 Rapid Fire 20 Loading Suggestions

Posted by Tofu on 27 November 2007 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

Make replaceable clips. Theres a writeup on it womewhere. I pln to make my own clips sometime after i finish with Christmas presents.

#130817 Are You Kidding Me?

Posted by Tofu on 27 November 2007 - 08:57 PM in General Nerf

Unless they weren't around a year or two ago when that e-bay storefront flooded the market with $25-50 crossbows, anyone who wants a crossbow already has one.

Not everyone. I've been trying to get one for months and still can't.

#130554 Hell Before Halloween Video.

Posted by Tofu on 24 November 2007 - 03:22 PM in Nerf Wars

You make me want to yell "SCREW TEXAS" and move to Canada. I miss to much nerf stuff. Nice war that I had to miss.

#130553 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Tofu on 24 November 2007 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

What is best to add to my arsenal?

I play indoors.

Buy a rapid fire 20 from toys-r-us.

My guns are soon to be up but I'm away from home right now so soon.

#130535 Nerfing's Against The Rules...

Posted by Tofu on 24 November 2007 - 11:51 AM in General Nerf

sharpie: Were the fuck would a kid get napalm? What, are they selling it at dollar stores? People get stupider and stupider as years go by.

Really easily(don't you go and trry this though). All you have to do is get a bucket and put gasoline in it. Then drop some styrofoam in it and wait a while(not sure how long). Then empty out the gasoline and there will be a fine white powder at the bottom. Thats napalm. I got in trouble for burning it in my friends backyard once. Yeah, I'm that stupid.

#130334 The State Of Hasbro

Posted by Tofu on 21 November 2007 - 10:25 PM in General Nerf

The vulcan? Sounds like they have finally trained birds for nerf. Anyway, the biggest blaster ever sound like the titan right now, so if its bigger than the titan, screw it.

#130333 Nerfing's Against The Rules...

Posted by Tofu on 21 November 2007 - 10:00 PM in General Nerf

Stupid freshmen.

Don't be jealous of the freshmen because they could empty a magstrike on you while you sit there drooling. Don't be hating silly upperclass peeps.

My(freshmen) friend almost got caught drawing plans for a homemade nerf gun that we plan to make this summer during algebra. Knowing Alex he probally would have shoved it down his pants...

#129817 Airtech Jet Squadron Mod

Posted by Tofu on 15 November 2007 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

Imagine that thing swooping down on you and launching 4 darts at you at once. It would be really intense.

By the way, good job.

That, my friend, is what we train pidgons for.

What the????? I've never even heard of one of these. Looks like a great mod thought. If i ever do get ahold of one of these by chance if be sure to mod the crap out of it like you did.

#129814 Buzzbee Rfr

Posted by Tofu on 15 November 2007 - 09:40 PM in Modifications

The catch is the little piece that keeps the gun cocked. Your making it sound like the catch broke in half on you. Return it if you can and if you do get a new one find some way to make it so the catch dosent break in half