angrscottishkid's Content

There have been 88 items by angrscottishkid (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#194255 What The Hell!

Posted by angrscottishkid on 06 December 2008 - 12:46 AM in General Nerf

Ok, I havent been on this forum in a while, and havent nerfed in months. I still keep updated on the site though, and there have been more than enough arguments about this.

1.nerf guns dont exactly have range or consistancy worthy of the term "sn1per"

2.getting a book about D-day doesnt make you an expert.

3. don't diss the history channel, They give good, accurate information, and its usually pretty interesting.

4.don't waste time arguing about something so stupid, if you wanna call what you do Sn1ping, I have no problem with it, although i feel it takes the good old fashioned fun out of our childish hobby.

and of course don't forget the imeasurable differances between nerf, and real combat

#148943 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 02 April 2008 - 08:15 PM in General Nerf

Well said nube.
I also grew up with alot of guns within easy reach. My parents just taught me from an early age that guns are'nt something to fuck around with, I understood I wasn't supposed to mess with them, and no one in my family has had any kind of accident. As far as nerf teaching kids to go on shooting sprees, thats complete shit. their just making a living selling a succesful product, and im sure the majority of children who play with nerf blasters, know theres a huge difference between their longshot, and their daddy's AR15. it all comes down to what parents teach their kids, not hasbro

#148740 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 01 April 2008 - 09:01 PM in General Nerf

I think the question you should be asking is, aren't guns already cool? Just kidding(not really). Also nerf isnt teaching us anything, they market to little kids, who are much more impressionable than middle aged men. Most little boys already love guns, just because their little boys, and nerf is just a parent apprpoved alternative.

#135980 I Need Your Creative Genius!

Posted by angrscottishkid on 14 January 2008 - 04:54 PM in Off Topic

Diablo, you are an evil genius.
I'm gunna do it this weekend, and I'll try what your ideas. I also made a repeating cd of the first 20 seconds of number of the beast. I'm gunna play it over the suround sound in my basement.

#135678 I Need Your Creative Genius!

Posted by angrscottishkid on 11 January 2008 - 11:16 PM in Off Topic

Ok, so today I found out that a few girls I know are really afraid of anything "supernatural". They freaked out at the mere sight of a ouji board, and have agreed to have a saonce (sp?). I know it sounds stupid but I wanna have some fun with it. Any one have any good Ideas of things to set up/ make happen during it? Let your creative juices flow.

#135242 +bow

Posted by angrscottishkid on 07 January 2008 - 03:38 PM in Homemades

Sorry if this has been asked before, but about how much do they cost to make from scratch?

#135158 Funny Prank

Posted by angrscottishkid on 06 January 2008 - 04:13 PM in Off Topic

Some girl was stalking my firend Derek, and she kept prank calling him. I went to her house in the middle of the night when she was home alone and texted her a picture of her own house. When she looked out her window I was standing in her front yard in a kilt playing amazing grace on the bagpipes. I think she shit herself.

#134538 Adding Another Spring To The Recon

Posted by angrscottishkid on 31 December 2007 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

Damn, I wanted to be the first to do this, but the Recon hasn't hit my area yet. I guess great minds think alike, good job!

#134415 My Other Hobby

Posted by angrscottishkid on 30 December 2007 - 01:50 PM in Off Topic

I usually airsoft in my backyard, or the nature reserve down my street, so I stick with spring guns and a green gas sidearm. I'm really more of a paintballer.

p.s. The nature reserve is being cleared to build a gated community. Is that even legal?

#134257 Nerf Recon Ar Removal

Posted by angrscottishkid on 28 December 2007 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Squishy-drill out the restrictors and peg, and you have an open tube to put the straw through and foam.

#134214 Nerf Recon Ar Removal

Posted by angrscottishkid on 28 December 2007 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

I never said they didn't like us, I'm saying they threw us a fun little challenge.

As for putting another spring behind plunger, I think thats an awsome idea. You could attach a piece of pvc behind the gun, put an endcap on the back and put a spring inside it.

Edit: any one remember the "Foaming to create effiecient(sp?) pressure" idea for the mav? Ithink that could work well here.

#134209 Carbon Fiber Barrels Anyone?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 28 December 2007 - 05:16 PM in Modifications

Great find! I bought a carbon fiber barrel for my paintball gun, and it shoots like a dream. My range and acuracy increased and it's more air efficient(sp?). That stuffs pretty durable so one barrel would last along time. carbon fiber barrels are self cleaning, though I'm not sure that's even a problem in nerf.

#134161 Nerf Recon Ar Removal

Posted by angrscottishkid on 28 December 2007 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

FA, thanks for the input.

Hasbros really testing us with this one. Besides removing air restrictors, theres not much else to do. Someone metioned an angel breech, but that won't do to much without a more powerful spring, which would be very hard to find in the right size.

Good job UMD.

#134159 Nerf Recon Ar Removal

Posted by angrscottishkid on 28 December 2007 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

FA- couldnt you add power by putting some kind of spacer between the spring and the back of the gun? I haven't been able to find the recon yet but, I plan on trying it when i do

#133187 Hockey Anyone?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 20 December 2007 - 08:22 AM in Off Topic

I started a thread like this a while ago and got some good replies. I play varsity hockey for the Parma Redmen. I remember there being about ten nerfers that responded to the first thread, but there may be more now. I got inot hockey after watching my first Lumberjacks game, What about you?

#131704 What Do Other People Think Of Nerf?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 08 December 2007 - 06:39 PM in General Nerf

Dayko- I don't really care what they think of me, it just makes things easier in highschool.

Not all paintballers are dicks, woodsball players seem to be more open to nerf then the speedball fags in my experiences. Speedballers are way to full of themselves, considering their sport involves no skill apart from fast fingers.

#131654 Razor Fin

Posted by angrscottishkid on 08 December 2007 - 11:02 AM in Modifications

Are you posting a video for it? I can't see your pics.

#131598 What Do Other People Think Of Nerf?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 07 December 2007 - 05:05 PM in General Nerf

rokor- I'm in the same boat as you on this one, that's another reason I don't tell many people about nerf.

In highschool I can be known as one of the following:

The only freshman on the best varsity hockey team in the league, and a generaly popular kid,
or...
The fifteen year old who obsessivly plays with toy guns, and frequntly discusses them with 30 year old men on the internet.

so the first one is the obvious choice there.

#131588 What Do Other People Think Of Nerf?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 07 December 2007 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

My parents think it's dumb as hell, so they won't buy me anything nerf related, but their fine with me wasting my money on nerf stuff so it's ok. My cousins love it and play when ever their over, and their all around my age. My uncles are all kids at heart, and love the mechanicle aspect of modding, so they think it's great. Their wives think it's funny to watch grown men play with childrens toys. I'd say about 7 of my close friends know about, and love my nerfing hobby, they pay me to mod guns for them and make their stefans, and a war usualy breaks out at my house every time their here.

It's something I dont tell alot of people about mostly because of the lengthy explaition that always follows when you do. I'm sure you've been through that before.

Someone posted earlier about being in nerf for life, and personaly I can't wait till we're all nerfing in the retirement home, because i think it's gunna be funny as hell.

Edit: Is it just me or did it take any one else a long time to figure out you could shoot each other with nerf guns when you were realy little.

#130730 Cannon

Posted by angrscottishkid on 26 November 2007 - 07:01 PM in General Nerf

Thats basiclly the same thing paintballers use. They fire vortex footballs, their used to kill tanks during scenario games. I made and posted something similar in the nerf intercontinental missle thread.

Try filling that 2 inch barrel with half inch barrels, then fill them with stefans, that would be sweet.

#130106 Inter Continental Nerf Missile

Posted by angrscottishkid on 18 November 2007 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

Why not build an air cannon to fire it out of? They only cost about $30 to make. I use one similar to this for paintball, they pack a pretty good punch.

http://rpgchronicles.blogspot.com/

#129902 Paintball Nerf Gun

Posted by angrscottishkid on 16 November 2007 - 04:00 PM in Homemades

1. I'm not saying I did it first, I'm just saying that about a year ago, i posted it here. I was told then that it had been done before.
2.The co2 is cold as hell. I'm not sure how it affects the plastic but, it's common knowlegde on the homemade forum, every once and awhile some asks about it though.

The gun Boltsniper made recently is absolutly beautiful, but hard for the average person to build by themselves. Converting a pump Paintball gun is easy and cheap, so just try it for yourelf.

#129286 Paintball Nerf Gun

Posted by angrscottishkid on 10 November 2007 - 12:01 AM in Homemades

I'm pretty sure that was me, i did it with a blue brass eagle pump,i posted it somewhere here (no pics though). Use brass or aluminum for your barrel, the co2 has a bad effect on plastics. and put a zero brech in the stock barrel.

#128138 Need A Nerfgun For Larp.

Posted by angrscottishkid on 31 October 2007 - 03:50 PM in General Nerf

This is gunna make me sound like an idiot but what exactly is larp? I get the basic idea, but is it a scripted, planed out sort of thing, or just role playing? wouldn't that just make it nerf with a theme, like the scenario paintball of nerf?

sounds fun,

spicy

#127585 How To Dual Wield Mavericks

Posted by angrscottishkid on 26 October 2007 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

telekinetic- itried to pm this to you but your messenger was disabled, so please excuse my posting it here:

I was at Halloween USA today, and i saw something you might be interested it.i remembered you were working on a belt fed nerf gun, when I saw the same links from your post but made of plastic. I bought some and it fits streamlines perfectly. their about $4 and most halloween and costume shops I've seen sell them.

#127583 Do You Think We Kind Of Have An Anarchy?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 26 October 2007 - 07:16 PM in General Nerf

i agree, but post like these are good ways to vent anger.

#127563 Do You Think We Kind Of Have An Anarchy?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 26 October 2007 - 05:52 PM in General Nerf

I agree with bustaninja, it's immature to flame him because thats what he wants us to do. However id have to say this: mrteldon, you are a cockeating douche bag with a gaping mangina, and I would like to see your pathetic shitty attempt at creating a mod better than any of angel's.

Hope you get gangraped by bears,

spicy

#127344 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by angrscottishkid on 25 October 2007 - 04:11 PM in News

I'll buy one when they come out if it's around the same price as when the longshot was, but im not too psyched. It's gunna be a bitch to cock with a spring replacement,the sights will be useless outside of maybe twenty feet, the stock seems like it would break easily, and all kinds of other stuff like FA mentioned.

Idea-based on the maveirck slide, wouldn't it be easy to stick a LS cocking rod in that groove?

Edit: spelling

#127317 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by angrscottishkid on 25 October 2007 - 02:49 PM in News

I think it's gunna be weird not having a jam door like the LS.

OMC- when you said you've held it, did you also fire it?

#125176 When You Discovered The Nic....

Posted by angrscottishkid on 06 October 2007 - 08:32 AM in General Nerf

Just thought it would be interesting to find out what you thought the first time you discovered there was an online nerf community, or for our older members, what was it like founding it?

Wanna hear your stories,

Spicy

#125175 My Titan

Posted by angrscottishkid on 06 October 2007 - 08:26 AM in Modifications

Good job. I think you should sculpt bondo over the crevices to make it look smoother thoug, that would look sweet

#125174 Van Helsing Crossbow Revolver

Posted by angrscottishkid on 06 October 2007 - 08:22 AM in General Nerf

The only place I've ever seen this was TRU, im not sure if they still have them.

#124662 Sports Poll

Posted by angrscottishkid on 01 October 2007 - 02:52 PM in Off Topic

Substance abuse: same here, i'm the only freshman at my school that made varsity, hockey is rough as hell for those who don't beleive me watch slap shot 1.

allstar: the only differance between bantam hitting and highschool hitting, is that now your getting hit by 18 year old men, it's harder but alot more fun, being involved with a highschool team is much more fun.

#124494 Sports Poll

Posted by angrscottishkid on 29 September 2007 - 10:07 PM in Off Topic

"Interprative Dance is the most manliest.
To be a man you got to have balls. And if you do that, you have gorilla kahunas!"

or a gaping rainbow mangina. i think theres only a select few strait guys that could pull that one off.

#124489 Sports Poll

Posted by angrscottishkid on 29 September 2007 - 09:43 PM in Off Topic

International soccer is a different story, it can get pretty hardcore, but highschool level in northern ohio is a differnt srotry, football and hockey are realy hardcore here. two years ago a kid on my hockey team go paralyzed because of a hit from behind, which is actually becoming a big problem these days, every year players in the nhl get collapsed lungs, paralization(sp?), and some have died from it. A bad hit got me on pain killers, dmuscle relaxers, seeing a chiropracter 5 times a week.

Nerf, and MMA, ultimate fighter, etc aren't on the list because i'm talking abbut highschool sports, also I consider nerf a hobby, and i hear it's a religion in some third world countries lol. Just for the record ultimate fighter and the like would be at the top of the list if they were on there.

#124482 Sports Poll

Posted by angrscottishkid on 29 September 2007 - 09:10 PM in Off Topic

My friend Brandon says soccer is the toughest, hardest, badass sport ever. I say it's a bunch of people who arent tough enough to play rugby, prancing around in short shorts. I play hockey by the way

sorry if i offended anyone who plays soccer, thats just what it like up here,

spicy

#124479 Clip Tek Internals

Posted by angrscottishkid on 29 September 2007 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

When i said mod i meant the lsfg handle, and pocket blast intergration.

#124405 Clip Tek Internals

Posted by angrscottishkid on 28 September 2007 - 10:25 PM in Modifications

He didn't mod or paint it yet, he said he did it digitaly(sp?)

#124345 Extended Rfr/clip Tek Clip?

Posted by angrscottishkid on 28 September 2007 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

The upper part of rfr mags are oddly shaped, so the bottm one being spliced in would be pretty short. I think the best idea would just be to find a few extra mags, and try it out.

prometheus: i use to think i was the only person who watched red green, here in cleveland hes on at 1 am.

#124307 Mid Ohio Nerf War

Posted by angrscottishkid on 27 September 2007 - 07:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I live in Parma, but i an't go. i'm only 15 so i cant drive down.