Kid Flash's Content

There have been 1000 items by Kid Flash (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#357619 Rapidstrike FCG Microswitch Bracket

Posted by Kid Flash on 19 January 2017 - 11:08 AM in Modifications

I can't say that the 2 switch method has ever given me any problems, but I'll give yours a try to see how it does. I'm all about simplicity, so less wires was a nice feature to me.

#357613 Rapidstrike FCG Microswitch Bracket

Posted by Kid Flash on 19 January 2017 - 04:02 AM in Modifications

I just printed one of these, and really wish I was better at understanding it...  I've always wired rapidstrikes with 2 switches, following "Make Test Battle"'s guide.  Is there something gained with this 3rd switch?  I also wish I was better at 3D modeling as I'd like to draw one of these for just the 2 switch design.  haha.  I've been out of here for a while, but when I left you had taken off Slug, good to see that you're back in the hobby.  Looks like I'll run to the hardware store tomorrow for some 4-40 screws.

#329801 EAT Giveaway

Posted by Kid Flash on 14 May 2013 - 12:38 PM in General Nerf

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Poems are hard
So am I

#329800 Cincinnati Birthday Brawl

Posted by Kid Flash on 14 May 2013 - 12:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll most likely be there, and maybe I can talk BrokenSVT into going as well.

#324089 How to make a longshot shell stop creaking?

Posted by Kid Flash on 02 December 2012 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Well, lucky for you I know how to click the search button on here. PM Lucian for how to do the resin stuff. He's the one that started it.

#324084 How to make a longshot shell stop creaking?

Posted by Kid Flash on 02 December 2012 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Someone like a year ago was using a resin to fill in areas of blasters... Might want to search for that, and try messaging them.

#324082 How to make a longshot shell stop creaking?

Posted by Kid Flash on 02 December 2012 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

You could use epoxy putty in some of the empty spaces to make it a bit heavier and add a more sturdy feel to it.

#299830 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by Kid Flash on 13 June 2011 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

Am I the only one that doesn't like the whole "mass produced custom internals"? I mean, they're not custom if everyone has them... If everyone has the same internals in their recon (although it is still a recon, and I wouldn't use it other than for an indoor war) then everyone is going to have the same performance (other than how the darts will fit in the barrels). Just a little confused as to why anyone would purchase this unless they just don't enjoy modding.

#299779 Aluminum AT2K Tank

Posted by Kid Flash on 13 June 2011 - 04:17 AM in Homemades

Looks pretty cool. Glad you got it work!

#299526 Columbus War 3.2

Posted by Kid Flash on 08 June 2011 - 06:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, it looks like I'm not coming after all... I have to work <_<

#299521 and then the soothsayer returned...

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 June 2011 - 11:09 PM in Off Topic

I'm not a fan of the UC nerfing community. At all.

I can order unique things through my connections, but I'm not sure on custom PVC pipe diameters.

You don't like me AT ALL??? :o

I totally just got a frowny face.

#299033 Columbus War 3.2

Posted by Kid Flash on 31 May 2011 - 01:37 AM in Nerf Wars

My Lightning Blitz was actually put on ebay yesterday. I do however have at least one MS clip and I'll be sure to bring whatever else I can find that I want to unload... I'll mainly be looking for cash, but you can ask anyone who was at Cataclysm 2 about my prices. Everything was cheap.

#298825 Columbus War 3.2

Posted by Kid Flash on 27 May 2011 - 11:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I figured I'd post in here since a week has gone by, and we're 2 weeks away. Valor, you'd better be coming. McMaster typically gets their orders to me in a day or 2... I figure it's the same for you. Worst case scenario you bum darts off people. I for one have quite a few that I can share.

#298823 A magstrike reborn

Posted by Kid Flash on 27 May 2011 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

Do not use that can of air... If you hold the can the wrong way for too long while spraying it, it will get VERY cold. This will damage the insides of your blaster. Also, might I introduce you to the macro setting on your camera? Or even the focus for that matter?

#298441 Grenade Launcher

Posted by Kid Flash on 23 May 2011 - 01:10 PM in Homemades

Do they make quarter inch PVC, or if they don't should I use half inch?

Well, for the CPVC, I'd say 1/2 inch... I don't know why you would use pvc. It would slow down the plunger rod, if you want to call it that.

#298424 Grenade Launcher

Posted by Kid Flash on 23 May 2011 - 01:21 AM in Homemades

I'd have to recommend a piece of CPVC with an end cap for a replacement of the wooden dowel. From there you can use a bolt coming out the front (similar to a snap plunger head) and have it go through whatever that ring of your is. That might help with what you said was breaking. Eventually the wooden dowel will strip.

#298406 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 22 May 2011 - 04:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Pros:
  • Not stepping in a bear trap.
  • Meeting tons of people from the interwebz.
  • Noodle being exactly like he is on the interwebz... Pretty quiet and quite indecisive. It was kind of funny.
  • Selling a ton of stuff pretty much dirt cheap.
  • Getting some pretty cool stuff in trades, though they were all small things.
  • This:
    Posted Image
  • Transformers?
    Posted Image

Cons:
  • 7 hour long drive there, 7 hour drive back...
  • Not getting a hotel room.
  • Getting head shots... I didn't mean to, it just happened.
  • Some kid stealing my hopper that I let him borrow...

I hope to see you guys at an Ohio war. We'll try to get one in the Cincinnati area going in the next few months.

#298334 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 20 May 2011 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I get to wake up in 9 hours to start getting ready... Too bad I'm in class for another 2. Looks like I'm going to need to get a ton of caffeine in me so I can stay awake tomorrow.

#298308 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 19 May 2011 - 12:11 PM in Nerf Wars

102 W Fox Rd, Yorkville, IL

This is the liquor store on the corner of the street we're nerfing on and, the corner of the other street you'll need to turn from. Just keep going down Fox Rd. until you see us.

Thanks. Now I just need Wicket to get back to me with where I'm picking him up at.

#298305 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 19 May 2011 - 11:57 AM in Nerf Wars

There really isn't an address. The best I can do is those GPS coordinates. If you put Yorkville in your GPS it should get you pretty close, it's not too far from the city center. If you want to jot down my phone number and call me if you get lost, it's listed on the ning, under this event.

My GPS won't do just a city either... Is there a restaurant or store nearby? Or even a house near there that has an address I can put in?

#298301 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 19 May 2011 - 10:02 AM in Nerf Wars

I see that you have some sort of a gps coordinate on there as well as 2 street names, but I was wondering if I could get the address as well. As far as I know, my GPS doesn't do coordinates, and I'd like to use it instead of google maps since it's a lot nicer when you have it telling you what to do and where to do it instead of looking at a map wondering where the road is that you need to take. Sorry to bother, but I'm just trying to get all set for this war. Also, I guess since we'll have extra room in the car I'll bring a few things to sell (cheap, I might add) so bring your dollar bills. Or maybe fives... I'm not planning on going to the strip clubs.

#298290 How to put rubber bands on Tech Target?

Posted by Kid Flash on 19 May 2011 - 04:34 AM in Modifications

I would recommend mini bungee cords. But, if you're set on using a rubber band, you can put one side though the loop on the pull back handle and then put the other side of the rubber band through the other side of it over the handle. This makes it stay on the handle, and you'll just need to find a place for the other end (which would go under the barrel and above the ammo holders).

#298280 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 18 May 2011 - 07:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Another bump... It looks like BrokenSVT and I will be making it afterall. Getting the oil changed and tires rotated tomorrow.

#298245 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 17 May 2011 - 09:02 PM in Nerf Wars

It's not looking good for me since my friend backed out. It'll get pricey, and I honestly don't think it'll be worth it for me at this time.

#298208 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kid Flash on 16 May 2011 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

Uh oh... someone's getting a mold made out of 6061 via a CNC machine...

Posted Image

#298105 Cheap 18-shot Stefan Clip

Posted by Kid Flash on 15 May 2011 - 01:04 AM in Modifications

Pex is made of polyethylene, so whatever it's size, you won't be able to glue it. Also, I've never seen 1/4" PEX, where'd you get it?

1/4 inch pex is at just about every Lowes... Wicket, nice mod. Taerkitty was talking to me a while ago about doing something like this.

#298048 The Bullpump

Posted by Kid Flash on 13 May 2011 - 08:37 PM in Homemades

Looks pretty neat. Almost reminds me of the larami ball blaster.

#298013 BBB help

Posted by Kid Flash on 12 May 2011 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

If you go to the modifications section, click on the "modifications directory" (which Blue sucks at updating) and look for the Big Bad Bow.

#297973 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 10 May 2011 - 11:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I'll hopefully know tomorrow if I'm coming. It depends on if BrokenSVT or my friend are coming, and if we come we're picking up wicket on the way.

#297907 O.M.S....OverLoad MagStrike

Posted by Kid Flash on 07 May 2011 - 10:46 AM in Modifications

Looks pretty awesome, and your part is in the mail... You should get it Monday or Tuesday. Can't wait to see the video.

#297830 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kid Flash on 03 May 2011 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

Ever get that salvo tank?

Also,
Posted Image

#297811 Columbus War 3.2

Posted by Kid Flash on 03 May 2011 - 05:10 PM in Nerf Wars

If you keep it the same as last war, you'll be fine. If you and Greg end up changing stuff, we'll have to see them fire before it's used in a war. As long as it's reasonable, it can be used.

Cool. That one will be completely the same, and I don't think I'll have a better one by then...

#297808 Columbus War 3.2

Posted by Kid Flash on 03 May 2011 - 03:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I plan on being there as long as you're still ok with my OPRV being lower... If not, I can always use the IMMMMS.

#297717 Columbus War 3.1

Posted by Kid Flash on 30 April 2011 - 12:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Waking up in 4 hours.
Meeting BrokenSVT in 5 hours.
Getting to the war in 8 hours.
Woooo.

#297677 Columbus War 3.1

Posted by Kid Flash on 29 April 2011 - 03:42 AM in Nerf Wars

29 hours and I'll be shooting people... Oh wait, 29 hours and 5 minutes, so everyone can ok my blasters. haha

#297639 Display name

Posted by Kid Flash on 28 April 2011 - 04:55 AM in Off Topic

Is it possible to change your display name?
I ask this because it says that I can view my "display name history" on my profile.

It used to be possible to request a change (and you can still request it, but it won't be done) until someone used that to get out of having negative feedback. I don't remember who it was though... Pretty sure they got banned.

#297496 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kid Flash on 24 April 2011 - 01:52 AM in Modifications

A while back some kids from Australia posted an air compressor powered Nerf Titan. They wouldn't post internal pictures, and wanted 100 dollars to make one. I made this one for about 10 dollars... The titan was 4, the air compressor was 5, and the other little bits and pieces average out to a dollar (other than the plug. I stole that from a junky airsoft gun and will be taking the battery from it as well). Here's my take on it:

(Let it be known that the wires aren't soldered on to the switch yet... but you can see how it would work)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#297417 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 21 April 2011 - 06:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Date doesn't really matter for me. Either way I'm a maybe.

#297335 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Kid Flash on 19 April 2011 - 07:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe. It depends on if I can get someone else from my area to tag along, which I have a buddy who will most likely want to go. I just don't want to drive that far without anyone to talk to.

#297252 Rigged Shotgun

Posted by Kid Flash on 17 April 2011 - 10:55 PM in Modifications

This might have an obvious answer, but after setting this up how do you get out of the room?