bjack's Content

There have been 35 items by bjack (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#120151 Nf+sspb, A Different Way.

Posted by bjack on 17 August 2007 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

I'm actually thinking of gutting a PPK and putting the SSPB in it by itself for two reasons:

1. SSPB's are extremely accurate and have great range.

2. It's really difficult to fire an SSPB accurately with the configuration of the trigger.

I don't know why but i like air powered guns way more than springers.

#119410 P90 Helix Ramp Mag

Posted by bjack on 13 August 2007 - 04:09 PM in Homemades

Piney ended your topic because you said that if you didn't know anything about P90s then don't post and this site isn't about real guns its about Nerf guns, not because we didn't know anything about them.

#118902 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by bjack on 08 August 2007 - 10:40 PM in Off Topic

1. Fight Club
2. Fight Club
3. Fight Club
4. Fight Club
5. Fight Club

#118125 Please Help

Posted by bjack on 03 August 2007 - 01:05 AM in Homemades

If your still worried about air capacity how about turning the stock into additional air tank?

#118102 Tiny Check Valve

Posted by bjack on 02 August 2007 - 10:27 PM in General Nerf

I recently went to a Kmart and bought an "Ultimate Dual Action Pump" to use in a homeade i have been designing. But when i got home i realized that it didn't work, so i decided that before i returned it i would have a look inside and thats where i found a check valve that would work perfectly for an air tank system. It could fit on a penny and does its job really well. So if theres anyone out there in need of a small check valve stop by Kmart and pick one of these up. The whole pump set was 4$, and in my eyes its worth it.

#117931 Please Help

Posted by bjack on 01 August 2007 - 07:36 PM in Homemades

Boom13, correct me if I'm wrong but that would make an effective check valve, a ball valve releases air while a check valve lets air in but not out or vice versa.

#117847 Longshot Help

Posted by bjack on 01 August 2007 - 12:46 AM in Modifications

Yeah I know that, but I would rather just eliminate the streamlines from the equation. Do you know how to make normal stephans fire well in the LS?

#117842 Longshot Help

Posted by bjack on 31 July 2007 - 11:30 PM in Modifications

I recently took all of the air restrictors out of my LS and added a stronger spring and it works great; with the darts that it came with. I can't get any stephans to fire further than two feet and all other Nerf darts always get jammed in the gun. Is there anyone who knows what might be the problem? Thanks.

#117568 Sspb

Posted by bjack on 29 July 2007 - 08:49 PM in Modifications

How do you plug the pump on an SSPB? Theres no write up.

#117451 Sspb

Posted by bjack on 28 July 2007 - 05:55 PM in Modifications

No, I didn't plug the pump and yes i pump it until it doesn't take any more air? Do you think i should plug it and if so how? I don't think that i would have as problem pumping it.

Also, do you know what the effective barrel length is?

And yes, it is sealed

#117398 Sspb

Posted by bjack on 27 July 2007 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

I recently bought a few SSPB's and tried both of the mods in the directory but both times i got a decrease in range. They look exactly as the ones in the picture but they don't work at all. Can someone try and help me out please? Thanks.

#117190 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by bjack on 25 July 2007 - 10:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I just joined as BJack if anyone's near me pm me.

#116936 Night Warfare

Posted by bjack on 23 July 2007 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

I accidentally shocked myself once with a flash charged camera. I couldn't move my arms for about 10 minutes but there really weren't any lasting effects.

#116876 True Ppk Nitefinder?

Posted by bjack on 23 July 2007 - 12:43 AM in Modifications

Thanks a bunch Thom I'm gonna order a few.

#116850 True Ppk Nitefinder?

Posted by bjack on 22 July 2007 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Yeah that is what i meant sorry about being unclear, but unfortunately i looked at a whole bunch of toy stores today and i failed to find an SSPB or and AT2K so I'm stuck.

#116844 Valve Help

Posted by bjack on 22 July 2007 - 09:16 PM in Homemades

Yeah thats actually what I've been designing for the breech but I'm still working on the specifics, all i really need is to figure out this valve.

#116744 True Ppk Nitefinder?

Posted by bjack on 21 July 2007 - 11:14 PM in Modifications

Even better could you use a secret shot?

#116732 True Ppk Nitefinder?

Posted by bjack on 21 July 2007 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

Alright so I always liked the way that Nerfer34's PPK NF looked but i think that the barrel sticking out takes away from the PPK look. Would it be possible to take out all of the internals of a NF and just put an AT2K in it using where the plunger tube used to be as the barrel instead? I think this would look much more like a real PPK and also be much more balanced then the version with a 6" barrel.

Oh and just for the record, the reason that I posted this question instead of trying it out is because i don't have an AT2k to try it out with, but if anyone would like to donate one i would be glad to try it out. ;)

#116731 M.p.p.v.p.g. (mass Producable Piston Valve Pneumatic Gun)

Posted by bjack on 21 July 2007 - 10:18 PM in Homemades

Oh, I've actually made a gun using this concept. It fired great, but for some reason the piston wouldn't always retract when it was supposed to, which resulted in a loss of pressure and thus a loss of range. I could never figure out the problem.

#116712 M.p.p.v.p.g. (mass Producable Piston Valve Pneumatic Gun)

Posted by bjack on 21 July 2007 - 07:04 PM in Homemades

I don't understand what the ball valve on the top of the gun is for. ;)

#116544 Valve Help

Posted by bjack on 20 July 2007 - 01:26 PM in Homemades

When do you plan on having yours finished?

#116403 Valve Help

Posted by bjack on 19 July 2007 - 12:15 AM in Homemades

Oh thanks, I actually didn't even think of using a turret design like that. And yeah maybe I'll go out and buy an AT2K and try that too. Thanks.

If anyone else has ideas I'm still open to suggestions.

#116391 Valve Help

Posted by bjack on 18 July 2007 - 10:28 PM in Homemades

I've been working on a semi-automatic gun and everything has been going well except for my valve. I have a perfectly air tight tank that can hold up to 70 PSI from 25 - 30 pumps from a bicycle pump. I originally tried to use Dr. Nerf's valve design, but I've found it almost impossible to get the seals airtight. Does anybody have any ideas as how in just one pull of a trigger i could release the air from a firing tank and keep any more air from flooding the firing tank while the trigger is being depressed?

And while im asking, any ideas for a trigger activated breech?

#116354 Need Help With Maverick Swinning Barrel Mod

Posted by bjack on 18 July 2007 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

If you can use a dremel because i tried to do this at first with a knife and gashed myself pretty bad.

#116350 The Minimizer

Posted by bjack on 18 July 2007 - 04:40 PM in Homemades

I've put a lot of thought into it and im pretty confident that you could make one of these guns using regular PVC. 1/2" endcaps fit pretty snugly into 1" 200 PSI PVC, so the endcaps could be used for the plunger head and the 1" 200 PSI PVC could be what holds the plunger tube. You could use PETG or brass for the barrel/plunger rod. And 1 1/4" PVC fits nicely over the 1" PVC. Does any body see any problems using these materials to make this gun?

#115947 Ignore

Posted by bjack on 15 July 2007 - 10:30 PM in Modifications

Thanks.

#115842 The Minimizer

Posted by bjack on 14 July 2007 - 11:06 PM in Homemades

Oh I get it now. At first I thought that the barrel stayed stationary and that didnt make any sense to me. Thanks.

Carrtoon do you plan on posting a full write up for this gun?

#115729 The Minimizer

Posted by bjack on 13 July 2007 - 10:25 PM in Homemades

It still makes no sense to me.

#115727 How The Hornet Works

Posted by bjack on 13 July 2007 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

I used to have an air rocket that worked on this exact same concept. I tried to tear it apart and make it into a homeade but that never worked and i wrecked a perfectly good air rocket.

#115590 Semi-auto Air Tank Design

Posted by bjack on 12 July 2007 - 03:58 PM in Homemades

Im not sure yet. I was comtemplating different ideas and i was thinking just using a simple sliding breech and either a gravity fed or spring fed clip just to see how the gun functions and if everything works out go into production of a feeding system that just uses the trigger. Does anyone have any ideas on how i could achieve this goal?

#115493 Semi-auto Air Tank Design

Posted by bjack on 11 July 2007 - 09:46 PM in Homemades

Alright so heeding Shadow's advice i drew up a new design for the gun. Once again feedback would be nice. Thanks, especially to Shadow for his advice, and Dr. Nerf and Captain Slug for their designs.

Posted Image

#115431 Semi-auto Air Tank Design

Posted by bjack on 11 July 2007 - 12:34 PM in Homemades

Well i whipped up this design in paint in like 2 mintutes yesterday and just didnt draw in the valve to the barrel. I figured that it was implied. But i agree that 200 PSI is a little much that was just a number.

#115386 Semi-auto Air Tank Design

Posted by bjack on 10 July 2007 - 10:23 PM in Homemades

hah yeah thats already happened to me. Thanks.

#115382 Semi-auto Air Tank Design

Posted by bjack on 10 July 2007 - 10:15 PM in Homemades

Hey does anyone think that this idea for a semi-auto nerf gun would work? Thank you.

Posted Image

#115375 Homemade Check Valve

Posted by bjack on 10 July 2007 - 10:02 PM in Homemades

Hah for like the last 2 weeks i was trying to figure out how to make a good working check valve and i finished mine right before this was posted. Mine used the same basic idea except i went to ace hardware and pick up a 1/2" threaded to 3/8" barbed brass fitting a 1/4" ball bearing and i used a pen spring. My idea worked well too. If anyone wants details on my check valve just let me know.