Nonsense Man's Content

There have been 234 items by Nonsense Man (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#184399 Sanford Florida Nerf War

Posted by Nonsense Man on 18 October 2008 - 11:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me in as a maybe and one friend.

#184127 Nightfinder W/ Magazine

Posted by Nonsense Man on 16 October 2008 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

It uses a 10 dart fixed magazine made of polycarbonate

I love it, I always have loved successful breeches and magazines. Nice work.

EDIT- What did you make the magazine of?

There you go

#183863 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by Nonsense Man on 15 October 2008 - 12:05 AM in Homemades

Does anyone have a picture of the 1/8th templated on the 12x12 sheet?

#182515 Favorite Air/pump/ Gun?

Posted by Nonsense Man on 08 October 2008 - 10:26 PM in General Nerf

Who would buy that? It is an incredibly simple mod. The hardest part would be opening the gun. From what I see all you did was remove all the unnecessary stuff and seal off the tube to the hornet attachment then attach a coupler. Thats not really groundbreaking stuff. I don't see why some people seem to be excited and amazed by it.

#182125 Just A Small Pm Title Annoyance

Posted by Nonsense Man on 06 October 2008 - 11:56 PM in Site Feedback

This problem isn't a huge problem at all just a slight annoyance. Apparently the title of a PM (or a thread title but I'm not sure about this) can contain 40characters (spaces included) but it lets you keep going after that but cuts off everything after that 40 mark which can create a slight annoyance. Like when I asked groove for a nerfstrong band apparently I had spelt band "brand" so the the title came out to be "I would like to reserve a NerfStrong bra". Again not a real problem just a slight annoyance.

#182115 Favorite Air/pump/ Gun?

Posted by Nonsense Man on 06 October 2008 - 11:27 PM in General Nerf

Titan, bought it from BustaDartInYOurAss (friend from school) and it's amazing. All credit goes to him.

Ranges: With a foot long barrel around 120', with a 2 1/2 foot barrel around 160' flat.
Accuracy: So far probably around 7 or 8. I'm still working on a shell and trigger.
Pumps: Minimum pumps for me is 10, but maximum around 15.
Comfortability: It's a bit bulky but when the shell is done i'd say 9 out of 10.

Edit: Just so you know MY ranges are not bullshit, if you really don't believe me ask BustaDartInYOurAss, or anyone on the haven. They are average titan ranges. Forgot, the pump is plugged. ;)

Holy shit! I believe that! Good modification.

Why do you have nothing but positive to say. The mod isn't that amazing. All his friend did was shorten the tubing between the pump and the titan tank and take the titan out of its shell. I would probably put money on a majority of your posts being like "Holy shit that gun is amazing!" you even bring back oldish (well not really at all old) topics just to compliment peoples guns. They may kind of feel nice about it but when I open up a thread that has new posts I am hoping it will be something that actually contributes to the topic or is at least intelligent. Instead I find you complimenting people. Also to be on topic.
Posted Image
Name: Splitfire
Range: 75-80
Accuracy: good
Pumps: 9

#182055 Fall Seno

Posted by Nonsense Man on 06 October 2008 - 08:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I am going to have to say no for the attendance. My mom is not interested in driving almost 10 hours for nerf.

#181787 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Nonsense Man on 05 October 2008 - 06:34 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

#181763 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by Nonsense Man on 05 October 2008 - 05:09 PM in Modifications

Thanks a bunch TatumBull. I now have a fully working petg'ed LS with the stock breach. I'll post pics in a sec.
EDIT: Pics are here

The original breach now with a stub of 1/2" petg in it
Posted Image

The main barrel It's just OMC petg
Posted Image

Dart sitting in the breach
Posted Image

Dart being loaded into the main barrel
Posted Image

Few things I'm going to answer here. The 1/2" petg was bought at petland. It has e-tape over it to create a better seal with the 9/16. Yes I cut off the stock breach head because it was unnecessary and got in the way of the 9/16.

#181749 Official "show Off Your Longshot" Thread

Posted by Nonsense Man on 05 October 2008 - 04:01 PM in Modifications

BTW fuck Xbows.

If you weren't buying a NERFSTRONG wristband, I'd fucking ban your ass right now for inciting such blatant blasphemous bullshit in my forum.

-Groove

HAHAHAH Its ok. I'm sure if I ever stumble across one and mod it and make it My own.. My precious, my tune might change. When I say such a thing. I don't mean the gun itself. But more the hype that has built around it.

For now however I will make the best of what plastic toys do come my way.

Good god sir! What in the hell is on your longshot!?

I like what you did with the pistol splat there too. Mine is acting up, Now i have to open the damn thing up again.

It seems to be a titan. The tank resembles that shell and you can see the pump below the shell.

#181656 Titan Leak

Posted by Nonsense Man on 05 October 2008 - 11:30 AM in Modifications

No do not use vegetable oil. It can supremely fuck up your seal and any other rubber. Only use a lubricant with a silicone base.

#181637 Titan Leak

Posted by Nonsense Man on 05 October 2008 - 08:29 AM in Modifications

Spray some silicone lube on the valve.

#181569 Google Patent Search!

Posted by Nonsense Man on 04 October 2008 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

I think groove may lay down the ban hammer on your ass. First you necro a 5 year old thread now a 2 year old threat I don't think this will go well.

#181567 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Nonsense Man on 04 October 2008 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

The only crowd that appeals to is the LARP'ers and I don't think Hasbro even takes them into consideration.

That and the HvZ crowd.

How would that in any way help the HvZ crowd. I thought they went for functionality then rof then sweet looks. This wouldn't increase rof in any way.

#181557 The Nite Finder With Less Crap On It!

Posted by Nonsense Man on 04 October 2008 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

You do realize this thread is over 5 years old. Really I hope you get banned for reiterating something said in the beginning of the thread and necroing a 5 year old topic.

#181550 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by Nonsense Man on 04 October 2008 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

I decided on 9.5" of 9/16 petg. I tested it all out. I had to cut the bolt face off but that is irrelevant in this mod as it seals nothing. The only problem I have now is the clip lock (I looked at the diagram and I think thats what it is) spring popped out into oblivion. Is this spring necessary for using the clip?

#181507 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Nonsense Man on 04 October 2008 - 04:13 PM in General Nerf

If the spartan ever came into existence it might be produced with a 12 round clip. As we have the LongShot CS-6 and the Recon CS-6 which both come with a 6 shot clip. The Spartan CS-12 would probably have a 12 round clip. I belive CS stands for clip shooter. But yea the spartan looks hot but the raider looks meh. It would be a nice looking gun to but pointless as from the screencaps it looks like a LS or a Recon with the clip sideways. The only crowd that appeals to is the LARP'ers and I don't think Hasbro even takes them into consideration.

#181499 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by Nonsense Man on 04 October 2008 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

I was wondering the optimal length for a barrel. I am thinking around 9-10". For my ls I decided to just take my 1/2" petg and put it the stock bolt then in the stock barrel putting my main 9/16 petg barrel. The 1/2" petg fits perfectly inside the 9/16.

#180326 Marvelous Salvo...

Posted by Nonsense Man on 28 September 2008 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

While this is back up I have to comment. That thing is an amazing monstrosity. The only way to make it awesomer is to turret all the MS barrels but that would make it incredibly unwieldy.

#180266 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by Nonsense Man on 28 September 2008 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

Ya your totally 12. When you grow a pair well let you back but not really at all.

#180170 My Turreted Nf

Posted by Nonsense Man on 28 September 2008 - 02:22 PM in Modifications

Ya thats one of the ones you sent me. I still have 3 more but I don't know what I want to do with them. Maybe turret my bbb.

#180122 My Turreted Nf

Posted by Nonsense Man on 28 September 2008 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

Ya they were drawn on while waiting for glue to dry. I plan on repainting it or just purchasing another shell.

#180099 My Turreted Nf

Posted by Nonsense Man on 28 September 2008 - 08:54 AM in Modifications

At the time I didn't want it on there but now I regret it. I wish I had an untouched nf shell to build this thing into so I could keep the battery compartment untouched the rail etc.

#180094 My Turreted Nf

Posted by Nonsense Man on 28 September 2008 - 08:31 AM in Modifications

Well I got quite a few pm's about this gun. So I thought I should post the internal pics I took of it.

The gun about to be put back together with everything in place
Posted Image

The back air restrictor showing how I kept the seal.
Posted Image

The front AR all I did there was slowly shave it out with an exacto knife so it would fit the 17/32
Posted Image

The actual turret here you can kind of see the 1/2in(I think though im not sure as I cut the part with the label off for this project) petg I got from my local pet store. I put small stubs into the bottom of the turret with e-tape on them holding the main barrels.
Posted Image

Then here was the final product but I shortened the brass.
Posted Image

#180057 Fall Seno

Posted by Nonsense Man on 27 September 2008 - 10:07 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll talk with the parental units. If so I can get at least 1 maybe 2 friends along with me.

#179991 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Nonsense Man on 27 September 2008 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

#179125 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by Nonsense Man on 23 September 2008 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

Your punctuation and capitalization are horrendous, please fix these immediately. Also have you read this? Please do. And follow it, because you aren't right now. Furthermore, necroing is highly looked down upon here. Especially if the topic is more than a week old. If you have a question that's terribly important for the thread starter, than PM him. ( Or her. I can't really tell ice's gender ) That's what its for.

His bumping of this was fine. The mods and admins will only make you bend over if its about 2 months or older. Also the punctuation and capitalization was fine he started his sentence with a capital and ended it with a question mark. Whats there to hate on?

#179001 Lubing Turrets

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 10:38 PM in General Nerf

Ok thank you :D . Also on a side note what happened to the custom foam you were looking in to?

#178998 Lubing Turrets

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 10:32 PM in General Nerf

I recently purchased some at2k turrets and one of them is kind of stiff to use. I have my silicone spray lube for my guns. I was wondering if it was safe to also use it to grease my turrets? I am thinking it would be fine but don't want to screw up my turrets.

#178997 Freeloaders

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 10:29 PM in General Nerf

Another thing I do is just mainly use stock darts. As I have invested no money into them (as in went out and bought them) as they all have came from purchased guns.

#178992 Snapbow = Superblaster

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

I just prime it before inserting the dart/barrel. As if you put copper wire at the back you have to ramrod the dart the whole way down the barrel.

#178949 Freeloaders

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 08:51 PM in General Nerf

My friends do that I don't find it insensitive. I enjoy nerfing with people. If your going to bitchfit about losing darts it happens and is always going to happen. Darts aren't that easily lost if you actually look and try you can always find the majority of them.

#178946 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 08:47 PM in Off Topic

WoW, HL2 + episodes, Cod4, TF2, and many others. I don't think I could pinpoint my favorite game ever. If I was pressed I would say WoW.

#178907 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

Ya I'm totally stalking you because it would be outrageous for me to be asked a question and answer it.

#178906 Anyone Up For Another Seno?

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 07:28 PM in Nerf Wars

A souther GA war would be amazing. Would probably be a definite attendance for me.

#178897 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

Depends on what kind of tools you have. With a dremel and a metal cutting piece it is easy. Another thing you can do is work at it with wire cutters (just the ones that are like heavy duty scissors)

#178889 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 07:05 PM in Modifications

Well I have never used a recon before so I won't be able to comment on that. But my 9 year old sister was able to cock my nf/ls spring combo.

#178887 The New Hereti Corp. Assault Rifle

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

You could just use a pen spring. At my local ace, lowes, and home depot I haven't seen any springs small enough to function as catch springs.

#178884 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

If it fits well go for it. Another spring that works well inside a LS is a stock NF spring.

#178880 Ls That Funtions Well Without A Boltsled

Posted by Nonsense Man on 22 September 2008 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

Ok I'm not answering the first question. But adding a recon spring with the stock longshot one (if both can fit on the plunger rod) would increase the range. If you are planning on replacing the stock longshot spring with a recon spring don't as it is much weaker (the recon spring). A good LS replacement spring is a spring from a big bad bow or an ar-15 spring.