VoLT's Content

There have been 160 items by VoLT (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#68704 Bass And Guitar Amp Suggestions

Posted by VoLT on 02 December 2005 - 07:29 PM in Off Topic

Thanks much for all the feedback, it's been an interesting read. Basically, half of the people I talked to, including here, said that brand x was the best and they'd had nothing but good experiences with it. Of course, over time I heard that about every possible brand. The other half of the people I talked to said it didn't matter because most affordable practice (10-20W) amps are pretty much the same. I decided to take that advice and just wander over to guitar center and see what was on sale for around $100. Crate was the clear winner on price/features for guitar, and bass was a toss-up between Fender and Crate. My sales-dude said he'd had fewer returns on the Crate bass amp so I got a matched set. If I'd seen Drano's post before I bought them, I might have reconsidered, but overall I'm happy with the sound. I think the bass amp probably sounds better than the guitar amp, but they both sound good for the price.

Posted Image

Again, thanks for all the suggestions!

Awesome, congrats. Those string swing guitar holders are great. I swear by 'em.

#68608 Bass And Guitar Amp Suggestions

Posted by VoLT on 30 November 2005 - 01:18 AM in Off Topic

Personally, I like Behringer. The quality is nice, and they keep your wallet happy as well.

I agree. I got a Behringer BX1200 Ultrabass amp recently for just $200 (new!) and it kicks my ass. It's got 120 watts, which is amazing for the price, and even makes my piece of crap Ibanez GSR200 bass sound great. Definitely recommend it.
And, if you're willing to pay $300 for a guitar amp, the Fender FM 212R seems pretty darn good. I play it at my friend's house all the time, and I love it. It cranks out 100 watts. If the price is too much though, my dinky little Ibanez IBZ10G hasn't let me down. It's a small little practice amp, and I think it goes for about $65 or thereabouts (I don't know. It came with the noob starter pack I got, so I don't know how much it would be separate, but most amps of that power run about that price). It also has gain, but it's kinda crummy. I'd recommend picking up the essential Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal, which runs around $40, and trust me, you'll end up using it a lot. Good luck with your playing. The right equipment can make all the difference, trust me.

#55022 Family Guy - Season Four

Posted by VoLT on 16 May 2005 - 05:47 PM in Off Topic

So far, the new season is the best yet, IMO. The only thing I haven't liked about it so far was the sex scene when you could here the nickels swishing around. XD A little nasty even for my tastes. I really loved it when Stewie crashed into the tree, and when the newly neuetered Brian says, "I really wish I could chew on my crotch right now". :) I heard next week's Animation Domination is cancelled because they're showing SW Episode II. Sweet. Let's take off the funniest thing in the world for a week so some nerds can drool over bad sound effects. But anyway... yeah, good stuff so far.
American Dad isn't too entertaining so far, but it seems to be picking up. The "Well that's just science fiction" crack was pretty funny.

#54904 The Next Generation Xbox Name

Posted by VoLT on 15 May 2005 - 01:26 AM in Off Topic

I heard on an Xbox forum I go to that the standard package will be $300, and the package that includes the 40GB HDD will be ~$350. Sounds a little too good to be true, but we'll see.
I'm pretty excited about this. Gears of War and Perfect Dark look sweet, and if UT2007 comes out for it, I'd kill 1,000 innocent lemurs to get it. I guess Halo 3 will be kinda cool, if it doesn't suck like Halo 2 did. :rolleyes:
But, yeah, that MTV thing sorta sucked. Bad. I mean, The Killers? The only way their performace would've been good is if they spontaneously combusted as they were playing. That would rock.

Geek: How many polygons are in the characters?
Engeneers: They have (place number here) polygons.
Geek: How many polygons are in the environments?
Engeneers: They have (place number here) polygons
Geek: Are the backgrounds fully destructable?
Engeneer: Yes fully.
Geek: Whats it like to kiss a girl?
Engeneers just staired blankly.

:huh: ROFL. Nice.
But anyway, this November is going to be pretty sweet if PD0 and GoW come out as planned..

#54239 Half Life 2

Posted by VoLT on 05 May 2005 - 04:52 PM in Off Topic

You don't have to pay anything, but good luck playing HL2 if you don't own it. If your friend's already registered it on Steam (i.e., he's played it at all), then just give up and buy your own copy, because it won't let you play.

#51581 Favorite Band

Posted by VoLT on 04 April 2005 - 08:43 PM in Off Topic

At the Drive-In
The Mars Volta
Coheed & Cambria
The Used
The Arcade Fire
Sparta
Rob Palmer *
The Police *
The Eagles *

*Old school, beeotch.

#51110 Sony Psp

Posted by VoLT on 30 March 2005 - 12:28 AM in Off Topic

Muchas gracias.
I agree. The PSP's like an MP3 player, (sort of) a portable DVD player, a digital photo album, and gaming machine all in one. Since I need an MP3 player and portable movie player, and I love video games, it's an easy decision.

#51106 Sony Psp

Posted by VoLT on 30 March 2005 - 12:04 AM in Off Topic

Hey Ompa, could you post that link? My friend (who's lucky enough to have one of these babies already) needs to dump some movies onto his PSP.

#51062 Mp5 Nite Finder

Posted by VoLT on 29 March 2005 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Thta looks very nice. Great job, especially with the cocking mech. My only suggestion, like others in this thread, is to paint the whole thing so it has uniformity.

#51057 Sony Psp

Posted by VoLT on 29 March 2005 - 06:49 PM in Off Topic

Three weeks from now I'll have enough money to buy one.
I love working for my dad.

So, which Memory Stick would be the best investment--- 256, 512, or 1 gig? I'm thinking 512, since my mom already has an extra 512 for her camera, and I want to load tons of Red vs Blue episodes and music on them, but if 1 gig is significantly cheaper per MB, I may end up getting that.

Also, what is the best game out in your opinion? Right now only WipEout Pure and Untold Legends look any good to me, and even those not a whole lot. I'm really looking forward to Death Jr, GTA, and Advent Shadow, but what do you guys think are the best ATM?

#50970 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by VoLT on 29 March 2005 - 12:40 AM in General Nerf

The Firefly looks amazing. The whole thing looks awesome, and just the stock has me bought. AND it looks like my favorite gun, the P90. Simply beautiful. I'm buying 12 of those.
No comment on the Dart Tag blasters right now, I'm too busy salivating about the Firefly.
Oh, um, one question, which part cocks the Firefly?

Edit: Oops! Missed the part that answered that question.

#50965 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by VoLT on 29 March 2005 - 12:24 AM in General Nerf

Hopefully their new lineup will 'raise the bar' in the competition between Hasbro and BuzzBee. Its always good to see designers pushing the envelope for whole new products instead of just rehashing the same basic designs with new casings.

Agreed. As Hegel once said, "thesis vs. antithesis = synthesis". :rolleyes: Basically, competition will bring us bigger, better, and more numerous guns. Personally, I'd love to see the Nerf team work on some shell action guns, like BuzzBee's rifle and shotgun.

*Sees OMC's latest post*
*Has a seizure and falls off a cliff*

#50961 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by VoLT on 28 March 2005 - 11:28 PM in General Nerf

I think N strike will be around for a while. Keep in mind that the guys are trying really hard to get back into the days when Nerf had it's own section in the toy store, so you may see multiple lines out at once. If the dart tag thing takes off, it could become a line of itself I figure.

Oh man, that would be so sweet. I can't wait to see what stuff they come up with, and an entire aisle of Nerf from the days of old would so kick ass. I'm getting of tired of walking through discounted Mega Blocks just to get a Nite Finder ;), and more than three guns out at a time is NEVER a bad thing.
One thing I'd really like to see in the future is another N-Strike DVD. It was very simplistic, yet it was pretty fun and good for target practice. Plus, the CG wasn't half bad either. Besides, I need more lines to make fun of. "3-2-1 GO GO GO!!!" :rolleyes:

#50951 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by VoLT on 28 March 2005 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

Bwahahahaha!
pwned.

What Talio said.

One thing I'm wondering is, will these be the last of the N-Strike line, or will it continue into summer 2006? I'd honestly like to see some more guns that take advantage of the whole linking together concept.

#50761 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by VoLT on 27 March 2005 - 06:43 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, it doesn't attach to the, uh, Unified Power Complex.

#50664 The New Nite Finder Color Scheme

Posted by VoLT on 26 March 2005 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

Where did you see this NF anyway?

#50663 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by VoLT on 26 March 2005 - 10:39 PM in Homemades

I've been looking at this topic for a long time, but I only now realized that I haven't posted in it yet. :huh:
So, anyway, you're now my idol boltsniper. This is the single greatest thing mankind has accomplished (besides that How to Kill a Mockingbird movie). I don't know how you do all this stuff---it's amazing. I don't have much else to say that hasn't been said before, but that stock is dead sexy, and the foregrip is very clever too. Keep up the amazing work.

#50659 Modded Xbox

Posted by VoLT on 26 March 2005 - 10:05 PM in Off Topic

Unreal Championship 2 comes out soon for Xbox anyway.....

Yeah, I know, but UT2004 and UC2 are very different. UC2 is one hot mamba jamba though (it's the only game I'm really anticipating right now, actually). No biggie though. I can survive just playing it on my PC.
Oh, and another question, Bolt. How much did it cost to buy all the components that you needed for your mod?

#50657 The New Nite Finder Color Scheme

Posted by VoLT on 26 March 2005 - 09:41 PM in General Nerf

Huh? I think the NF IX-3 (or whatever the hell it's called) looks pretty nice. And if he is talking about that, it's really old news.

#50654 Gear

Posted by VoLT on 26 March 2005 - 09:38 PM in General Nerf

Usually I just carry 2 PPK'd NFs that I keep in my pockets, plus some ammo in the cargo pockets. Indoors that's about it, unless I feel like using my AT3K. Outdoors, sometimes I use said AT3k or my modded Super Soaker, which I have a carrying strap attached to. It can be sort of annoying to run around when not holding it, because it swings all over the place, but usually I'm using it if I brought it, anyways. So, that about sums it up.

#50653 The New Nite Finder Color Scheme

Posted by VoLT on 26 March 2005 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

You're not talking about the N-Strike NF, are you? Because that one's yellow and blue. I'd like to see this.

#50652 Modded Xbox

Posted by VoLT on 26 March 2005 - 09:28 PM in Off Topic

Holy crap. This is some awesome stuff. As soon as my warrantee expires, I HAVE to mod my Xbox.
One (stupid) question for anybody who's modded their 'Box: Can you put full PC games on it, such as UT2004? That would be so awesome.

#50452 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by VoLT on 24 March 2005 - 07:59 PM in General Nerf

Ah, the power of sarcasm...

#50385 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by VoLT on 23 March 2005 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

I'd laugh so hard if they released another redesigned SM350.
Then I'd cry.
In all seriousness, I'm hoping for the SM750 and Splitfire (my favorite guns, but I don't dare to mod them heavy for fear of breakage).
Also, the more I think about it, the more the tag blasters seem like the Tek series. I just hope they aren't equivalent in crappitude... :/

#50322 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by VoLT on 22 March 2005 - 10:42 PM in General Nerf

Ompa how did you know I'm a guy?

Probably because you don't bitch about everything.

Did you guys get any info on the prices? I'm guessing the twin blasters will be pretty expensive, with all that "armor" and whatnot...

#50295 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by VoLT on 22 March 2005 - 07:56 PM in General Nerf

Are they going to rerelease the Crossbow anytime soon?

lolz u r n00b!11!!!666 didnt u read his post lolz

Anyway. Hot damn! Awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on the Firefly. I'm glad they're back to using the good ol' regular plunger style now, and a rifle's just what I needed. The rapid fire two pack sounds cool, but I'm a little disappointed it doesn't use a pump. We haven't seen a pump since the N-Strike set, but it's all good. Any release is good news.
All that stuff about rereleases makes me giddy. So, uh.. what will they be? B)
Thanks for all the info, OMC and Talio. Ye are gods.

#50279 Mod For Airtech 3000

Posted by VoLT on 22 March 2005 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

busted tanks can be fixed and I'd say the range is worth it.  Just dont overpump it.

If your going to use the gun and you know your not going to overpump it you shouldn't blow the tank, but if you loan guns to people don't plug the pump. Also the range isn't more than 5-10 ft more with a plugged pump.

Heh... the huge "pop" I heard while my... uh, friend was pumping my SM1500 makes me sort of agree. But then again, that's why I don't lend guns out anymore.
Plugging the pump is definitely worth it, IMO. Just keep it away from stupid friends.

#50195 Xbox Live

Posted by VoLT on 21 March 2005 - 07:49 PM in Off Topic

I've got Halo 2 and the UC2 demo. I've played the UC2 demo more than H2... which is sad... *can't wait for the final copy*

#50185 Problem With 1/2inch Pvc

Posted by VoLT on 21 March 2005 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

What I'm asking is, is there any special sort of shape of sandpaper you use to sand down the barrel stubs quickly or anything? I mean, I could just go the way I am and finish the gun with a few more hours of work  :rolleyes: , but I'd just like to know if there's a method that would speed things up (or if CPVC just isn't suitable).

Dremel = best friend for what you want to do. sanding down PVC with sand paper will take forever (trust my I've done it back before I got a dremel). Get a fat cone shaped grinding tool on the end of a dremel and your set to sand insides and outsides of cpvc and pvc.

On the subject of whether cpvc is a good barrel replacement for a at3k however from what I've seen brass or PTEG is a better choice. I can't speak to a direct comparison because I haven't done a barrel replacement on one.

Funny you mention a dremel, because I just got fed up and stole my moms a little whle after I posted that. Now the CPVC fits just fine and the gun works like a dream... except for the fact that I, um, broke the auto-roating mechanism. But that's okay! I've still got another one to mod, and I'll just use this as a guinea pig for cosmetic mods.

#50184 Xbox Live

Posted by VoLT on 21 March 2005 - 06:00 PM in Off Topic

I'm Volt Omega. I haven't gotten to play a lot recently, though.

#50120 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by VoLT on 20 March 2005 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

That is pretty cool. Very clever too! I agree with Grinch, though. A handle that attaches the two cocking mechanisms would be great. Now you just need to attach 4 SSPBs. On each one. :rolleyes:

#50109 Spellcheck

Posted by VoLT on 20 March 2005 - 06:11 PM in Site Feedback

I go with Plan B.
Honestly, I don't think it's too hard to read peoples' posts, and I have a feeling this feature would take quite a bit of coding and time.

#50108 Problem With 1/2inch Pvc

Posted by VoLT on 20 March 2005 - 06:02 PM in Modifications

What I'm asking is, is there any special sort of shape of sandpaper you use to sand down the barrel stubs quickly or anything? I mean, I could just go the way I am and finish the gun with a few more hours of work :rolleyes: , but I'd just like to know if there's a method that would speed things up (or if CPVC just isn't suitable).

#50089 Problem With 1/2inch Pvc

Posted by VoLT on 20 March 2005 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

Well, since this seems to sorta be on the topic, and cx is the expert with AT3Ks, I'll just ask this here. Okay, so I'm trying to do a barrel replacement on my AT3K with CPVC, and it's taking forever. I've been sanding down the barrel stubs for the past hour, and the CPVC still won't fit. Is CPVC a suitable material, or should I get some brass? And if it is, is there any certain method to sanding down the inside of the barrel? Right now I'm just using a small piece of sanding paper and rubbing it around. Thanks for any help.

#49370 I Just Wet Myself

Posted by VoLT on 12 March 2005 - 12:04 AM in General Nerf

First a badass shotgun, now a clip fed rifle? *has a seizure*
AND shell refills. Excellent. Why doesn't Hasbro think of this stuff?

#49367 What Guns Do You Take Into A War?

Posted by VoLT on 11 March 2005 - 11:52 PM in General Nerf

-Or, my ever present 750s. Not only are my 750's indestructable, but they work damn well. Both as long range pistols, but they also can get guns out of other trees. You should all get some, they are quite the bitchin'.

I love 750s. It's hard to believe that so much power could be packed into a gun that small. Even more hard to believe is the fact that my friend gave it to me for free. The one gripe I have is how short the handle is (which doesn't matter for me now, since I just extended the handle and attached it to a stock). Erm, getting back on topic, I recently started using one of my AT3000s in lieu of my 750 dependent on the situation (accuracy or RoF). It's awesome that it's been rereleased. Such a fine gun...

#49340 Alternative Projectile Choices

Posted by VoLT on 11 March 2005 - 06:23 PM in Homemades

Once I was screwing around and put Cheetos in my crayola barrel on my singled AT2k. That was kind of fun. I shot them at the wall and then my girlfriend's dog ate them. This probably wouldn't be effective in a war situation, however.

*Imagines shoving a Subway sandwich down a Titan barrel and firing it into someone's mouth, a la Happy Gilmore*
"Now that's a hole in one!"

#49338 Yet Another Music Thread

Posted by VoLT on 11 March 2005 - 06:14 PM in Off Topic

Ah... I see. I just thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that I was using two different computers. It does seem very possible to be a server problem though, so I'll just go with that. And dual 8GB RAM processors... that's hot.

#49334 Yet Another Music Thread

Posted by VoLT on 11 March 2005 - 05:53 PM in Off Topic

Erm... does anyone know how to uninstall the plugin or atleast log out? I installed it on two computers, and I think that's screwing it up. It says I've only played 14 tracks, but I've played probably like 20x that much so far. Any help is appreciated.
P.S.: 10 members. Woot.

#49308 Alternative Projectile Choices

Posted by VoLT on 11 March 2005 - 12:21 AM in Homemades

Well, one time I shoved a pen down the barrel of my Blast Bazooka.
A lesson well learned...

I'm not sure if this counts, but in a lot of the wars I have with my friends, we have "grenades"... basically, rolled up duct tape we use when reloading or in a tight spot. It can be fun. Cheap, too.
...Like your mom.