d0nk3y k0n9's Content

There have been 26 items by d0nk3y k0n9 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#205104 Powerline Bb Gun

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 21 January 2009 - 07:13 AM in Modifications

Is it blowback? If you used a different gun then it would be pretty cool, as you could be like "Its a suppressor"
(sorry, Im gonna be a gun nerd and say that a colt M1911 could not be silenced as the .45 caliber bullet it fires is just too much of a power house, and it would take away from its distinct bark.)

But say you did this with a MK 23. that would look sweet as a dart conversion, and the cover for the PETG would make an awesome suppressor like device, even if it wouldn't work.

Waste of an airsoft gun, but it looks pretty cool, and I bet its fun to plink around the house with.

Props

Isn't the MK23 also .45 caliber? Also, I've definitely seen pictures of suppressed M1911s, but I'm pretty sure they were firing subsonic rounds.

On topic, I think that you definitely need a longer barrel on that thing to maximize range. I would play around with different barrel lengths until you find the most effective one.

#204744 Firefly Plunger Seal Improval + Integration

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 19 January 2009 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

At some point you should get a tape measure and do an "official" range test. Other than that, it looks like an awesome mod + integration. If it gets that good ranges, I'm definitely going to have to buy a firefly just to do those mods to it; I probably won't bother with the integrations since those ranges and 8 shots is enough for me, plus I love the ergonomics of the firefly.

#203786 Firefly Plunger Seal Improval + Integration

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 16 January 2009 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

Wait... did I miss you doing a barrel replacement or did you improve the seal so much that you're getting those kinds of ranges out of a Firefly with STOCK BARRELS?

Awesome!

#203263 Recon Attack

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 14 January 2009 - 07:44 AM in General Nerf

Also, even if he does mod it for you and you get the gun back, you lose out on the opportunity to learn how to mod by experimenting with it.

#198940 Splatmatic Thundersplat

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 26 December 2008 - 09:17 AM in Modifications

Is there any good place to find these for relatively cheap? All the ones I've found are $30+. Is that how much it's going to cost me to get one, or are there places that sell them for under that?

#198867 Good Indoor Stock Primarys And Secondarys?

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 25 December 2008 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

For indoor wars, I would probably go with your recon as a primary and your maverick as a secondary. They both have fairly good ROF but not great range. This works out well indoors because range isn't as great a concern.

EDIT: Actually, now that I reread your post, you might try the AT3K as a primary. I don't know how good it is stock, but I've heard of people using it as a medium-long range gun modified for outdoors, so it should be sufficient for indoor play.

#198863 Ls Stock As A Holster?

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 25 December 2008 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

The problem with what you're suggesting is that, as a primary, the only time that you would ever need to put down / holster / drop your longshot is if it runs out of darts and you need to quickly take a shot with your secondary. There isn't time in such a situation for you to holster a weapon or carefully put it away, so the only reasonable thing to do is drop it. However, you would probably not want to drop your weapon and would probably also want to be able to quickly retrieve it and keep running, so most people put their primary on some sort of sling so that when they let go of it, they can quickly and easily pick it back up without any sort of hassle.

Short version: While what you want to do may actually work in theory, it is wildly impractical under war conditions and should be avoided. Instead, I recommend the tried-and-true weapon sling.

#198801 Martial Arts?

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 25 December 2008 - 09:56 AM in Off Topic

I'm a second degree black belt in Taekwondo. I got that rank several years ago, but I don't remember the date anymore, and my Black Belt Certificate isn't near my computer, so I'm not going to go find it now. I might be going for my third degree this May or June, depending on whether my schedule permits me to go enough to work towards it or not. I'm also taking special self-defense classes at the Taekwondo school from an instructor who also works with the military, special forces, the FBI, etc., but those classes do not have ranks. They focus primarily upon unarmed defense against an armed attacker.

#155740 L.i.d. The Official Write-up

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 13 May 2008 - 08:31 PM in Homemades

Dang that thing looks so freaking cool! It really reminds me of an mp5k, which is pretty sweet. Hopefully you can get some better performance out of that thing and post how you made it, because I'd love a gun that looks like that.

#155727 Favorite Older Computer Game.

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 13 May 2008 - 07:24 PM in Off Topic

Tom Clancey's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield
SWAT 4 and SWAT 4 : The Stetchkov Syndicate (not as old, but whatever)
Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix
Civilization II
Freespace
Freespace 2
Quake III
Wolfenstein 3D (It's on a floppy disk! (not one of the actually floppy floppies, but a floppy disk nonetheless!))

#154798 Realistic Nerf Rifle

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 05 May 2008 - 08:21 PM in Homemades

Oh 300 ft or whatever is definently possible. It's just usually not safe. I have a friend who seriously knows what he's doing (think like physics major type person) who has, among other things, a shoulder fired air cannon which can put a D-cell battery 400 yards, or through a car door. However, unless you really know what you're doing, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that gun of yours, as I just don't feel it's safe.

#154026 Longshot Mod

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 30 April 2008 - 04:11 PM in Modifications

What I would do is keep my mags in pairs taped/glued back to back, so that whenever one is loaded there's another mag upsidedown attached to it. That way, I really only ever need 2 mags because I can load the one that isn't in the gun with one hand while I run around because it's right there.

#150234 The Nightfire

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 09 April 2008 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

I'm currently working on one of these just for fun and to see if I can pull it off, but I can't quite figure out where to dremel and what parts of the case need to be removed to get it to work. If you, or whoever did it before (I think it was Cartoon, sorry if it wasn't, but I have a crappy memory right now) can post pictures of the inside of the case both before and after and mark on it where it needs to be dremeled (I realize that Cartoon posted pictures of the inside of the case but i still can't figure it out), I would really apreciate it. If Cartoon's pic of the finished case is the best I'm gonna get, I'll try to work with it, but more pictures is always helpful.

Thanks!

#149983 The New Shall Replace The Old

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 07 April 2008 - 09:41 PM in Off Topic

I only have new guns, and I'm perfectly OK with that, as many newer guns are just as good as, if not better than old guns. There are some old guns, however, that I'd just love to have, but I understand that they're not necesarily the best just because they're the oldest, or because some of the really good nerfers use them. I play mostly indoor as well, so I don't need super range, or anything like that, I just need guns that are good enough to accurately hit a target all the way across my basement. For that, all I need is my modded NF, my somewhat modded crossfire (AR's removed, mav spring added, no barrel replacement), or a stock maverick, and some practice. In my opinion, its not what gun you use, its how you use it that counts.

#146460 Sm1500 Assault Rifle

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 23 March 2008 - 04:02 PM in Modifications

If you're worried about its legality, just compare it to existing mods. For example, captain slug's external tanks.

#146188 Ran Out Of Hot Glue.

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 21 March 2008 - 06:46 PM in Modifications

...Sweet mother of God. That's just excessive and fugly. Why?

Fugly would be exactly the word I would use to describe that. How well does it function though? Because if it works and doesn't fall apart, I see no problem with it looking like a POS

#145845 Interesting Question

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 19 March 2008 - 06:02 PM in Off Topic

Not to derail this too far, but about understanding other dimensions or concepts which we cannot directly comprehend, Flatland is a really good book to read on that topic.

Flatland

#145840 Interesting Question

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 19 March 2008 - 05:20 PM in Off Topic

I would say that a blind person could dream, but that in their dreams they would still be blind. That is, they would dream using other senses. Since they have no context of what sight is, they really wouldn't be able to imagine being able to see the images in their dreams, but they would be able to sense them just as well as non-blind people see things in dreams, but using other senses.

A similar question would be if I asked you "Do you dream in 4 dimensions?" The technical answer would be that yes, you dream in 4 dimensions, but you can only comprehend or see 3 of them, so to you it appears to be 3 dimensional even though there is still a 4th dimension there.

#145313 Fitted Holster Shorts (fhs)

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 15 March 2008 - 10:33 PM in General Nerf

I've been looking for a good but cheap holster and that one that you mentioned looks like exactly what I need. One question though... where is a good place to buy it, as my parents prefer if I don't have to purchase things off of random websites with which they are unfamiliar? I checked Amazon, and they have it, but out f stock, so I'm not sure where to get one.

Also, as far as what I use for holsters/etc., I generally wear black or jungle camo army BDU pants, as they have a gazillion pockets and tend to work really well for that sort of thing. They also have the added advantage of being pants, and therefore not letting your legs get torn up by running through bushes, etc. I'll occasionally add the BDU top to that, but I prefer not to because then it looks too military and tends to scare people. The only reason that I do at all is that the people in the general area tend to know me and I often wear a BDU top as a jacket anyways.

#144757 Spawnball: Scun's Next Take On Ctf

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 11 March 2008 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I think the only forseeable problem is that having only one spawn might promote camping. What I'm envisioning happening is that one team grabs the ball and runs back to their base, where they then keep the ball safely with their flag and heavily guard them, sending out smaller amounts of offense to try to take the opponents flag. Eventually, because only your team can respawn, you will wear down the enemy's defense to the point where they can no longer effectively defend their flag, and you win.

In other words, if only one team can respawn, and both teams pick off opposing team members, you run into the problem of one teaming having an overwhelming numerical superiority over the other.

#144728 Check Out My First Homemade

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 11 March 2008 - 03:59 PM in Homemades

*but if A=C and B=C, does not A=B?*

No, A=/=B because C is a category, not an actual thing, so transitive property doesn't apply. Also, it really isn't A=C and B=C, its A is a subset of C and B is a subset of C.

Both gasses and liquids are considered fluids, so they share some properties. However, because they are separate subcategories, they also have some properties which are different.

#143737 Jspb-war Flag

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 03 March 2008 - 09:33 PM in Homemades

I think that its so that you can pick up the flag and people can't tell that you've picked it up so that you can run away and they won't know what happened... however, I'm not sure. I tihnk a better use for it would be to have it be the flag, so that the flag carrier can shoot with that and not have to juggle a flag AND a gun.

#143468 Nonstandard Game Types - Ideas, Rules, Etc.

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 02 March 2008 - 04:29 PM in Nerf Wars

If you needed a good way to keep track of kills for a deathmatch/team deathmatch, just have someone sit at a table in the respawn area and ask each person who killed them. Once you answer, you can respawn, and the person at the table writes it down and keeps score. Obviously, this works better with teams, since then you can just say that you were killed by someone on the red team or whatever. With two teams, obviously, the person at the table just has to count the number of people respawning.

#143365 Manhunt

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 01 March 2008 - 05:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah I was thinking with the whole woods idea that it would be in one of the participant's backyards, since that eliminates a lot of the problems of public locations. Whatever, they both have their pros and cons.

I did an interesting gametype with one of my friends that sort of reminds me of this. However, my gametype only worked for 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 or so, and beyond that it was impractical. What we did was a normal deathmatch type game, except that rushing wasn't allowed at all, and we played in the dark. By in the dark, i mean in my basement with all of the lights turned off and every other miniscule light source blocked to the point where it was pitch black. We each got equivilant weapons (say a pistol each, or a longshot and a pistol each) and an equal number of darts, and the entire point of the game was to try to sneak up on your opponent after locating them in the dark and get off a good shot to kill them. Needless to say, it got boring fast if nobody did anything, but it could be fun if you expanded it and made a larger game with small squads of people sneaking through the woods to try to shoot each other in a stealthy manner.

#143345 Manhunt

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 01 March 2008 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

As far as location specific, all you need is a big area of woods somewhere in someone's backyard. Doing it in that kind of location also makes the BDUs actually work as camo and makes it so people don't get freaked out.

#143321 Manhunt

Posted by d0nk3y k0n9 on 01 March 2008 - 02:09 PM in Nerf Wars

That definently reminds me of the TV show "Special Forces: Manhunt" on the military channel. That sounds like it would make such a cool game. I think it would get even better if you give team A an even further handicap to really make them want to rely on not being seen. For example, let everyone use their own guns, but team A gets only sidearms, while team B can use anything they have. That would make it harder for team A, which is the whole point. Just make sure that you switch up the teams periodically or some people on A will get tired of it.