Illadar's Content

There have been 126 items by Illadar (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#95514 Crossbow Help!

Posted by Illadar on 28 November 2006 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

I had the exact same problem with my bow a few years back. The problem, like Cmdrmack suggested was infact the barrel was to tight. You might be able to check and see if this is what is up with yours by putting a dart in the main portion of your barrel and leaving it a few days, then test firing it.

#92923 Happy Birthday Groove!

Posted by Illadar on 24 October 2006 - 09:32 PM in Off Topic

Happy Birthday man. You need to post some more of your work, cause of how that stuff is wildly cool.
Oh and an aside, having to be 21 to drink would suck.

#89445 11 Year Old Children Should Not Posses Or Play With Airsoft Guns

Posted by Illadar on 10 September 2006 - 12:35 PM in Off Topic

Now why do I remember reading that the off topic section was for non-war game stuff, not just non-nerf.

#86184 Interesting Finds In Tru

Posted by Illadar on 31 July 2006 - 03:42 PM in General Nerf

I noticed the Tech Target, in old style and new colors at my TRU here in calgary as well. This makes me wonder, if this type of Tech Target is only going to show up in Canada, and if that is the case, if we will ever see the Scout style TTG.

#82328 Fbr, Backer Rod

Posted by Illadar on 25 May 2006 - 11:13 AM in General Nerf

Just a point of interest, I'm pretty sure we in the NIC are the only people in the 'verse who call it "FBR" which I'm going to guess only came into use cause of type lazy people, like every other acronym.

#82310 Nerf War/assassins On Fox9

Posted by Illadar on 24 May 2006 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

When ever I see videos on Nerf, I get some what exited, well exited might not be the right word for my response but that was certianaly interesting. Sam, were you on the news broad cast at all, if so then which one were you? On a slightlty unrelated note, and this seems like as good of place as any, how do people go about starting an assassin game?

#81545 Revival!

Posted by Illadar on 08 May 2006 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

Not knowing too much about modding, aleast of the source engine, would .max files be of any use, because if they would then I could be of some use. That is to say, assuming . max files can be converted into what ever the source engine uses then I would be willing to help out.

#81516 I Want My Old Nerfhaven Back!

Posted by Illadar on 08 May 2006 - 06:14 PM in Site Feedback

On the same topic, assuming it is in the works, its there anything I can do to help restoring the soothing blue of awsome-ness.

#81024 Photography

Posted by Illadar on 30 April 2006 - 07:05 PM in Off Topic

Unless im shooting digital, I always shoot in B+W.

A very sound policy, if I do say so my self.
Now I will go and silentaly curse my 35mm for buggering its self up.

#80506 Nerf Assassin Game Tactics

Posted by Illadar on 20 April 2006 - 09:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I just hope you guys smile as much as I do when you realize you are hunting humans.

Thats why I'm a sexual predator.

But on a lighter note, depending how your straight up nerfing skills are, you may want to consider engaging your enemies in open environments in which your nerfer dodging can be brought in to play.

#80231 New Forum Code, Oh My!

Posted by Illadar on 17 April 2006 - 08:44 PM in News

So can we like... set up an Attack barrier, to screw the bastards next... unless they went through a Defense barrier. Enough Ghost in the Shell references, what I'm really posting about is: How close to the Haven that we all know and love will this be with the new version of invision. Are we talking like exact clone, that the average(me) won't even notice, or will the differnce be apparent.
And its good to see that the ole loser filter still works.

#79699 Bbb Troubles

Posted by Illadar on 12 April 2006 - 03:10 PM in Modifications

NerfNewbie get the hell out of my country, we are a open welcoming nation, now get the hell out.
Now I'll just wait to see if I get counter flamed, but seriously NerfNewbie, I was going to offer a helpful response till, I saw that sig. Change it, your giving all of us a bad name, well that is assuming your Canadian, if your not thats just creepy as hell.
Edit: Black Wraith beat me to it, although that is still deeply troubling, if it had said we were better than the states, I wouldnt be nearly as troubled, but Mexico well thats just wrong.

#79243 Search Feature @ Nerfhaven

Posted by Illadar on 09 April 2006 - 01:05 AM in Site Feedback

I choose the "oil" option, because, well quite frankly there have been all of maybe 5 times in the last year (that is to say April 8th 2005) that I have been compiled to search for something. Most all of the time, when I run into a Nerf related problem I can generally sort it out on my own. When the problem baffles me or I simply remember a thread that I want to re-read or now have reason to contribute too, I will search for it in Google via the nerfhaven search plug-in. I find that the plug-in works far better than the search function, which seems to have it in for me and my computers.

#78716 It Needs A Name Darnit!

Posted by Illadar on 04 April 2006 - 12:31 PM in Modifications

AND SCREW YOU MY FOOT ISN'T FUGLY!!!!!!!!

Thats what you should name it.

#78415 Combos Thread

Posted by Illadar on 02 April 2006 - 12:56 AM in General Nerf

I'll creepy out of my lurking to contribute to this thread, although I think there may have been another on this subjects some years ago, what ever.
I generally use my CrossBow and a side arm, for which I mostly use my NiteFinder or my TTG, but recentally I have been useing my crossfire Which is a great gun, mostly because I can cock it one handed. When we are playing pistols only I will use one of the above menchent side arms and two or three darts in my left hand.
And all our wars are outside, thats probibly worth noting, since people seem to be stating which guns they use inside/outside.

#74956 Who Are You?

Posted by Illadar on 02 March 2006 - 06:56 PM in General Nerf

I would have voted "God on earth" but then I noticed that, that wasn't a catagory.

But joking around aside, Ompa are you legaly allowed to nerf inside at all or is that banned to. That and were is Brookfield?

#74785 New Gun? (videos)

Posted by Illadar on 01 March 2006 - 09:30 AM in General Nerf

I had some sucsess making shells for the double-shot, which as far as I can tell has the same shells. I made them by taking a piece of PVC and using a disk sander to shape it in the right shape, it ejected fine from the ds but the dart didn't seem to want to shot. I think it might have been because of the shape of the end of the PETG in the shell and how with the real shells they have the tiny ridges on the back of the shell.

#74093 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by Illadar on 23 February 2006 - 11:11 PM in General Nerf

Well that is all and very cool, but when Groove said "it's like a real clip." Does that mean that it uses a spring to advance each dart into the blaster, if so how did they solve the problem of darts crushing?

#73812 Vidio Games

Posted by Illadar on 21 February 2006 - 07:56 PM in Off Topic

Pac-man all the way. A real man's game! :w00t:

No. Nerf is a real man's game.

Everything dulls in compairison to a good war.

#73606 Vidio Games

Posted by Illadar on 19 February 2006 - 07:04 PM in Off Topic

My favorite games are roughly as follows:
-Morrowind
-Dawn of War
-Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines
-Myst V
There are some more, but those are the best.

#72602 The End Of Night Finder Production?

Posted by Illadar on 07 February 2006 - 05:33 PM in General Nerf

I think it is more likely that they are simply replacing the stock in the stores rather than getting rid of the NF all together, why design a new color set for a gun your replacing. It just doesn't make economic sense.

On a side note Dys70pia do you wnat to be a really cool guy and switch avitars, just for the sake of claritiy?

#71955 The Sexbow 2.0

Posted by Illadar on 30 January 2006 - 08:01 PM in Modifications

Very nice, the metalic blue and red look really sharp. The crispness on the lines for the flames is also very well done, the Krylon Metals paint is a good find. On a side note how is the paint holding up and what kind of sealant did you use.

#70604 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by Illadar on 07 January 2006 - 09:41 PM in Off Topic

The only image I got was my pre hack NHQ avi, but when I looked a web results I was the first one and then the others we're people on lame video-game/MMOG forums, weird cause it both used to be all me and I thought that "Illadar" is a fairly unique name.

#70575 Please Read: Spherical Ammo.

Posted by Illadar on 07 January 2006 - 01:49 PM in General Nerf

In my experance aluminium isn't a very good barrel because it has a tendance to dent, the last time I used it, it had dented several times just bringing it home. I suppose it would be fine if you could get it thicker though.

#70560 Nf In A New Color Scheme

Posted by Illadar on 06 January 2006 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

Cool.
I know that they released a French Nf color scheme with silver and a red barrel, I would like to know the context in which you found this.

#70471 Range Testing?

Posted by Illadar on 05 January 2006 - 01:32 PM in Modifications

Most people hold their guns level with the ground but you can hold it at an angle how ever its is a good idea to note which when reporting range.

#70466 New Dart Design

Posted by Illadar on 05 January 2006 - 01:26 AM in Homemades

^^I'm liking this guy already.(EDIT:After reading another one of noodtermie's post thats retraced)
Though this does sound better than most of the other "I've designed a newdart that is better in every way to a stephann but no one loves me so if all of you had braines you would start making darts my way!!!111!!"
This idea of flag darts reminds me of some experiments I was doing one involded making net darts that were launched shotgun style and were tied together, the other was making a shotable objective for a game like bombing run in unreal tourny.

#69905 Open Letter To New Members And Admins

Posted by Illadar on 26 December 2005 - 09:28 PM in General Nerf

What if there was a system here to make it that new member couldn't post for a few day. The idea is that it would week out the majorate of real newbs who generally do all their dumb stuff in the first few days of their membership before they get banned or just leave. I one problem that I see with this system is that people might register just to respond to a thread, but it would force people who care to read the forums more before they can post.

#69645 Check My Gui Enhancement

Posted by Illadar on 20 December 2005 - 11:04 PM in Off Topic

So uh, whats in the blurred folder?

I just have a simple TuneUp Utilities GUI on this computer and on the other one I have a alienware GUI. I don't have pics of each though...

#69474 Unreal Tournament Motherfucker,

Posted by Illadar on 18 December 2005 - 05:20 PM in Off Topic

I play UT04 sometimes, but I removed it to save space, though if I had a good reason(Haven UT...) I could be convinced to install it on one of my machines.

#68628 Holster Draw

Posted by Illadar on 30 November 2005 - 06:19 PM in General Nerf

I'd say the question speaks for its self. I personaly have been exparimenting with holster sides, I'm building a holster for my right and I have one for my left (differnt guns).

#68023 Mav20

Posted by Illadar on 19 November 2005 - 11:25 PM in General Nerf

Well you couldn't make it auto rotating using the mav mech, because the hexagonal bit that fits in to the turret on the mavrick has six position and there are ten pairs of barrels on a Rf20 turret, because 6 doesn't go cleanly into 10 you would have to skip shots. But a 4k turret would work fine in you in effect, made it double barreled. Oh and if your interested you welcome to the barrel off my fucked 4k or 3ks...

#67946 Bayonet

Posted by Illadar on 18 November 2005 - 07:55 PM in Homemades

Why do I think that your thinking of another thread, namely Stefan Shotgun Shells.

#67943 Bayonet

Posted by Illadar on 18 November 2005 - 07:42 PM in Homemades

I was thinking of puting a bayonet on the homemade rifle I am making. I am going to make it out of cpvc covered with pipe insulation.

Or you could FUCKING SEARCH.
That is what literaly 10 seconds and 2 clicks found.

#67835 Why

Posted by Illadar on 16 November 2005 - 09:40 PM in Off Topic

why

Because I feel Because I feel secure enough in my manly-ness to have no need to play with “realistic” toys in “realistic” “simulation”, more over I feel no need to try and convert people to my sport out of some feeling of arrogance. Perhaps a better question than “why not Air soft???” is “why not piss the fuck off”

Oh and no disrespect meant to those of you who air soft and also Nerf or who aren’t generally fuckcakes. And why don’t we have some thing that you have to read when you register that tells people not to do this sort of shit.

#67745 Computer Help

Posted by Illadar on 15 November 2005 - 09:54 PM in Off Topic

In the first picture PCI slots are the white things at the bottom middle, they are used for expantions(tv cards that sort of thing) they also house graphics cards and lans. But I have know idea about PCI express...

#67738 Traps.

Posted by Illadar on 15 November 2005 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

I don't know if I can be constrewed as a vet but it doesn't strike me as reallistic, and if it happened I would doubt the skill of the people he was playing against. That and I'm not so sure as to what he said happened, I think that what he was getting at was that he fired from one window of his house to another or some such.

#67647 New Fun Ammo

Posted by Illadar on 14 November 2005 - 07:26 PM in General Nerf

Well acording to Wikipedia Nestle Smarties were interaduced in 1937, and m&ms were intraduced in 1940.

#67621 New Fun Ammo

Posted by Illadar on 13 November 2005 - 11:56 PM in General Nerf

And Boxes.

Posted Image

#67342 The Shoes Heely's

Posted by Illadar on 08 November 2005 - 11:17 PM in Off Topic

Edited out because of some very good points a few posts down.(Ninjz's point that is)
But they do piss me off when, some idiot is using them at school between classes in a hall with 1000+ people in it.