madmax's Content

There have been 59 items by madmax (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#263216 R3ker: Now On Hold Due To Trigger Issues

Posted by madmax on 25 January 2010 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

Throwing ideas here, maybe if you disconnected the tank and reconnected it using tubing somehow, that way the tubing would bend but the tank would stay in the same spot. That way you could use popatachi's trigger idea.

#260538 Battle For New York 4

Posted by madmax on 02 January 2010 - 10:01 PM in Nerf Wars

FUCKING Effeminate! I may have slight frostbite, but it was worth it.

Highlights

-I'm sorry Lucian (I think), but this has to go on here, EXTREME BARREL TAP!
-5 shots and 5 kills in the free for all last round
-raider rush's in the zombie round
-sliding down ice for the hell of it
-ninja zombie! (scaling a cliff to get to people as a zombie)
-having my crossbow not break for the entire day!
-RIDE THE BULL!
-tossing the bull off a 50 foot (about) cliff and watching it bounce, unharmed
-150 foot arc shot with the crossbow, maybe more, but not less than 130

#260133 Battle For New York 4

Posted by madmax on 29 December 2009 - 09:53 PM in Nerf Wars

We need a zombie round, otherwise the stock raider will serve no purpose.

#259093 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by madmax on 15 December 2009 - 06:09 PM in Off Topic

I don't believe there available to the players yet, its just those are the first two unlocks for the demo.

#257770 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by madmax on 01 December 2009 - 11:01 PM in Off Topic

Im not sure if my ID is floating around here yet, but im "[CNS]count flopulon the third" at the moment. I frequent l4d2 now, tf2 of course... cod4 because im too cheap to buy cod4:2. Im generally on steam all the time, so if your up for a game or two hit me up.

#249428 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by madmax on 02 September 2009 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: Zues, he throws thunderbolts at things, this gun throws darts at things.

Mods Done: Level 3.5ish, it doesn't have that much reinforcement beside the plunger rod, but it does have a redone plunger tube (one of those plumbing pipes split used) A really nice 12+ inch brass breach complete with fake ports on the front. It is 17/32 brass with tightening rings and then 1/2 brass.

Integrations: A 1 pump at2k, powered by the monstrosity faststeeled to the bottom of the gun. Sure it doesn't look the best, but its a great secondary and it makes the gun much more balanced weight wise

Comments: This crossbow has been through so many iterations, it had a splitfire on a rail for a while before the splitfire blew up, then it had nothing, then it had a at2k, then the at2k blew up, then it had nothing again, and now it has this at2k. It seems that every time I go to a nerf war it breaks/malfunctions/isn't awesome enough so essentially every major war I have been to in the last year has caused some new mod to this crossbow. And now I am finally happy, at least until I go to a nerf war and the at2k inevitably falls out and shatters on impact, causing the barrel and coupler to shoot off of the crossbow.

#248996 Novint Falcon

Posted by madmax on 29 August 2009 - 12:33 PM in Off Topic

That's a good point, I'm not sure that you can get the falcon anywhere except online, so unfortunately I can't really go out and test it. Does anyone on the forums own one? It would be interesting to get an opinion from someone who owns it.

#248961 Novint Falcon

Posted by madmax on 28 August 2009 - 10:41 PM in Off Topic

For people who don't know what the novint falcon is, .

The novint falcon is this really cool joystick for computer games. It essentially tries to replicate the feel of actually being in the game (at least through your hand). For example, using a gun with the falcon produces a recoil in the actual grip, not just a quick jerk up in game. Different weapons also feel differently.

I figured I would post this thread because if anyone wanted to buy the falcon, this will help. The falcon is unfortunately pretty expensive, and I have something that can help! If you do want to buy the falcon use the code madmax upon checkout, and you will get 20% off! I'm not trying to advertise it, but I figured at least one person will save some money from this.

Just to show that I'm not lying

Posted Image

#247247 Rifling Barrels

Posted by madmax on 16 August 2009 - 05:23 PM in Homemades

My friend and I rifled barrels a while ago using a piece of brass with the ends cut and splayed out. We heated it up, and pulled it while turning through a normal cpvc barrel, and it actually rifled nicely. This actually did spin the dart, even without a titan (we used a crossbow). Unfortunately, it really did not increase the range or accuracy in any noticeable way. We did use normal darts though, maybe if you created a more effective dart to grip the barrel it would do more, but it seems like it would take way to much time. Add that to the fact that we don't use sights or anything, so even if we were able to increase the effective range of a titan to 200 feet, we would never actually shoot anyone from that far away. Also, its easier to dodge a dart going in a laser straight line than a dart moving in a more unpredictable way.

#245068 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by madmax on 01 August 2009 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Few pros and cons:

Pros:
Getting 3 headshots in 1 round
Awesome lead shot on famine, I think.
Gunslinger heaven, getting 3 kills in one life, 2 barrel taps.
Finally remembering how to use a maxshot properly, then promptly being owned by the GURU mk.II. Funny death scene though.
Not running out of darts is a pretty big bonus.
The clusterfuck that was the giant primary war towards the end, damn good game.

Cons:
My crossbow broke 5 minutes into the first round, thats really all I can think of.

Effeminate war overall, wasn't a total clusterfuck which is I guess a huge success for that amount of people. Cant wait till next years.

Edit: Damn, I got crookrolled.

#244789 What I've Been Working On

Posted by madmax on 30 July 2009 - 09:55 PM in Off Topic

[/quote]
Acceleration is much weaker (to be expected from a 2hp motor) but the ride is much smoother since you don't have the vibration of the 250cc engine.
[/quote]

Smooth ride is always good. When the dirt bikes we have kick the bucket, ill see if my parents will let me build a kickass electric bike out of one of them.

#244668 What I've Been Working On

Posted by madmax on 30 July 2009 - 12:36 AM in Off Topic

That is really really REALLY cool. Compared to the original bike how does it handle?

#243424 Lanard Sawed-off Handcannon

Posted by madmax on 23 July 2009 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

The plunger tube looks enormous. How does the plunger tube compare to a nitefinder plunger, or something else like that? Also, what is the air output like?

#238743 Madmax's Sales Thread

Posted by madmax on 26 June 2009 - 12:01 PM in Off Topic

Last time I posted a off-topic sale in off-topic no admin said it wasn't allowed, so I figured I'm good to go.

PSP:

This is in good condition, I have had it for about 3 years now and it is still in good condition. There are no scratches on the screen, in fact it comes with both a screen protector and this flip down thing that covers the screen protector. Lot comes with PSP, charger, battery pack, 1gb memory stick, and GTA liberty city stories. I also have custom firmware installed so you also get some Mario games, metal gear solid (don't remember which one) and Zelda: ocarina of time.

Front view of the PSP: Posted Image

Memory stick: Posted Image

Bundle: Posted Image

The game is in the PSP at the moment. Yes, it does still work, I just tested it.

PSP games:

I also have the game SOCOM US naby seals Fireteam Bravo 2. wont come with the PSP but I will be selling it.

I also have the family guy frekin sweet collection for the PSP. Its a few of the better episodes. The case is beat up but the disc is fine.

Computer games:

Flight Simulator X: deluxe edition. Fun game. If anyone really wants it I can also sell my joystick to go with the game.

Star Wars Battlefront 2. Also an amazing game. The flight in this game is also fun.

Quake 4: Yes I know its an old game, but its fucking awesome. Especially with cheats. Also the gibs are cool.

Game Cube games:

Only one so far, FIFA 06 soccer.

Lets do this by the bid system. First person puts a bid down. If that bid is sill the highest after 3 days the item goes to that person. I wont take ridiculously low bids (not 1$ bids people). I kind of expect like 10$ for each of the games. In fact why don't we start the bidding there? PSP will go to the highest bidder after 5 days, because I imagine more people want the PSP.

Thanks for your time, and I hope you buy.

#235252 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by madmax on 09 June 2009 - 05:17 PM in Modifications

Coop: NICE! It is a really cool feeling to see someone else do my mod. I like how you also dremeled out the orange piece instead of just cutting it. Its really cool, I tried you crossbow mod (integrated 2k, absolutely love it) and you've done my mod. FULL CIRCLE!

Zorn's Lemma: I honestly don't know. It's probably faster than a coupler and 1 barrel, but not if theres a speedloader or multiple barrels involved. I just love brass breaches and had some brass lying around (I was hyped up on caffeine) so I tried the mod, and it worked pretty well.

#235120 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by madmax on 08 June 2009 - 10:21 PM in Modifications

alextwin007: That was my gun, I am in clan nightshift, the people who hosted BFNY I, II and III. Glad you liked the gun.

Shrub: Its not really necessary to have a breach on a side arm, but I don't like ramrods because I always loose them.

Pointblank: Same here, this is the only gun so far that I have actually been able to integrate the breech into, on every other gun its outside of the gun shell. The tech target is perfect for this mod.

#235072 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by madmax on 08 June 2009 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

FEARNERFER: I want to create a balsa wood clip or something like that. The clip would extend either at a 45 degree angle from the gun or straight to the right/left. That way the darts would roll into the breach instead of falling one end first or something like that.

Gym: Its a manual breech, separate from the cocking mech. Its probably possible to integrate the two, but then the breech would open when you fired the gun.

Thanks white moonlight, I feel it looks cleaner than if the breech was in front of the gun, as it is its all contained.

#235053 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by madmax on 08 June 2009 - 07:17 PM in Modifications

XRUSHEDX: It probably does, but its extremely close to airtight, so if it does at all, it will be a small amount. I will probably post ranges when I get rubberbands for it.

Possemhunter: The opening on the plunger tube is about the size of a screwdriver head, so the dart cannot fit through. It really doesn't matter what order you cock/load its really up to the person using the gun. Personally, I normally cock right before I fire, like as i'm pulling the gun out of a holster, so the spring doesn't get to compressed.

MOD_FREAK: Thanks, thats why I love nested brass and PEX tubing. I might drill holes in the PEX to make it look like a flash-hider.

ilzot: Mine used to vacuum load, but somehow I screwed it up. This is a good mod if you cant get it to vacuum load.

#235040 Mother Of All Mod Contests Submissions

Posted by madmax on 08 June 2009 - 06:50 PM in Modifications

Tech Target brass breach http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=16817

Best of luck to everyone.

#235038 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by madmax on 08 June 2009 - 06:48 PM in Modifications

OK, here goes.

How many of you have every gotten tired of ram-roding darts or pushing them in with your finger. How many of you have random pieces of brass lying around? Well, if you fit into these categories, its time for a change. Introducing the Internal Brass Breached Tech Target(IBBTTG)

Posted Image

Final project will look like this. Lets get started.

Materials

Brass, 9/16 and 17/32

Dremel with cutting bit (for the brass)

First open up your gun. Make sure that when you open up the gun you do not loose this piece

Posted Image

Take everything else out and put it somewhere safe, we are going to be working with on of the half shells of the gun. Pick the side that you want your breach to be on. Now you want to cut out a rectangular hole in the side of the case

Posted Image
You want the hole to be long enough to fit a dart in, and it should go from the top blue rail to the middle blue rail.

Now, take your 9/16 brass. First, cut it down so that is reaches from the front of the plunger tube to the front of that orange piece (front meaning the farthest away portion of it) After the brass is cut down you want to cut a rectangular hole it it the same length as the hole in the side of the gun. The hole on the brass should take up about half of the brass (circularly)

Posted Image
This is what you want

Then hotglue, or any alternative glue, your brass over the lip of the plunger tube. The 9/16 should fit perfectly over this lip.
Posted Image

Now you want to cut down that orange piece. It should go from looking like this:
Posted Image

to looking like it does in this picture
Posted Image

Dremel out the inside of the orange piece, and glue it to the end of the brass so that it holds the front of the section solidly in the gun. When the plunger tube is in place the breach should line up with the hole you cut in the side of the gun. The front orange piece serves to make it look clean, and to hold the front of the breach steady in the gun.

Now we can move on to the barrel. Take you 17/32 and cut it down to your desired barrel length. This obviously depends on the number of bands you have on your gun, ect, but I think 6 inches is a good length. Test the breach by sliding the barrel into it to make sure it slides nicely. Now you want to measure the amount of brass that sticks out the front of your gun, and cut a length of PVC to cover that.You should end up with this as your barrel
Posted Image
Looks nice, no?

You now have a breached side arm, that looks damn nice because of the nested brass. If your feeling particularly awesome you can figure out how to put a clip on this. I'm sure its possible, but I have not done it. Yet.

If you want to duel wield these just put the breaches of each one so that they either both face in or out when you hold both of them (based on your preference)

2X final product, cause 2 is better than 1.
Posted Image

Slap some rubberbands on there and your good to go.

Questions, Comments, Flames?

#235031 Finished Physics Project

Posted by madmax on 08 June 2009 - 06:18 PM in Off Topic

Talio, thank you for re-railing this thread. I didn't use a chronograph mainly because I don't own one. I think that chronographs also function very similarly, except instead of using sound the chronographs use lasers to determine where the dart is. I wish I had been able to use a chronograph, but I think the way I did it is decently accurate.

Shrub: Very true. The force is kinda like a get out of jail free card, it explains almost anything that Jedi's can do. For example: Plasm-sword. The handle could not possible house the source of a magnetic field strong enough to contain plasma, but if your a Jedi, just use the force!

#235017 Finished Physics Project

Posted by madmax on 08 June 2009 - 05:46 PM in Off Topic

Is it actually possible to create a plasma-sword? The plasma would need to be kept in sword form by a crazy strong magnetic field. I don't think its possible to have something that can create the field necessary mounted in the hilt of the sword. Also, I think if there was a field it would create a circle around the handle, not a sword shape. Though if it was possible to create a plasma-sword, besides the fact that you would have to react at the speed of light (the force takes care of that) it might be possible to deflect the lasers, i'm not sure if lasers are effected by magnetic fields, cause they would actually pass through the plasma (I think).

#234795 Finished Physics Project

Posted by madmax on 07 June 2009 - 11:59 AM in Off Topic

Well, lasers are concentrated monochromatic light, just so you know. Also, the laser blasters have no mass, they are lasers. It is impossible to deflect a laser with a laser. What happens is that depending on their phase they either constructively or destructively interfier for a split second, before passing through each other unefected on the same path. You would need mirrors to deflect the laser. Even if the ammo might have mass, the actual laser would not, the ammo may just store an amount of energy that the gun initiates to fire a burst of electromagnetic energy, a laser.

Edit: to be honest I don't argue the force, it doesn't go against any laws of physics that I can think of.

Edit: I've managed to derail my own topic, score!

#234785 Finished Physics Project

Posted by madmax on 07 June 2009 - 10:20 AM in Off Topic

Cheesypiza: Yeah, that is the crossbow I used, I also finally integrated a 2k, so I have to edit the post on the crossbow page.

Doom: That is really cool, I cant believe you were able to make a computer simulation for the air guns. I moved away from the potential energy all going into the dart, because I realized that the potential energy of the spring really on acts on the plunger rod, and then fluid dynamics because of different sized tubes. Though next time I try this (I want to test max shot for fps, maybe some other stuff) Ill try to do it using like a 40% efficiency or something like that. I think most plunger guns are more efficient than the crossbow because the plunger tube gets wider towards the back, allowing air to escape around the plunger.

#234725 Finished Physics Project

Posted by madmax on 06 June 2009 - 10:12 PM in Off Topic

I'm turning it in on Monday, so I don't know yet. Seeing as our final was watching star wars (Yay after AP test AP physics) and picking out the physically impossible things (like deflecting lasers with light(sabers)) I think I should do pretty well. Though its kind of tame compared to my friends coil gun, but thats not going up on youtube.

#234720 Finished Physics Project

Posted by madmax on 06 June 2009 - 09:59 PM in Off Topic

It was a school physics project, I figured I've always wanted to know how fast my crossbow shoots in relation to my airsoft gun, and now I know that it shoots about 100 fps less. And I like potato cannons, they make booms.

also: Cliché

#234711 Finished Physics Project

Posted by madmax on 06 June 2009 - 09:29 PM in Off Topic

Link:

Well, so I have successfully completed the physics project I was previously talking about (if anyone is interested in the spring constant of a crossbow, its about 412 n/m) The video isn't all that entertaining, but it does have a potato cannon at the end, and a small guide on how to record the fps or m/s of a nerf gun.

spoilers:
Crossbow with no extra bungees and a 12'' brass barrel shooting converts gets 200 fps
Potato cannons go BOOOOM!

#233752 Nerf Crossbow Spring Constant

Posted by madmax on 01 June 2009 - 10:41 AM in Off Topic

Hey Internet...

I'm doing a physics project focused around the crossbow, and I need to know the spring constant of the spring. Does anyone know off of the top of their head? If no one knows I can test it, but I thought that i'd ask first. If no one knows I will post it after I test it in class tomorow. Thanks.

#222683 Steam Account

Posted by madmax on 09 April 2009 - 05:44 PM in Off Topic

SRY bout the wrong name thing, my user name is rambothesecond. As soon as i get home Ill get around to adding all of you guys.

#222681 Anyone Want A Used Graphics Card?

Posted by madmax on 09 April 2009 - 05:41 PM in Off Topic

The only driver I found that works is the standard vista drivers, but with those its worse with 2 video cards than the new driver with one card. Im actually working on saving up for the 260 or 275 (or 4890 depending) and im hoping that the money from the card goes to the new one.

#222531 Anyone Want A Used Graphics Card?

Posted by madmax on 08 April 2009 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

Hello,
Im not sure why, but Nvidia changed their drivers so my video card's no longer work in SLI, so I have an extra video card sitting unused on my desk. Its pretty good, a sparkle 8600 gt 1gb, and it can play far cry 2 on all high specs at 1280 by 1024. Im not really sure how to go about selling it (payment stuff, ect). The card sells for about 75-100 $ new, but this is used so im really not expecting too much. For really computer geeks, it overclocks pretty well. I can get from 540 mhz clock to about 640 stably with the other card. If anyone wants it, post in this topic with an offer price, or PM me.
If this topic gets closed due to its off-topic-ness I can still be PM'd about it, and if I cant sell it here it will probably go up on ebay or amazon.

Thanks, and lets see if this works!

edit: I will probably replace the thermal paste on the card before its sold, just something to think about.

#222523 Steam Account

Posted by madmax on 08 April 2009 - 09:29 PM in Off Topic

Steam ID: [CNS]mr.rogers

games: l4d, tf2, gmod, a few other random ones

I know that clan nightshift does a lot of gaming, mostly tf2, insurgency, l4d, and its pretty awesome. If someone adds me, I will gladly play with you. I play with so many random people online, it'l be nice to know who im playing with.

BTW: If we play l4d or something and im the sys admin, expect me to abuse admin privaleges

My favorite was winning a game of l4d in less than a minute. Bind z "z_spawn witch" FTW!

#222520 Gmod ?

Posted by madmax on 08 April 2009 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

HELL YEAH! Just formatted my HDD so I have to reinstall the game. My steam ID is [CNS]mr.rogers if anyone wants to add me. Has anyone played online gmod? its quite a bit of fun, also, is anyone really good with wiremod? (i really want to be able to make more than a shitty teleporter)

#219037 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by madmax on 20 March 2009 - 10:56 PM in Off Topic

Gamertag : WRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII (i's till it fills up the box)
games: halo 3
gears 2
skate 2
ps: Hersh, why wont you accept my friend request?

#177089 Prices Of Nerf Crossbows

Posted by madmax on 13 September 2008 - 01:05 PM in General Nerf

Cool, thanks for the responses people. Due to your responses i dont think i will sell it. I think i should tell icespartan though, hes been trying to bid on it even though its not on the traing section.

#176977 Prices Of Nerf Crossbows

Posted by madmax on 12 September 2008 - 10:31 PM in General Nerf

That was you? i remember you now. I think it is a momentary lapse with most members being seniors and this is college season and what not. I thin we will continue to nerf but just not as much. Its a hiatus. I really just want the money from the crossbow for my bike.

#176970 Prices Of Nerf Crossbows

Posted by madmax on 12 September 2008 - 10:05 PM in General Nerf

I really don't want to quit but we haven't had a war for at least 2 months and no one has used the forums since summer started, I don't know what happened but its weird. I don't think i will ever quit Nerf, but i would mind the extra money from a crossbow. I still have many other guns, and i would play in away games if anyone in my was going, but no one else is into it. And yes blasphemy i do mean clan nightshift.

#176865 Prices Of Nerf Crossbows

Posted by madmax on 12 September 2008 - 02:06 PM in General Nerf

The people in my area have stopped playing Nerf, so I thought it might be time to sell the arsenal. The main piece being the crossbow. I was just wondering what prices people where getting for crossbows so I can figure out if it would be worth it or not.

#167446 What Backgrounds Do You Use?

Posted by madmax on 08 August 2008 - 05:23 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

The death star attacking some cool place. I know it lacks the planet-destroyer-thingimajig but that would have been to hard for me to edit in.

#167445 Your Desktop

Posted by madmax on 08 August 2008 - 05:20 PM in Off Topic

please delete