Dayko's Content

There have been 960 items by Dayko (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#357435 Nerf war in Seattle (Greenlake area)

Posted by Dayko on 04 January 2017 - 04:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Nisa!! long time no see.  It is good to see some people from back in the day still Nerf! 

Not trying to highjack your thread, just want to give you some points in addition to what Nisabuso said:

-Be very clear on your rules, think things through.  EX: barrel taps? do you allow people to tap other players with thier blasters instead of shooting them? Headshots? do you encourage them or out time ban them?  Melee weapons? Shields? The list goes on.  These are just a few things to consider.  Thinking things through all the way saves everyone the hassle and trouble of running into these circumstances.  Go over the rules of each round before it starts. 

-Eye protection should be mandatory, especially if you are allowing minors to participate.  Don't want to get yourself in trouble with an upset parent if they accidently get hurt.

-minors: anyone under 18 should be accompanied by an adult.  You are not their baby sitter and you don't want that responsibility.

-Blaster restrictions should be considered.  When I ran my wars I allowed anything under 150'.  If anything could shoot over that is banned or it needs to have multiple barrels to reduce range. 

-Check the dates for the site.  make sure you are not over lapping with another event scheduled for that day.  also give ample notice, 1 month is ideal but at least 2 weeks.  People need to get time off work or plan for it.  I would have loved to have come to this but I already have plans for this day. 

-Dart restrictions.  Go over what type of darts you allow.  Slugs ok? Glue domes? Keep things nice and clear on what you want at your war. 

-Have a rough agenda for how you want the day to go, game wise. Are you playing death match all day? Are you going to mix it up and add different game types?  If you haven't already I suggest reading through the war page forum and look up different game types.  Better yet, invent a new one!! Trying out new and different game types was one of my favorite things to do.

-Start time and end time: Give people an idea of how long you want to play.  Not saying all players will be there all day, but giving them an idea of an end time is a good idea.  Also, 2pm is a little late in the day to start, especially since it still is getting dark around 4-5 pm.  Try and have your wars at an earlier time, 11am is a good start time. 

These are just a few example/things to consider.  This is your war and you don't have to listen, just want to help you get off to the right start.  If you have any questions or want more feedback don't hesitate to ask.  Nisaburo and myself have been in this game for a long time.  I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes!  I'm looking forward to the next one so I can participate and hopefully see some old Nerf buddies again!

-Dayko

#357076 Longshot not working.

Posted by Dayko on 09 December 2016 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

Make sure that everything is lining up in the tracks in the shell.  The biggest one ( and most likely the cause ) is that the bolt sled is slipping out a little bit as you put it back together.  Also, there is a peg near the front of the plunger tube, that has to sit in the small hole in the shell.  Otherwise the bolt won't work properly.  

#320540 Effeminate 3.3

Posted by Dayko on 15 August 2012 - 09:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Pretty good war guy's. Had a decent turn out.

Highlights:

Seeing everyone again

Having great weather with a nice breeze to keep us cool

Pat's and my brother's awesome ninja moves! Great job!

Effeminate zombie rounds

Awesome dodge ball matches

Overall a pretty good war! I will sort through the pics and hope to get them up soon.

After a few days of thinking I believe I am going to change the age policy to 14 and older to participate. This is due too having to babysit two young boys while their parents failed to respect the end time. I am too responsible to leave two young boys alone in an empty park. This started a domino effect ruining other peoples plans as I was very late to pick up my dog, and it just went down hill from there. I am not a babysitter and it is no fun to listen too ten year old's complain that everyone is stealing their stuff. This new change isn't meant to offend anyone but to continue making this great for those of us who want it to be a lot of fun.

#320331 Effeminate 3.3

Posted by Dayko on 11 August 2012 - 10:29 AM in Nerf Wars

Any idea how long this is going to go till?

It looks like it will be a small war, so probably 2:30 or 3:00-ish.

I am all packed and I'm going to be heading on the road soon. I'll see you guys on the field!!!!

#319377 Effeminate 3.3

Posted by Dayko on 28 July 2012 - 06:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to Seriously try coming to this seeing as I live in Sammamish... Hope I'm not busy with other plans.

Should we mark our darts somehow?

You can if you want. We all collect the darts together then sort them and if any are not claimed they go into the community bin.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the field!!

#318883 Effeminate 3.3

Posted by Dayko on 20 July 2012 - 01:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Third time round. Who wants to come fling some foam?

Meeting place: Windmill area

Time the war will start: 10:30 Set up and be ready to play by 11:00

Date: August 11

Rules:

Eye protection mandatory

No head shots

No ball shots

Don't be a douchbag

All blasters are subjective to inspection if me and my Field Supervisors deem it so

No blaster that goes over 150'

Melee weapons/Shields are not allowed in regular play. The only game that has melee weapons will be zombies and team death match zombies
The only exception to this rule is the Manta Ray and the Captain America shield.

If there is a non-Nerfer crossing the war path all game play stops.

Make sure that you pick up all your garbage before you leave.
The park has been very good to us over the years only because we always clean up after ourselves. If you do not pick up your garbage after the war then don't expect to be invited back.

Anyone breaking the rules repeatably after being talked too will be asked to leave.

What To Bring:

A good attitude

Your own blaster's

Your own darts

Plenty of water ( Or what ever you would like to drink through out the day, remember we are all going to be running )

Lunch ( There is a SubWay in the middle of the park if you do not want to pack a lunch )

What not to bring:

A bad attitude

Blaster's that go over 150'

Age Limit

13+

Blaster Restrictions:

No singled Titans.
No pump plugged Titans, BBBB, Cobras, Spy Gear Launchers unless it has a RSCB, Hopper, ect on it.

Dart restrictions:

I Really only have one rule on darts and that it no tack darts or any other type of dart that has a spike going through.
I'm ok with BBs,3/0 fishing weights, washers, sling shot weights.
If any dart that is deemed unsafe by me or my Field Supervisors that person will not be able to use them and they will have to use from the community bin.

Game Types:

Death Match
Team Zombie Death Match
Capture The Flag
Pimp
Wondering Monster
Zombies/ Mad Cow ( If you have melee weapons feel free to bring them )
Pistol Round
Medic

If anyone has a suggestion for a game tell me about and if it sounds fun/doable then we'll try it out.

The Pinkertons are Field Supervisors

These guy's are mini me's. If you do not listen to them it will result in a warning. If you get 3 warnings then you will not participate in the war. This is about having fun and I do not want anyone trying to screw that up.

The Pinkertons:
Dayko
Thrax
TearKitty
Darth Freyr

Attendees:
Dayko
Thrax
Taer Kitty
tuna the fish
Lizard Messiah 

Maybes
Wickbuddy
S2000Gan

Let's suit up!

#317762 Effeminate 3.2

Posted by Dayko on 30 June 2012 - 11:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm about to get on the road now. I'll see you guy's on the field.

#317708 Effeminate 3.2

Posted by Dayko on 29 June 2012 - 02:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Forecast is for showers. We still on?

Rain or shine I'm there!!
Besides a little rain never hurt anybody.

#317689 Effeminate 3.2

Posted by Dayko on 29 June 2012 - 12:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Tomorrow is the big day everybody. Is everyone ready?

#316898 Effeminate 3.2

Posted by Dayko on 11 June 2012 - 09:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Give this thread a little bump.

On a side note I'll be bringing a box full of stuff to sell. Some of the note worth items will be AT3ks, AT2Ks, pumpsnap +bow and a +bow shell and various other items.

#316545 Effeminate 3.2

Posted by Dayko on 05 June 2012 - 01:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice looking darts there, Taer.

Hope you can make it, Tantum! It's been far too long since the last time we played.

You said it, Tuna. I'm looking forward to that.

#316129 Effeminate 3.2

Posted by Dayko on 25 May 2012 - 12:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Time for round 2 of the foam MADNESS!!

Date: June 30th

Rules:

Eye protection mandatory

No head shots

No ball shots

Don't be a douchbag

All blasters are subjective to inspection if me and my Field Supervisors deem it so

Melee weapons/Shields are not allowed in regular play. The only game that has melee weapons will be zombies and team death match zombies
The only exception to this rule is the Manta Ray and the Captain America shield.

The park has been very good to us over the years only because we always clean up after ourselves. If you do not pick up your garbage after the war then don't expect to be invited back.

Anyone breaking the rules repeatably after being talked too will be asked to leave.

What To Bring:

A good attitude

Your own blaster's

Your own darts

Plenty of water ( Or what ever you would like to drink through out the day, remember we are all going to be running )

Lunch ( There is a SubWay in the middle of the park if you do not want to pack a lunch )

What not to bring:

A bad attitude

Age Limit

13+

Blaster Restrictions
:

No singled Titans.
No pump plugged Titans, BBBB, Cobras, Spy Gear Launchers unless it has a RSCB, Hopper, ect on it.

Dart restrictions:

I Really only have one rule on darts and that it no tack darts or any other type of dart that has a spike going through.
If any dart that is deemed unsafe by me or my Field Supervisors that person will not be able to use them and they will have to use from the community bin.

Game Types:

Death Match
Team Zombie Death Match
Capture The Flag
Pimp
Wondering Monster
Pistol Round
Medic

If anyone has a suggestion for a game tell me about and if it sounds fun/doable then we'll try it out.

Field Supervisors

These guy's are mini me's. If you do not listen to them it will result in a warning. If you get 3 warnings then you will not participate in the war. This is about having fun and I do not want anyone trying to screw that up.

The Pinkertons:
Dayko
Thrax
TearKitty
Darth Freyr

Attendees:
Dayko + 2-4
Thrax
tuna the fish
Lizard Messiah + 1 

Maybes:
taerKitty
TantumBull
Taerkitty tells me that Shmmee will be in our area around this time so hopefully he can join us!

#315335 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 07 May 2012 - 02:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Great way to start off the season, guys. I had a great time seeing everyone again and flinging foam at ya!
Let's move on to the highlights:

Meeting everyone again

Having the weather stay decent for the whole day

Getting a LNL from Nisa and a SM1000 from Taer

Not having any of my blasters break at all

Seeing my bro go after Nisa with the mini Nerf football. That was pretty awesome

Doing an awesome slide on the ground ans hitting Lizard Messiah ( I'm pretty sure that it was you )

Having the humans finally win against the zombie horde. I think this is the first time the humans survived the whole match

Playing a lot of witch doctor. One of the greatest games made

I can only think of one low light and that was the game type with the tent. That failed horribly.

Thanks to everyone who can made it to the war, I had a great time with everyone and I'm looking forward to the next one!

P.S. I have pics I'll be posting up ( Hopefully soon ).

#315242 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 05 May 2012 - 11:26 AM in Nerf Wars

I got everything packed up and I'm about to head on the road. I'll see everyone there!

#315227 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 05 May 2012 - 02:23 AM in Nerf Wars

EDIT: I might have a brother coming (Not the biggest fan of nerf) But he is 12, and I'm assuming the answer is no but he might want to do 1 round, not quite sure though.

Sorry wick, but I told Tuna no and I'm going to have to say no here too. 13 and older to play.

#315012 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 01 May 2012 - 12:23 AM in Nerf Wars

So my girlfriend was wondering about bringing her cousins. One is 13 BUT! The other is just shy of 12.

I really hate to be an asshole here but I'm going to have to say no to the 12yr. If we start making exceptions for one person then everyone wants one. I'm sorry, but on the lighter side he can come next year.

Wick: Sorry to hear that. Hope you can make it to the next one.

Just a few days left till the war, hope everyone is getting pumped up!!!!!!!/pimped up :rolleyes:

#314824 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 26 April 2012 - 12:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Giving this a little bump. With less then two weeks till the war is everyone getting pumped up?

#314190 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 09 April 2012 - 12:59 PM in Nerf Wars

War is officially on the 5th of May. I'm sorry to the people who can't make it on that date. I hope to see you at the next one.

On a different note, I bought a tent for a different version of Defend The Core. Basically three people stay inside the tent and they try and last for about five minutes. They have three hit points with instant respawn while the opposing team has three hit points with a fifteen second respawn. Due to the closeness of the game play range cap will be 60'.

#314027 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 05 April 2012 - 08:59 PM in Nerf Wars

So I lied! I have a wedding to attend on that may 19th. Any possibility of moving the date yet again?

Not a problem. How does May 5ht sound? Everyone good on that date?

#313784 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 31 March 2012 - 12:15 PM in Nerf Wars

May 19th works fine for me also.

Awesome, Nisaburo.

Just a little more then a one and a half months away from the war. I can't wait! Hope everybody is getting as excited as me.

#313702 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 29 March 2012 - 03:51 PM in Nerf Wars

You know I'll be there +1-2. I also may bring things to sell! More on that later...

Awesome!

#313522 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 25 March 2012 - 12:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I still might be interested in it, Wick. I'll let you know later on.

So, the date has been officially changed to 5-19-12. Again sorry for all the date changing.

#313478 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 24 March 2012 - 12:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I bought a chronograph. It's not here yet, but should be in plenty of time. Dayko, from the recent linkstorm to all the various dart velocity threads, it appears 250 fps should be our abso-fuckin'-loot upper limit, and that's probably too much. Some respectable century cannons barely break 200 fps, so can we say 225 fps is the max cap?

Sounds good, Taer. Looking forward to trying it out.

I might be interested in the LS, how much you want for it?

EDIT:

So sorry to do this to everybody but something came up in my family for the 2nd of June and I can't make that date. How does the 19th of May sound to people? Is that doable or we can try and find a different date.

#313209 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 20 March 2012 - 12:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Give this thread a little bump. Everyone getting warmed up? Everyone getting their blasters ready for action? I know I am. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the new things I built over winter.

#312744 Do you still use Nerf when you nerf?

Posted by Dayko on 12 March 2012 - 01:40 AM in Site Feedback

This generation of Nerf sucks. I wish I was a part of the old generation, like when they made the Longshot! Make Nerf bring back the Longshot! Thumbs up if you agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pants did a good job, but I'm going to take it a step further and say specifically that Just Some Bob and TaerKitty are mad lying in their vote about when they started going to outdoor wars organized on NH. I would also like to say that no matter what they do they will never look cool.

Where is Taer lying about when he started going to organized wars? Taers first war was the SOFail in 09.

Getting back to the topic:
For regular game play the last time I used a Nerf brand as a primary ( without completely gutting the internals ) was last year. I used a singled LS with a Recon integrated underneath it. If I remember correctly I only used it a few rounds then switched it out to my PAS.
Now for Zombie type games I use a lot of the Nerf brand blaster's because of the low range, especially the newer ones.

#312712 Is this PETG the right kind?

Posted by Dayko on 11 March 2012 - 02:13 PM in General Nerf

As most people have said, the ID is 1/2" just like most 1/2" CPVC, but the price for it is way overpriced. You can get 1/2" ID 5/8" OD polyester tubing on Mcmaster for a little more then a dollar a foot which in my opinion is a lot better to use then CPVC. CPVC's ID changes from batch to batch, brand to brand so it's difficult to use consistently as a barrel material. While the 1/2" polyester tubing has stayed consistent with it's ID from different batches.

#312563 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 07 March 2012 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds good, Taer. Looking forward to trying these new game types!

On a side for trades/selling, I'm hoping to have one or two L+L's for sale. One regular and one shorted one.

#312249 Game Types and Rules for Nerf Wars

Posted by Dayko on 02 March 2012 - 01:30 PM in General Nerf

This is a game type that my brother and I came up with a few years back:

Pimp!

Primary or Secondary?:
Primary

People:
Even works best but it can be played uneven

Field:
Open field with cover works best

Rules:
Game starts out with two teams matched evenly as possible. After that you pick your PIMP. The PIMP is the only person who can use a primary blaster ( I.E. anything over 60' ) but he only has one hit point, while his "underlings" have three hit points but they can only use pistol type blasters ( I.E. anything under 60'). We normally play this with a fifteen to twenty minute time limit to keep the game moving and to prevent major camping. The game is over when either the time runs out or if the opposing team is completely eliminated.

It's been a pretty big hit with the group I play with here. An optional note to make the game even more fun is to have each pimp wear a brightly colored robe. Nothing beats seeing someone run around the field with a pink robe and a Nerf blaster.

#312205 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 01 March 2012 - 07:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm good with it (at least for now...)

Sounds good. So the date has been changed to June 2nd.

#312027 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 28 February 2012 - 12:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Uh, don't tell my wife, but I forgot it was our anniversary weekend. I'm either a no-show, or I'm going to be there less some very precious and painful parts of my anatomy. (Sig-fodder, anyone?)

We can move the date up to June second. Doe's any one have a problem with that?

#311978 2012 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Dayko on 27 February 2012 - 07:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Month of Event: May 19
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22168url] [WA] Effeminate 3.2[/url]

#311894 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 26 February 2012 - 02:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry for not posting sooner. Between having the flu and my computer going down I haven't had time to get on here.

Anyway, looks like the date is set: 26 of May

I said in my last post that I have made barrel spacers. Here is a list of what I have/can make:

For reference purpose this " = " means hole size Of what I have on hand now:

AT2K = 9/16 & 5/8 AT3K = 9/16

AT4K = 9/16 SM1500 = 9/16

SM300 = 9/16 RF20 = 9/16

Hand Cannon = 5/8 DTB = 5/8

DoomSayer = 9/16 FireFly = 5/8

ArrowStorm = 5/8 TetraStrike = 9/16

Pas trigger/ DoomSayer

NF catch / X-Bow catch/trigger

If you see something up here and want a different size give me a shout and I can make it to the specified size. For obvious reason the 3K/4K and the RF20 have to stay at the 9/16. There is not enough room on the spacers to make a hole bigger then the size.

I plan on whipping up some more thing before the war. Especially the homemade turret's I have been working on.

#311428 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 18 February 2012 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Those look awesome, Taer. Looking forward to see them in action!
As for trading things I've made quite a few barrel spacers and homemade PAS triggers. Anyone interested in them?
So if everyone is good with the 26th let's set it in stone. Last call for anyone who can't make it on the 26. If nobody says anything in the next few days then it will be on the 26th of May.

#311313 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 16 February 2012 - 01:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome guys!

Don't worry, it won't be on Mothers Day weekend. How does everyone feel about the 26th of May or June 2?

#311101 Titan Problem

Posted by Dayko on 12 February 2012 - 01:39 PM in Modifications

Sounds like the rubber piece on the top of the firing pin is coming off at higher pressures. Use this method. Different blaster, same fix.

#311062 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by Dayko on 11 February 2012 - 02:46 PM in Nerf Wars

The cold is starting to subside, the days are getting a little brighter. It feels like its about time to start the wars again.

Let's start off by picking out the dates. Since it is still chilly outside I'm thinking we should start the wars off in May/June time. I know its a ways off but that gives us time to prepare for it and get the time off work.
So let's start by throwing some dates out there!

On another note I would like it if people would read this awesome article that Badger wrote.

Date: May 5th

Rules:

Eye protection mandatory

No head shots

No ball shots

Don't be a douchbag

What To Bring:

A good attitude

Your own blaster's

Your own darts

What not to bring:

A bad attitude

Age Limit

13+

Blaster Restrictions:

No singled Titans.

Dart restrictions:

Game Types:

Death Match
Team Zombie Death Match
Capture The Flag
Pimp
Wondering Monster
Pistol Round
Medic

Field Supervisors

The Pinkertons:
Dayko
Thrax
TearKitty
Darth Freyr

Attendees:
nisaburo
taerKitty 
Tuna The Fish
WickBuddy
Lizard Messiah + 1-2

So is everybody ready for more foam flinging?

#305712 Effeminate 2.4

Posted by Dayko on 11 October 2011 - 02:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Genuine Necro. I finally got the pics off the camera. So sorry for the long delay, guy's.

Effeminate mobstackles
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Holy shit! A huge ass bee's nest:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I want to thank everyone again for coming to the wars this summer. I had a blast Nerfing with ya! Looking forward to Nerfing with ya again!

#305509 CS-70 Marauder

Posted by Dayko on 08 October 2011 - 04:41 AM in Modifications

Good god, Taer. You have created a monster! I cannot wait to see this in action.

#304720 Effeminate 2.4

Posted by Dayko on 15 September 2011 - 12:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, way late to the recap. Anyway Great last war guy's. It was an awesome year Nerfing with everyone.

Highlight

Getting to Nerf with my peeps again

Taers and Darth's mobstackles are fucking amazing. Seriously these changed the way we played the entire day. Mad props to you guy's.

The weather staying good all day

Taers camping in my base during Witch Doctor was awesome

Having some people come over from the wedding that was next to us was awesome

Wedding guy was amazing

Playing game types that kept all players in the game was very effective at keeping the playing field even. I.E. Team Death Match Zombie's, Witch Doctor

Having each match time to a 15 minute limit kept the rounds move pretty smoothly for the most part

Low lights

Having my +bow's priming bar break during the first round and not having a suitable backup

The bee's nest was the biggest one I have ever seen. This thing was huge. It was cool to look at but the bee's were cranky and kept trying to get everyone

Overall it was a great way to end the summer.

I want to thank TaerKitty and Darth Freyr for helping me moderate the war's this year. Thanks guy's, I appreciate it.
I also want to thank everyone who came to the wars this year. I had a great time Nerfing with everyone this year and I am looking forward to next years festivity's.

Wick: I forget the guy's name but he was the one who carried the backpack around with him. He got the shirt.

I will be sorting the pics and posting them up hopefully soon.

Again I had a great time with you guy's. This year I think was our best year yet. We developed new game types that keep everyone in the game ( TDMZ was Taer's game ). We implemented new rules that keep everything going smoothly.

I'm looking forward to Nerfing with you guy's again. Until then, dream up some new creations.

#304503 Effeminate 2.4

Posted by Dayko on 09 September 2011 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright guy's this is the last day to prepare for the war. Time to finish up those last minute mods and pack everything up and get a good nights sleep for it will be one awesome day of Nerfing!!

I'll see my fellow Nerfers on the battlefield tomorrow.