b00m13's Content

There have been 353 items by b00m13 (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#361896 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by b00m13 on 04 November 2017 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

Halo_Assault_Rifle.png

#354332 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by b00m13 on 18 June 2016 - 12:54 AM in Modifications

Not quite finished yet, still some detailing and attachments to add on, but it's getting there ^_^
I'm still deciding on whether or not to add some kind of damage details/marks on it.....

20160618_013359_resized.jpg

#353950 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by b00m13 on 03 June 2016 - 03:37 PM in Modifications

It was the last day at NYCC 2015
I had just packed everything away, cosplay props, etc.
Then this hot girl comes up to me and asks for a few pics with me... so like any guy would, I drop everything, put on all the cosplay armor, pull out the Nerf Rayven (that's modded to look like a HALO Assault Rifle) and get ready for some pictures. I thought the guy was her boyfriend or somebody, but nope, he was her professional photographer...
I found that part out when I asked for her facebook page to tag her pics, and it turns out she's a professional BIKINI model... enjoying NY Comic-Con
^_^

IMG_6959.jpg

#353943 Just a few Rayven suggestions

Posted by b00m13 on 03 June 2016 - 12:51 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I never said it was a writeup, I thought the title was clear on that >_<
And IT IS based on the Afterburner mod, but I mentioned on top I didn't want to reply on there 'cuz I checked the date, and it was years since it's been replied on. I remember back then we get banned for bringing up old posts. I'd edit the title a bit if I could... I'll just include it on the top

#353928 Just a few Rayven suggestions

Posted by b00m13 on 02 June 2016 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

If you got a spare Rayven you don't use that's just lying around, you could sell it on eBay for a nice profit or you can try to beef it up w/o making it look like a Frankenstein monster.

You'll need:
Rayven gun
Strfye gun's fly wheel section (the motors, etc.)
A foot or 2 of wires (get red and green if possible, but not necessary)
Solder iron and solder
Resin w/chemical hardener

Bondo w/chemical hardener
Stock Paper (preferred)
Rotary tool
Basic wire stripping/clipping tools, etc.
Common sense

This is based from the dual-stage mod (EDIT: the rayven afterburner build log), but I'm not reviving a 2-year old thread, I think it's frowned on... I don't remember the rules too well...

Open up the gun and clear out any plastic that's blocking the space where the motor's are going to be.
We're all engineers here, so you should know which sections needs to be gotten rid of, and which doesn't need to be touched.
The area where you'll be planting the Stryfe motors is almost like it was made to fit it, perfect amount of space.

001.png

After the wall has been cut, and it allows the motors to jut out from the inside, you'll need to cut a covering for the motors.
I recommend using "Stock Paper". It's a thicker kind of printing paper, it's commonly used by cosplayers to make objects that they eventually turn into harden armors, props, etc. The paper itself is just meant to be glued into a shape, but it's toughness will help it hold its' shape while you apply gel-like paste on it, which eventually harden to a shell harder than drywall. You'll want to make a "Box cover" to protect the motors from contact with the paste, and for it to hold the form of a wall for the side of the gun.

From the picture below, that's only 1 suggestion to cut the paper, there's several ways to do it, or you can even fold it like an origami and just glue it, pick w/e you want, just make it a cover lid that fits the motors PERFECTLY!!

002.png

Once you've made the cover, find the exact spot you'll plant the motors.
Put the cover on there, and paint it with "RONDO"
First paint the outside (the outer shell of the Rayven), let it dry, then paint a thin layer on the inside, this should make a strong merging.
Use some common sense on how to do this. If you feel you need to have the motors in place to do the insides. then make sure it's covered, perhaps wrap it with some aluminium foil (Rondo doesn't really stick to it, and it's thin enough not to effect the spacing).

Once the outer layer is dry and harden, just give it a nice sanding to clean it up. The flat surface should be 1 or 2 mm's more out than that section's original surface (notice on the right picture below, the smooth newly formed surface is only 1 mm higher than either of its' sides).

003.png

You don't really need to do much with the Rayven's motors because you're not depending on it to shoot the darts out to the barrel.
The resistors on the Stryfe motors are the ones you'll need to clip. Both of those will be taking in the full 6 volts each. Make sure to solder the wiring exactly as shown. Cover any exposed wires that are close to other exposed wires with electrical tape.

004.png

The orange tube will be thinner than the entrance tube of the Stryfe so you'll need an adapter to fit it better. You can use several materials; PVC, rolls of paper/tape, foam, w/e. as long as it aims the tub in the center of the entrance, directing the dart right into the fly-wheels.

You'll also have to cut a section of the trigger because it will be blocking the Stryfe motor, just check the picture (light blue) to know which area and how much to cut.

005.png

The rest are just optional.
A nice piece of foam to replace the clip button on the lower back, and if you lend out your guns to others to play, and they're newbs. You don't want them to spend the first half of the time, sticking their fingers into the jam door because they pulled the push trigger before pulling the motor activation trigger.
So it's best to make the trigger inoperable if the motors aren't spinning.

006.png

Now I'm just bragging~
That's NYCC 2015, and yeah, Nathan Fillion (HALO ODST Buck) is holding my rifle.
I liked that gun a lot, but it's major flaw was that it was 1 piece. Try walking around NYC with that...
So, next time, I'll make it more compact...

007.png
(Charlie's Angel pose; obviously!!)

a bikini model also asked to take some pics with it ^_^

IMG_6959.jpg

Next time, it'll be able to detach into 2 parts, and shoot more smoothly.
Just hope I finish in time... my major weaknesses... procrastination, easily distracted, on PC when I should be working on the stuff I want done~

008.png

Feel free to skip this next section

20160528_163341.png

#353820 Nerf Wars Pictures/Footage Thread

Posted by b00m13 on 28 May 2016 - 09:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Nerf_pose.png

Hey Mike, impressive arrows, if you got some lighter tip for the arrows, I'm pretty sure I can get even more hits.

Nerf_Power.png

Looks like Jeff had a good time

Nerf_Rush.png

Apparently if you aim the camera at the group, they'll charge you

nerf_suicide.png

Nerf_photo.png

Props at the blue shirt dude with the poney-tail for capturing the flag~!! Don't worry about about what that kid says, the game was still on, no one agreed to a stalemate.

#353790 [NY] NYC Red Vs Blue war (May 28)

Posted by b00m13 on 27 May 2016 - 01:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn... it's gonna be even hotter tomorrow.
Bring lot of water ppl.

#348697 NYC Pew pew August 22nd in Central Park

Posted by b00m13 on 09 September 2015 - 06:48 PM in Nerf Wars

A bump for the upcoming one this Saturday Sept/12.

#348352 Zing Air Tek bows kick nuts!

Posted by b00m13 on 11 August 2015 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

I'm sure there are already mods with the Zing Air Firetek Bow that are like

Posted Image

but this thread isn't really about the mod, it's mainly about the fun you can have with it after you do it because of how insanely accurate it is!
I've built made many homemades and modified a bit of Nerf guns in the past, but they don't really shoot where you're aiming for after 70' (usually the grouping is about 8-10' apart, and it's not even in a straight like; it's about 5'+ to the left or right from the line you shot down).

These Zing bow and arrows are obviously not for quick reloading, or to be used in wars, they are just super accurate and friggin' fun, as shown in my video, so please click on the link below and laugh your ass off!

We made it in Manhattan Union Square after we saw Ant-Man (Which BTW, has 2 secret scenes after the credits).

https://youtu.be/zCxfPNyfqjc

#348011 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by b00m13 on 24 July 2015 - 12:04 AM in Modifications

If I finish my cosplay in time, I'll be bringing this to NY Comic-Con 2015
It would be great to get a vid of Nathan Fillion firing it (Buck from Halo, Malcolm in Firefly, Castle in Castle).

I want to give a special thanks to shandsgator8 for getting me the small screws to combine the 2 halves of the gun back together. I misplaced the ones it originally came with, heh.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#345115 Some upcoming Mattel blasters for the year

Posted by b00m13 on 19 February 2015 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

Heh, don't feel old Spud, I'd trade ages with you if I could. Please remember to mod safely in well ventilated areas, heated/burning plastic fumes is very bad for you. And no problem guys, glad to share the info, please make sure to support these Mattel BoomCo. guys well, spread the word around. Even tell those who aren't nerf, but just Halo fans. They might like a well recognizable Needler.

#345072 Some upcoming Mattel blasters for the year

Posted by b00m13 on 18 February 2015 - 10:32 PM in General Nerf

Hi guys. I saw these blasters on a Halo fan site and just wanted to share them with you.
These were displayed on this year's NY Toy Fair a few days ago. I wish they sold tickets to the public T_T

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's also a few new non-Halo related blasters included as well.

Here's a new tri-barreled gun

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

To see the full page go to here

Have fun guys!

Edit, thx Zombona for the video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8nED36TF44

#344518 Nerf meets Meetup?

Posted by b00m13 on 22 January 2015 - 11:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Woah 11 single dudes or were there plus ones? I know 4-5 +1's that are pretty worthy of being standalone but just follow me. Anyway, would we be playing SAMBO or NIC style wars in Central park, because SAMBO is what most of my friends are.

The 11 was all together (6 ppl from the page who brought 1-2 friends each), and they just played with stock everything. The people never heard of a modded blaster before they saw mine. My fave moment was when it got dark, and I was tired. I warned this teen if he tried to capture our flag and shot me while I was guarding it, I'd find him after the games and shoot his butt cheek point blank. He thought I was kidding. Haha, he never got shot with a stefan by the shotgun (foam ball shotgun with the strong large spring) before. He should have just taken the flag w/o tagging me.

#344389 Nerf meets Meetup?

Posted by b00m13 on 19 January 2015 - 09:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah it's true about Central Park. It's so big no one cared about what we were doing. A few 20y/o-30y/o were interested, but we didn't have enough extras to let them join. We managed to have about 11 ppl meetup that afternoon.

#344329 Nerf meets Meetup?

Posted by b00m13 on 16 January 2015 - 08:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi Doggy, as a fellow New Yorker, you know it's freezing right now (20-40 degrees every day).
If you make a page on the meetup, I'll definitely join in, and we can create upcoming events for the months ahead.
Like for the summer times.
I've been working on a few projects a while back. One is based on high accuracy I came across on youtube, and the other is just another replica from a game.
It would be great to meet some other NYers for weekend wars. Let me know if you do create a meetup group.

#344303 Nerf meets Meetup?

Posted by b00m13 on 16 January 2015 - 02:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Hi Nerf guys
I'm sure many of you here already know about meetup, and use it on occasion.
For those of you who never heard of it, it's a site where you can search for "common interests".
The people there create pages to find & attract others with a common interest in anything; from hobbies, activities, games, etc.
I've been a member there for a couple of years now, and am in a few groups (softball group, card games group, geeky people groups, etc).

The depressing thing though, is that there's no official Nerf meetup group.
I searched "Nerf", and expanded my distance up to 100 miles, and not one groups' name showed up.
This isn't because there's no event coming up soon or anything because I checked the Nerf Wars schedule, and there's a few within 50 miles coming up in the next few months.

Now personally, I would like to join up in one, just to be alerted via email when someone updates a group event on the site, but I'm no group leader.
There are several of you here that goes to hundreds of these events, and hosted them as well.
I ask that someone (responsible), create a group on meetup.com and post it here for the members to signup. I'm sure it'll get hundreds of members easily.

The events won't be limited to just a single State. Anyone from the group can create an event, and ask for it to be posted on the "upcoming events" calendar.

For those of you who are lucky enough to do wars every other weekend. You can create you own page for your usual friends to check on updates, and it'll allow anyone who are new to it to search for your event dates and just join in.
That's how I found out about a local softball meetup group last summer, and I've been playing with them every weekend since then.

Anyways, here's the link:

http://www.meetup.com/find/

I hope some of you will consider creating one for the forum, or at least a small one for your city.
It would be nice to have one in NYC, a random activities group I was in had a Nerf war in Central Park a few months ago.
Since the park is a few miles wide, we had no problem finding a spot for ourselves. The joggers and police didn't bother us, and it felt nice shooting a modded Nerf gun at someone again.

^_^

#333184 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by b00m13 on 18 August 2013 - 02:17 AM in Modifications

I've been working on a cosplay for the NY ComicCon this year since April.
Since half a decade ago, I've always admired FA24's Lancer mod. It took some serious engineering skills to think up and create that beast.
I wanted to build one too, but one of my own design, so after not modding anything for about 4.5 years now, here's the result of my hard work for the last 4 months.
It too has the chainsawing action, but unlike previous mods (that I know of... I've been out of the loop for years), mine's semi-auto.
PS, I still have 2 months left to finish the other pieces for my cosplay outfit... better stop procrastinating

Posted Image

#300649 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by b00m13 on 28 June 2011 - 01:59 AM in Homemades

Posted Image

Posted Image

I had some spare time last week ^^;

#269794 Reverse Plunger Dead Space Killing Method

Posted by b00m13 on 20 March 2010 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

Gluing in a straw as a sort of internal coupler would then actually make reducing the deadspace worth doing, as the straw is now the "weakest link" so to speak as far as airflow goes. So yeah, if you cut the bolt open, use something like 17/32 brass whch fits in almost perfectly and is much wider than a straw.

Actually I didn't say glue in a straw, I said the thick straws, like the ones you get from those bubble tea drinks which are about 17/32" (if it's a bit loose, then as I mentioned before, just use wrap some E-tape around it until it has a tight fit inside the tubing).
Posted Image

The length of the straw would be about 3/8" if you want to fill in as much of the space as possible.

#269737 Reverse Plunger Dead Space Killing Method

Posted by b00m13 on 20 March 2010 - 01:23 PM in Modifications

Hi guys, first, sorry for bumping an old thread but I had to.

I want to recommend to you guys to NOT preform this mod.
I'm sorry nihil413, I'm sure you were just trying to be of help, but TantumBull's right about this mod, and it just wont work. I can say for sure because I've tried this same mod with the Recons when they were first released, and I've tried it again this morning on my new Long Strike, based on your instructions exactly.

It's disappointing, I know, but like they say "less is more", "keep it simple", etc.

If you really want to get an enhanced performance out of your LS, then just follow Slug's Recon AR Removal Mod. It works just as well as it did for the Recon, I know because I tried it and got an instant 15+ feet from the streamline dart.

For those of you that don't have access to a wood-boring drill bit, then you could go "old-school" and use a simple tube cutter and cut the area where the AR+spring's located (shine it to the light to see through the plastic if you need). After you remove the AR+peg, make sure you seal up any leaks on the tube when you glue it back together (don't leave ANY LEAKS). Best way is to probably use those thick straws and wrap some E-tape around it until the straw is thick enough to tightly fit inside the 2 tubes (as a connector), and then glue the tubes with some Krazy glue. If you want to know where I made the cut, look at this pic.
Posted Image
You can use the dart clip as reference.

To nihil413, I'd like to suggest that perhaps you could change your thread; from killing dead-space to just an AR removal thread. Again, thanks for even trying to post a thread for the Long Strike, besides for yours, I couldn't even find another on the mod-directory.

#251930 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by b00m13 on 28 September 2009 - 02:29 AM in Modifications

/

#251929 New York Anime Festival Nyaf

Posted by b00m13 on 28 September 2009 - 02:24 AM in Off Topic

Hey guys/gals!! The New York Anime Festival was this weekend and it was a blast!! It was just my luck that I had a seizure on the Saturday morning that I was supposed to go... but I didn't care what the doctor said, because NOTHING was going to prevent me from going!! After a few blood pressure tests, and a nap overnight at the hospital, I was told that I'm fine, and that I could leave, so I got the hell out of there and prepared for the Anime Festival. After waiting for my friend to get out of his house (they were having a party for his sister's wedding... just my freaking luck), we finally got on the train straight for the Jacob Javits Center.
It was beautiful!! Young & Old, people of all ages cosplaying, just having a great time!! And the girls!! There were quite a few incredibly cute girls there...

some were venders:

Posted Image

some were cosplayers:

Posted Image

and some were just regularly dressed people that I just had to take a few pictures with...

Posted Image

Hehe... she said I was cute and pulled out a couple of Pixy Stix from her shirt for me.

Hmmm, where was I? Ah, right!! So anyone else out there who also went to the NYAF this weekend, please feel free to post some pictures, maybe tell a story or two, but mainly don't be shy to post the pictures... especially if they include cute girls ^_~
C'mon Echnalaid, you must have taken a few pictures of girls, you were there!!

Ah, for more pictures of the Anime Festival, just click HERE <--- It'll include many more girls!! and guns!!

#251054 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by b00m13 on 20 September 2009 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

WOOT~!!

I finally finished my best friend, Jeff's, HALO Assault Rifle. So... sorry Echnalaid... I guess you won't get to see the one I posted previously in person... instead you'll be seeing my friend's brand new MA5C~!!

It has a slightly different look then the other 1; it comes with a new front grip handle and a built-in laser.

#250720 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by b00m13 on 17 September 2009 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

Just a sneak peek at a 'lil something I made for my best friend to bring to the New York Anime Festival at the Jacob Javits Center this Sept 26.

A special thanks to Echnalaid for reminding me about it, I hope to see you there that day (I'll be going as Monkey D. Luffy, and if my friend Jeff gets his shirt made in time, then he'll go as an ODST soldier /w the MA5C Assault Rifle of course ^_^)

#244360 Nerf Wars On Wikipedia

Posted by b00m13 on 28 July 2009 - 02:47 PM in General Nerf

I must have missed the original article because it seems mostly accurate now... :lol:

The same with me, I thought it did make sense and I couldn't find any humor with it...

A little disappointed though, I was kind of interested in the laugh that you guys got... any chance someone copied and saved the original funny posts? Perhaps you could upload a copy of it here for the rest of us that missed out on the fun.

#240519 Titan/magstrike Integration

Posted by b00m13 on 06 July 2009 - 07:26 PM in Modifications

Judging from the Red Light and the form of the gun, I would have guessed that you were inspired by BSG's Cylon Raider.

#228942 Longshot Front Gun Shoots 45'

Posted by b00m13 on 08 May 2009 - 12:01 AM in Modifications

Wow! Impressive. I especially like the bunny hopping around in the background. :P

I'm pretty sure that was a squirrel (judging from it's long tail, and that it's more common to see a squirrel in backyards instead of bunnies).

For the video, I clicked it a 5 star. The video quality was great, explanation was clear, and results were all legit as we could clearly see from the vid, but like Schizo said... just wished such a well preformed mod was done on a more deserving gun then a LS front gun.

#228938 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by b00m13 on 07 May 2009 - 11:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Have a great day guys, and please take tons of pics and hours of videos.
As for the comment above, you'd have to be a fool to pass that offer up.
$4 for a drink and a large plate of Italian food, that means you wont have to bag your own food; it'll be cooked so you wont have to settle for a cold sandwich; and it comes with a cold drink, all for just $4!!

#228936 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by b00m13 on 07 May 2009 - 11:36 PM in Modifications

My first Pumpshot Gun.
I was so excited... at first... but then in the end... I was a bit disappointed.
The results were great as expected, but, the whole experience was so short/fast.
I just wished it could have lasted a bit longer (STFU anyone of you thinking "that's what she said").

Posted Image

#227418 Armageddon X

Posted by b00m13 on 01 May 2009 - 12:26 AM in Nerf Wars

I have always believed that most things in life should not be taken too seriously. And nerf least of all. It's kids toys. Have some maturity and just have fun with it like it was meant to be.

You really believe Nerf is just a toy brand, and that it shouldn't be taken seriously?
You damn poor soul... if you truly believe that; you'll never make it.
Please allow me to tell you about the truth, the truth that has been hidden from many of the members in this and other Nerf forums.

It all started in the future... 2018, Judgment Day. The year that the machines rose up and took our world from us in a nuclear holocaust. Humanity didn't stand a chance, because we had all become peace loving pussies with our medical breakthroughs, and electrical cars that put an end to wars over oil, etc.
But one man knew it was coming decades before it had come. That man set up bunkers/bomb shelters/etc. and gathered an army of scientists to create a time machine to allow men to come back in time to make a difference, and that man... was... Christian Bale~ Er... correction, John Connor!!

He sent men back 44 years, back to 1974 to put operation "Nuke 'Em Robotic F*ck*rs!" (N.E.R.F) into place.
From then on, children were allowed to "play" with guns and weapons w/o having to wait until they're old enough to get laid; they could prepare themselves to fight for survival right away at the age of six.

But something unforeseen happened. The machines from the future discovered our plan to train soldiers from children, so they started to study us, then when they were ready, they sent their Terminators.
They were smart though. They knew that if they just started to kill off the manufacturers; that we'd notice our product managers were dropping off like flies. So they sent back T-455's. Those models would infiltrate the public and write complaints to the corporations were making the "toys" too dangerous for children, forcing the N.E.R.F corp to literally nerf their products.

Throughout the decades, the "toys" were nerfed to useless pieces of crap. They couldn't train children to shoot a target 10 feet from them let alone 100 feet. Something had to be done if operation N.E.R.F were to succeed. When the new millennium arrived, all over the world Nerf forums sprouted up; from the East to the West/from the Atlantic to the Pacific~back to the Atlantic/etc. All were setup as a backup plan to help train the future warriors TODAY!! To train/teach us to fight and survive in real war-like situations, to help teach us how to repair our weapons; should they malfunction on us, and most importantly to teach us... that WE (HUMANITY) need to put aside our differences and play together... or THEY (THE MACHINES) WIN!!!

For anyone that thinks this was all just a story... I ask you to check the other Nerf dedicated forums... and look at all of the recently closed threads on THIS forum. How all of them, have just recently been hit with a plague of retarded posts/posters. You believe it's all just a coincidence? It's the work of the MACHINES!!! They are posting DUMBASS THREADS in hope of DUMBING YOU MODDERS/SOLDIERS down!!! So when you see a stupid-ass new thread that has nothing to do with Nerf or if it just seems too stupid to be real, just leave it alone and don't even type replies like "I'm not trying to back-seat mod, but be careful new guy", and just let the admins close them down (Don't reply to those kind of threads because in the end you'll be falling for the Machine's trap of keeping the thread alive!!!)

Still don't believe the Machines are such a threat? Don't believe that they can infiltrate humanity so well? Especially without any of us knowing for all of these years?

Then...

prepare yourself...

and perhaps this will open your eyes...

I am in fact a robot.

Posted Image <--- Click to see how badly we'll get owned if we don't shape ourselves up today...

#227146 Gorram Paint Bloom...

Posted by b00m13 on 29 April 2009 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

You also watch WAY too much Firefly.

Blasphemy!

I was thinking something similar, come on wisdom000. Grab your guitar and let me clear my throat.

"Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me... "

Still a 'lil pissed that they canceled it before revealing more/all of Shepherd's back-story.

#227080 That Ma5c Halo Gun-wannabe Thingy That Buzzbee Made~

Posted by b00m13 on 29 April 2009 - 02:55 PM in Modifications

Nice mod as usual. Can't wait for the paintjob. Did u ever consider what Forsaken_angel24 did for the pump on his Halo MA5C Ifle contract?

Thanks, and I actually did that for the first MA5C mod I gave to my friend, but we both didn't like how the pumping handle has to stick out of the side of the gun, which was why I asked if he wanted me to just make him a folding handle that can be hidden when not in use (for this mod); but he said nope and it's his gun so I had to compromise for this kind of pumping handle.

Nice mod! By the way where did you buy the gun?

Again, thanks, and the gun was bought from Toys R Us (I think the prices was $14.99).

#227075 That Ma5c Halo Gun-wannabe Thingy That Buzzbee Made~

Posted by b00m13 on 29 April 2009 - 02:39 PM in Modifications

Nice mod. Wow, you've been really busy with all these mods you have been putting out haven't you?

Thanks man, actually like many of us, I'm just waiting for the restocking of those "new" Lanard shotguns.

That looks real nice. Got some complicated wiring goin' on there. :lol:

I think what smealgolsaur was trying to say was that credit should be given where credit is due. You definitely didn't duplicate his thread (that was a dumb thing to say on his part)

Between you and me, the wiring was mostly trial & errors. It took about 2 hours of wiring and re-wiring to get it to control the side lights and the flashlight, then another 40 mins to decide to whether or not to risk everything on an "all or nothing" plan to power just the flashlight.

Don't get all teary-eyed on me now Duder

And Duder... :wacko:

#226975 Hornet Mods

Posted by b00m13 on 28 April 2009 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

Try this one, it's kind of an "oldie" but you have all the gun parts already (just need some cheap wood from Home Depot) Make Me~!!

#226866 Lock N' Load Problem

Posted by b00m13 on 28 April 2009 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

Basic recommendations I can give are:

Make sure your stefan aren't too loose inside the barrel.

&

Make sure the barrel length itself isn't too long for a spring handgun; 3", 3.5", 4" are pretty good for most (personally I usually stick with 3"-3.5").

PS Grats on getting a LnL, I actually got to try one a few days ago, and those things are great pistols!!

#226861 That Ma5c Halo Gun-wannabe Thingy That Buzzbee Made~

Posted by b00m13 on 28 April 2009 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

Hey Duder, jerm78 was the first to effectuate this mod, so give him credit rather than someone else.

Jerm posted a full write-up, so next time search through the threads instead of making a duplicate.

1. The username's "b00m13", not "Duder"

2. It's hard to remember each and every mod ever made on this site. It was just a small honest mistake that I had forgotten that a similar mod was made before. You could have just simply PM'd me about this, no need to get all worked up Duder. No offense or anything, but it's kind of things like this that makes some modders worry if they'll be unappreciated for their write-ups and wonder if they should keep quiet about their work.

3. As you've just suggested, I searched up his thread, and compared it to my own, and there were a few noticeable differences.
One was that he used an AT2k's internals & I used SM750's; another thing was that in my guide, I added and explained how to rewire the electrical stuff so that you can now control the flashlight system w/o having to pull the trigger; and lastly in my guide, I wrote down detailed instructions on what to do for each step... So I'd appreciate it if you didn't claim that I just simply duplicated his thread.

Before I forget, readers, please also give credit to jerm78 as he "was the first to effectuate this mod".

#226777 That Ma5c Halo Gun-wannabe Thingy That Buzzbee Made~

Posted by b00m13 on 28 April 2009 - 12:56 AM in Modifications

Okay, before anyone even mentions it. I know there's no paint-job; and how it'll look sweeter with a paint-job; and w/e other comments relating to a paint-job. I just want to say a few things.
First, this isn't my first MA5C mod, I've made 1 for my friend before with a paint-job, working flashlights, etc.
And like the rest of the guns I've given him, he somehow managed to break it in under a month. So this is in fact the second MA5C he's getting.
Secondly, I didn't paint this one because I have no skills with spray painting these things... I've practiced before, but I just have no skill what-so-ever~
So I'm going to give it to my friend to paint it (he's never spray painted anything before in his life, but who knows... maybe he'll have "beginner's luck").

Now lets start this thing.
Open up that sad excuse for a rip-off Halo Assault Rifle. Remove the sound speaker and that long green electrical thingy in the middle of the frame. (You'll need to cut the wires of course, so make sure you've taken out all of the batteries; including that free mini battery they include, to avoid any injuries).

Next just follow the instructions given on the following pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This next few steps will involve the making of the barrel, pump, & trigger devices~

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saw a thin line (on the right frame of the gun) allowing you to stick a metal rod of some sort into the plunger and pump the pump. Look at the pics below for reference.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here's the control switch for your flashlight.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lastly, I personally hate doing and claiming what ranges the gun can get. Why? Because we all use different darts; we make them/buy them differently. The thing I hate most is when someone feels that they need to compensate for some small thing by claiming that their mod can get a super long distance. The previous Nerf war I've been to had some of the most powerful/professionally built Nerf guns ever, and they don't always get 100'+, and they don't need to either because in those fast paced rushes, your target is at farthest only 50' away. I'm starting to ramble on there, so w/e~ and here's a picture of the result of the first dart I fired with it.

Posted Image

The pressure from the blast was so great that it ripped the dart inside-out... and that's all I got~
Some nice feedbacks/comments are always well appreciated~
Any "not-so-nice" feedbacks/comments should just be PM'd or kept to yourself~

#226529 Nj Nerf Out - Needs Clever Name

Posted by b00m13 on 27 April 2009 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Grrr!! Okay!! Who did it?
Who changed my name from b00m13 to BzerozeroMonethree
I know it wasn't Groove because he promised he wouldn't do it on Sat; it's not VACC because he claims he didn't do it and that although I'm annoying... I'm not annoying enough to earn his "ire"; it couldn't have been Talio because he's like a gentle giant IRL; and it's obviously not CaptainSlug for obvious reasons... so that just leaves OMC!!!

GRRR OMC!!! Return my name!!! >_<

...plz >_<

#226501 Big Bad Bow Problems

Posted by b00m13 on 27 April 2009 - 11:11 AM in Modifications

Sure Mez. Try cutting off about that much from the pic. If it's not enough, then slice off very thin layers slowly until it works perfectly. Also, very important, you'll need to wrap a few layers of E-tape around the orange stick that goes through the rubber piece to make sure the rubber piece stays on. Otherwise it might come off after a few shots, so with the E-tape wrapped around the orange piece, it'll give it a better grip and wont slip off.

Posted Image

Also a suggestion. For the orange head piece (the one with the purple filling in your pic above), try wrapping 1 layer of E-tape around the edge of it, and wrap it so that you can flip half of the E-tape inwards into the inside of the orange head piece. It should give it a better seal when you re-assemble the gun together, and give it a tighter grip.

#226495 Nj Nerf Out - Needs Clever Name

Posted by b00m13 on 27 April 2009 - 10:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Highlights
-Loosing, then finding my glasses

OMG, I think I can speak for JK as well when I say we're all glad you found your glasses in the end. I don't even want to imagine WTF would have happened to us if you drove w/o them. We're still having night terrors about that 180 turn you did while going at 40 MPH in the highway. T_T *hands still shaking*

PS Don't forget to thank the man that made everything possible that day guys~

so, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING FAMINE!!! And I'm saving my name-tag as a memento (T_T)