Tinkerer's Content

There have been 195 items by Tinkerer (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#61836 Foam Store

Posted by Tinkerer on 13 August 2005 - 01:32 AM in Modifications

ammo for a 2 1/4" bore airgun meybey *scratches chin*

#61835 The Better Nerf Grenade

Posted by Tinkerer on 13 August 2005 - 01:29 AM in Homemades

\2.) For a crude nuclear device, get a big box, preferably made of steel. You will need to get your hands on a plutonium core (the trickiest part). Suspend your plutonium core in your box and center it. Then you must evenly line your box with conventional explosives (TNT, dynamite, fireworks, something of this sort). Lastly, you must be able to detonate your conventional explosives simultaneously. By doing so, you cause the plutonium core to implode on itself and begin a nuclear chain reaction (similar to the bomb used on Nagasaki, Aug 9th 1945).

That little weapon has very little chance of going nuclear, and It's not at all like the bomb droped on Hiroshima (I don't have a clue about nagasaki) The bomb dropped on Hiroshima was pretty much a big naval gun, that fired a slug made of uranium at point-blank range into a bigger hunk of uranium. (enriched uranium, mind you)

Now, more seriously,

I think nerf grenades would have a place on the nerf battlefield, if one could be designed that would actually work well, was a handlable size, and was easily reusable. as for this design, I personally don't think it's much of an improvement over the ol' spring grenades, because alot of care must be taken in the construction and reuse of these chemical ones. and they don't strike me as more functional either.

#61817 The Better Nerf Grenade

Posted by Tinkerer on 12 August 2005 - 09:57 PM in Homemades

you want explosive? try Chlorine and Alcohol. that'll blow up a soda bottle without it hitting anything.

#61816 Wasn't That Fun?

Posted by Tinkerer on 12 August 2005 - 09:54 PM in News

I was cracking up looking at the NHQ posts too. I went to bed before the first page was full. (sub-normal caffine intake the past few days) then I woke up to see all the "government sheeps-blood waffles of doom posts", and I was rolling on the ground laughing like a dope addict.

While I'd admit it seemed wierd at the time, I sure didn't lose any sleep over it.

#61788 N-strike Unity System

Posted by Tinkerer on 12 August 2005 - 07:37 PM in General Nerf

let's see, a $25 gun, a $20 gun and a $5 gun, all out together with a free frizbeee (DVD) and a really big box, for $40.

works for me.

#61786 Firefly Problems

Posted by Tinkerer on 12 August 2005 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

weird, I didn't have much trouble at all opening my turret, after I noticed the three screws at the back, it came right apart.

#51220 Nerf Websites

Posted by Tinkerer on 31 March 2005 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

Foamageddon My site. (hand coded, hand created graphics, and I'd really like someone to send some good content.

#50511 Max Shot Troubles

Posted by Tinkerer on 25 March 2005 - 03:05 PM in Modifications

I say, when a gun breaks, repair it with something stronger than what it was origionally made of. (steel)

Cool, nerf guns are made of steel now! Awesome. Thats so fascinating!

okey, that didn't quite come out the right way, I'm, saying always repair it with something (like metal), that's stronger than the origional materials.

Solvent welding, heat welding, metal bracing, and top-of-the-line epoxy. That'll fix it.

#50461 Airtanks

Posted by Tinkerer on 24 March 2005 - 08:41 PM in Homemades

I meant to say compact but I might go with CO2 unless the soda bottle idea works... What do you mean by nesting a 2 liter inside a 3 liter?

you first, superglue, three spacers about 5/8" (prefferably made of metal) onto the bottom of a two-liter bottle with the lable removed.

Next, you take a brass fitting that will screw onto the bottleneck, and will extend well above the rim of a three liter bottle, and plumber's goop it on.

After that, cut a 3 liter bottle's top off, right above where the label used to be.

Following, place the 2-liter bottle inside the bottom of the three liter bottle.

Next, fill the gap between the two bottles with epoxy resin.

before the epoxy really starts to set, (you should use the stuff that takes 12 hours to harden) duct tape the top part back on the 3-liter bottle.

Next, fill that gap with more epoxy, until it's exactly to the brim of the three liter bottle.

Finally, drill a hole in the three-liter bottle's cap that lets it fit over the brass fitting, screw it on, seal it, and let the shtuff set for a couple days.

There you have it, a very neato, relatively high-pressure tank.

I personally haven't tried this because I can't afford that much epoxy, (1 liter :blink: )

#50460 Max Shot Troubles

Posted by Tinkerer on 24 March 2005 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

I'd suggest, two relatively light, steel, chains, then epoxy after epoxy.

I say, when a gun breaks, repair it with something stronger than what it was origionally made of. (steel)

You could also try solvent welding, but I'm not sure there's enough surface area on the break.

#50459 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by Tinkerer on 24 March 2005 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

I think I'll be more interested in the "Dart Tag" set than the Firefly, because I love the tek 10, and the Dart Tag's description is strikingly similar.

When I hear "rerelease" I think of "Airjet Power Plus" Meybe they'll return the Wildfire, or perhaps the fastblast. I dunno, I wasn't the one who went to Hasbro HQ. (obviously)

All I can say is, the new blasters can't come soon enough, the mav was a bit of a letdown.

#50278 Mod For Airtech 3000

Posted by Tinkerer on 22 March 2005 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

busted tanks can be fixed and I'd say the range is worth it.  Just dont overpump it.

If your going to use the gun and you know your not going to overpump it you shouldn't blow the tank, but if you loan guns to people don't plug the pump. Also the range isn't more than 5-10 ft more with a plugged pump.

plugging the pump on an at2k hops the range an easy 30'

#50275 Airtanks

Posted by Tinkerer on 22 March 2005 - 05:19 PM in Homemades

Well, is there any other type of Air-tank that is comcast and holds a fair amount of P.S.I.?

I don't know what you mean by "comcast", but at a camping store I saw 20oz camping fuel tanks that might make fair air tanks. If you know how, you can nest a 2 liter bottle inside a 3 liter and fill the gap with epoxy. That'll hold plenty of pressure.

#50125 Rf20 Repair

Posted by Tinkerer on 20 March 2005 - 09:42 PM in Modifications

well, I ran into this problem. it happened when the o-ring came out of the groove. it looks like you will have to open the pump up. when you do, you can just duct tape it back together.

#50059 Barrel For Balls

Posted by Tinkerer on 20 March 2005 - 12:32 AM in Homemades

find a pipe with an inner diameter of 1.75" I've measured them. although, I don't have any idea what size pipe to use.

#50058 Nite Finder Hole

Posted by Tinkerer on 20 March 2005 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

you could also use homemade play-doe. It doesn't crack nearly as much as the store bought stuff does, and it dries faster. just take two parts flour, mix it with one part salt, add water, and knead. continue adding water until it's the consistency you want.

you could also just fill it all with hot glue. that's what I usually resort to for filling such gaps.

#49985 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by Tinkerer on 18 March 2005 - 08:29 PM in Homemades

well, you said it shoots 80', while that's very respectible, Perhaps, your barrel is too long? That's happened to me on several occasions. just judging by the plunger tube, and spring, I'd say it might fire at least in the 90's.

But, I've never built a springer. (at least not yet)

#49984 Does Pvc Slow A Dart Down?

Posted by Tinkerer on 18 March 2005 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

When I use a pvc gun, I noticed that it seemed to work better when the dart was up front. A friend told me to stick it down there and it would shot better. Anyway, I didn't cause that is not what I saw in my gun.

sounds like your barrel is too long. Try shortening it.

#49983 Nite Finder Hole

Posted by Tinkerer on 18 March 2005 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

If you dare, you could try fiberglass.

I just left mine open.

#49982 Haunted Nintendo!

Posted by Tinkerer on 18 March 2005 - 08:20 PM in Off Topic

I've had that voice thing happen once, and only once. My dad, my brother and I were playing Perfect Dark on our N64 and all of the sudden we heard voices. It was this real deep voice, like some guy talking, and we (since we don't know anything about electronics) figured we were picking up a signal from a radio or something. That was pretty cool. But after about thirty seconds it went away.

once in a while, my parent's computer speakers will pick up the radio signals of passing planes. (we live a handful of miles from an airport)

#49852 Haunted Nintendo!

Posted by Tinkerer on 16 March 2005 - 09:57 PM in Off Topic

I thought the Demon Ducky was more entertaining, but thats just me.

I was about to say, is this the same person who auctioned the "haunted ducky" with the green sharpie mark and the neato story?

The voices could be weak signal, and some signal from the regular TV is breaking through.

I also think It's foolish to pay any more for something that's supernaturally faulty.

#49697 Custom Maverick Prop

Posted by Tinkerer on 15 March 2005 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

well, if you're real handy with an airbrush, it wouldn't take that long.

#49582 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by Tinkerer on 14 March 2005 - 10:59 AM in General Nerf

I've got a whole bunch of questions for hasbro:

what patents of blasters do you hold?

How much time/resources go into the creation of a new gun?

Where do you get your springs?

Where do you get your o-rings?

What is your best selling gun?

Do you think you could get away with putting links to nerf devotees' sites on your official website?

Do you actually have any problems with us reverse-engineering your guns and turning them into ministers of death? (as long as noone sues)

Any plans for Spring-powered primary weapons?

Do you consider Lanard a threat?

Do you consider Buzz-Bee toys a threat?

About how many units of nerf blasters do you sell annually?

Do your engineers browse the forums often?

Are you planning replacements for the Hornet/Titan in the N-strike system?

Do you have spare parts of discontinued guns laying around? and if so, would you mind selling them to the NIC.

Might you be so willing as to sell certain malformed/dysfunctional/broken guns to the NIC for parts?

What softwre do you use to design nerf guns?

Can you sell the foam you use for making darts to the NIC?

could you release packs of these glow-in-the-dark darts I've heard about coming with your new N-strike blaster, early?

Do you think the Nerf movies (like the Armagedon videos on NH) would make good advertising?

Is Nerf Arenablast still available? Are you considering a sequel? (perhaps for the N-strike set?)

What kinds of plastic do you use in the construction of various blasters?

Why on earth did you design the Maverick to let it's magazine swing out only 1/2" or so?

Will you ever release a blaster with a holster?

Can you show us some concept drawings of possible guns?

Will you give factory tours?

Was the N-Strike Inspired by Halo?

Is Nerf one of your staple brands, or is it more on the edges?

If we scare enough people with nerf guns, do you think they'll arm themselves accordingly?

Whew! that's alot of questions!

#49149 Tek Ten Single Barrel Mod

Posted by Tinkerer on 09 March 2005 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

Hell, I used micros and 2" CPVC barrels, 10 of 'em, and I'm getting better ranges than your single barreling job. You feel the need to single? Single barrel a nite finder, not a weapon that relies on its RoF.

#48703 TV Show Nerf Sightings

Posted by Tinkerer on 04 March 2005 - 09:50 PM in Off Topic

On America's Funniest Home Videos, someone tied a string to his kid's loose tooth, tied the other end to the dart of a SSI, and fired it to pull it out.

ow, but, well, interesting.

Eagle Eye - Clown gets shot in eye on 'Real TV' 

I think I saw that one.

#48701 Language

Posted by Tinkerer on 04 March 2005 - 09:42 PM in Off Topic

I'm taking Latin I right now,

and I'm studying Klingon as a hobby.

Qaw''eghpu, HeghqangmoHlu'pu', DaH'Hegh. (I need to work on my klingon grammar, but learning three grammars at once is nearly impossible.)

#48699 What Does The Word Nerf Mean?

Posted by Tinkerer on 04 March 2005 - 09:34 PM in General Nerf

After all, French backwards is hcnerf.  I don't know, I just notice things like that.

Well, Embargo spelled backwards is "o grab me"

In star wars, a Nerf is some kind of livestock

I remember "Nerf" being refered to as some kind of substance, I don't remember where though.

#48698 Distances

Posted by Tinkerer on 04 March 2005 - 09:29 PM in General Nerf

I live in a complex of eight townhomes, they're each 20' wide, and I measure that way.

#48697 How Many Nerf Guns Do You Have?

Posted by Tinkerer on 04 March 2005 - 09:25 PM in General Nerf

I've got about 30-some guns, If you'll include the dollar store knockoffs, we're talking 45-50. (I get anything that fires darts)

#48696 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by Tinkerer on 04 March 2005 - 09:22 PM in General Nerf

The SM3KB, flat rocks.
Until it breaks...
then, You've got to *sniff* Single barrel it. :cry:

Generally, It'll get in the neighborhood of 40-70' on one or two pumps,
(but if you put massive barrels on it, and terribly overpump it, you're knocking on the door of singled, brassed 2K's ranges.)

One'll last generally, a war or two, before you start having problems. (depending on how bad you thrash it)

#48695 Ages Of Nerfers

Posted by Tinkerer on 04 March 2005 - 09:14 PM in General Nerf

just to get back on the topic of age, I'm 15, I just got my learner's permit yesterday, and I'm still elated!

#48104 I Am Back ! Jspb Sport

Posted by Tinkerer on 26 February 2005 - 03:47 PM in General Nerf

Your site never loads for me.

It didn't load for me until I downloaded the Classical Chinese language pack for IE.

Now it loads fine, I just wish your "blaster tag 2004" video worked.

#48102 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by Tinkerer on 26 February 2005 - 03:36 PM in General Nerf

When I'm nerfing (and I don't have to share my guns), I'll use:

Normally:
RF20 primary, Tek 10 secondary, Tek 6 sidearm, SSPB backup
or
Hornet primary, AT2K secondary, Tek 10 secondary, no sidearms, no backups.

If I'm going in light:
no primary, Tek 10 secondary, tek 6 sidearm
or
RF20 primary, no secondary, no sidearm, Twin Tek backup

If I just want to blow the shit out of everything:
Rf20 primary, Hornet primary, Tek 10 secondary, AT2K secondary, Tek 6 sidearm, no backups.
or
Razorbeast primary, Tek 10 secondary, Tek 6 sidearm, Twin Tek backup.

(all this doesn't hamper my movement much, since I don't move that fast to begin with.)

if I have to share my guns, well, I'm unhappy.

#48068 I Am Back ! Jspb Sport

Posted by Tinkerer on 26 February 2005 - 12:49 AM in General Nerf

I've got to say, that's one sweet movie! Just goes to show, nerf has no bounds!

#48067 Titan Issue

Posted by Tinkerer on 26 February 2005 - 12:44 AM in Modifications

Mine has something similar after about 14 pumps, I think it happends when the air forces it's way past the plug, and through the overpressure release valve. it stops when the pressure is no longer sufficient to get through both the glue and valve.

#48066 Modded Sm750

Posted by Tinkerer on 26 February 2005 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

Thanks, I am still thinking about painting it black.

Yeah, that'd be a good idea, 'cause I'm with AA on this one:

Interesting. Looks like some sort of blended mix between 3dbbq's homemades and a McDonald's Kid's playplace. I like it though.

#47966 NO Returns... Again?

Posted by Tinkerer on 24 February 2005 - 06:35 PM in General Nerf

all relevance NO had was the sum of its users. Without Spoon, Vacc, Zero, Sniper5k, Yakman, etc, NO is... absolutely nothing.

let alone that, but if Hal wants to get the site back to anything near its former self, he's got,
*counts on fingers*
... erm
*does math on paper*
... uh
*uses calculator*
GYAAAH!

well, something to the tune of nearly 3 years of articles, mods, etc. to catch up on.

at least it would be relatively neat for us to have NO back as it was back then. (believe it or not, I was there right as the ship was sinking)

#47890 Rf20 Regulators

Posted by Tinkerer on 23 February 2005 - 09:47 PM in Homemades

I got the regulators off of my friend's RF20.

*snip*

buthow do you make teh airtank and regulators work together.

*snip*

~Sinfil

I assume by "regulators" you are referring to the valve used for the selective fire of the RF20, because besides that, there are no "regulators" on the gun.

as for a PVC airtank, well,

the bladder was used to provide constant pressure to the firing mechanism, if you were to use a pvc, or other solid-walled airtank, You'd have the pressure start strong and drop off quickly.

however, if you used something like regulated Co2, you'd be better off.

These might suit your needs if you decide to go to Co2

as for clip feeding your RF20, unless you're doing a standard turret mod, it'll be next to impossible to clip feed it.

#47889 Springs

Posted by Tinkerer on 23 February 2005 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

Wow... My needlenose pliers have a little cutter part in them, and taht seems to work fine for me to cut springs. Either that or using the pliers to bend/twist teh spring until it breaks. I've never even thought of getting special spring-cutting tools.

well, the tools we're talking about are for heavier-duty springs than you can easily cut with pliers. (perhaps 12-guage)

one thing I found with cut springs is that they wear away at the internal plastic of your gun because of the now-sticking-out, cut end.

what ever happened to bungies?

#47888 Need Help

Posted by Tinkerer on 23 February 2005 - 09:30 PM in General Nerf

if you look hard enough in the plumbing section of your local hardware store you'll find a hose barb adapter that attaches the size tube you're using to a threaded pipe. use one of these, and screw onto the threads a threaded endcap.