el swifto's Content

There have been 100 items by el swifto (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#259123 Breachless Raider/longshot

Posted by el swifto on 15 December 2009 - 10:36 PM in Modifications

Way back in the day, Oompa did a Breechless Deoderant clip. Pretty much what you're thinking of, right?

#235683 Shelia, The Dtb

Posted by el swifto on 11 June 2009 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

Actually, the NF style cocking method can improve ranges by allowing the user to attach rubber bands, bungees surgical tubing, extension springs, etc.

Good job, but its not exactly the greatest or most innovative mod/integration ever.

#213766 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by el swifto on 20 February 2009 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

Its been a while...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The foregrip is pretty messy and ghetto, but its really comfy.

...are these pictures too big?

EDIT: Thanks to FA24 for the writeup for mounting the chainsaw.

#159541 Flag N' Frag System

Posted by el swifto on 17 June 2008 - 07:33 PM in Nerf Wars

1. You could have different colored flags for capturing and lives.

2. ...

3. We use modded weapons at our church wars. Just as long they give a huge advantage.(we have indoor wars so power doesn't make as much of a difference)

4. ...

Anyways, where exacly in your church do you plan to have the war?

#159539 Crossbow Level Site.

Posted by el swifto on 17 June 2008 - 07:20 PM in General Nerf

Found in Groove's Official "Show Off your Crossbow" thread.

There's a link to the original article.

#157442 Universal Range Testing

Posted by el swifto on 29 May 2008 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

Also, while you have your testing buddy out there, have them check to see where the darts actually land.

But I don't think even stickying this thread will completely prevent people from posting outrageous ranges. It's too much work and not really that worth it.

#154277 Oh My Gosh

Posted by el swifto on 02 May 2008 - 04:54 PM in General Nerf

Fixed link

#152872 Reactor Modification.

Posted by el swifto on 24 April 2008 - 12:52 AM in Modifications

You're an animal! Great writeup and excellent mod. You're making a run for the most contributive member of '08.

What would happen if you ramroded the dart? I know that your cpvc is probably too tight, but I'm wondering what the ranges will be. Or did you ramrod them during your range test?

"There you go! A Reactor which shoots balls and darts. Just slide the barrel through the foam piece at the front, and push it into the coupler. It would be hard to change to the dart barrel in the middle of combat, but atleast it’s possible. Range with balls are about 10-15’ without ball roll, and darts consistently clear 65’, some landing as high as 85’, mainly depending on the dart. The majority of mine landed at around 75’."

^ranges

The cpvc barrel is removable, so he wouldn't have to ramrod it.

EDIT: Oops, my bad. I've seen someone drill holes in the barrel before the tip so that air exits before the dart, preventing the dart from fishtailing. I guess I assumed that was what you did...

The fixed picture
Posted Image

#152843 Reactor Modification.

Posted by el swifto on 23 April 2008 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

"Now start sanding out the hole until it’s big enough for a CPVC coupler to fit. Somewhere along the way this (http://img98.imagesh...ture1428rz5.jpg ) piece will fall off, which in turn allows the rubber plunger head to fall off, but it can be super glued back on later. After it’s big enough, cut a 13” long CPVC barrel and put it through the front part. Attach the CPVC coupler to it at the end, and push the coupler about half way through the end black piece (the piece you drilled a hole for the coupler). This is to ensure it’s straight. piece will fall off, which in turn allows the rubber plunger head to fall off, but it can be super glued back on later. After it’s big enough, cut a 13” long CPVC barrel and put it through the front part. Attach the CPVC coupler to it at the end, and push the coupler about half way through the end black piece (the piece you drilled a hole for the coupler). This is to ensure it’s straight."

^Picture needs to be fixed. Otherwise, nicejob, as always. I especially like how it retains the original ability to fire the balls.

#151230 Sm750mav

Posted by el swifto on 15 April 2008 - 12:03 AM in Modifications

The real problem is getting the turret completely turned before the tank fires off, and getting the tank to open up a good amount so more air can burst out, rather than leak out. I had an idea of using some sort of semi-strong elastic on the trigger, strong enough that it won't stretch while the turret it being rotated. Then, any extra pull after the turret it completely lined up, the elastic could stretch and that extra room could be used to open the tank valve.
Problems include finding the right material, figuring out a way to attach the trigger to the tank so it opens only after the elastic starts to stretch, and you might need to replace the elastic every now and then since it will wear down over time.

You could probaly do this with fishing line. however, it would take quite a bit of tinkering and perfecting to get it just right.

EDIT: you probably do something like this with the pump in back.

#149211 Petg Breech?

Posted by el swifto on 03 April 2008 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

If you're lucky enough to find PETG at your local aquarium/pet shop, their PETG is like brass, it slide right over eachother. Get 9/16ths, it's the same inner diameter of 17/32 brass, and use 5/8 as the breach mover thing.

They sell PETG in pet shops? Where do you live? Can you find it in big pet stores like Pets Mart?

#148939 Pvc And Air

Posted by el swifto on 02 April 2008 - 08:11 PM in Homemades

What kind of pressures do you plan on using in this gun anyway. 40? 50?

He hasn't decided yet, as it says in the first post.

If it is "pounds per square inch", then PSI with air should be the same as with water.*

*Disclamer: I don't this for a fact, but it makes sense.

#148937 Possible New Sticky

Posted by el swifto on 02 April 2008 - 08:06 PM in Site Feedback

What would be better would be a directory of gun repairs, kind of like the Modifacation Directory.

I.E. go to directory> look for "Airtech 2000"> Click in link>

"Using the transparent tube in the back as an airtank
Why it failed:
The tube leaked air
Suggestions Solutions:
Replace transparent tubing with an airtank made of PVC OR cover up the leak"

Or like NerfMonkey said, just not have one.

#147082 Taggers In 1/2in Pvc

Posted by el swifto on 26 March 2008 - 10:58 AM in General Nerf

I have modified my sm1500 with pvc/crayola barrels and have found a problem. I can fire stock suction cup darts with amazing reliability and consistancy but when i use taggers i get misfires, tail spins and generally poor ranges but only every other shot or so. the other shots are perfect. this leads me to believe that there is a way to make them work but im missing somthing.

any thoughts on whats wrong with the gun or the darts or if it simply doesn't work are appreciated.

thanks

You could try wrapping etape around the tip. One layer, part on the dart head, part on the dart body.

Posted Image

#146511 A Friendly Reminder

Posted by el swifto on 23 March 2008 - 09:11 PM in Site Feedback

Well in my case I actually do have a little brother that has an account with the same IP and such, does that mean that I'm in violation?
Or are you just talking about newer members that have "little brothers"?
I do have clarification from various mods that he does in fact exist.

I'm just checking to avoid both of us being banned.

Skitzo-

Well, you could just share an account....

#146082 Deodorant Clip Question

Posted by el swifto on 21 March 2008 - 01:11 AM in Modifications

Or, like the longshot clip, you could add a spring instead.

Also, another deoderant clip

#145875 Airtech 1000 Modification

Posted by el swifto on 19 March 2008 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

I don't see any of the pictures. It says, "This image or video has been moved or deleted"

Good job! It looks very clean.

#145761 Semi-dtb

Posted by el swifto on 19 March 2008 - 12:20 AM in Modifications

So you hooked up a 2k to a paintball tank, and put in place of the stock internals?

Nice job.

#145755 Nitefinder Stock?

Posted by el swifto on 19 March 2008 - 12:04 AM in Modifications

This has a stock in it, but its kind of small and a bit awkward.

You might want to try a variation of this, like with the stock and using the cpvc tee to cock it.

#145727 Titan With A Maverick Turret

Posted by el swifto on 18 March 2008 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Link

^ The link.

#145631 Longshot Clip Problem

Posted by el swifto on 17 March 2008 - 11:23 PM in Modifications

This happens when you add another spring. The bolt is pushed foward by the extra spring. You fix this by sanding down the back of the dart-catch things.

There have been many threads on this before. Next time, search.

#145608 Air Powered Ls I Need Help

Posted by el swifto on 17 March 2008 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

If you want a clipped air gun, use a recon instead. Its not worth wasting a $30 longshot.

#145602 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by el swifto on 17 March 2008 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

I use 1/2" FBR for 9/16" brass and crayola barrels and then I use 5/8" FBR for 1/2" PVC and CPVC

How in the fuck do you get a mega dart in CPVC?! Most cant even get micros in without a struggle.

There is also 3/4 in cpvc. I've seen it at ACE, but I haven't tried it.

#144801 Plunger Tubes

Posted by el swifto on 11 March 2008 - 09:28 PM in Homemades

kbarker used PETG tubing as a replacment for the plunger tube in hisNite Finder Rifle.

Next time, search.

#144350 Bbb Mod Help

Posted by el swifto on 08 March 2008 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

Open it up, cut out the air restrictors, get a crayola barrel, wrap it in e-tape if needed, and put the crayola in the stock barrel.

#140127 Rolling Mag

Posted by el swifto on 14 February 2008 - 12:59 AM in Homemades

A Drum Magazine. Your rolling mag seems to be a primitive drum magazine.
the rolling mag should be in a spiraling design. Not a circular drop, which is what your design appears to be.
A spiraling drum might be a lot more efficient, if you want to increase capacity, but you'd need to choose your spring carefully, too strong and your ammo will smoosh, too weak and you won't be able to fire.

However, with a spring that long, you will defineitely run into those problems

#138892 Nf Crossbow Style

Posted by el swifto on 05 February 2008 - 10:30 PM in Modifications

True, I meant that it would not be as likely to be in the directory if it was similar to another mod.

#138890 Titan Help

Posted by el swifto on 05 February 2008 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

Ok, I got it open and fixed it. The part connecting it to the pressure gauge broke off. Thanks any ways.

#138888 Nf Crossbow Style

Posted by el swifto on 05 February 2008 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

I like it! Very Creative! 85' is damn good too. I think that this should be added to the modification directory. How strong is the stock? I just wondered if it was flimsy at all.

The only problem is that its almost the same as kbarker's nite finder rifle. I like yours anyways, man. Nice job.

#138498 Titan Help

Posted by el swifto on 03 February 2008 - 11:59 PM in Modifications

Yeah. I couldn't open my titan up so I just sawed off one end, and connected it throught the stock pump shaft.

The pump's not the problem though. The seal still needs a little patching up, the leak I'm getting is alot bigger. and not from there.

Messing around with the pressure gauge seems to affect the rate of air leakage.

#138485 Titan Help

Posted by el swifto on 03 February 2008 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

Ok, so I was doing the "one pump titan" mod on my titan when I ran into a problem. When I pump it a few times, all the air leaks out. Usually the air stays in at one pump.

I'm guessing I have a leak some where along the line.

Any help here?

#137750 Increasing Nerf Gun Performance

Posted by el swifto on 29 January 2008 - 08:38 PM in Homemades

This thread will be devoted to information on all factors that affect a nerf "blaster"/gun's performance.

This is also applicable for modifacations.

Please contribute; the information you provide will be edited in as soon as I can get to it.

This is not just for my benefit; it is also for anyone who needs help with homemades/modding.

Thanks in advance!

*info to be edited in as we go*

ROF versus the range of your gun, plus any integrations that increase effectiveness through ROF or power.

The Basics

Spring replacement(spring gun only)
Ar removal
Barrel replacement
Plug Pump(Air gun only, not in every circumstance)

Spring info

Air Guns

psi= Pounds per Square Inch
more psi=higher velocity
more air = more power
longer barrels allow for more pressure to be built up
longer barrels= more accurate

Thanks to:
Scotch, OfAllTheNerf

#136700 The Snap-5

Posted by el swifto on 20 January 2008 - 11:48 PM in Homemades

I gotta clean out my sig...I'm maxed out, as the hidden URL characters count towards the maximum.

Maybe you could put a link to "SNAP seires"....

#136553 Mega Nightfinder

Posted by el swifto on 19 January 2008 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

I hate to break it to you, but your mod is not original at all. Its all been done. Good job anyways. Ranges?

edit: Your description sounds like you're selling it on ebay.

#136040 Since A Bunch Of You Want A Trap

Posted by el swifto on 15 January 2008 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

Looks like dart attack's front gun intergration for the longshot...

#134975 Nerfing In Make Magazine?

Posted by el swifto on 04 January 2008 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

Theres a list of acronyms on nerfwiki, but it's still down.

#134495 Adding Another Spring To The Recon

Posted by el swifto on 31 December 2007 - 03:01 AM in Modifications

I was kind of hoping you would get better ranges though....

How hard is it to cock?

#134300 Where Do I Get Springs?

Posted by el swifto on 29 December 2007 - 01:16 PM in General Nerf

Here is a thread on spring size.

Most people go to ace or home depot for springs, depending on what gun its for. Some people buy them online. Use the search function.

#134299 Rf 20 Bladder

Posted by el swifto on 29 December 2007 - 01:11 PM in Modifications

I don't have much experience with air guns or the rf20, but you might be able to fix that with some epoxy or other adhesive.

#134274 Cpvc Turret

Posted by el swifto on 29 December 2007 - 03:18 AM in Modifications

This is even better because you can adapt it for other barrel materials, too.

Good job!