lech's Content

There have been 104 items by lech (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#334323 Inexpensive Chronograph

Posted by lech on 29 September 2013 - 02:01 AM in General Nerf

Would a kitchen scale be accurate enough when you weigh 50 or 100 darts at a time ?

#332548 C.V.A.S.P.

Posted by lech on 31 July 2013 - 05:07 PM in Homemades

If you knock the release lever at the back of the caulk gun, when the blaster is primed, does the metal rod fly back at you?

#331691 The Final Iteration of the 3D printed wye!

Posted by lech on 08 July 2013 - 09:40 PM in Darts and Barrels

Are you selling these yet?

#328727 Compilation of Shipping weight for nerf blasters.

Posted by lech on 13 April 2013 - 08:47 PM in General Nerf

Nerf Firestrike 170g
Nerf Nite Finder 180g
Nerf Strongarm 330g
Nerf Supermaxx 750 (new style) 200g
Nerf Supermaxx 1500 (old style 420g
Nerf Raider 530g
Lanard Triple shot Clear X (without stock) 440g - Stock 50g
Mortar Pistol 450g

Taken with an analogue kitchen scale so a small margin of error is to be expected.

#328662 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by lech on 09 April 2013 - 07:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

If you are going to fuck around loading belts and what-not, why not just use N-Strike clips? The advantage of a hopper/RSCB is you can quickly stuff darts into it on the go. Very keen to get my hands on some low angle wyes when they become available, as we use full length darts with silicone tips at the wars I attend.

Would using a 3/4" wye give more room to help darts chamber and bend through the wye ?

#328112 3D printed Wye on a Snapbow

Posted by lech on 17 March 2013 - 04:57 AM in Darts and Barrels

No stub. Not having it there allows for more flexibility... ...and it isn't that difficult to cut a 2" piece of pvc to make a stub if necessary.

I agree with this.

#328006 Image of New Elite Blaster

Posted by lech on 14 March 2013 - 06:02 PM in General Nerf

I think some credit to NoM might be due here..he posted this on his Facebook page earlier today, from that exact same site. This is also the site that had the rest of the elite blaster before any of the line was originally released.

What is everyone's obsession with giving and receiving credit for every little bullshit thing that is posted on here ? The OP has already said that he saw it on another forum and provided a link to the source. That is more than enough. The OP is not gaining anything by posting this so why the fuck do you care who saw it first and shared it on Facebook ?

#327824 Alternative Plunger Tube Plastics?

Posted by lech on 08 March 2013 - 07:37 PM in Homemades

I see your point with the night finder rifles, but the one with the larger plunger tube has more fiction, does it not?

Yep, it probably has a marginally heavier plunger head as well. My point is that there's a lot of variables to take into account, not just volume, which most homemades have way more than enough of anyway.

#327818 Alternative Plunger Tube Plastics?

Posted by lech on 08 March 2013 - 05:46 PM in Homemades

I know this is not really a alternative plastic, but I have used it and found it to be much easier than its normal size. I am thinking of 1 1/4 THINWALL pvc. It has the same outer diameter as regular pvc, but is exactly 1 1/2 inches on the inside. This means that you don't have to make a superlative head, just a washer sandwich. Link: http://flexpvc.com/c...C-PIPE-Class200

This also adds a lot of extra volume to springers made with it. A snap carbine with 5 in. of draw can use a hopper suitable for my snapbow, yet still shoot a little farther. If you are wondering, they both have k26s and great seals. This means that you can you shorter draw blasters like the aforementioned snap carbine, yet still get very competitive results.

In Australia we use a product called 32mm Class 12 PVC, It fits into 1 1/4" SCH40 fittings and has a thin wall, I believe its very similar to your thinwall PVC. It has a perfect seal with 32mm red rubber bathplugs. We use this material for TS plunger tubes, homemades, etc. with great success.

Extra volume does not always translate to extra power. Up to a certain point, yes, but there could be a lot of other factors at play in your blasters (friction on plungerhead/rod, weight of plunger rod, barrel length, spring compression, etc.) I've made Nite Rifles that are identical except one has a wider plunger tube and roughly double the volume, yet they shoot the same.

#327817 Making Mongos- Where can I get 1" FBR?

Posted by lech on 08 March 2013 - 05:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

How far does a Mongo shoot from a typical [k26] powered homemade?

#327356 3D printed Wye with a Gentler Slope and a Dart Ramp

Posted by lech on 26 February 2013 - 05:51 PM in Darts and Barrels

Is it easy/possible to lower the angle further to help feeding of long darts/stock darts/silicone tips?

What sort of printer do you print these on ? Are you planning on making the files available for others?

#327058 Firestrike Rifle

Posted by lech on 20 February 2013 - 12:58 AM in Modifications

A few things:

Am I missing something, it seems like you have completely neglected attaching the plunger tube to the blaster ?

You have a large amount of deadspace eg. spring is too short/plunger tube too long.

Any consideration given to adding some sort of spring rest to spread the load ? The plastic seems pretty weak around the catch.

#326763 maximizer modification

Posted by lech on 13 February 2013 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

Can it still fire the stock rockets? If not, perhaps using countersunk screws could help you achieve this ?

#326468 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by lech on 06 February 2013 - 10:17 PM in Modifications

'Double' NF Rifle with BRISC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#323993 Longshot Brass Breech Question

Posted by lech on 28 November 2012 - 04:31 AM in Modifications

Read this guide thoroughly. http://modworks.blog...-mod-guide.html

With a brass breech I think its always better to have a slightly looser barrel and correct this with tightening rings if necessary. A barrel that is too tight will jam frequently and ruin heaps of darts.

#321289 "Freehand" Molded Silicone Domes

Posted by lech on 31 August 2012 - 08:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

Uh.. As i recall Zero darts were micros with domes, which had a thin collar of craft foam wrapped around them to give them a mega dart fit?

#321232 Elite plungertube draw increase

Posted by lech on 29 August 2012 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

I doubt that hotglue will last long.

So there was a ridge inside the plunger tube which you sand down?

#320275 Pulley system Bullpup style surgical tubing powered blaster

Posted by lech on 10 August 2012 - 12:54 AM in Homemades

Thanks Boot, your SRSCB is working beautifully for me, I'm using 16mm UPVC Conduit here in Australia, firing streamline length darts with heavy silicone tips. I had heaps of trouble firing these out of a hopper except with a BritHop, very loose barrel and using a high powered airgun(which yielded pretty poor results) but using your design they feed very well.

I first bought a pipe bending tool (pictured on the left) which kept crushing the pipe and generally being a pain in the ass(Not sure if I'm just terrible at using it or if its really not suitable for the task) but was enough to test the idea, and I bought a bending spring today which is much easier to work with. Using a Wye there is very little deadspace however I'm sure it works great with a 45+Tee as you have done. Please excuse the mess of electrical tape, its due to a discrepancy between conduit and PVC fittings.

Posted Image

#317777 Can We consider Elite to be released?

Posted by lech on 30 June 2012 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Why are you asking? What does 'considering them to be released' achieve?

#317462 Air tank question

Posted by lech on 24 June 2012 - 12:27 AM in Modifications

Add a mspaint sketch of what you are talking about.

#312346 Nite Finder Rifle 2.0

Posted by lech on 03 March 2012 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

So you use Nylon spacers which rest flush up against the shell as your pullback handle? Wouldn't that be hard to get a grip ?

I think it's better to let the easily replaceable homemade parts take the impact rather than the shell. It amazes me how strong the catches are on these things but I still want to remove as much stress around them as possible.

#312286 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by lech on 02 March 2012 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

You have a plusbow or similar and you have found that the ideal barrel length is 12". If you replace the spring with one that is 30% stronger, keeping the same draw, how does this change the ideal barrel? Should it be longer, shorter, tighter, looser, no different ?

#311817 N-STEN

Posted by lech on 25 February 2012 - 04:21 AM in Homemades

A longshot only has about 3 inches of draw too. Having 7 inches of draw isn't always necessary especially with air efficient breech setups and wide plunger tubes. Although 3 inch barrel would be limiting.

#311275 Longshot mod questions

Posted by lech on 15 February 2012 - 05:38 PM in Modifications

You must reinforce the boltsled if you are going to do any spring additions.

#311248 Question about AT3K Manual Rotation

Posted by lech on 15 February 2012 - 04:45 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

The bit I've circled goes underneath the firing pin on mine.

#311230 Ammunition Counter for a LongStrike

Posted by lech on 15 February 2012 - 12:22 AM in Modifications

I did this, and it didn't get much in the way of positive response from non-FNG's, but it's nice to see that other people have the balls to do electronics work.Always glad to plug my own work!

Videos gone in your thread mate.

#311216 Question about AT3K Manual Rotation

Posted by lech on 14 February 2012 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

double post please delete

#311208 Question about AT3K Manual Rotation

Posted by lech on 14 February 2012 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

Here is how mine looks:
Posted Image

The orange conduit glued in in the background was originally meant to hold the mechanism, but its not actually doing anything at the moment.

No It does not, But it's not really that hard to line it up.

It's not that hard to make it indexing which is far better than having to look and line it up each shot.

Just rotate it as close to the shell as you can and hot glue the shit out of it.

What happens if you fuck the seal up or something and you have to remove the turret? Would be a pain in the ass.

#311194 Question about AT3K Manual Rotation

Posted by lech on 14 February 2012 - 06:46 PM in Modifications

If you do your overhaul right, you don't need anything to hold the turret in place. the seal between your tank and turret should be tight enough that the friction holds the turret in place. AT least thats the way mine works, I simply gutted everything off the tank and stacked foam until the friction held the turret in place after rotating, then I coated the foam in goop to make smoother and prevent ripping, and added grease. If you need i can add pictures.

So your turret doesnt index?

#311167 Question about AT3K Manual Rotation

Posted by lech on 14 February 2012 - 05:42 AM in Modifications

I rotated it around so it was wedged under the orange L shaped thing the hose attaches to. Only works with stock rotation spring though, anything stronger and it comes out.

EDIT: It appears as if the protruding piece of the mechanism actually rests against where the plastic that the firing pin comes out of on tank. Not sure this is ideal but it works. (pic below)

#310574 Air displacement of Night Finder Plunger

Posted by lech on 02 February 2012 - 05:38 AM in Modifications

Because it is.
Doesn't even require a screwdriver.

Haha yeah fair enough. Although as you mentioned it requires the gun to be completely free of leaks.

#310552 Air displacement of Night Finder Plunger

Posted by lech on 01 February 2012 - 08:56 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the lesson. If you read my post you will find that I have already given you the relevant measurements and the answer.

Why do people think pouring water into guns is easier than basic maths ?

#310376 Air displacement of Night Finder Plunger

Posted by lech on 30 January 2012 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

You could double check these measurements simply by sealing one end and filling it with water. Then measure how much water you used.

Well you would have to fill it to the exact point that the plungerhead will draw to which would require measuring the draw anyway.. pointless.

#310362 Air displacement of Night Finder Plunger

Posted by lech on 30 January 2012 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

Can anyone tell me what the volume displacement in cc, of a night finder plunger is.

I need to know if it is larger than 38 cc. 50 cc and above would be good.

It is in consideration for a Brass Breech on a reverse plunger Nerf gun.

Around 20CC according to my calculations.

I used this site: http://www.online-ca...indervolume.php and measured the plunger tube to have an approximate radius of 12mm, and 44.5 MM.(1.75 inches) of height (draw) - I read this figure in the NIC spring database thread

You would need to almost double the draw length to get in the 38-50cc range. Or increase the radius by approx 5mm

Regards,
Lech

#310012 NerfHaven for iOS Released!

Posted by lech on 24 January 2012 - 02:42 AM in General Nerf

Actually, searching for "nerfhaven" returned nothing. Found it by searching "nerf haven" or "inerfhaven"

Cheers,
lech

#34939 Rerelease Of The Lanard First-shot

Posted by lech on 23 August 2004 - 03:12 AM in General Nerf

They look like whistlers, but they don't have a hole in them to make them whistle...beats me.

#34839 Rerelease Of The Lanard First-shot

Posted by lech on 22 August 2004 - 03:57 AM in General Nerf

I picked one of these up at a local toy store.
Posted Image

#21846 Happy Birthday Lech

Posted by lech on 20 March 2004 - 07:44 PM in Off Topic

Yeah thanks guys,
I do check these forums frequently, but I've been away for the last week catching some sun and waves.

Lech.

#19949 My Screen Resolution Is...

Posted by lech on 26 February 2004 - 03:31 PM in Site Feedback

I have a shitty 17" CRT fishbowl, at 1024*768*32@85Hz.
I play most of my games at this res, but, like spectre, I'm forced to lower my res in some of the newer games; XP1600+ @ 1.55ghz with a ti 4200 just doesn't cut it any more....mmmm...upgrade....

#19060 Spraypaint, Nerf, And You

Posted by lech on 15 February 2004 - 02:19 AM in Modifications

Grinch, I can't say all your pictures are original...

Back on topic: I once painted my switch shots super....meh.
Some of my clanmates have some kickass camo jobs on they're max shots.