Brass's Content

There have been 81 items by Brass (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#115421 Homemade Ammo

Posted by Brass on 11 July 2007 - 08:51 AM in Homemades

But you're right, not only could this wound someone, it could make them sick from lead(or whatever that stuff is, maybe graphite) poisoning if you had a gun that could break skin with it.

Graphite isn't toxic enough to seriously poison you in the small amount you would receive if poked by a pencil.

And seriously? You're shooting people with pencils? Even if they're unsharpened the wood could splinter and become sharp. Please don't shoot anything that isn't foam.

When I was about six, I poked myself in the hand with a pencil and it broke the skin. I have a mark under my skin on my left palm,it's been there ever since. Anyways, my slightly random story just goes to show that yes, pencil graphite is not toxic.

#115325 Singled Firefly

Posted by Brass on 10 July 2007 - 06:32 PM in Modifications

You can get 50ft without singling the FF, I've heard of someone doing it...
Anyways 50t if not great. A well modded NF would get a better range, and be less bulky.

#115322 I Need Painting Help

Posted by Brass on 10 July 2007 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

I know that 15 min sounded wrong oh well my mav broke any ways im just thinking about painting my firefly and if i paint it i will probably hand paint it even though it takes a lot longer.

To actually answer your question, which no one else has done, hand painting would work, If you used the right kind of paint (one made for plastic). Use better grammar.

#115319 The Merits Of A Maverick

Posted by Brass on 10 July 2007 - 06:24 PM in General Nerf

I am fearful of many newbies on this forum getting the wrong idea about mavs, because of how often people bash them. Mavs are definitely not great guns, but I'm going to explain some good things about them to attempt to convince newbies to think about getting them as one of their first weapons.

1. The maverick is cheap. $8 is not a lot of money. It's not the cheapest gun out there, but it's a hell of a lot better than forking over $30 for a long shot if you're new to nerf.

2. The maverick is easy to mod. Lots of people say they're hard to mod, which I don't get. There are many mods for the mav out there, with very detailed write-ups. They're really not that hard, even with zero modding experience.

3. For an indoor war, mavs end up being perfect. You never need to shoot farther than the 20ft you can get with a mav if you're in someone's basement, and anything more powerful would be overkill, and also piss people off.

4. Mav have great ROF. I can get off six shots in about four seconds. That's real good. Unlike clip guns, It's almost impossible to get the mav to jam from fast firing.

5. They look awesome. Even stock, the mav looks good and with a great paint-job, the thing looks wicked. There's something about revolvers.

Now I don't want anyone to say "I know this already" because this is to help out newer members. This is 5 good reasons for a newbie to get a mav, not bad, eh?

#115254 Poll: Do You Cuss?

Posted by Brass on 10 July 2007 - 10:12 AM in Off Topic

Penis

Thank you for that. I had a good vomit there.

#115179 Poll: Do You Cuss?

Posted by Brass on 09 July 2007 - 06:35 PM in Off Topic

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Everytime you miss an opportunity to say 'fuck' I'm going to eat a kitten.

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole!

#114961 My First Homemade: The Scan-s

Posted by Brass on 07 July 2007 - 07:59 PM in Homemades

Guys, this is over a year old. Be careful.

Ah crap, I didn't notice!
This happens a lot, I don't check dates and I reply to anything on the front page I feel I can contribute to.

#114958 My First Homemade: The Scan-s

Posted by Brass on 07 July 2007 - 07:52 PM in Homemades

Impressive for your first homemade. That's decent power for a spring powered gun, it would serve you well if you went into war with it. Maybe make a magazine for it, try a deoderant clip. The paint job is okay, a little shiny for my tastes, but if you like it, that's all that really matters, eh?
All in all a great gun, I'm surprised this is your first homemade.

#114925 Long Range Records?

Posted by Brass on 07 July 2007 - 02:47 PM in General Nerf

I've gotten 102ft with a spring replaced BBB. I've never used any air pressure guns, which is why that is my record.

#114923 Closed

Posted by Brass on 07 July 2007 - 02:43 PM in General Nerf

I've broke all of them at least once and fixed them all! WOOT!

$0!!!

Probably because you've modded a small number of guns, and done less invasive mods.
I've broken a maverick and ruined a nf by trying to lube it with wd-40.

#114917 Fun With Burst Valves!

Posted by Brass on 07 July 2007 - 02:13 PM in Homemades

If you used a stronger material than tinfoil you could have a much stronger gun.
Maybe try a rubber membrane?
I am very curious as to what this will be developed into.

#114802 Birthday Ideas...

Posted by Brass on 06 July 2007 - 09:30 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, I'm in the same case as Substance Abuse...
Brass, ask your mother.

She said your dad owes her three dollars.
EDIT: In case it was not obvious, I don't take these kind of "disses" seriously (sp). I'm making a joke, not starting a fight.

#114799 Sm3k Yellow, Cupler Turret.

Posted by Brass on 06 July 2007 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

Could you make this with a Mav turret? That's all I have access to at the moment.

#114798 Problems With Maverick

Posted by Brass on 06 July 2007 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

Okay, first off, ohiost13, your grammar sucks. Use periods and so forth. And secondly, like nudls said go buy a stupid o-ring. Stop whining, or a mod might ban you. Just a heads up.

Or go to target and buy a NF.

#114795 Birthday Ideas...

Posted by Brass on 06 July 2007 - 09:19 PM in Off Topic

Are your balls adopted too?

#114786 Whats Your Fav Primary

Posted by Brass on 06 July 2007 - 09:07 PM in General Nerf

Didn't Piney's "Clean-up time" post say these kind of topics were a no-no?
Anyways, I use a BBB.

#114785 Poll: Do You Cuss?

Posted by Brass on 06 July 2007 - 09:05 PM in Off Topic

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

#114550 New To Nerf Mav

Posted by Brass on 05 July 2007 - 02:59 PM in Modifications

Search. Many people have various mods, including stocks and heavy mods. There's even a couple of Nitemav's floating around the boards.

Carrtoon's Nitemav is amazing, it's on NerfHQ but there is a link to it in the modifications directory. If you choose to stick with just the mav, there are planty of options in the directory.

#114548 Homemade Ammo

Posted by Brass on 05 July 2007 - 02:52 PM in Homemades

Here are the reasons why your idea is bad:
1. The dart will fall apart after repeated firing
2. The is the possibility of wounding someone
3. They are most likely quite inaccurate
4. You waste a pencil for every dart you make

#114545 Help

Posted by Brass on 05 July 2007 - 02:47 PM in Homemades

OK I want to make a pistol but not any pistol I want it to have a magazine but is not like the gns. So I need help and ideas.

You also need some grammar. If this is your first homemade, don't bother with anything Boltsniper has ever made, it'll be too hard. Maybe try a snap, but I suggest trying a simpler homemade like a hose-handle or a ball valve like the ones in the homemades page.

#114408 Another Trigger Design

Posted by Brass on 04 July 2007 - 09:14 AM in Homemades

God... I'm amazed you actually got that to work.
Props.

#114346 My First Homemade: Pde (personal Defense Emplacement) Mrk Ii

Posted by Brass on 03 July 2007 - 05:56 PM in Homemades

You could duct tape the bladder to the tire and put a clip on top of the barrel. Ever time the wheel spins the gun will shoot.

Skitzo-

Wouldn't work. You couldn't get enough power from a wheel turning.

#114345 The Cole Breach

Posted by Brass on 03 July 2007 - 05:54 PM in Homemades

I can't understand what the "reciever" accomplishes. An animation would help, if anyone can get one running.

#114344 Poll Of Straight Out The Box Longshot

Posted by Brass on 03 July 2007 - 05:52 PM in General Nerf

if your going to make a pole ,make it resonible

:) happy man :P

Try capitalization, punctuation and spelling. Should make your life a lot easier.
Chip Tortellini: If you're starting a poll, actually making it a POLL would be nice.
Good day.

#114342 The Bbb

Posted by Brass on 03 July 2007 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Nice paintjob.
KMILNZE is asking about the extra bow pieces that come with the BBB, and no they do not increase performance so they are unnecesary. They just get in the way, so pretty much everyone doesn't use them.
Don't be so hard on him, the only mistake he made was replace c with x.

#114295 The Cole Breach

Posted by Brass on 03 July 2007 - 10:48 AM in Homemades

Well, why don't you put some plans or something up so we can actually see how it's put together? I want to try this thing, especially if it's "One of the best breaches to come out of the NIC these last years" but I won't be able to if I can't figure out how to build it, eh?

#114292 Help With A Buzzbee Air Blasters Rapid Fire Tek Mod

Posted by Brass on 03 July 2007 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

Stretching the spring is a bad idea, you'll see a minor improvement in preformance, then the spring will return to it's normal length and preformance will suffer because the spring will have been waeakened. You're better off looking for a replacement spring.

#114198 Birthday Ideas...

Posted by Brass on 02 July 2007 - 08:54 PM in Off Topic

Think outside of the box, I'm white.

Uh oh...

#114126 Cock-n-load Bbb

Posted by Brass on 02 July 2007 - 11:13 AM in Modifications

This is really the same thing as the ABBB. Still, it shows something to reinvent it, because the ABBB is top-notch.

#114001 Games Consoles Poll

Posted by Brass on 01 July 2007 - 01:55 PM in Off Topic

You may want to repost this as a poll.
I vote 360 too, I don't own any of them but I've played them all.

#113769 The Bbb

Posted by Brass on 29 June 2007 - 03:45 PM in Modifications

I'll bet the ranges suck, no offence, it's just that crayolas are not the way to go. Shoce some e-taped brass up the stock barrel and you can easily get 60 or 70 feet. Put in a better spring and you could break 100.

#113472 Unobtrusive Longshot Mods

Posted by Brass on 28 June 2007 - 11:00 AM in Modifications

My advice: Start your modding career with a Night Finder. They are easy to mod, and you'll get experience so you have less chance of fucking up your Longshot when you do mod it.

#113391 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by Brass on 27 June 2007 - 09:25 PM in Off Topic

Actually, there was a guy whose screen name was Liam who originally brought that up, and in no way was that post an insult or whatever the fuck you thought it was. It was just my 2 cents. Good god people.
EDIT: Missed a word.

#113389 Problems With A Firefly

Posted by Brass on 27 June 2007 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

You probably reassembled it wrong. Use the search button to find a mod or something with pics of the FF's internals, and figure out what the problem is.

#113383 Bbb/at2k Integration

Posted by Brass on 27 June 2007 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

I think it's a valid contribution. One suggestion: Try to integrate the triggers so you can fire both barrels with one trigger pull.

#113293 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by Brass on 27 June 2007 - 12:11 PM in Off Topic

I think I saw Hexen playing the skin flute at the pride parade last sunday.

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.

#113292 Homemade Air Rifle

Posted by Brass on 27 June 2007 - 12:09 PM in Homemades

Despite the scant details you have given us about your gun, I have a feeling it will be a revolutionary concept, like the FAR. When you have it done, post a write-up. Yes, I did just wake up, but that's summer for ya.

#113171 How To Build Air Powered "dart" Gun

Posted by Brass on 26 June 2007 - 04:57 PM in Off Topic

It's a CONCEPT AND IDEAS thread. Something we don't need. It's is off-topic...why would it be related to Nerf then? If anything General Nerf. Maybe I seem to be backseating it a bit, but it's how I feel. I'm not inforcing jack **** here.

You realize he said he was working on one of these right? Calm down.

#113170 Mpcp (mass Producable Combustion Pistol)

Posted by Brass on 26 June 2007 - 04:54 PM in Homemades

Did you read the entire post, Brass? He uses COMBUSTION.

Thanks DT, that helped. Dark: I'm a fucking high schooler. Do you expect me to know what combustion means?

#113167 Starcraft 2

Posted by Brass on 26 June 2007 - 04:46 PM in Off Topic

Hmm. I've never played Starcraft or Warcraft or any other computer game that you actually pay money for (www.caiman.us has about three gazillion free games for download) but Starcraft has really been heralded by many people I know. How much would said game be and is it worth a play to decide whether I like it before I buy it?