Bonzipon's Content

There have been 47 items by Bonzipon (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#218506 Singled Recon?

Posted by Bonzipon on 17 March 2009 - 06:50 PM in Modifications

Okay, so I singled my recon, and I can say now, that with a crayola barrel, and pen mod through the first part of the plunger tube, (Piece behind the original barrel. Two parts. Part one, before the AR's; Part two is after the AR's.) I've been getting consistently better ranges than with a stock breeched recon.

Of course later I just cut the whole PT assembly off and glue the O-Ring setup from the end of the PT to a barrel material of my choice. Which was some sort of aluminum pipe that fits my megas perfectly. I do have to ramrod the stefan down. but it gets across my entire 50ft. basement with little to no drop. And I'm talking little. Like. 2 inches at most little.

Here's a link to my thread about how I singled it the first time.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=15348

#212963 Snap Rifle

Posted by Bonzipon on 17 February 2009 - 12:31 AM in Homemades

Christ, everyone is making a SNAP but me..

I am the most hardcore cold survivor, because I live in Nothern Manitoba, and yesterday was -32* and today was -39* So HA!

Back on topic, How much would the parts to make a SNAP cost? Ordered from McMaster into Canada..

#212370 Intense Indoors Recon.

Posted by Bonzipon on 15 February 2009 - 04:25 AM in Modifications

Hmm, although I cannot get any barrel materials anytime soon, I will look into buying a nightfinder. Hopefully they still sell them at WalMart.. Thanks for the powerstock idea.

#212262 Intense Indoors Recon.

Posted by Bonzipon on 14 February 2009 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

Hmm. Okayy. I'm still not understanding what you meant at first, hehe. Sorry.

Okayy.
So I got pictures and all, now it's a matter of finding my camera cord. One thing I noticed is when I had the recon opened up was the ammount of dead space. If I had barrel material I would try this. But thinking back to Carrtoons' Tec-9 (I think) I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it work best if you had just a barrel instead of a whole mess of useless tube(Dead Space) before the barrel. So basically all you would need to keep would be the piece that attaches to the bolt sled. Which you would cut to have a cm or so on each side. Then just have your barrel running through the gun, replacing all the dead space. The rig up some way to attach the plunger to the end of your barrel. The gun would need a ramrod to load it, but I am pretty sure that by eliminating all that space, it would improve ranges tons.

Sorry about the big idea post. I truly would do it if I had access to supplies, but again, the only materials sold in this town are markers. <_<

I could draw up a paint image if you would like. It's really quite a simple idea to grasp.

#212176 Intense Indoors Recon.

Posted by Bonzipon on 14 February 2009 - 11:04 AM in Modifications

Thanks man. But I can't exactly do many mods to this thing. We're in Flin Flon, and they don't carry ANY good modding materials. That's why you will never see my guns with anything more than a CRAYOLA for a barrel. Sometimes I am lucky enough to find a spring. Such as a Party Popper spring, but that was way too powerful for any of my guns. However, I totally forgot about the spring compression mod. Now I have 3 things to do when I next open it up. Pen mod to eliminate dead space, frlt on the plunger head, electrical tape to compress the spring. Oh! And more importantly, internals pictures! :lol:

#212147 Intense Indoors Recon.

Posted by Bonzipon on 14 February 2009 - 02:26 AM in Modifications

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Boss18, I don't quite understand what you're getting at. A screw as a handle? Off to the side, or straight out the back? The latter would be difficult to cock the gun with, and the other would require odd dremeling work to be done to the stock, I would suppose. But maybe I am just not understanding your idea.

#212072 Intense Indoors Recon.

Posted by Bonzipon on 13 February 2009 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

I guess so, it was really only my laziness kicking in. I seriously did not want to use my dremel anymore that night. The dremel was need in so many places that I don't want to see a dremel again in my life. :P

#212068 Intense Indoors Recon.

Posted by Bonzipon on 13 February 2009 - 07:06 PM in Modifications

The keyring stay put where I want it, and when I cock it back with the stock on, it just pushes off to the side. It's actually easier to use than the slide when it doesn't have the stock on, with which makes the rear-cocking useless and impossible. Which is why I kept the slide cocking. But I got tired of having my sight push off of the slide when pushing the slide forward again. So I thought that little part up.

#212048 Intense Indoors Recon.

Posted by Bonzipon on 13 February 2009 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

This is my recon for which I use downstairs, or as a last resort for in the summer when outdoors. Out of 1 clip of six plus 1 dart, the lowest range was 37 and the highest was 41. Ranges are using converted streamlines.

Now, onto the overview.

Let's start with a photo, shall we?

Posted Image

Basically, the things that let the clip work broke. So I singled it with a CRAYOLA barrel. These mods don't use much other than tape, and a keyring, glue, and a pen. However, it does require extensive use of a dremel or some other sort of cutting/sanding tools.

Basically, there were 4 things that I did to this gun to make it what it is.
- I singled it. Simple enough. I intend to do the pen mod to it when I next open it
- Made the clip remain useable
- Made it cock it similar to a nightfinder without removing the ability to cock it with the cocking slide.
- Drilled a hole in the stock to accomodate the new cocking method.
The first one was easy enough. I just took my crayola, dremeled it out, hot glued it to the original barrel. To finish it, I wrapped a layer of etape around the crayola, and a small part of the original barrel. When I next take it apart, I’m pen-modding it. Here’s a picture.

Posted Image

Next thing on the list is the clip. When the pieces to make the clip broke, I was sorely disappointed. So I thought up a way to make it useable on a singled recon. I basically dremeled out some grooves to match the large pieces of the clip. Now it can only come out a millimeter at most. However, it was difficult to get this to work right, because I had to keep testing the fit, so as to not be overzealous in my widening of the reciever pieces. Some pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now to explain how I made it cock differently. First, I unscrewed the back of the cocking rod. Then, I got a larger screw. Make sure it sticks out at least 2-3mm. Get your keyring and wrap the tape in a way so it won’t fall off. Wrap the tape around the rod where the screw goes through. When you’re done with that, just put the screw in and tighten it up. Make sure the screw goes all the way in. It should look something like this when done.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now all you have to do is drill a hole in the stock with a Hole Saw Bit ( I believe that’s what it’s called.)

Posted Image
It looks like this when the gun is cocked. Goes right into the stock.

Posted Image

Thanks for looking. If I get enough requests, I guess I will try to make an actual write-up. Though no promises. I opened and closed this thing enough times to last me a lifetime.
Questions? Comments? Flames?

P.S. Sorry for the pictures. They were taken with my webcam.

EDIT>> Sorry, boltsled didn't break. Other pieces did.

#203642 Nerf Firefly Rev-8 Help!

Posted by Bonzipon on 15 January 2009 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

Okayy now. It's simple. Use different darts. Everyone knows that FF darts aren't the greatest in the world. Use stefans if you can. Or even CDTDs' Albeit, that would still require you to either buy new darts, or possibly paint them? And if you can only use stock darts, buy taggers. Buy them in the 30 pack, or even the 100 round box, I hear.

Uhmm.. I think you need to mod your turret to use Taggers though.. Which mods have been done to your gun? If any.

I will look for the thread and post it up if I can find it. Maybe in the Mods Directory..

And if you don't want the flash no matter what, just take out the batteries.

Edit>> Okayy. So I can't find the link. But I'm pretty sure you just need to do a simple AR removal. Simple as that. Though judging by pictures in other threads you may have to cut off the orange piece? Just based on speculation however.

#170114 Which Longshot?

Posted by Bonzipon on 17 August 2008 - 09:04 PM in Modifications

And with it being a better paintjob, people are more likely to pay more for the quality look. However I can see lots of people willing to buy a black blaster. With that statement, i too would agree and say sell the black one, keep the green one.

#149472 Crayola Barrel Coupler

Posted by Bonzipon on 05 April 2008 - 11:44 AM in Modifications

It's not your mod because mine uses the cap to have replacable preloaded barrels so that it acts as a quick reload sort of thing. That's the difference.

#149470 Grinding?

Posted by Bonzipon on 05 April 2008 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

Maeric: Yes I kept it in but I took out the rest of the AR.

Captain Slug: HaHa. The humour is erupting from my mouth.

Groove: Now you have seen the day. Is't it pleasant?

#149357 Crayola Barrel Coupler

Posted by Bonzipon on 04 April 2008 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

Oh, suggestion on the pictures. If you need a closeup of a part like a marker cap, hold the camera further away and zoom in. It can only focus on things beyond a certain minimum distance away. Alternatively, your camera may have a macro mode that you could utilize.

Wax: Thanks for the tip, I don't usually use camera's, so I'll be sure to ask my sister if this is possible.

Both Wax and Bomberman: It is quite sturdy, but I have noticed that after many, many uses, the barrels get worn down from replacing them repeatedly. It makes it easy to reaload which is basically what I was gunning for. Just carry around X ammount of Crayola barrels and your set.

EDIT>>> Quote acted wierd, so I fixed it.

#149354 Longshot Question/problem

Posted by Bonzipon on 04 April 2008 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

Oops, sorry I must have missed that.

#149350 Longshot Question/problem

Posted by Bonzipon on 04 April 2008 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

I have a recon and this problem happened to me, I think. It is caused by the dart going over the dart tooth instead of being pushed into the bolt. I opened it up and discovered that the spring was not on its' platform, so I just adjusted it and now it works fine. With the longshot though, you may just want to reiforce the spring, and make sure it is in the correct position. Just try this before you do something that might ruin your gun.

#149344 Crayola Barrels

Posted by Bonzipon on 04 April 2008 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

OK, I will look around. Thank you all for your help.

#149333 Crayola Barrel Coupler

Posted by Bonzipon on 04 April 2008 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

Earlier today, I decided it was time I put something up for the NERF community to see, so here it is.

You will need:
a marker and the cap
a screwdriver
a knife or a dremel
tape

Okay, so you start with your marker.

Posted Image

Take off the cap and save it for later. You may want to mark the end that attaches to the marker.

Posted Image

Make your crayola barrel with the exception of cutting off the front piece.

Posted Image

Make sure it's smooth on the inside, you may want to grind out a bit with a knife or a dremel.

Posted Image

See the tip of the cap... That has to go.

Posted Image

Take ether a screwdriver of a knife to it and make it nice and smooth on the inside. DO NOT GET RID OF THE PART THAT ATTACHES TO THE MARKER!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Take you tape and wrap it around the part of the marker that will be at the front of the barrel. Be sure to leave a couple millimeters's or 1cm. NOTE>>> I didn't, and it makes a very messy barrel tip. Insert the Crayola CAP into the barrel. Now you can clip in any Crayola barrel with the tip on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please don't post while I put up some pictures of before and after the Crayola coupler was added.

Sorry for the larger pictures.

Here's before the coupler inserted.

Posted Image

And here's a few after pictures, some with me displaying the barrel capabilities.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It can use darts.

Posted Image

But, it can still use arrows, too.

Posted Image

Thanks for reading and I hop you all like it.
Comments, Praise Criticism?

#149322 Grinding?

Posted by Bonzipon on 04 April 2008 - 04:43 PM in Modifications

You can feel it grinding, but it doesn't really make cocking hard. I have pretty much quit using my BBB (one day old) until I have it fixed. I have just checked, and it all fits. I am seriously hoping that it is just the effects of a new gun being worn in.

#149308 Grinding?

Posted by Bonzipon on 04 April 2008 - 03:58 PM in Modifications

I know pictures would make this alot easier ,but, at the moment... no, I can't get a picture on account of my sisters mad at me and won't let me use her camera. <_< I'll try to get a picture, but I have no clue if I will be able to.

EDIT>>>> I got pictures, but sadly they were really blurry and you couldn't make out the damage done.

#149301 Grinding?

Posted by Bonzipon on 04 April 2008 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

Well, I recently bought a BBB at my Canadian Tire and did a basic AR removal/drilling, and my creation, I think ,the Crayola Coupler. I intend to make a write-up for the Crayola Coupler unless anyone else has heard of or done it before. I have noticed that, even after the relatively small number of times that I have fired my gun, the "pull back mechanism" (what it's called on the box) is being wore down. I have searched and searched for reinforcements but can't find any. Is this ecause it is only happening to me? Thanks in advance.

BonziPon

#149285 Crayola Barrels

Posted by Bonzipon on 04 April 2008 - 01:12 PM in General Nerf

The thing is my parents are sketchy about internet purchases because they're afraid of getting scammed. Well, if I can talk them into letting me make a purchase, then I will definetely buy either PETG PVC or copper. Which would you suggest for mega stefans (5/8" variety) ?

#149127 Crayola Barrels

Posted by Bonzipon on 03 April 2008 - 05:47 PM in General Nerf

they don't carry that type of PVC. They only carry the black stuff. I understand your thinking, but, with the FBR they only ordered it because they already carried it, just in differents sizes, whereas with PVC it would be ordering in a whole new product.

#149099 Possible New Ammo?

Posted by Bonzipon on 03 April 2008 - 03:37 PM in General Nerf

Okay, I guess it all makes sense. Thanks for answering my questions. I have recently ordered in some FBR from my (sort of) local Home Hardware and it came in, so I won't be buying these.

#149096 Crayola Barrels

Posted by Bonzipon on 03 April 2008 - 03:25 PM in General Nerf

Carbon and Twitch: I don't know if it makes a difference, well I guess it does, but in the washables markers that I'm trying to do this with I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have flanges but sharp long pieces of plastic that looks nothing like the pictures you have provided Twitch. When I try to put my darts in, they just scrunch up a little. . From the link to that mod I can't tell what kind of innards are in the marker used. Should I drill them out or try a different type of marker?

CaptainSlug: Seriously, Flin Flon has no stores. Our Wal-Mart is the only store that carries NERF guns, our Home Hardware only just got in one bag of FBR because I made a special order (after they rejected me the first time because my dad wasn't with me...) and they only carry the giant black PVC commonly used for potato guns.

#149053 Possible New Ammo?

Posted by Bonzipon on 03 April 2008 - 09:51 AM in General Nerf

Is it more of a rubber or just a dense foam then?

#149052 Crayola Barrels

Posted by Bonzipon on 03 April 2008 - 09:49 AM in General Nerf

I have no other barrel material available, so I have turned to crayola markers. I use the washable kind so does that matter, because I am only getting about half an inch of usable barrel. I can't find any writeups using the search function and I'm really troubled. How do you guys get your crayola's so long? In the pictures they look like a whole marker. Do you take them or what?

#148850 Possible New Ammo?

Posted by Bonzipon on 02 April 2008 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

Ok. As for the "grenade ammo" what would you all say of that, on account of it's a sphere and not a tube shape, I've heard of the drag being crazy and that's why ball guns suck, but I have no clue how that all works. Shine some light anybody?

#148847 Possible New Ammo?

Posted by Bonzipon on 02 April 2008 - 03:53 PM in General Nerf

They are a plastic/rubber? It looks and sounds like they are a dense foam like that of a stress ball. Hmmmmm.

#148843 Possible New Ammo?

Posted by Bonzipon on 02 April 2008 - 03:49 PM in General Nerf

Well, they open a lot of opportunities, such as not only usings darts. For example a pistol would have the pistol rounds and a rifle would have the rifle rounds, whereas with darts all guns use the same ammo. Technically it's a plus side, but what I'm trying to get at is that it's something new, and not everyone has the available resources to make stefans' or CDTDs'. It's just an idea anyways.

#148837 Possible New Ammo?

Posted by Bonzipon on 02 April 2008 - 03:26 PM in General Nerf

Jollex, what is that for?

The site also has working grenade launchers that shoot large rubber balls to a claimed 20 ft. average. Some rifles on the site also shoot small rubber balls. If you want links to any items I can post them.

Edit: Spelling error

#148835 Possible New Ammo?

Posted by Bonzipon on 02 April 2008 - 03:20 PM in General Nerf

This is taken off of a site called kapowwe.com, here is a link to the ammo. http://www.kapowwe.c...ed&Store_Code=R

Related Item(s)

Posted Image

12 SOFT BULLETS EXTRA AMMO
Code:1-1-128
Price: $4.95

Edit: photo didn't work the first time.

#143482 Recon Barrel Replacement Idea

Posted by Bonzipon on 02 March 2008 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

Hmmmmmm, haven't thoght of that. I'll take that into consideration.

#143455 Recon Barrel Replacement Idea

Posted by Bonzipon on 02 March 2008 - 02:48 PM in Modifications

Well, in my thinking, having a loose barrel but not as loose as the stock extension would increase range by having less room for the air to leave, thus propulsing the dart farther than normal.

#143453 Recon Barrel Replacement Idea

Posted by Bonzipon on 02 March 2008 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

I understand that during the time when it was three of us on one account, we have made many new topics and then left them to die. To all the moderators out there hating me or being annoyed, I'm sorry. It is now just me on this account.

On to the mod.

I have noticed that there is a lot of exess (sp?) room in the barrels of the new(ish) Recon CS-6. I have read about barrel replacements going badly for people and actually decreasing ranges. Well, maybe they just messed up something, or made the barrels too tight. So I decided to make a barrel mod that still had some looseness on my darts. I drew it up on paper, but I have no scanner so I made a cheesy little diagram with no measurements on MS Paint. Also, would it be possible for my to make a barrel long enough for this out of crayola markers? The reason I am asking is because it is the only barrel material that I have. All the stores near me do not carry the right sizes of pipe. If anybody knows where to get some decent sized pipe in Flin Flon, then let me know where, because I can't find any.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So there it is, what do you guys think of it. Thanks in advance for your criticism, comments, or help.

BonziPon

#143315 Longshot Modification.

Posted by Bonzipon on 01 March 2008 - 01:21 PM in Modifications

This made me want to buy myself a longshot, seriously. I can't though, considering my very "In-My-Face" lack of funds. Oh well, it's very well built and thoroughly explained. Clean writeup.

BonziPon

#143314 Flash Flood Mod

Posted by Bonzipon on 01 March 2008 - 01:12 PM in Modifications

I have a flash flood water gun, and it only takes 24-30 pumps, depending on how much water is in it. Just thought I'd let you know. By the way, you can convert almost any water gun to a nerf gun. As an added bonus, if you do it right, you can change it back and forth between the two if you really wanted.

BonziPon

#143313 Recon Front Gun Mod

Posted by Bonzipon on 01 March 2008 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

That's pretty sweet. In fact, a modular integration is a very awesome idea. If I had a longshot I would definetely do that to my recon laser/light thing. Did you mention the range in the posts because I never saw it. Maybe I'm just too tired.

BonziPon

#143311 Recon Shoulder Stock Rebuild With Spring Integration And Shotgun Mod.

Posted by Bonzipon on 01 March 2008 - 01:02 PM in Modifications

Beautiful. Clean. Nice paintjob. Good write-up. I will certainly be doing this sooner or later. I have searched all through the forums, and this has got to be the best recon mod so far.

BonziPon

#143310 Lancer

Posted by Bonzipon on 01 March 2008 - 12:58 PM in Modifications

Oh my god, that's beautiful. There's only like two things that I would have changed. Or maybe they are already changed, but I couldn't tell from the pictures. If I did something like that it would have no electronics because I have no clue how to work that stuff. I say that this is now my favorite of your mods, even above the eyes of fire. Congrats on making a beautiful gun.

BonziPon