AirApache's Content

There have been 712 items by AirApache (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#200425 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by AirApache on 02 January 2009 - 01:12 AM in Off Topic

This is a Failtopic. But just to make it less fail, I want to know if anyone knows if McDonalds at some point offered nerf guns as part of their happy meals.

#200327 Happy New Year

Posted by AirApache on 01 January 2009 - 09:34 PM in Off Topic

Darn. I'm at IU Bloomington, though one of my friends lives in Goshen. I don't know if she nerfs though.

#200287 Happy New Year

Posted by AirApache on 01 January 2009 - 07:21 PM in Off Topic

Whoa...hey guys it's been awhile. I'm a sophomore at IU right now - is there any sort of Nerf activity happening in my region? And wow, NH has a five month validation period now??? Crazy. Is ompa still active on the boards?

Happy new year,
AA

#135973 Diablo 2 / Lod Thread

Posted by AirApache on 14 January 2008 - 03:34 PM in Off Topic

My account is probably deleted.
If I were to start playing again my Nerf projects would come to a screeching halt.
Besides I really hate act 3.

Your account is gone. I tried adding you but it said invalid user name. Yeah I don't like act 3 either.

Be sure to say what server you are on.

I have two accounts. One on the West and one on the East..

West account is: Dayko19
East account is: Dayko9

If you want to add me, my account is anocytl and my char name is noctalya. useast/sc/ladder, that is. Also, my jsp is justonemorelevel if you use it.

#135924 Cutting Brass Tubing

Posted by AirApache on 14 January 2008 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

Just bought the one LMA pictured on eBay. Thanks everyone!

The round cutters (like LMA posted) will often leave a "lip" that curves inward...make sure you don't make it too tight when using it. Personally, my best cuts with brass were using a handsaw. Never left a lip...though sometimes the cuts were pretty ugly.

#135923 A Few Things...

Posted by AirApache on 14 January 2008 - 03:40 AM in Off Topic

Hey guys...haven't been to this site for ages now, but wondering a few things:

1. Are there any major nerfwars going on around Indiana? I'm at IU-Bloomington, and I didn't take any of my guns with me both because I didn't think there'd be much of a nerfer community here, and more because I didn't have room to carry them here.

2. I need a new addiction. I've been playing diablo for awhile...I'm play FFXII right now but once I'm done with that... I'm considering Rome: Total War, but if you have better suggestions, let me know. (I'm not doing WoW).

-AA

#107389 Best Possible Mods?

Posted by AirApache on 24 May 2007 - 12:01 AM in Modifications

You forgot the "bad ass" category. LocknLoad needs to find its way on here somehow.

#107387 Nf Question

Posted by AirApache on 23 May 2007 - 11:50 PM in General Nerf

In general the size of brass or PVC varies slightly depending on where you get it, so asking online isn't necessarily the best way to find out. Also your FBR size might be different depending on where you got it or how you straighten it.

In general, you should get an increase of range, no matter what, with your modded gun. However, choose your stock darts wisely, because you may lose range if your gun is too powerful for too light of a dart. I'd suggest getting those darts with the velcro on front for sticking to a target, or whistling darts and filling them with hot glue. These are nice because they are perfectly balanced radially. I get maybe about 20-30 additional feet with my stock darts with my modded Nitefinder, so you should be ok. Plus, for the range that you'll be shooting anybody with them, it really doesn't matter that much.

AA

#107386 Wisconsin/midwest Nerf War

Posted by AirApache on 23 May 2007 - 11:43 PM in Nerf Wars

So I'm hosting a nerf war in Brookfield, WI (nearby Milwaukee) which is basically going to consist of seniors from my high school, but if any of you are nearby and interested, here are the details, which are on facebook with the following link: http://hs.facebook.c...?eid=2362795587

Date: Friday, June 15, 2007
Time: 1:00pm - 6:00pm (ambiguous)

More details to come soon.

Also, I was searching the forums for it, but I can't find "official" sets of rules for deathmatch/team deathmatch type things, or capture the flag, etc. Anybody care to link me or do a writeup of some sort? I'd like to do something where there are lives.

Thanks much,

AA

If you need to contact me, I think my AIM is on my profile, and if it's not, its krazeazn12, and my email is chillincellist@gmail.com.

PPS Any nerf activity around Indiana? I'm going to bloomington next year for school.

#106260 Primary Guns

Posted by AirApache on 18 May 2007 - 12:25 AM in General Nerf

Nothing like my trusty 7".

Brass/pvc Sm1500, I mean. 4 shots of pure ownage.

#104954 Sm 1500 Repair

Posted by AirApache on 10 May 2007 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

= epoxy some tubing that you can wrap around it to form a new and stronger seal.

AA

#104953 Odd New Dart

Posted by AirApache on 10 May 2007 - 10:54 PM in General Nerf

Is it necessary for ten people to say 'nerf isn't about pain' and then start an argument?

Please end this.

However, for my post to be relevant, I do think there is a little bit of excitement in human beings whenever we have the capability to harm/when we see something get harmed (Car crash by Dane cook anyone?) so it's kind of neat to know you have darts that can hurt.

AA

#80593 Calendar

Posted by AirApache on 22 April 2006 - 03:03 AM in Nerf Wars

Perhaps you should have this topic shown in the wars board as well, for the members that only check the wars board.

#80393 New Forum Code, Oh My!

Posted by AirApache on 19 April 2006 - 08:31 PM in News

Leave for a week and the forum gets hacked... well, glad to see NH still up and running.

AA

#79085 Combos Thread

Posted by AirApache on 06 April 2006 - 10:55 PM in General Nerf

Primary: Supermaxx1500 (quad 7" nested brass)
Secondary: NiteFinder (single 4" brass ppk mod)
If I can't hit them once in five shots, I don't deserve to hit them at all.

#79084 I, For One, Welcome Our New Ass-kicking Overlords

Posted by AirApache on 06 April 2006 - 10:48 PM in News

Well I haven't heard much about him because he doesn't post too much.
Group: Ambassadors
Member No.: 7

Also what "ranking" is more powerful- Founders or Ambassadors?

Sorry to break it to you, but NerfHaven isn't an RPG. Your post number isn't equivalent to kill count, and there's no clan ranking. I hope you really don't care that much about a "ranking" here on the 'Haven, or your post number.

My congratulations to the above: well deserved and not unexpected!

AA

#78963 Cutting Brass For Barrels

Posted by AirApache on 05 April 2006 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

If you don't have a dremel, I'd go with something serrated over something like a pipe cutter. The cutters tend to leave a lip that on the brass that takes extra tedious time to remove, whereas something like a saw leaves a rough cut but retains the radius of the brass.

#77411 Farmageddon Planning Thread

Posted by AirApache on 24 March 2006 - 01:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Count ompa and I in.

#76594 Shwifty

Posted by AirApache on 16 March 2006 - 11:19 PM in Site Feedback

I'd just like to say, remember that policy we held with Hitler for awhile? That's called appeasement.

#76495 Pain

Posted by AirApache on 16 March 2006 - 01:15 PM in General Nerf

It might be "cool" to inflict some pain with a nerf gun, but I think I'm against people who intentionally do so. I think it's probably because of Talio. He's got this mantra that he makes his guns weaker, or even stock, just to prove people that he's better than them with a stock gun then they are with their heavily modded gun. However, I do think the dart velocity has to be fast enough for the recipient to feel it.

#76493 Accesories, Accesories...

Posted by AirApache on 16 March 2006 - 01:03 PM in Modifications

If you're more of the modder/collector type nerfer, then it's not a bad idea. It adds to the aesthetics quite nicely and you'll be sure to get "wow's" from friends. If you are really into this catagory, then I'd almost suggest you start work in home-mades because those leave more room for creative thinking and design.

#76492 Paintball? (gasp!)

Posted by AirApache on 16 March 2006 - 01:00 PM in Off Topic

It's not so much a hatred of paintball or airsoft. It's the fact that people make comparisons between those two games and Nerfing. Nerfing is completely different because of different ranges, different rates of fire and different ammo capacities. So when people claim that paintballing is better because you can hit people from longer ranges, they don't understand that half the fun of nerfing is that you need skill to judge how fast your darts shoot, how far they shoot, at what angle they should be shot, and all this must be used accordingly with the gun's rate of fire or ammo capacity. It forces you to have different skills than in paintball or airsoft. Some would say that it takes more skill. But that's my bias coming out.

#76214 Ringing Guns

Posted by AirApache on 14 March 2006 - 11:10 PM in General Nerf

Although it might be kind of obnoxious and disadvantageous if you're trying to be stealthy, if you don't find a way to silence the ring, it's really ok. I tend to think of the NiteFinder as more of a in-your-face magnum type pistol then a stealthy weapon. I mean, you don't really have to be sneaky about a backup pistol that fires 70 feet.

Just my two cents, you might disagree.

AA

#75712 Simplified Far?

Posted by AirApache on 09 March 2006 - 10:08 PM in Homemades

Impressive. Put up pictures with a paintjob? It kind of reminds me of the Halo BR.

#72480 First Attempt At A Homebrew Gun

Posted by AirApache on 06 February 2006 - 03:01 AM in Homemades

Impressive, Carbon.

If you're looking at the aesthetics for the SNAP-S (which I think is hardly of concern), if you're looking for the pistol look, then I'd suggest making the PVC connector a 90 degree angle one. If you really want the slightly diagonal handle look, you can add extra wood/PVC (and perhaps concealing the trigger at the same time).

Personally, when I hear sidearm I think of the NF or scout design which is that the plunger and handle are separate, but you wanted one that's combined, so I guess the SNAP-S does a pretty good job of that.

35 feet is pretty impressive. Just by the look of the size of the plunger, I don't think it would hurt to have a longer barrel.

Air

#71059 Janga's Halo 2 Warthog Montage

Posted by AirApache on 15 January 2006 - 08:33 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, do we have a NerfHaven Halo 2 gamertag thread anywhere? If not, someone should make one.
Anyway, if anyone else plays, my gamertag is Elicham.

#70667 Any Magic Players

Posted by AirApache on 08 January 2006 - 09:00 PM in Off Topic

I stopped playing when I was about 13.

#70611 First Gun?

Posted by AirApache on 07 January 2006 - 11:19 PM in General Nerf

I've had a SM1500 as far as I can remember. Ompa asked me one day if I had any nerf guns and I questioned his motives. Upon learning the reasoning behind his question, I began a quest of mine own.

#69696 Silencer Report

Posted by AirApache on 21 December 2005 - 11:28 PM in Darts and Barrels

I wonder of the angle of the drilled hole affects the effectiveness of the silencer. For example (sorry I'm doing a research paper so I don't have time to make it in paint),

Classic silencer:

______ _______
______| |_______

Etc.
Angled drilled holes:

_______ ________
_______\ \________

I'm keeping in account the fact that having holes reduces the range of the dart. So perhaps by angling the holes, you would retain the majority of the distance while dampening the "pop."

AA

#69585 Lubricants Of Choice

Posted by AirApache on 20 December 2005 - 12:37 AM in General Nerf

I lube my guns with MUSCL-GRO and Oxy-Strong.

#69479 Welts

Posted by AirApache on 18 December 2005 - 06:04 PM in General Nerf

My clan leader, Sinfil, has a great training exorcise for all newbies

Man you have one tough clan if all your newbs are exorcised after they get in.

#68493 Knives/swords Collections

Posted by AirApache on 27 November 2005 - 07:59 PM in Off Topic

Or ARE they?

Watch what's in your baby food next time...

#68024 Nerf Hq

Posted by AirApache on 20 November 2005 - 12:05 AM in Off Topic

It's called the Cosa Nostra, friends. I'd advise you from ever visiting the site again.

#67950 Bayonet

Posted by AirApache on 18 November 2005 - 09:38 PM in Homemades

I think the idea would be pretty sweet if instead of a knife, it was like a nerf ball/grenade type thing, not necessarily something that would explode. That way, if you were ever in a situation where both of you are out ammo in your primary and sidearm you could just take it off and chuck it at the guy. Now if both of you are good enough to dodge all the shots or have terrible enough aim to miss all the shots in the first place, then it probably won't do you any good. Dunno, just putting in my two cents.

#67831 Nf Mod

Posted by AirApache on 16 November 2005 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Clean mod. I don't like the gun (the new version that is) because of it's aesthetics, but that's not your fault.

#67829 I'm Suing!

Posted by AirApache on 16 November 2005 - 09:09 PM in Off Topic

Hey guys, this isn't something to laugh at. My uncle sued his doctor for nearly the same case, and we barely won. I can't believe you would make this a laughing matter.

#67828 Why

Posted by AirApache on 16 November 2005 - 09:05 PM in Off Topic

I feel like this is a newb who thought it would be funny to create a new account and make this thread just to get a rise out of us.

I nerf because I like to have fun, and nerfing floats my boat so that's what I do.

#67180 Problems With Single'd At2k

Posted by AirApache on 05 November 2005 - 11:37 PM in Modifications

Well as long as we're bringing this topic back up again, Peter, you should be using more than 6" of brass. Try 12" and then cut back until you get a maximum range.

#66896 Covvy Snipes, Anyone?

Posted by AirApache on 31 October 2005 - 11:00 PM in Off Topic

http://www.engadget....34000293065911/

#66894 Raleigh, Nc

Posted by AirApache on 31 October 2005 - 10:44 PM in Nerf Wars

No offense or anything...

but you sound oddly EXACTLY like my 8-year-old brother in trying to be humorous. Just admit you're roughly 10 years old and get over with it.

AA