Lynx's Content

There have been 925 items by Lynx (Search limited from 01-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#297361 Columbus War 3.1

Posted by Lynx on 20 April 2011 - 04:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Checking into the forums. I'm not going to be there due to previously planned activities.

#296074 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Lynx on 15 March 2011 - 07:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry I'm missing out on this one Simon Pegg!

#293755 The Magnum War Of January Ohio Nerf

Posted by Lynx on 02 February 2011 - 08:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I wish I could be there. That is all.

#289729 Has Anyone Ever Made A Homemade Automatic Or Semi Automatic Guns?

Posted by Lynx on 02 December 2010 - 10:00 AM in Homemades

Yes.

#289082 Ohio Winter Break War

Posted by Lynx on 27 November 2010 - 12:43 PM in Nerf Wars

The 11th is best for me.

Am I the only one who doesn't like this park though? It would be sweet if we were all the size Lynx and used stock guns or darts, but I find it too tight to navigate easily, and too small for primaries. The fort aspect just encourages headshots, too.

When I have been there for wars, the weather has always killed some blasters and nothing really shot over 80 feet with consistency. The fort play can be mitigated with a good selection of teams and objective based gameplay.

So far, it sounds like it'll be on the 11th and I'll miss it since I'll be in DisneyWorld for the National High School Grade Level Chess Championship...

Also, Kid Flash and chop, please specify dates.

#288980 Ohio Winter Break War

Posted by Lynx on 26 November 2010 - 07:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Address: 2405 Wickliffe Rd.
Columbus, Ohio 43221

DATE SET: DATE NOT SET/WE NEED TO FIGURE THIS OUT
Options: Dec 11th/18th/19th, Jan 1st/2nd

Time: Try and show up before 9:30, and start at 10:00. Going until we freeze our asses off, about 4 or 4:30.

Rules/Regulations:
Don't be a fucking douche wad: Nerf War Etiquette & Talio's relevant post
Bring lunch, water, nerfing supplies (guns, darts, eye wear) and warm clothing. No questionable gear unless deemed okay by the group (this includes pain, ranges and looks of blasters/clothing and whatever you all want). It IS winter so darts hurt more on skin and you ARE in a smaller area. We will do a few different game types that contours to the field such as a modified HvZ, lava (don't touch the mulch), plenty of CtF and assault plus the standards.

Participants list:

Possibilities:
Lynx- 18/19/1/2
Travis Touchdown- 11/18/19/2
Coop- 11
boisie- 11/18/19/1/2
Hipponater- 11
minsc- 11/18/19
Kid Flash- (WHEN)
chop- (WHEN)

Location pics:
The field:
Posted Image

The castle:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#287530 Nerf In Snow

Posted by Lynx on 26 October 2010 - 09:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Winter war back in '08 in Columbus at a war in Upper Arlington. T'was very nice. Bitter cold, windy, everyone's blaster's sucked and most people had 1 piece of damage to their blasters.

BUT IT ROCKED!

Bunch of rushing, tacticool shit and a good mood. 1 bad round spoiled the day, but looking back, t'was nice.

#287529 Haunted C.o.w.

Posted by Lynx on 26 October 2010 - 09:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I'll be there with my 2k, NF, and a pile of darts.

#286757 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Lynx on 10 October 2010 - 02:41 PM in Off Topic

Add me.

My steamid=Lynx, but for my community website deal its mocfanlynx

#285192 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Lynx on 09 September 2010 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

Well, it's been a while, and I notice the lack of participation. Right now, dc12volt and I are the only ones nerfing diseases, and I think that's a shame. Lets get back on this guys!

#279975 Lazer Kraze, Cincinnati, Ohio.

Posted by Lynx on 11 July 2010 - 06:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be going with the kid from Wo-town (Coop). This place rocks.

If anyone is on the fence of going: This place is made of the 90's. It fucking rocks.

#279973 "what'choo Talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

Posted by Lynx on 11 July 2010 - 06:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I would, but can't. Got a prior engagement.

Don't hurt yourself kids.

#279972 Competent Supervision Required

Posted by Lynx on 11 July 2010 - 06:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Fun war.

Pro:
Cinci-fags actually are pretty cool guys.
4 on 4 nerfing with a great venue. Pretty chill.
Still have a good amount of darts.
2k wasn't faceshot-o-matic.
Awesome hat-cam videos.
20 welts and 1 bloody scrape on a dive/roll.
Funny collision with BuffDaddy to end the 1st 1 flag ctf push.

Cons:
4v4 is fun, but that playground is best with 5's and 6's.
We get bullied off that playground...
My 3k still is temperamental.
The dive/roll didn't yield any kills.
Some shots looked like they hit, but didn't and some hit, but I was all, "I could call it, but they didn't feel it... so...meh" about it. This brings me to my last con:
I was a dick. I trash talked when everyone else was relaxed and having a good time. I am better than that, sorry guys. (note: Sooth's last con)

#279864 Competent Supervision Required

Posted by Lynx on 09 July 2010 - 06:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh yeah... A nerf war?!?

Exact copy of my text to Cooperdoop and PV:

"HOLY SHIT! Guess who just realized, "Nerf war tomorrow"?

Me!

That is all."

EDIT/UPDATE:

No guests, 3k works (suck it, Coop), I got up unnaturally early (6) and I'll be there early on my bike.

Quick question: You fuckers ready to nerf?

#278967 Columbus War 2.1

Posted by Lynx on 29 June 2010 - 02:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I can't make it as I will be out of state for that weekend.

I might send my friends, depending on how they act...

#277736 Cincinnati Nerf War At Lazer Kraze, June 11th.

Posted by Lynx on 14 June 2010 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah...40 people showed...

About 15 of them were absolutely new to nerf and about 5+ more of them (including me) were new to the facility so we had problems with running/douchebaggery.

In all reality, a pretty damn good 4 dollars spent and I want to do it again. Hopefully, next time we'll have a cap on new nerfers/new to this facility and tickets sold. That place can handle 40, but the signs of overcrowding were popping up...

30 nerfers playing at anyone time and a better understanding of how to behave while nerfing is needed to make warring there great.

#277735 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Lynx on 14 June 2010 - 04:26 PM in Nerf Wars

The war was fun.

11 people total, 10 at one time since Cooperdoop raged the shit out of his PO-er...PAS.

Chill war, my 2k is rigged, and I got 99% of my darts back. I call that a success.

#277734 Competent Supervision Required

Posted by Lynx on 14 June 2010 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

It's just so far away from me... I'll have to check my schedule...

Yes I'm going, probably with 1-2 guests.

Do I need to worry about my 2k being limited/banned?

#277436 Cincinnati Nerf War At Lazer Kraze, June 11th.

Posted by Lynx on 11 June 2010 - 02:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm going with Prince Valor. *crosses fingers*

#277431 Talos

Posted by Lynx on 11 June 2010 - 02:16 PM in Modifications

I would totally chest bump, but I'd end up in Cinci... Which is where I'm going tonight...

CHEST BUMP!

Anyways, I like it. It sounds like you made the perfect gun for his play style: Fucking artillery. The gun is really clean and he now knows that whenever he wins, he gets to hear the 2nd best FF victory song!

The led is hella strong, and I imagine kills batteries. Is there a method for disconnecting the led/easily removing the battery?

#277287 Midwest Nerf Conglomerate

Posted by Lynx on 09 June 2010 - 06:02 PM in General Nerf

Fuck yeah, Midwest Nerf Conglomerate! We do stuff!

#277252 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Lynx on 09 June 2010 - 01:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I will have a large square tent which shall not be harmed. If someone can bring bricks to weigh it down, I'd appreciate it.

#276642 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Lynx on 02 June 2010 - 10:13 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be trapped in Coop's death trap of a car.                   Kidding.

I'll be riding with Coop. I hope hamps aren't limited too much as I have yet to feel as though it is unfair since its just another innovation in nerfing...

#276169 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 26 2010

Posted by Lynx on 27 May 2010 - 12:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Maybe. It depends on friend transportation/Coop if he's going.

#275090 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Lynx on 17 May 2010 - 07:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Shields, however, can easily get ridiculous. Have you seen the Roman tortoise? That's why. The restrictions placed on them to make them playable is not worth using them in the first place.

A Phalanx? I'm not an expert in military history, but I do recall a few weaknesses in the phalanx tactic. Everyone clumped together makes a mighty attractive target. A target that can't move very fast. Or see too particularly well. Any terrain rougher than, oh, say a field held the potential of breaking up the phalanx.

Not a phalanx, which was extremely versatile in its day, but a tortoise.

If you aren't an expert in military history, google that shit. And it can move fairly fast. If you want to play that shit, do larp. A theme war is larp. A theme round is called a different game type. If you want to pass out identical shields and have *a* shield round, sure.

But I understand the potential for abuse, and I will agree that it could get ridiculous. Then again, sometimes ridiculous can be fun. I think simply allowing a Titan missile to destroy any shield and shield user would be a quick and easy way of balancing that. We don't have to be so dogmatic about Nerf.

Ridiculous is having all of your team with titans. What if one team doesn't have a titan? Since you are changing rules for different types, what about arrows? How do you know 2-3 arrows hit if its a full blast from a big salvo? Again, the addition of such rules outside nerf weaponry only leads to more craziness.

Cons:

Melee round with a giant phallic 10 foot pole which I wouldn't touch with my giant 10 foot phallus.

This is a perfect example of letting a measly 10 minutes contribute to the potential ruin of one's day.

English please?

#275011 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Lynx on 16 May 2010 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Meh, melee as in swords is cool, but only in normal nerf. I did swat a titan rocket. That was hilarious, to me at least. Shields, however, can easily get ridiculous. Have you seen the Roman tortoise? That's why. The restrictions placed on them to make them playable is not worth using them in the first place.

Nerf is just a different version of tag, and if touching any part of a gun/body counts as a hit, why shouldn't hitting a shield count? And we already have a shield: Manta Ray.

Lots of cool parts of the day, and quite a few shitty ones.

Cons:

A few communications breakdowns, such as:
-1. How many lives you have in that stock ffa. 3 took forever like I thought it would, and I only heard the part when people said two lives.
-2. What the fuck we were going to do with those kids.
-3. Whether or not sword blocking allowed in stock rounds.

Having to move locations.

Melee round with a giant phallic 10 foot pole which I wouldn't touch with my giant 10 foot phallus.

General lack of effort by some people in dart sweeps, me included. I am sweeping each of those areas this week...

In the last 5 rounds, my 3k failed to the point of unpumpability.

Pros:

My 3k was win.

A bunch of really lame people coming together to play an organized game of tag, and the follies which ensued:

Me gunning down JJGibbs, a Mike, and Travis Touchdown with my 3k by myself during DtC.

The Effeminate win team I was on the whole day.

Some really fun shoot outs with HAMers.

Changing to the better C-ville locale.

#275010 Cincinnati Nerf War At Lazer Kraze, May 22nd.

Posted by Lynx on 16 May 2010 - 10:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll see if my guys will be up for it. I am a maybe, and I might have 2-3 guests.

Travis Touchdown may go if I am going.

#274772 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Lynx on 14 May 2010 - 10:58 AM in Nerf Wars

Yay?!? All my guys are showing up=I have darts to make!

Lynx + 5

Travis Touchdown will also be participating.

ggk, I need your 2k/quadshot.

#274563 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Lynx on 11 May 2010 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

A lot of darts later... I am ready for this?

I have Me, TravisTouchdown, 3 guests definite and 1 more unlikely.

Lynx + TT + 3 + 1 maybe. I am doing a thorough dart sweep on Sunday since I am bringing 600 darts.

EDIT: ggk has me on the primary.

#274211 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Lynx on 06 May 2010 - 09:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd love to have a cow. With friends! I might have 6 friends, 3 definites.

I GET TO NERF AGAIN, YAY!

#274210 Greater Cincinnati Area Lazer Kraze Wars

Posted by Lynx on 06 May 2010 - 09:16 PM in Nerf Wars

My DnD group/nerfing friends generally meet on the weekends so if we had a week heads up, we'd be good for it. The whole stock darts is a little unsettling... I would have to go pistols, pirate style... A tertiary would be almost necessary.

#271986 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Lynx on 11 April 2010 - 11:50 PM in Darts and Barrels

My current thoughts include either:

1) Slicing a bit off the front of each dome and gluing (hot glue? superglue? something else?) a felt pad on to the newly created flat space (probably overhanging the freshly-cut lip by a bit for added saftey).

or

2) Cutting a small wedge out of each felt pad so that they can be wrapped around the "dome" of the dart and glued in place.

Just add a tiny bit of hot glue and place the felt tip on top... I would recommend melting some of the glue that's already there first so it's actually attached.

#271985 Closed

Posted by Lynx on 11 April 2010 - 11:40 PM in Off Topic

At a good public school with a good teacher, the process will be broken down for the most "ing'nant" students so your topic and thesis/conclusion will be approved (I am taking a non-AP class since I couldn't fit it into my schedule).

I am assuming your teachers will grade at that level, but didn't baby you.

Meh... If you normally write fairly well and this is just practice writing, you'll get a b to a minus. However, if the teacher doesn't like you, you had the opportunity to get it edited, or it is being graded by a rubric (and the teacher follows it), you'll get a c to a b.

EDIT: Oh, yeah: *ahem* zaphod, you apparently are smrt enuff to red and writ so da intertubes dont need to halp u. *cough cough* that hurt a bit

Basically, if you want us to help you on this sort of shit, have it be on fact checking. And if you want to check facts, JUST GO THE THE WIKI!

It is Stefan Mohr and he isn't a Moor. He is a Canadian and quite white.

#269452 Central Ohio Spring War

Posted by Lynx on 17 March 2010 - 04:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I apologize for my lack of attendance.

My 4 guys would be nice, but I am currently waist deep in school work and extra curricular activities.

#261310 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 09 January 2010 - 09:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I am sort of out of nerf until extra curriculars cool down. End of March is when I can hop back in.

#260573 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 03 January 2010 - 01:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, it was fun. A total of 6 nerfers, around 20 cookies and 29 recyclers.

I had a good time. Everyone's darts broke, no one's planned gun worked up to their potential (except prince valor's) and I think everyone had a good time.

YAY! I love winter nerfing!

Funny things:
My quiver fail.
The zombie rounds.
Ridiculousness of Coop's opening shots.

#260058 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 29 December 2009 - 05:03 AM in Nerf Wars

Sounds good. I like those rules. I'm making darts for the war. (Not freezing post glue, just short dunk of water)

edit: Travis Touchdown has spoken for himself. Check my sig.

Weather will be done throughout the week:
Posted Image

#259787 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 25 December 2009 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't mind me. I'm just a derp.

I like those rules. Just a clarification: If it hits the sword while its on me, does it count?

Also, what are the rules on hitting holsters? I saw this in the Nerf War Etiquette thread and we never really had a clear ruling on it.

#259786 Merry Christmas And Happy Holidays!

Posted by Lynx on 25 December 2009 - 11:45 PM in Off Topic

Yawn. Barely still x-mas.

Bow, sword, gift cards including ace hardware. Now I have a little more than a week to mod.

#259732 Winter Ohio War Take 2

Posted by Lynx on 25 December 2009 - 08:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Since it is now relevant to my interests: Sword blocking? I would like to say yes so they can be used in the actual 3/15 rounds and not just zombies.

DERP: Also, I was thinking that we should start at 10 (arrive at 9:30) so that we can get some slightly warmer nerfing in. I doubt this would be much of a problem for people if they are local, but cinci/Lakewooders might want to chime in on this.