Diablo's Content

There have been 249 items by Diablo (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#147498 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 28 March 2008 - 02:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be bringing my BBB, but it looks like it's CPVC barrel isn't the best fit for my stefans.

Think I'll be able to borrow a gun if things don't turn out so well for my BBB?

#147432 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 28 March 2008 - 12:05 AM in Nerf Wars

If I drive 3+ hours to hear people bitching I'm kicking some ass.

I also love all of you.

#146790 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 25 March 2008 - 01:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Another update: I will not be bringing my brother and law; he has to work. I'll be flying solo for a 3+ hour drive. Woo!

#146234 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 22 March 2008 - 12:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Update: I may be bringing my brother in law. My mom was talking to him about me going, and he seems really interested.

#145928 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 20 March 2008 - 01:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Virgin? Who needs that when your mom should be giving you a ride as usual.

Burn!

Seriously though, I'm not going to miss this for the world. I'm glad that the Ohio Nerf "legacy" that reigned around 2003-2005 has come to a triumphant return.

And I really like your defibrillator analogy, Brandon. Truer words have not been spoken.

#145185 Modular Ls Undergun System

Posted by Diablo on 15 March 2008 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Very innovative! I've been trying to think of a good way to mount my NF to the underside of my BBB. With this design, I'll have fun buying more secondary blasters to mount to it also. I'll have to make the connection stronger probably, since the front gun would be used to cock my BBB, but this idea will be helping me tremendously.

Great job.

#145183 Nerf Wii Crossbow?

Posted by Diablo on 15 March 2008 - 01:01 AM in General Nerf

Hmmmm, Looks like another nf re-package, Maybe, Just a guess based on Wii-Mote size, If it doesn't shoot darts it still looks pretty cool, Maybe someone will put some X-bow internals in there and have direct threat paint it? Yeah, If direct threat got commissioned to give this a dark red and black 40k paintjob, My brain would explode from the awesome, Also, Im posting from my Wii, weird huh?

EDIT: I just compared a dart to the black thing on the wiimote, Look at to crossbow bolt barrel, Looks about the right size for a dart, And if it fires that bolt far enough, It could have some serious potential.

EDIT2:I see you reading, now post.

NF repackage? This looks nothing at all like a Nite Finder and is a Wii accessory. Unless I'm missing something....you're not making much sense.

If I had to guess, I'd say the main function of the gun is a jacket for the Wiimote. The fact that it shoots is probably just a gimmick. I don't see much potential in this, but as we all know that's just an assumption.

#144843 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 12 March 2008 - 01:25 AM in Nerf Wars

My mother has banned me from getting a ride with anyone but my father. And he'll be getting out of that two days before, so it looks like I'm not heading down, unless my dad actually takes me.

I understand, my parents would be very leery of me getting a ride with someone I met over the internet also. However, if you really want to go to the war, I wouldn't mind meeting your parents before the war sometime if that would help persuade them into letting you go.

#144534 The Pulse Rifle

Posted by Diablo on 10 March 2008 - 12:42 AM in Homemades

I say to each his own. If you like the extra cosmetics, why not keep them? I assume you're going for an M16 look, because it does look similar to one. Critically speaking though, I would clean up the look of the gun. It wouldn't be too hard to clean up the goopy joints and give it a nice looking paint job. You should also not use copper pipe for a barrel material. Go to your local hobby shop and purchase some brass tubing or buy some PETG from OMC; I always hear great reviews from his stuff. Or, if you have slightly smaller FBR, look into CPVC as a very cheap alternative.

#144382 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 08 March 2008 - 09:57 PM in Nerf Wars

That's a nice looking area to play in Brandon.

And yes, hopefully the weather clears up by then. If it is anything like it was this weekend (about 2 feet in Cleveland), I will not be attending. I got stuck 4 times going to and from work today.

I love Cleveland.

#143806 A Halo Plasma Rifle Made From Pc/magstrike?

Posted by Diablo on 04 March 2008 - 02:26 AM in Modifications

If you want to use the gun's clip system, no. I suppose you could take out the clip and redirect the airflow to the back of the gun via some PVC, but it would be tough to make it look aesthetically pleasing. It would also be tricky to rearrange the trigger mechanism to the back of the gun. I'm not exactly sure how these modifications would affect range. The fact that you would have a better seal between the barrel and the air bladder would increase range, but the longer airflow due to the redirection may decrease that range. If I had to guess, I'd say the increase would outweigh the decrease, but you're sacrificing rate of fire to achieve that.

If you plan on seriously doing a modification like this, take a look at Forsaken Angel's Longshot to Lancer conversion. He put in some serious effort to make the replica spot on. The mod you want to do is certainly possible, but would take a great deal of time and patience to make it look good/preform well.

#143802 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 04 March 2008 - 02:08 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm currently in the process of modding a BBB and a NF. I can't get my damn NF to fire, I think I need to stop using CPVC.

Once I get them working, I plan on integrating the NF where the BBB front handle is, and then kicking all of your asses with it.

#143567 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 03 March 2008 - 12:21 AM in Nerf Wars

boisie, Lakewood is 15 minutes from me. If you need a ride, I got you covered.

#143424 Oh My God.

Posted by Diablo on 02 March 2008 - 03:56 AM in General Nerf

Purple headband.

Welcome back Spoon.

#142777 Spring Ohio War

Posted by Diablo on 27 February 2008 - 01:58 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

I haven't looked at specific directions yet, but I assume I'll be driving somewhere near your residence Lynx. If I assume correctly, and JediJoe can't give you a ride, I'd be more than happy to pick you up on the way down.

Let's go Ohio!

#142567 Iron Man Magstrike In Stores

Posted by Diablo on 26 February 2008 - 12:28 AM in General Nerf

Stores usually clearance items on specific location basis. When a particular item is not selling well or is not going to be carried any longer, a store will mark down the price to get rid of the merchandise and to allow room for new merchandise. Toys R Us might sell a decent amount of Magstrikes, whereas some Wal Marts may not. Thus some stores having clearanced items and some not.

#142459 The Loaner

Posted by Diablo on 25 February 2008 - 02:01 AM in Modifications

I wish I had an SSII

The Secret Shot 2 is generally abbreviated as the SS2. The Sharpshooter II gets the abbreviation as SSII. I'm not trying to be a dick, but wanted to clarify.

As far as the mod goes, great job. My friend had an SS2 back in the day and it was a beastly gun. Such a large airtank in such a small package. I'm glad that you modified it well.

#142362 Ohno (s)

Posted by Diablo on 24 February 2008 - 03:44 AM in Nerf Wars

We gotta get Ohio back on the map!

I'll be at every damn war I am physically able to attend.

#142030 Ohno (s)

Posted by Diablo on 22 February 2008 - 07:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Also, I am sorry about spelling mistakes and will make sure I spell Cincinati ( :D ) correctly. starting... NOW!!!!!!!!!!

Fail

#141659 Ohno (s)

Posted by Diablo on 21 February 2008 - 12:21 AM in Nerf Wars

I on Spring break on March 29, so if my dad/mom will drive me I'll go. Has there been a definite location selected yet?

Might be able to bring a person or two...

I believe we settled on somewhere near the Dayton area. Tipp City perhaps? Brandon, since you'll be the "host," can you give us the definite location?

#141475 Ohno (s)

Posted by Diablo on 20 February 2008 - 02:09 AM in Nerf Wars

Woa, Lynx. Cool your jets there.

A lot of people here can't make it on that date. From what I gather, you don't even know if you can go that date...since JediJoe isn't guaranteeing you a ride. Take a breather and let things happen, don't force it.

Who can, without a doubt, make it down to Dayton for a war on March 29th? Please be honest.

#141219 Remeber Abp5k?

Posted by Diablo on 19 February 2008 - 01:42 AM in General Nerf

I hope that pulletman is being honest with his statements, CaptainSlug. But I do want to let you know that I just recently muted his account over at NerfHQ for being a stereotypical newb. If you're bad enough to get muted over there, then you're probably bad enough to make up a huge story like this to get some recognition.

Not saying that is the case, but I just want to tell you what I know.

#140971 Absolver- Titan Modification

Posted by Diablo on 18 February 2008 - 03:15 AM in Modifications

As Forsaken Angel already told you, that is a phenomenal first post. I understood your write up completely, and it looks like it'd be great for your indoor wars too.

A lot of members have been throwing ideas at you like crazy in this thread. It seems that you have a pretty good Nerfing strategy already though; the AT2k/Shotgun Titan combo seems to be a great fit for the way you Nerf. I would avoid all of the crazy integration ideas that some of these kids are telling you to do. Make your gun how you want to make it, after all you'll be the one using it.

Oh, and welcome to NerfHaven.

#140626 Ohno (s)

Posted by Diablo on 16 February 2008 - 05:15 PM in Nerf Wars

You said you'd rather have May than April, Ryan.

Does that mean you'd probably not attend if it was on March 29th like we suggested earlier?

Also, the war would be in Dayton, which I believe is about halfway between Cincinnati and Columbus.

#140402 The Snap-4m

Posted by Diablo on 15 February 2008 - 02:49 AM in Homemades

Very nice, a lot better than the design I was throwing around earlier.

Does the plunger rod sticking out the front of the gun make it slightly unwieldy?

#140397 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Diablo on 15 February 2008 - 02:21 AM in General Nerf

My first gun was an Eagle Eye. I though that thing was the shit, with its red dot light thing.

#140140 The Vulcan

Posted by Diablo on 14 February 2008 - 04:54 AM in General Nerf

I don't think the chain would work on older chain guns. This fires micro darts, the Razorbeast, Roto-trak, and Chainblazer all shoot megas.

It's also not certain that this will fire via a flywheel, SPU-Nerf. It's possible, but I really hope it's not.

I think the concept of this gun sounds great for indoor wars. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun for people playing games like HvZ. As far as for those who Nerf in the outdoors, I doubt it will be of much use.

#140139 Music

Posted by Diablo on 14 February 2008 - 04:45 AM in Off Topic

I like the idea of collaborating on some music via NerfHaven.

It looks like all of you have me beat musically wise, but I think I'm the only one here who said they play drums (I also play guitar and bass, but I'd have to say you guys are better than I am.) If you all wanted to get something going, I should be able to lend my drumming services.

#140137 The Snap-4m

Posted by Diablo on 14 February 2008 - 04:30 AM in Homemades

Stop making new guns everyday, you're making the rest of us look bad.

Really though, it's nice and compact, I like it. I think it would be pretty hard to aim during battle though.

What if you gave it a set up similar to a Razor Fin? Have the plunger perpendicular to the barrel instead of parallel to it. It would be a larger gun, but it would be much easier to aim and even holster than your current design is; thus making it more comfortable to fire and easier to wield on the battle field.

#140136 Ohno (s)

Posted by Diablo on 14 February 2008 - 04:12 AM in Nerf Wars

I am 100% down for a Dayton war, Brandon. I trust that you Cinci folk know how to host a good war.

As far as dates are concerned, any is fine with me. If the war is in March though you might want to stray away from the 22nd, That's the date for ECNO. I may be attending that war, and it's also a possibility that some east coasters would consider coming out to Dayton to Nerf. How does Saturday, March 29th sound? Brandon said that's when his spring break is and Jedijoe may be able to attend the war that weekend. Sounds good to me if it's good with the rest.

I think our best options right now are a spring Dayton OHNO and an early or late July Columbus OHNO. I say early or late July in order to accomadate NerfMonkey.

Lynx, I also recommend you remove your poll as to make this situation less confusing.

#139882 Ohno (s)

Posted by Diablo on 13 February 2008 - 05:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm down for some Ohio Nerf, just pick a damn date I can go to this time ;)

I'm from Cleveland, but Columbus seems to be the best location so far. I'm fine with that. I'm fine with Athens also; either works for me.

As far as dates are concerned for the next OHNO, I'm thinking April. The 5th, 12th, 19th, and 26th are the Saturdays in April. I don't have any plans that will prohibit me from warring on any of those dates. That, combined with my desire to Nerf as soon as possible, I'm thinking we should have it on the 5th or the 12th. Any other date is fine with me though.

Please post saying which dates work best for you.

#139881 The Snap-duo

Posted by Diablo on 13 February 2008 - 05:35 AM in Homemades

Looks great! I've been very interested in this project from the beginning, and you haven't disappointed me yet.

I hope you're able to easily fix the problems you listed, and I'm looking forward to the paint job.

#139712 Call Of Duty 4 Recon Cs-6 Mod [updated]

Posted by Diablo on 12 February 2008 - 03:12 AM in Modifications

I will update my progress every day (or hour, this project is super fun)

so where is your progress at now? what has it been? 5 or so days you havent updated now...

Actually it hasn't even been four full days yet. Don't harass the guy, when he does something he wants to show us he will.

Oh, and nice paint job. Call of Duty is one of my favorite games currently. It'll be fun seeing what you come up with for the finished product.

#139711 Music

Posted by Diablo on 12 February 2008 - 02:34 AM in Off Topic

Diablo: Yeah, your mix was a little mid-heavy, but it sounded pretty tight. I'm biased, but you could have a little more bass in there as well (I'm primarily a bassist), but that could just be my crappy headphones at work....overall, you have a good sound. Good tracks, even without vocals.

Thanks for the positive feedback, I'll be sure to let the other band members know. As far as the lack of bass, I agree to an extent. Our bassist is a pretty average bass player which inhibits him from playing anything too intricate. He's a great guy and very dedicated though, so we don't mind. In some of our other songs he does have some nice bass lines though. If we record one that has some more bass while this topic is still around, I'll make sure I let you know.

#139553 Music

Posted by Diablo on 11 February 2008 - 05:09 AM in Off Topic

Fett: First of all, I like the topic. As far as the music goes, sounds good! From a musician's perspective, my only critique is to work on your timing a bit. It seems like you speed up parts of the intro; that could just be me though. Excellent job nonetheless.

Carbon: That was really good! It was really well recorded too. I really like how you fit the midi drums in perfectly. When I first read that you used them, I was expecting a generic drum loop. It sounds really good.

GreenRiptide: Sounded good as well.

TeamSlaya: I only listened to "Song 1" and it didn't seem too bad. Kinda rough around the edges, but I'm sure it'll sound better with a higher quality recording.

Falcon: Very amazing. It's going to be fun to listen to when you get a live recording up. Until then....you said you liked the metal?

www.myspace.com/thegypsyhunters

That's the band I currently drum for. Not to make excuses for myself, but my drumming did not come out exceptionally well in our basic recording process. I really like how the guitars recorded though. We're still looking for a singer so we haven't started playing out yet, but should have another song up on our Myspace on Thursday.

Hope you like the tunes.

#139281 Rfr Ammo Catcher

Posted by Diablo on 08 February 2008 - 04:57 AM in Modifications

Pretty neat system you came up with there. It's too bad you wouldn't be able to use this in a large scale outdoor war though. If you Nerf inside, I'm sure it suits you very well.

#139280 Lotr Crossbow.

Posted by Diablo on 08 February 2008 - 04:50 AM in Modifications

The thing I like the most about your write ups is how cleanly and precisely you demonstrate the modification. I've never read one of your mods that I wasn't able to follow 100% It makes browsing this forum all the more fun.

Great job on the mod also. Hopefully you're right about the weather and you really will get an extra 20 feet out of this. That'd be sick.

#139099 Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This Gun?

Posted by Diablo on 07 February 2008 - 03:50 AM in General Nerf

Wow, that gun sounds much more powerful than I would've ever expected.

I'm on the fence as to whether or not one should modify it. Like Orange said, it's one of the rarest Nerf guns out there. You can always buy another gun and modify it well enough to use at a war. If you mod this gun, you're loosing out on a great collectors item. Plus, if you ever decide to quit Nerfing as a hobby, you could make some good cash off of this blaster.

#139098 The Snap-duo

Posted by Diablo on 07 February 2008 - 03:42 AM in Homemades

As VACC said before, I'm amazed at how quickly you're refining this gun. The designs keep getting better and better, too.

Amazing job as always. I can't wait to see it with a shield on it.

#138917 Ecno

Posted by Diablo on 06 February 2008 - 02:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Are any ohioans thinking of attending? particulary Lynx or the UC clanners?

I might be there, depending on what my schedule looks like.

Are you looking to carpool? I'm in Cleveland.