NinjZ's Content

There have been 938 items by NinjZ (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#139150 Rival Games

Posted by NinjZ on 07 February 2008 - 04:02 PM in Off Topic

Hello all. Some of you may remember me, some may not. Just wanted to drop in and plug my current project:

#89256 Longshot "shotgun" Foregrip

Posted by NinjZ on 07 September 2006 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

You should sell mod kits for this.

#89083 Kapowwe Airsoft Nades

Posted by NinjZ on 05 September 2006 - 07:54 AM in General Nerf

I team mate owns a few of these grenades. I'm almost posative the grenades will not fire small stefans far enough to be practical. Also of note, they arent totally reliable and arent 100% reusable. New parts need to be bought after every 1-3 uses.

#88236 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by NinjZ on 24 August 2006 - 05:58 PM in General Nerf

So, why were you buying two carts full of guns again? And... which store were you at that had two cart-fulls of guns?

Stocking up :P .

I love how he assumes close mindedly that you were buying them for yourself. You could have been getting them as presents. I would have asked to speak to the manager.

#87747 Holsters: Right Or Left Leg?

Posted by NinjZ on 17 August 2006 - 10:05 PM in General Nerf

Why would you crossdraw from a drop-leg holster on the opposite side of your dominant hand? The point of the drop leg holster is so you have room to draw the sidearm from your dominant side. You only crossdraw when you holster your sidearm on your belt or stomach.

#87335 Drum Feeds

Posted by NinjZ on 13 August 2006 - 10:03 PM in Homemades

3DBBQ's drum magazine is gravity fed and feeds the darts in from the top of the blaster. If you plan to have a drum mag at the bottom of the LS it will require a bit more work. Also keep in mind each dart is in its own "barrel" when in the magazine so 3DBBQ's design wont really work for this application.

#86431 Nerf "grenade Rounds"

Posted by NinjZ on 03 August 2006 - 05:42 PM in Homemades

I suggest using a compass and sketch out circles on the craft sheet, then cut it so it's perfectly circular.

#86059 Think Geek!

Posted by NinjZ on 30 July 2006 - 11:09 AM in Off Topic

Greatest, thing, ever!

http://www.thinkgeek...s/warfare/750a/

#85471 Starcraft?

Posted by NinjZ on 21 July 2006 - 05:51 PM in Off Topic

It's far from the best RTS ever. The only way to be good at hte game is to be fast enough to pump out just one unit and zerg. No real tactics. WCIII was a large step up but still suffers from a lot of the sme problems. SC is still one of my facorite games though, I just would dclare it "the best RTS".

I'm waiting for StarCraftII....

#85288 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 18 July 2006 - 04:27 PM in Off Topic

CYMA guns are in no way as good or better than Marui AEGs ever. Parts, quality, and construction will never be anywhere neer that of a Marui. Airsoft is an expensive sport, you get what you pay for. Save your money. You should save a bit more and get one of the UTG brand AEGs if you just HAVE to have an AEG now. Like I always say, save your money now and have no regrets later.

#85286 What Are Good Ranges For A Modified Nf?

Posted by NinjZ on 18 July 2006 - 03:48 PM in Modifications

Those ranges are great for a crayola barreled NF with no bands. Stefans should get your more range.

#85225 Semi Auto

Posted by NinjZ on 17 July 2006 - 02:01 PM in General Nerf

I have two. They were the very first "airsoft" guns I bought when I was like 12.

#85216 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 17 July 2006 - 12:31 PM in Off Topic

Even if he was refering to the spring, it's very timely and bad for your AEG to keep breaking it down to swap a spring in and out.

#85205 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 17 July 2006 - 10:34 AM in Off Topic

Lastmanalive, please stop pretending you play/know anything about airsoft. Motors have absolutely nothing to do with the FPS of an airsoft gun. The only thing they can affect is the ROF and the amount of torque to pull the piston back ( for use on stronger, higer FPS springs ).

#85203 Semi Auto

Posted by NinjZ on 17 July 2006 - 10:29 AM in General Nerf

LastManAlive, if you are even going to try to help, know what you are talking about. I also cant even understand 80% of your post

"2. From what I understand, you want to know how to use the technology in an airsoft spring pistol, in a nerf gun. The answer you will get, is this: The people of nerf HAVE been using those methods. The guns are only larger than some airsoft guns because they have a large payload. They need a larger barrel, plunger and casing to launch a dart at the distance that they can."

To my knowlage, there are no NERF blasters that use the above method as posted by you or myself. Care to enlighten me? As I already said, the airsoft gun he has doesnt use air to fire the bb. It hits it with a pin. I dont know where youre getting this idea of it having a plunger tube and all since it was stated thats not how the above pistol works.

#85177 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 16 July 2006 - 09:32 PM in Off Topic

Dont waste your money on any of the really cheap battery powered guns. Most of them will burn out or break very quickly if they dont come broken to being with ( wich is common ). If you want to get a springer just to messa round with get one of the UTG brand shotguns ( only fires one bb though ) or springers. Their shotguns will shoot .20 gram bbs REALLY strait plus they have a hop-up unit wich most springers dont.

#85176 Semi Auto

Posted by NinjZ on 16 July 2006 - 09:28 PM in General Nerf

It's probably not an airsoft pistol. There is probably a pin that strikes the bb to fire it down a fake barrel ( similar to most NERF blasters that have a "barrel"). It's not considered airsoft unless air pushes the bb. It cant be modded to fire a NERF dart nore can the technology be adapted for NERF.

#85157 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 16 July 2006 - 03:37 PM in Off Topic

There is no best airsoft gun. They are all the same really. The only real difference is barrel length and magazine capacity. The cheapest rifle sized AEG you will find is the Tokyo Marui FAMAS at $205 depending where you look. A lot of newbies get an SMG sized gun or a pistol wich I dont suggest. While you can get by in outdoors play with the SMGs, it's still better to have a gun with a longer barrel for the same price or slightly more. I also wouldnt suggest the low priced "eat shit-r" rifles a lot of sites sell. Most of them only shoot 300-400fps wich is NOT high enough for snipi-ng.

I suggest you go to www.hotspotairsoft.com and look through their AEG section. More specificaly, look at the Tokyo Marui ( TM ) and Classic Army (CA) brands. UTG offers some VERY cheap beginner AEGs, but I would suggest saving the extra $50-$80 and get a TM.

#85144 I Need To Own Some Stuck Up Airsofters

Posted by NinjZ on 16 July 2006 - 01:01 PM in Off Topic

If you want it to be accurate at all, youre going to need to buy a hop-up chamber and airssoft barrel from an airsoft site or store. After you do all that you should have just bought a cheap GBB. Real airsoft guns cost more than $70. If this is what your friends have, then they arent real airsofters.

#85012 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 14 July 2006 - 08:34 AM in Off Topic

What do you mean turning their FPS up on you? Airsoft guns dont have adjustable power like paintball guns...

FPS and gear dont matter. In airsoft it's all about tactics. Most of the people on my team and many people in airsoft itself play with stock guns.

#84969 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 13 July 2006 - 04:22 PM in Off Topic

The FAMAS has an awesome rate of fire but it feels too plasticey for my tastes. Most of the ones ive seen get body creaks very quickly.

#84932 Turbo Wheel V3

Posted by NinjZ on 13 July 2006 - 10:38 AM in Homemades

By the looks of the video, that thing has some power to it. Whats 3DBBQ's website with all his homemades on it?

#84925 Questions

Posted by NinjZ on 13 July 2006 - 05:23 AM in General Nerf

The cash is always sent first. If you are buying the blaster, you send your money then they send the blaster. If someone is buying a blaster off you, they send the money first. It's just like using ebay. I also feel the same way about trades, but some people will want to have both items sent at the same time.

Shipping depends on the size of the blaster and where they live. 2 day priority shipping is usually around $4-15 depending on the size, weight and distance of the package. The bigger it is, the more money. The heavier it is, the more money. If you have to send it to the other coast, it's usuallya bit more.

#84839 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 12 July 2006 - 02:00 AM in Off Topic

AE/ICS MP5s will run you about $230-250 depending where you look.

#84838 Longshot Is Even Cooler

Posted by NinjZ on 12 July 2006 - 01:36 AM in General Nerf

I dont know about 100', but the tube does seem pretty big. Things are looking up for the LS now. I'm still going to wait untill Ompa or someone gets their hands on one before I make m final decision.

#84787 Damn Those French!

Posted by NinjZ on 11 July 2006 - 01:38 PM in Off Topic

Nore does someone have the right to say such things to someone. When you say things like that, you're asking for it. Keep in mind this comming from a very passive person when it comes to things like this.

#84786 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 11 July 2006 - 01:33 PM in Off Topic

....It's a full upgrade as in systema M120 spring, metal bushings, systema standard ratio steel gears, area1000 ploycarbonate piston and piston head, systema spring guide, new shim job and proffesional installation. $185 is very fair...

#84735 Damn Those French!

Posted by NinjZ on 11 July 2006 - 06:48 AM in Off Topic

I concur with Taita, the French player was taunted by racial/religeous comments from the Italain player which were quite uncalled for.

#84732 Longshot Is Even Cooler

Posted by NinjZ on 11 July 2006 - 04:00 AM in General Nerf

My original thoughts that this blaster wont be much modded are even more reinforced now. To get the most maximum range form this, a barrel will need to be glued directly onto the plunger rube, sadly sacraficing the better point of this blaster, the magazine. However, all is not lost. Since there is an opening on the top, a bolt action breach could be fabricated into the gun. I am also pretty sure from the pics shown and AT2ks or Sm1500s can be intagrated into this gun for extra shots.

#84639 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 09 July 2006 - 05:30 PM in Off Topic

Haha, you could go small game hunting with a HIGHLY upgraded airsoft gun shooting metal bbs, but that only happens overseas in countires where real firearms are banned to civilians.

Stateside, no one shoots that hot. I know on the eastcoast atleast, most organised wars have a limit of 500fps for bolt-action and semi-auto only rifles. Automatic rifles have a limit of 420. This is all using a .2g bb. Also 500fps isnt as powerfull as you would think.

eat shit-r rifles can be pretty accurate, but with the 500fps limit it makes them almost useless. Your average engagement distance for a normal AEG is about 100'-150' for outdoors play. A 500fps rifle shootinga heavier round ( for accuracey ) wont go much farther than a 420fps AEG with a tightbore barrel. Also throw in wind and other obstructions ( leaves, bushes etc. ) makes the eat shit-r rifles even more useless.

Any decent brand airsoft gun will have adjustable hop-up. This whole arcing up thing you are talking about is stupid as the hop will be adjust for a flat flightpath...

Yes with all the metal ( specially the G3 ) it's pretty damn heavy. My arms were sore after every practice for a few months untill I got used to it. But for the most part, most full metal guns arent that heavy ( for an adult ).

To all those buying springers, dont ever expect much from them. Most of them are crap and sites selling them wont state this. The ones that arent are still pretty pathetic in quality. The UTG line of springers and AEGs are pretty good for starters. Even if they are a bit out of your budget, save up. Better to save your money to get somthing of quality than spend it on somthing cheaper and crappy that you will want to replace almost immediately.

#84603 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 08 July 2006 - 05:24 PM in Off Topic

The gun IS black, the photos are missleading. The only part that is not black is the metal part of the stock that connects to the body ( the original stock body of the Marui G3-SG/1 is grey, the metal kit is black ). Havent gotten around ot painting the grey part yet.

Tokyo Marui SG/1 - $285
410 fps full durability upgrade w/ installation - $185
Metal body - $135
Metal Cocking tubes - $65
RAS kit - $125
Vert grip - $19
RIS pannels - $30
Real HK scope mount - $80
Aimpoint replica - $30

So that equals out to over $900. Expensive yes, but the gun itself and the upgrade was a christmas present. Everything else I bought and installed myself. I also bought the things over time, not all at once. I am the Light Machine Gunner for my team. The gun still sint done though. Still need to put in a tightbore barrel and get a grenade launcher for it.

Funny thing is, theres no eat shit-rs in airsoft either. With FPS limits on feilds, snip-ers shooting 500fps dont have a very big advanteve over an AEG shooting 420 with a tightbore. Plus the ranges you play at dont let snip-ers really snip-e. Really the are Marksmen, but still nothing an AEG cant do.

#84539 Any Airsofters Here?

Posted by NinjZ on 07 July 2006 - 06:35 PM in Off Topic

I am 90% airsoft now, 10% NERF ( I still love NERF though, you can never just leave it ). My team travels anywhere from 2-8 hours for any given airsoft operation. By operation I mean large scale ops (100-300 people), not just two teams going at it on a paintball feild.

My Primary is a full metal G3-SG/1 fully upgraded to 410fps. My secondary and CQB AEG is an MC51. My sidearm is a WE hi-capa tactical master:

G3-SG/1 - CA metal body, cocking tubes, RAS and RIS panels. HA C-mag, NCSTAR aimpoint replica, HK mount.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

MC-51:
Posted Image

#84500 In Need Of X-bow Help

Posted by NinjZ on 07 July 2006 - 02:32 AM in Modifications

You know, I never even gave that nub any thought. The only reason I see it being there is to reduce the impact when it hits the end of the plunger tube. It will totally work without that, might even get some extra force now but probably not a lot. Like you said, just epoxy somthing round and flat on the end to keep the rubber gasget from falling off. I would also glue a bit of foam craft sheet or somthing on top of the repair peace you glue on. This will reduce the horrific sound the new peace will make as it slams into the plunger tube. It might even make the Crossbow very quite. Good luck and report back when you fix it as I am interested to see how it works without the nub.

#84497 My Super 2k

Posted by NinjZ on 06 July 2006 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

Yea, with ranges of 150' you could have easily used a 90 degree coupler and still had awesome ranges.

#84483 Lnl Question

Posted by NinjZ on 06 July 2006 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

Leave it, it doesnt really even block the air. leaving it will also give the plunger somthing to stop on instead of wacking the barrel. It will also keep the dart form getting sucked back into the plunger tube. If you want, drill a hole in the middle part of it, but I suggest leaving it.

#84468 Behold!

Posted by NinjZ on 06 July 2006 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

By the size of the stock/fake airtank, the air bladder seems like it's rather large.

#84391 Fireworks Pics

Posted by NinjZ on 05 July 2006 - 05:49 PM in Off Topic

When I use my old manual camera I shoot most everything at 5.6 unless im trying to get a very shallow depth of feild or a very wide one. It's nice to always have some fading. Although, this doesnt matter too much for nighttime shooting of fireworks.

#84087 Maverick Mod Question

Posted by NinjZ on 30 June 2006 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

You did somthing wrong and it could be a few things. Did you put the discs that the barrel poles are on back into the turret? Check your seals. You need to glue the new barrels onto said discs. Go over Bagheads write up throughly.

#84083 Congratulating Ninjz

Posted by NinjZ on 30 June 2006 - 07:34 PM in Off Topic

This thread isnt really needed. I still play regularly with my friends around town. I'm just trying to thin my arsenal down of things I dont need. Helping is just one of my quirks(sp). If I know about somthing and can offer somthing that hasnt been said or reinforce somthing that has been said, I will. Thanks though :lol: .

#84072 Rubber Band Arrowstorm Mod?

Posted by NinjZ on 30 June 2006 - 05:38 PM in Modifications

It's probably an internal banding you read about. I'm not sure if it's possable, but it could be. With my ArrowStorm I just opened it up, stretched the plunger gasget out a bit and lubed it a bit. The ArrowStorm doesnt really need any banding plus I dont think it could really handle it in the long run.