deaddumpster's Content

There have been 297 items by deaddumpster (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#349884 Canadain Winter War (Ontario)

Posted by deaddumpster on 07 December 2015 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Time for a grand reunion of the Canadian contingent. Tank and I are in.

#349765 Who's still around from 2008/2009

Posted by deaddumpster on 01 December 2015 - 12:15 AM in Off Topic

2007 is basically 2008-2009, right? I mean I was most active those two years anyway.

#327239 How has everyone been? who's still around?

Posted by deaddumpster on 23 February 2013 - 06:11 PM in Off Topic

Awesome guys. I hope they can delete the site soon. The spammers were posting random links (which thankfully I didn't click) and the site is just dead, as you said. Also, what about this site : http://canadiannerfers.fr.yuku.com/ ?

Not gonna lie, didn't even know all this shit happened. Been out too long to hear of the demise of the original site, but it's nice to see all my shit got transferred. That site will do for organizing what we need to for the time being.

#327237 How has everyone been? who's still around?

Posted by deaddumpster on 23 February 2013 - 05:46 PM in Off Topic

FA_24 is pretty much retired, Hell before Halloween was the last war he will host, unless something spectacular happens in the GTA. The scene in Canada is pretty much dead, out native site went down late last year and nobody really cares enough to do anything about it, going several weeks without a new post will do that though.

We aren't all dead. If V7 or anything like that pops up I am so in. I need to get out again.

#284798 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by deaddumpster on 04 September 2010 - 09:47 PM in Nerf Wars

People here use slingshot weights and we are fine with them as well.

You're avoiding my question. You said "opening" people up.

What does that mean? Is that Canadian for, "I'm ignorant", or did I miss something?

...Cutting people open? Wounding? Drawing blood? As long as the darts don't break skin we Canadians really don't give a flying fuck.

I'm in. There's no way I'm missing it this time.

#269526 A New Petg Breech

Posted by deaddumpster on 18 March 2010 - 03:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

Posted Image

Breech closed:
Posted Image
Posted Image
You're done motherfucker!

Pros:
- Lighter than an all-brass breech.
- Very sturdy.
- Can be glued on to any blaster or placed in a PVC coupler.
- Simple, so pretty much anyone can make it.
- Cheaper than an all-brass breech (1' of 5/8 brass=6 of these breeches)
- PETG, so you can tell if there's a dart in the barrel.
- Pretty damn sexy if it's clean (Though mine is not)

Con:
- Even with the tightening rings, a TINY amount of air escapes between the PETG and the brass. There isn't any noticeable decrease in range, though I know it's still going to do something.

PS. I really want a new camera.

#269525 A New Petg Breech

Posted by deaddumpster on 18 March 2010 - 03:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

Now, this is not new at all. I discovered it a little over a year ago now and I thought it would be a good idea to share it with the world. Some of you may recall my SM500 at Massacre 3, which had this breech in it.

What you will need:
- PETG from OMC (Length depends on what blaster you plan on using it in)
- 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC (Same length as your PETG)
- 2" of 5/8" brass
- A 1/2" PVC coupler
- Adhesive of your choice (I used good ol' Goop and Fishin' glue)
- Electrical tape
- Pipe cutters
- A hobby knife
- A rotary tool
- A cutting wheel for said rotary tool, strong enough to cut brass
- A 5/8" diameter grinding wheel, also for the rotary tool
- A rubber mallet
- Sandpaper (To make your cuts smooth)
- Needlenose pliers )Optional, but extremely useful)
- Measuring tape
- Sharpie to mark where you plan on cutting

Measure 1.5" down from one end of your PVC pipe. Take your Sharpie and put a dot on the 1.5" mark. From that point, measure out 2" or so (Slightly longer than your Stefans). Draw a line along the 2" and trace out the rest of the half-pipe:
Posted Image

Bust out your rotary tool (Or what ever you use to cut) and cut along the lines. Try to clean it up with a hobby knife and sandpaper:
Posted Image

Now, take that piece of 5/8" brass and measure 1.5". Mark it down and then put another dot about 1/2" ahead of it:
Posted Image

Take your pipe cutters and put two or three tightening rings in the 1/5" piece. Be careful, and check the fit on the PETG often. You want it to have a good seal, but you also want to easily pull it out as well. Once you're done, put a very light ring around the 1/2" long piece:
Posted Image

Cut where you marked:
Posted Image

Take the 5/8" grinding/sanding wheel and sand out the PVC ALMOST up to the half-pipe. Be very careful and try not to make the hole too wide:
Posted Image

Take your rubber mallet and hammer it in until the brass is almost flush with the PVC. Be sure to use a rubber mallet, or else the brass will deform when you hammer it:
Posted Image

If you have made it this far, awesomesauce work. Now we're going to go to the other side of your PVC pipe. Cut about 2" off that end with your pipecutters:
Posted Image

Get your mallet again and hammer the PVC completely through the PVC coupler. An alternative would be to just sand out the ring in the middle of the coupler, but I was lazy:
Posted Image

Take your e-tape and wrap it around one end of your PETG. Apply Goop and put your PVC+coupler over it:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Leave it to dry.

Once again, go to the side opposite the half-pipe. This time, use your 5/8" wheel and sand about 1/4" in:
Posted Image

Place the 1/2" long piece of 5/8" brass in:
Posted Image

Get your mallet and hammer it flush with the PVC. This will keep the PETG barrel from flying out when the breech is opened:
Posted Image

Take your two parts and put them together:
Posted Image

#258192 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by deaddumpster on 06 December 2009 - 07:02 PM in Off Topic

Steam ID: J_bravo118 (A friend gave the account to me)
Games Owned: Half Life (2 and Episodes), Gmod, CS:S, and Audiosurf. I spend most of my time on Gmod.

#253736 Red Strike Series?

Posted by deaddumpster on 17 October 2009 - 12:20 PM in General Nerf

They have Red Vulcans and Recons at the Walmart near me. I'll post pics if you guys want them.

#252514 Hell Before Halloween #3

Posted by deaddumpster on 03 October 2009 - 07:30 PM in Nerf Wars

How did this hit the second page so fast?

Tank is confirmed, and I'm going to see if I can get a few friends to tag along. Aside from SGM and CNP, are there any Americans thinking about coming up to this? 1337 doesn't count, as he just unconfirmed on Canadian Nerfers.

PS. How many cases of VanCo do you think you'll be able to fit in the trunk of your vehicle, my West Virginian friends?

#248311 North York Canada War September 5th

Posted by deaddumpster on 23 August 2009 - 04:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in.

Tank Rat is most likely in. Like, 90%.

#246622 Scano 2. Now At Oakridge Jr. P.s.

Posted by deaddumpster on 11 August 2009 - 08:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Tank will be in attendance.

#246437 Scano 2. Now At Oakridge Jr. P.s.

Posted by deaddumpster on 10 August 2009 - 02:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a definite now.

Tank still hasn't texted back, but I'm going to call him in a few minutes. I'll get back to you guys.

#244546 North York Canada War September 5th

Posted by deaddumpster on 29 July 2009 - 01:09 PM in Nerf Wars

The 15th and 22nd are not good dates. I mentioned earlier that if it's hosted on the 22nd CNP cannot come up for it.

The 15th is SCANO 2, so that's a pretty bad date. Might I recommend August 29th?

#244413 North York Canada War September 5th

Posted by deaddumpster on 28 July 2009 - 08:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Anytime after the 15th is fine with me. Not the 22nd, because then CNP can't come.

I need a fair amount of time to prepare in between wars because I'm a lazy bastard.

#243076 Scano 2. Now At Oakridge Jr. P.s.

Posted by deaddumpster on 21 July 2009 - 09:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe.

I'll need to see if my Grandfather is willing to drive again. I may also have a fully-functioning RFSG with me.

#242440 Singled Longshot

Posted by deaddumpster on 17 July 2009 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

Have you kids ever heard the phrase, "Don't feed the troll"? VACC or Talio will come along shortly to do their job. Stop posting your bullshit responses and let them handle it.

EDIT: Anonymity is a bitch, isn't it?

#242248 Dt Furyfire: A Peak Inside

Posted by deaddumpster on 16 July 2009 - 03:28 PM in General Nerf

On the plus side it looks like it will be a lot easier to do something like the Nitemav.

#242154 Sm1500 Turret Improvements

Posted by deaddumpster on 16 July 2009 - 12:09 AM in Modifications

Nicely done. I made my 1.5k turret rear loading, but it's much worse than what you have, partially due to the previous owner fubar'ing it and leaving me with not much to work with.

I especially like the FBR + goop method of sealing. I had to work with hot glue and a metal plate + lubricant ala FA's Doomsayer, and if I'd taken a risk and hotglued my barrels temporarily on (couldn't do the etape deal on account of the stock barrels cut off), the whole thing would probably have been much easier.

The FBR is just there to keep the Goop from going inside the barrel. It works really well. This was actually really easy to do, so if you have another 1500 turret or a 2K turret then try it out.

Lovely! Could this possibly be done with a 2K turret? I've had one laying around for months thats in desperate need of some PETG rebarreling.

I have a friend who owns a SM1.5K that i've been meaning to take off his hands. This will definitely be done once i get it, nice job.

I'm 70% done a 2K turret. That will be posted whenever I get off my ass and finish it.

Oh, and thanks guys. There will be more one of these days.

#242127 Sm1500 Turret Improvements

Posted by deaddumpster on 15 July 2009 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

How do you rear load it if the shell is in the way? Or is for an integration of some sort?

This one is being integrated. If you're planning on keeping it in the shell, just drop a Sharpie down one of the side barrels and drill a hole.

Hardshot: This is 'Roids (It's new name?). I'm turning it into something a little more powerful.

#242120 Sm1500 Turret Improvements

Posted by deaddumpster on 15 July 2009 - 08:43 PM in Modifications

I used my 1500 at Applefury's war last week. It outranged most of the guns there, but reloading irritated the FUCK outta me. I got home and immediately opened up the turret. this is the result.

The two goals were to make 1500 turrets rear-loading, and to have absolutely no air loss in the turret.

Materials needed:

- 1500 turret.
- 1/2" drill bit or a Dremel bit of the same size.
- Barrel material of your choice.
- Some sort of rubber washer (I just cut down an EaB plunger head, but whatev)
- Adhesive of your choice.
- Glue gun.
- Hot glue sticks.
- E-tape.
- Claw hammer or flathead screwdriver. If it pries, it'll work.

Let's get to the mod, shall we?

Pry apart the turret. A pic really ain't needed, just pry at the spring rest:
Posted Image

Bust out yo' 1/2" drill (Or rotary tool!) bit and drill out the barrels. Make the holes as centered as possible. I cleaned it up with a hobby knife after this pic was taken:
Posted Image

Take the other half of the turret and drill out holes with the same 1/2" bit. I ended up using a 5/8" Dremel bit for this, so it's cleaner and easier to load:
Posted Image

Now take four sections of your barrel material of choice and wrap E-tape about 1" from one side. Stuff them in the 1500's barrels and make sure they're flush with the back end:
Posted Image
If your barrels don't fall out when they're turned upside down then you know you have put on enough E-tape. If they fall out, wrap more on until the fit is nice and snug.

Shove FBR (Or something of the like) in the barrels and apply Goop (Or whatever adhesive you use):
Posted Image

Once the glue is dried, remove the FBR and fill in empty space with hot glue. Once that is dry, cut it flush with your barrels:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now, take the other half of the turret and sand down the rotation mech piece. Once the metal rod and spring are back in place and the turret is reassembled it will be nice and centered, so don't worry about it wobbling at all:
Posted Image

Take your adhesive of choice (I used Goop, which seemed to work out beautifully) and glue one side of your rubber washer/sheet with hole in it/ EaB plunger head. As long as it seals with the other half of the turret and can rotate well, it'll work:
Posted Image

Once the glue is dried, lube up the rubber piece (So the turret can rotate better), close up the turret and you're done!

Glue is drying at the moment, but just by putting the turret together, plugging one end and blowing down the other I can see a major improvement in the seal. By major improvement, I mean airtight or damn close to it.

Best of all, IT'S REAR-LOADING! I'll have a pic of the finished product and ranges up whenever I'm not feeling so lazy. This is being integrated into something Effeminate, and I'm not sure when I will unveil it.
... Motherfuckers.

#242102 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by deaddumpster on 15 July 2009 - 05:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice pictures. Your grandfather has a nice camera. Applefury, when was the picture of you dancing taken?

After you left, the people going to APOC decided to get some dodging practice in. Basically one of the people going stands about 50' from everyone else and has to dodge everything they shoot at them.

Duffy, and I are both definite, Apple is a maybe. That pic was taken as he dodged a dart.

#241979 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by deaddumpster on 14 July 2009 - 09:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Double post... FOR MORE PICS MOTHERFUCKERS!

Posted Image
Like Keanu, with Down's Syndrome.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
You can open up a dance studio, Apple.

Posted Image

Posted Image
I honestly cannot believe we won that round.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Duffy trying (and probably failing) to dodge.

I'll post some more later if you ladies want.

#241796 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by deaddumpster on 13 July 2009 - 08:53 PM in Nerf Wars

PICS, bitches.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Tag Team champions baby!

#241663 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by deaddumpster on 12 July 2009 - 08:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I had a lot of fun yesterday. Very well, organized, Apple. Nice work!

+ Kicking ass.
+ Taking names.
+ Wingman with Duffy. We diddled, as usual. Tag Team champions baby!
+ Getting numerous headshots with my 1500.
+ Shooting chicken out of the Mongo Titan. There's a really good pic of it too.
+ Talking shit about Split and Langley with everyone else.
+ Duffy's funny ass stories at lunch.
+ Pumping my 1500 so angrily that the pump broke.
+ Dodging practice, and being really good at it.
+ HeadHunters. Basically it's Team Deathmatch, but only headshots count. A big kick in the face to all you pussies out there.
+ Getting a feel for my 1500 and taking mental notes on what to improve. Those of you going to APOC are fucked.
+ A second Wingman round with Apple, in which we somehow won. I guess I am an alright Nerfer.
+ Seeing some bright new faces and the new face of Duffy.
+ Getting 250' of foam for $30. Good ol' APOC discount, thanks Duffy!
+ Realizing how soft and squishy Hardshot was. You have quite the welt collection from my 1500 don't you?
+ Rocking the zombies round.
+ Sprinting around in combat boots.
+ The shitty weather stopping shortly after the war started.
+ Some awesome pics. I'll post them up later.
+ The art of deception. During the tagteam with Duffy, I was shot by Apple and had cleared near the edge of the field. He thought I was out but I was actually on my last life. While he was firing at Duffy, I flanked him and picked him off.

DeadDumpster though, is your sm1500 on steroids? I have 3 fucking welts from that bitch.

You're right, it's too powerful. It unbalances the game, and no one else has any fun. Obviously it's too good for it's time.

Let's ban it.

#241318 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by deaddumpster on 10 July 2009 - 05:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I use the same foam, so it will work in my 1500.

Sounds awesome, and I don't use that many darts. Thanks

#241315 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by deaddumpster on 10 July 2009 - 05:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, so I did some scrounging.

I have enough foam for 50 Stefans at most. Is there anyone who I can buy/borrow some darts off of?

#240910 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by deaddumpster on 08 July 2009 - 09:40 PM in Nerf Wars

It makes my socks wet and feet itchy.

That's why I wear my combat boots. They're waterproof.

I am good for either day.
As long as I get to shoot Dumpster, I am there.

I owe you a headshot, sir. I have my SM500 in perfect working order.

#240886 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by deaddumpster on 08 July 2009 - 07:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Now I'm pissed, it seems that it will be raining on Saturday and honestly....it's really annoying on how it keeps raining on our Nerf Wars. Christ, but once again Sunday is having perfect sunny weather. Who the fuck likes Sunday? Whatever, we will nerf through it.

Who the fuck cares? It's water, what will it do?

#238973 My New Tarantula =d

Posted by deaddumpster on 27 June 2009 - 11:25 PM in Off Topic

Tank Rat has a Grammostola rosea (Chilean Rose) Tarantula. She's cute, and she walks on my arm a lot.

These kinds of topics don't belong on this site.

#237901 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by deaddumpster on 21 June 2009 - 10:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm pretty sure I'm in. My Grandfather just kinda mumbled when I mentioned it to him, which I assume is a yes.

EDIT: I can only go if it's on the 11th.

#237743 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by deaddumpster on 21 June 2009 - 08:47 AM in Nerf Wars

This was a lot of fun. Smaller wars are quite awesome.

+ Getting a Sharpshooter I from FA, a Titan from Joey, and most of Joey's box of goods.

+ Getting this great shot on Tank with a Big Blast. He was up on the jungle gym, so I angled it and it fluttered right to him.

+ Going to Burger King, getting food for MSDFS and K9, but not eating anything?

+ Being the last man standing during zombies. The K9 Special pisses away darts like crazy, but with another spring it could easily take on Doomsayer.

+ Going one-on-one with FA, and winning with a shot to his eye protection.

+ Being a brute with my Big Blast, like running by Dude13 and shooting him pretty much point-blank.

+ Missing SGM whilst laughing about his accent.

+ Having pics, I'll post them up when I get home.

+ The crack pipe.

+ My guns suddenly shooting further than they had at home (Except my NF)

+ Throwing my NF against a tree repeatedly.

+ FA and I raping everyone else during Wingman. Y'all got destroyed!

+ The CTF taking a while, but we won by a longshot (No, not the POS gun)

+ Applefury's yellow Angel Breeched LS.

+ Seeing how much different everyone played as people left.

+ Testing out VIP. It's was fun, but it would be better with more people.

+ K9 and his Marvelous Salvo bandaged to his arm.

+ Getting so many headshots on FA it's... actually kinda funny.

+ The rain seemed to make our guns shoot far, but there was no fucking accuracy unless you've got a Big Blast.

+ Running out of darts and all of us relying on dart sweeps to get more.

+ Tank and FA taking a lot of painful shots from me.

+ FA having more lives than me, and him taking point.

I'll edit this post as I think of more. This was definitely a good warm-up for APOC.

#237505 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by deaddumpster on 19 June 2009 - 08:29 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone has PETG, I'll buy 2' off of you. I'm getting another 2' from MSDFS, but I need more than that for my 1500.

Dude13: I'm a cruel mistress, so no promises.

#237467 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by deaddumpster on 19 June 2009 - 05:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there...

Found a ride, did you?

Looks like I'll be rocking the BBBB.

#237400 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by deaddumpster on 19 June 2009 - 12:30 PM in Nerf Wars

What was that Frankenstein gun that 'Dumpster was using? It looked really cool.

Thanks
Finn

Slowguitarman's Boltok

#237396 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by deaddumpster on 19 June 2009 - 12:27 PM in Nerf Wars

A little water is not something to whine about you pussies. Rain or shine, I'm there!

#237375 From Titan-hornet-mav To The Unforgiven

Posted by deaddumpster on 19 June 2009 - 11:23 AM in Modifications

I REALLY like this dude, nice work!

#237360 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by deaddumpster on 19 June 2009 - 09:39 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm fine with any date. Not sure about Tank, though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Tank Rat is a definite now. Probably good for any day. He's good when it comes to buses.

#236559 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by deaddumpster on 15 June 2009 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok guys. Weather network is saying 80% chance of light rain, 5-10mm. Im hoping this plays out like HbH2, where rain is forcasted, but none actually happens. I will be bringing an umbrellla just in case.
Dude13: I think we should PM all the maybes. Crooked is one I have heard from Dumpster.

I just said I want him to go. I miss him. I don't think he is though.

Tank is pretty much a definite though.

EDIT: I just spoke with Crooked, he's in Quebec. I can't believe he's hanging out with a bunch of Frenchmen!

#235284 Performance Differences In Variants (color, Etc.) Of The Same Gun

Posted by deaddumpster on 09 June 2009 - 06:49 PM in General Nerf

I have both, and there's no noticeable difference in range. The only difference is the stupid little black cover.

There're

That's not a word.