Rambo's Content

There have been 1000 items by Rambo (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#269156 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by Rambo on 14 March 2010 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Isn't like, Rambo from Allentown?

Yeah, I heard about this place a couple weeks ago and hopped on here to see if you guys had too.

Hopefully I can put one of the many broken guns in my basement back together and make this. Is anyone selling stefans these days?

#244216 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Rambo on 27 July 2009 - 06:23 PM in Nerf Wars

As long as "mobility" doesn't mean running, I'm willing to help out.

#244184 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Rambo on 27 July 2009 - 03:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there, but my knee is questionable so I'm not sure how much I will be playing.

#238794 Ddt.........s

Posted by Rambo on 26 June 2009 - 05:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Well I just woke up after sleeping for 16 hours, somehow. If I can get to sleep tonight I'll be there, but don't count on it. Sorry.

#235836 Pano, Pennsylvania Nerf Outing

Posted by Rambo on 12 June 2009 - 01:30 PM in Nerf Wars

If someone has a gun I can borrow for the day I'll be there.

#235358 Ddt.........s

Posted by Rambo on 09 June 2009 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

In what I think is my first NerfHaven post since 2005, I confirm my attendance on June 27th. Looking forward to it!

.....holy fuck

I was in far too much awe to find these words.

I will be there also, though.

#234573 Bcno (again)

Posted by Rambo on 06 June 2009 - 01:03 AM in Nerf Wars

Definitely going to be a bit late, sorry.

#234255 Please Close

Posted by Rambo on 04 June 2009 - 10:59 AM in Nerf Wars

28th works for me, but if it lowers the attendance number from the group you're shooting for, leave it the 27th, I'll make the next one.

#234216 Please Close

Posted by Rambo on 03 June 2009 - 11:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Vacc's war is that day. I'd like to go since I haven't played the venue yet, but I'd probably go to his. Any chance you could pick a new day?

#233836 Bcno (again)

Posted by Rambo on 01 June 2009 - 07:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Add me to the definite list.

#233200 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by Rambo on 28 May 2009 - 10:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm going from PA and my car is currently empty if you guys need a replacement ride.

Thanks OMC, red foam should be fine.

#233025 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by Rambo on 28 May 2009 - 10:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Holy shit, I totally forgot all about this - does anyone have stefans I can buy? PM me if you want to work out details on pricing.

#221929 +pistol, By Splitlip

Posted by Rambo on 05 April 2009 - 11:19 PM in Homemades

Does anyone actually NERF anymore? Just wondering...

You mean instead of Nit pick at ranges and stuff? Or ask for them? I think so... There are small pockets of real Nerfers here and there. Obviously all three coasts... but is there a geographical nerf-tard spot? like, a geographical oddity that causes people to care about ranges?

Three coasts?

#221644 Quick Pas Question

Posted by Rambo on 04 April 2009 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

The PAS Forsaken made for me is damn hard to prime. Generally I prime it, then put the barrel in the coupler. Is that inconvenient for you? I use a speedloader barrel so it's not more than a half a second longer reload time.

#221517 Nerf Popular Mechanics Article

Posted by Rambo on 04 April 2009 - 03:45 AM in General Nerf

And where's the Longshot? I'd say the invention of working clips is pretty important.

Ever heard of the Sawtooth or the Electric Eel? I'd say they definitely utilized working clips long before the Longshot.

#220169 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by Rambo on 27 March 2009 - 03:25 PM in General Nerf

I guess it was March 2007 in Massachusetts. During one of the rounds towards the end of the day I had to take a piss, real bad. I was ( if memory serves ), the only member of my team remaining, facing two members of the other team. The other two guys agreed to pause the round, so I went off in search of an accommodating tree ( since the park had no facilities ). Quite a few pedestrians were wandering around and I was having trouble finding a tree. In an effort to get back to the round quicker, I started to run around, while trying to find one. I don't recall exactly why my footing got fucked up, but I tripped over a little hill or something and dislocated my kneecap. At this point I was pretty far away from the group and couldn't walk, so I sat there for about twenty minutes yelling until OMC finally found me. Eventually I found out that my kneecap had severed a piece of cartilage which had swollen and had to be surgically removed. I still have three small scars around my knee.

#219779 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by Rambo on 25 March 2009 - 11:56 AM in Off Topic

I'm guessing you're looking to convert to mp4's for an iPod? When I had an iPod, the best software I could find for conversion ( usually I converted from VOBs, but I assume it's good quality for all conversions ) was Videora.

Best recommendation in the thread.

The only other conversion you will need is SUPER codec. Which can convert anything to anything, but is a bit mind-bogglingly feature rich for daily use.

Oh man. I tried using this, and it was complicated. I couldn't understand it. I went to look on the web sites to figure out how to use it and the links all went to the same page. It made me mad.

EDIT: Also, couldn't I use PSPVideo9? Is that a good converter?

Please tell me you're talking about having trouble to use SUPER codec, not Videora.

I installed the new Videora... as I said, I haven't used the program in several years. I followed the steps listed for "first time users" and I had a file converting from .flv to .mp4 in under 30 seconds. I'm not sure I've ever had such an easy time using a program.

However, I was a little disappointed with the ads plastered all over the program. I still think it's probably one of the better conversion tools out there.

Also, anyone interested in YouTube downloaders, but would rather get a Firefox addon, not a program should look at:
FlashGot - downloads pretty much any embedded flash media on any site I've ever tried to use it on.
Video DownloadHelper - doesn't work on as many sites, but it's a little more "point-and-click."

#219639 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by Rambo on 24 March 2009 - 12:02 PM in Off Topic

I'm guessing you're looking to convert to mp4's for an iPod? When I had an iPod, the best software I could find for conversion ( usually I converted from VOBs, but I assume it's good quality for all conversions ) was Videora. I haven't used it in a couple years and the site has changed quite a bit but it looks like it's still free.

I haven't tried this feature from VLC, but there's a convert function built into more reacent versions. It might be worth checking out.

#217801 Massacre 3

Posted by Rambo on 12 March 2009 - 11:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I read through the first post, but couldn't find which paypal adress to send the money to. Did I miss it, or is it not there?

It's not specifically stated as PayPal, but:

E-mail me at Forsaken_angel24@hotmail.com. Just make sure to have something along the
lines of "MASSACRE 3" In the topic title.

#217674 Headshots

Posted by Rambo on 12 March 2009 - 05:27 PM in General Nerf

Before this March Meltdown bullshit no one had ever told me to not aim for the head at any war that I've attended. It didn't concern me because the eye protection rule was always enforced. I figured, "hey, we're protecting our eyes, let's see if we can hit each other in the head." After all, wouldn't you agree that being able to hit people in the head demonstrates a mastery of your weapon? Not that I am, or have ever been, a very good shot, but that's the philosophy I've brought to every war I've attended. I've definitely been hit in the head many more times than I've hit other people in the head, so I'd have to assume that I'm not the only person who feels this way. I've never once received an apology after being shot in the head, for which I am thankful - why apologize unless I've been injured? Generally the only thing I say after such a hit is, "holy shit, you hit me right in the temple, nice shot." Furthermore, the only knowledge I have of someone ever being hurt by a shot to the head was Axl Rose at BCNO. He was not wearing eye protection, so I don't see how that incident, or any other, can be cited when questioning the safety of a headshot when eye protection rules are being enforced.

#217171 Massacre 3

Posted by Rambo on 09 March 2009 - 05:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I already paid... i didn't get a ticket number.

Yes you did.

PARTICIPANT LIST:

1 Forsaken_angel24-----(1)
2 Uncle Fester------------(1)
3 Dead Dumpster---------(1)
4 Pearson-----------------(2)
5 Rambo------------------(1)
6 Glint---------------------(1)
7 1337--------------------(1)
8 FY215-------------------(2)
9 Nerf Momma------------(2)
10 Crooked---------------(1)
11 DQ---------------------(2)
12 Applefury.-------------(2)
13 Slowguitarman (1) Fuck Yeah!
14 Slowguitarmans guest.(1)

#216594 March Meltdown

Posted by Rambo on 06 March 2009 - 02:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Rule # 5 - Head shots are prohibited. If you do shoot someone in the head you will be expected to apologize and avoid them in the future. If it is deemed that you are taking too many head shots you will be asked to shit out a round. After that you will be ejected from the war and uninvited to future events held by me.

That's it? I can't shoot at someone that I hit in the head, whether accidentally or intentionally, for the rest of the war for fear of ejection? Is eye protection still required in light of this rule?

Is there going to be a test on all these rules before admission is granted? Just want to make sure I get enough studying in....

All kidding aside, I may be a bit out of the loop here, but when did things become so fucking stringent? I haven't been to an east coast war since Apoc, but rule lists being posted before a war that include threats of ejection? What happened to showing up, loosely conforming to a set of guidelines and having a good time? How can I have a good time when I'm worrying about where my dart is going to hit someone?

#216348 March Meltdown

Posted by Rambo on 04 March 2009 - 09:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Could somebody possibly post a map that isn't google maps because the one Rambo posted I can't see the park there thanks.

What do you mean you can't see the park there? The park is the wooded area all around the green marker... just follow the road the Google Map leads you to until you reach the parking lot.

#215664 Nerf War Crno

Posted by Rambo on 28 February 2009 - 11:29 PM in Nerf Wars

14 days until this starts and I need more people attending. If there's something you want me to change just ask me and I'll see what happens.

Good bump... had totally missed this thread. I'll probably be there.

Nevermind that, got dates mixed up, I will be at Massacre 3 on 3/14. If attendance isn't high enough and you push it back a week I will attend.

#215280 Server Issues

Posted by Rambo on 26 February 2009 - 10:48 PM in Site Feedback

The most you can do is follow the errors advice and Report the error to the Administrator of the web server (cxwq). The more error reports, the more he will notice that his equipment may just need a slight upgrade to stay ahead of NH's growing population.

I've already stated this. I guess you can also throw in your money to help out with paying, but I'm pretty sure that some small hardware upgrades should take care of these. Or a software upgrade to something a little less "resource wasting"

What kind of "small hardware upgrade" are you referring to? I don't believe CX is paying for a dedicated server, especially not one he can modify the hardware configuration of.

#214958 Mcno & Gankfest 3

Posted by Rambo on 25 February 2009 - 06:36 PM in Nerf Wars

They're under her care, because this is technically a "Birthday" Celebration. I'll try my best to convince her that if we just "Hang" at a park, she's not responsible.

But she doesn't want to be "judged by the community"- Unless... I can take split's offer of having the LGLF hosting it... Loophole!

I guess I'm still missing the point... if it's a "birthday celebration" that makes her responsible, then presumably she's just as responsible at any venue... tell her that 30 people nerfing in a room that small is less safe than playing at a park?

#214953 Mcno & Gankfest 3

Posted by Rambo on 25 February 2009 - 06:22 PM in Nerf Wars

If you relocate the war to a public park, how is she [any more] responsible for the attendees?

Wow. Just ... wow.

What school system granted Wile E. Coyote a teaching certificate in Physics?

I have a teaching certificate in physics? Oh, no, wait a minute, I see what you did there.

Obviously velocity is not that simple for every application, but that's the first thing you learn about it ( or that's the first thing they teach about it at my community college, anyway ) so I figured I'd mention it to Skitzo, first.

#214944 Mcno & Gankfest 3

Posted by Rambo on 25 February 2009 - 06:06 PM in Nerf Wars

What does your mom's opinion of nerfing at a park have to do with the war actually being there? Whether or not the tables are 6' long ( which they probably are considering they only accommodate four chairs ), you still have a very small room ( definitely not more than 70' long and maybe 30' wide ) for an attendance list that suggests you will likely have as many as 25, maybe even more than 30. I was considering attending if my supplies arrive by Friday, but not if it's going to be a 6-hour indoor war where I might have to sit out around 3 of those hours. No offense, but 3 hours driving for 3 hours of nerfing is not really that fun a day. Not sure if other people feel this way or not too, though.

After reading your edit, Echnalaid, I wonder how you think 40-50' are reasonable range estimates. Even if the room is 60 or 70' long ( not sure how that'd be possible ) you'd more or less have to be standing against the wall to be hit by a shot at 40-50'.

Skitzo, since velocity is a measure of change in distance over change in time it is not necessarily true that two 150' guns have the same velocity. If one gun fires a dart that reaches 150' in 2 seconds its velocity is much higher than that of a gun that reaches 150' in 4 or 5 seconds.

#213762 March Meltdown

Posted by Rambo on 20 February 2009 - 06:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Guess I really haven't posted in this thread, but I'll be there.

#212907 Massacre 3

Posted by Rambo on 16 February 2009 - 09:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be driving from eastern Pennsylvania on Friday 3/13. If you are interested in riding with me ( 3-4 seats available ), contact me via PM/AIM/MSN.

#212456 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Rambo on 15 February 2009 - 03:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Why couldn't events like this take place when I was an active nerfer..almost a decade ago? Now I am a bitter old man. :P

Bitterness and old age set in at age 22? Stop bitching and make it to an event :rolleyes: .

#211900 Weird Site Issue

Posted by Rambo on 12 February 2009 - 10:30 PM in Site Feedback

In case you get curious when changing your setting, Linear+ is basically the same as Standard, except the first post is shown at the top of every page in the thread. Handy for referencing stuff when browsing a war thread, a pain in the ass when reading a mod thread with a lot of pictures in the first post...

#210858 Blink-182

Posted by Rambo on 09 February 2009 - 03:50 PM in Off Topic

I would like to add that Miley Cyrus sucks, basically ecause she caused a franchise of cheaply made, really expensive crap that is brainwashing the youth of America into thinking they will all become rockstars. And the Jonas Bros suck as well. They caused something similiar to the "Edward Cullen" crap where most every girl falls head over heels for an idiotic person/ fictional character. Not bagging on the Twilight series though, I liked it.

BLINK 182 ROCKS!!!!!! They even made it on a Guitar Hero game.

Wow, your signature really isn't a joke, is it?

#209214 Math Puzzle

Posted by Rambo on 03 February 2009 - 01:12 PM in Off Topic

Fucking hell. Thanks for the problem. Props bob, I took a really long way around that. I've managed to get really bad at simplifying, somewhere along the line I missed a divide by two. Mind posting or PM'ing the forum name? I'd love to get to work on stuff like this some more.

As much as I hate helping you out I think you and others would like this site and its accompanying forum.

#207118 The Calender

Posted by Rambo on 28 January 2009 - 03:17 AM in Site Feedback

OMC used to update the calendar for east coast wars to some extent, but I guess he's too busy with school now.

As Langley said, the schedule certainly serves the same purpose as the calendar would, as does the RSS feed for the Wars forum.

#203483 Massacre 2

Posted by Rambo on 14 January 2009 - 11:44 PM in Nerf Wars

No venue as good as that would ever be free.

The venue is shit, it's just great hosts that make it good :).

#202565 Magnificent 7

Posted by Rambo on 11 January 2009 - 09:12 AM in General Nerf

Maybe its all about the ability to fire those 12 long range accurate shots quickly? And therefore it makes it unfair? Well if you think about it from a tactical standpoint it just means you have a priority target. Instead of using your long range people to stand back and pretty much lose the round for you when someone inevitably rushes them, have them focus on big threats. Having high quality guns like that almost FORCES you to think tactically. Could this be why they are banned? Because Nerf isn't a Milsim, and there for your tactics should be "Run and hit stuff"?

Maybe I'm not making my point clear.

I don't care about Doomsayers. I care about the fact that the "technology" of nerf is growing and that we, as a community, should be able to grow with it.

#202554 Magnificent 7

Posted by Rambo on 11 January 2009 - 04:12 AM in General Nerf

Rambo. He has addressed it. It's been made very clear that they're banned from the Mag 7 wars. I mean hell, Forsaken doesn't have a problem with it, so just drop it. Just take it to PM if it really bothers you that much.

What are you talking about? The subject of the bulk of my post had nothing to do with a specific gun. Sure, that thought might be inspired by the banning of the Doomsayer, but it's not what I'm talking about. I'd also like to how you're under the impression that Forsaken doesn't have a problem with it. His post made him sound somewhat disappointed and in agreement with my sentiments.

#202550 Magnificent 7

Posted by Rambo on 11 January 2009 - 02:48 AM in General Nerf

Second, the idea that a breached LS is in anyway comparable is simultaneously hilarious and absurd.

Absurd?

Ranges are typical.
99'
100'
102'
100'
101'
102'

I did this range test at night and it was freezing outside. On a normal sunny spring/summer/fall day I am sure the ranges would be at least 10-12 feet farther. I tried putting in a stronger spring but the gun was awkward to cock and the glue broke after four shots. This is something I will be working on improving after doing Captain slugs shotgun grip mod

Stats:
This puppy can shoot on average 115 feet.
Is very accurate.
Can fire 12 rounds in 12 seconds or less.
Is rear loading.
Auto advancing.

With a double clip and a shotgun grip it seems like Angel's LS is pretty much the same as the Doomsayer, unless I'm missing something, which wouldn't be unreasonable since I've never warred against a well-modded Longshot.

If everyone calms down and wants to discuss this in a logical manner I think we can have a dialogue, but it's just not productive for us to respond to irrational panic.

We can discuss this in a rational manner, but I, for one, am not going to sit here and read 3 pages of panicked indignation.

Seriously? You people are still whining about this?

Maybe the reason people are still whining about it is because you haven't fully addressed it yet? You've said no to a few questions about specific issues, but you have neglected some of the bigger questions. Some of us are waiting, patiently.

My biggest concern is that stock guns have been improving recently, but you seem unwilling to adapt to the new technology. If a new stock gun is released and someone turns it into a monster, you guys are just going to ban it when the person cleans up with the gun, so why bother?

#202288 March Meltdown

Posted by Rambo on 10 January 2009 - 04:00 AM in Nerf Wars

Address?

The typed directions there are good, but the "where" doesn't work very well in Google Maps. Try this, I'm 90% certain it's the closest Google Map-able address. Not sure how it would work on Mapquest, though.

Not sure yet if I'll be there, depends largely on school and work ( to a lesser extent ).