Twitch's Content

There have been 204 items by Twitch (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#341374 Nerf Mafia's Last war

Posted by Twitch on 20 August 2014 - 06:29 AM in Nerf Wars

I should be there.

#330553 Columbus War 5.1 [OH]

Posted by Twitch on 04 June 2013 - 06:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I am sorry to say that I have to change the date of the war. My flight was changed without notice and I'm unable to play on the 22nd. The war is now the 29th of June. The war date will not be modified again.

Twitch, I know this means you can't make it. This is the last date I have open to play nurf guns and would like to fling more foam prior to moving.

Son, I am disappoint.

#330477 Columbus War 5.1 [OH]

Posted by Twitch on 02 June 2013 - 10:10 AM in Nerf Wars

Myself +1

#330291 Cincinnati Birthday Brawl

Posted by Twitch on 27 May 2013 - 03:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Myself +1 are likely to attend.

#330201 The Last War of D.G.~Cincinnati war

Posted by Twitch on 24 May 2013 - 06:46 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#286885 Pow! Halloween

Posted by Twitch on 12 October 2010 - 07:39 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "Maybe;" my supply of Yuengling is running low.

#285613 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 17 September 2010 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#285334 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 12 September 2010 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

My girlfriend bought me a clear raider, and I've decided to do a bit to make it look cooler in the lazer tag arena my nerf group frequents.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can open the shell and switch out the different colors when I get bored with the green/purple combination. It's an easy way to Tron-ify your Nerf blasters.

Posted Image

*edit*

There are no batteries inside the blaster yet, nor are there any UV LEDs; this is not EL wire, it's just fluorescent tubing with a thin metal wire inside to help it hold a shape.

#285283 Lazer Kraze, Near King's Island

Posted by Twitch on 11 September 2010 - 03:43 PM in Nerf Wars

All the normal rules; stock darts, bring a bit of cash, obey my commands without question.

The Stonewall shield will be allowed as a shield.The stampede shield will not be permitted to be used as a shield. I'm not going to have time wasted during the event because two people are arguing that the dart struck the shield or the barrel.

That aside, so you folks there.

#284846 Haunted C.o.w.

Posted by Twitch on 05 September 2010 - 12:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "maybe" for now; I expect to be much more active in the Columbus wars for the foreseeable future.

#282547 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Twitch on 09 August 2010 - 01:27 PM in Nerf Wars

A great time once again. Worth the 12 hour drive which I'll certainly make again, especially if Ted is going to be there selling a trunk-full of xbows for $5/each again.

#281159 Lazer Kraze, Cincinnati, Ohio.

Posted by Twitch on 24 July 2010 - 05:29 PM in Nerf Wars

they list their address as 3187 Western Row, Maineville, OH 45039. For what it's worth, if you're coming from Cincinnati, just take the same exit you would if you were going to King's Island, but at the first light after the off-ramp, make a right. you'll see a gas station and strip mall. Lazer Kraze is in that mall, in the corner.

#280862 Lazer Kraze, Cincinnati, Ohio.

Posted by Twitch on 21 July 2010 - 08:47 AM in Nerf Wars

The facility in Erlanger, Kentucky is unlikely to be available in the near future.

#279915 Lazer Kraze, Cincinnati, Ohio.

Posted by Twitch on 10 July 2010 - 01:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Same location as last time, right next to King's Island. I expect admission to be just a bit higher than last time, as we have the arena from 8pm until midnight. (4 hours, rather than 3).

All the normal rules for the arena; stock darts only, no singled blast bazookas, titans, or anything of the ilk.

#278776 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 27 June 2010 - 09:09 PM in Modifications

Viscount Shamus MyCocksafloppin
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and some UV exposure, to get an idea of what she looks like in the laser tag arena.
Posted Image

#277500 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Twitch on 12 June 2010 - 05:28 AM in Nerf Wars

On my way.

#277472 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Twitch on 11 June 2010 - 07:29 PM in Nerf Wars

my source indicates that thunderstorms are likely to be present throughout the day. I don't think running around with steel gauntlets in a lightningstorm is a wise idea. I'll discuss it with the rest of those riding up with me tomorrow, and post in the morning (like 4am-6am) if we are planning to attend or pass on this one.

#277231 Clash Of Steel: The Real Steel

Posted by Twitch on 09 June 2010 - 08:16 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "maybe."

#276352 Cincinnati Nerf War At Lazer Kraze, June 11th.

Posted by Twitch on 29 May 2010 - 04:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Same location as last time; the Maineville facility. Same time, be there at 11pm. I expect costs to be closer to $6-7 this time around.

3187 Western Row
Maineville, OH
45039|

Definite:
Twitch +1
CincyChop
Dez
Jimmy
TheAbused
Fathertime +(4-5)
Prince Valor +(1-2)

Maybe:
1-20 others from the Cincinnati crowd who lack accounts. (Don't worry, Camo will not be there.)

#275511 Cincinnati Nerf War At Lazer Kraze, May 22nd.

Posted by Twitch on 21 May 2010 - 07:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Expected turnout appears to be more than sufficient for our needs. See you all Saturday night.

#275293 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Twitch on 19 May 2010 - 10:03 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "definite." Not sure if I'll have any guests.

#274930 C.o.w. T.i.p.

Posted by Twitch on 16 May 2010 - 01:13 PM in Nerf Wars

"Maybe"

#274920 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Twitch on 16 May 2010 - 11:52 AM in Nerf Wars

I loved running around with the Titan. I've been inspired now, to undertake several projects focused on that blaster and that ammunition.

In other news, I've transferred the video from the camera to my computer. I'll start reviewing and editing later this week.

#274793 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Twitch on 14 May 2010 - 09:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Twitch +1. See ya tomorrow.

#274627 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Twitch on 12 May 2010 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

"Maybe"

#274619 Cincinnati Nerf War At Lazer Kraze, May 22nd.

Posted by Twitch on 12 May 2010 - 07:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Time: May 22nd. 11pm-3am.

3187 Western Row, Maineville, OH 45039

The special rules for nerfing in the laser tag arena are as follows:

Stock darts only, no stefans. No putting glue in the dart heads, no putting bb's in the dart heads, no shoving fishing weights into the backs of dart. If the darts have been modified in any way, they, and their owner, will not be permitted within the arena.

Titans, blast bazookas, and their ilk are also banned, even stock. They are only permitted within the arena provided they fire from 4 or more barrels simultaneously, and cannot fire from less than 4. Home-made blasters are also banned at this time. No blasters with ejecting shells (BuzzBee double shot, RFR, and Clip tek, for example) are permitted. (I don't want anyone tripping, falling down, and breaking something/getting injured.

We will meet at 11pm, go over rules, select teams, and introduce ourselves. The war will start at midnight, after they close for regular business and kick out all the regular customers. We will stop nerfing around 2:45, to clean-up

I expect the cost to be $5/person, though that cost may vary, depending upon final turnout.

Attendance:

Certain:
Twitch
CincyChop
Dez
Foam Ninja
Darkshot
Fathertme +2-3

Maybe:
Swong
The Abused+3
Prince Valor +1
+ about 10 others from the Cincinnati area w/o NH accounts.

Some pictures of the arena
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What's that? fluorescent warpaint? you bet your ass.
Posted Image

Not my xbow, but a fine example of how awesome bright, fluorescent-painted blaster appear.
Posted Image

Hope to see you there.

#274399 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Twitch on 09 May 2010 - 06:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll definitely be there. In addition to a few others, I'll be bringing a big tub of Nerf blasters/parts to sell. (I've been informed more than a couple of you intend to do the same.)

See ya Saturday.

#274061 Greater Cincinnati Area Lazer Kraze Wars

Posted by Twitch on 05 May 2010 - 10:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Last summer we rented the laser tag arena on more than a few occasions in which to hold Nerf wars. I'm trying to gauge interest from the rest of you, and see how many people are interested in doing it again. These wars will be open to the NIC, now that I've had a season of testing

Last summer, Valhalla aside, the wars were Friday evenings, from midnight to 3am if I recall correctly. Cost was (usually) $4-5/person.

Due to the way events were scheduled, wars were (and I suspect will be) only capable of being announced about 7-10 days before they were/are held.

Please post if you are able/willing to attend such wars, and if you are interested in possibly paying more/person to rent out to arena during more common nerfing hours and for a longer span of time.

If it matters, the most significant rules used are as follows

Stock darts only (decreased risk of a stray round breaking a light bulb, etc.)
No singled blast bazookas, Titans, or anything of the ilk.
+Bows are also banned, but because of their length and the narrow corridors, you probably wouldn't wanna use them anyway, xbows are almost too long. In these arenas, range doesn't just take a back seat to RoF, it rides in the trunk. The raider was not available when we used them last, but I suspect they would be devastating here.

*Edit*

To alleviate the confusion regarding the date of the war, additional information is required.

The way this works is as follows;

Any evening for which some other organization has decided to rent out the facility is (generally) offered to me/the group. Any other organization is given first priority, as we are being given a reduced rate (for a handful of reasons, which do not need to be listed here). Typically, the wars are arranged by the owner calling me to notify me that a given Friday night is available, or I call and ask about a given Friday night. They tell me "yes," and I immediately post (in the past, it was on a Facebook group, but I'll be posting here as well, since these will be open to the NIC) as such, alerting the group. Everyone available then shows up at the designated facility (we have two available) and time with cash in hand. I collect, pay the manager o duty, and after signing waivers, we head off to start nerfing.

The biggest issue lies in our inability to know, with great foresight, that any given evening will be available more than about 7-10 days notice. So my inquiry is basically to see how many people are willing and able to attend a war, on a Friday night, on short notice, throughout the summer. Last summer our average attendance was 28.9 people/war, and average cost was $6/person.

#273934 Rainbow Highway Nerf Run June 26 2010

Posted by Twitch on 03 May 2010 - 10:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Apparently I will not be able to attend. I'm scheduled to work that day, and one of the girls is getting married, so all the other tech's will be busy spending 18 hours getting dressed (And as such, no one is available to fill in for me).

#273419 C.o.w. 2

Posted by Twitch on 26 April 2010 - 04:18 PM in Nerf Wars

List me as a "Maybe."

#273388 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by Twitch on 26 April 2010 - 11:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Totally worth the drive from Cincinnati; I expect to make it out that way again at least once or twice more this season.

#271375 War Capturing On Camera

Posted by Twitch on 05 April 2010 - 08:57 AM in Nerf Wars

If you opt to go with the Oregon Scientific camera, it know of a couple ways to mount it to your blasters.

Posted Image

Posted Image
and switching SD cards is still easy while it's concealed.
Posted Image

Placing it inside the LS scope does limit it's field of view a bit, and an alternative may be desired.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I will say that it's ability to function in very low light (after sunset, or in a dark arena) is rather poor (That's why I added the trio of IR flashlights). In normal daylight it's fine. Don't expect audio quality to be exceptional. Mine fails to pick-up anything spoken from more than about 25 feet. The sound of a blaster to which it is attached being pumped (in my case, an At3k) causes all audio to turn to static. Additionally, the sound of a xbow being fired causes a sound which can only be described as a sort of cartoon spring being released.

#271182 D.n.n.o April 17,2010

Posted by Twitch on 03 April 2010 - 06:57 AM in Nerf Wars

I work that day, but if you guys are still there by 2pm, I'll show up then.

#268835 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by Twitch on 11 March 2010 - 09:41 AM in Nerf Wars

Myself, CincyChop, Badwrench, and 1-2 others are all planning to attend; currently we're finalizing our travel and sleeping arrangements for the weekend.

#267792 Hitler Finds Out About The Nerf Longstrike And Deploy

Posted by Twitch on 03 March 2010 - 09:46 AM in Off Topic

God that was funny as hell. I nearly spit coffee all over my new keyboard.

#258775 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Twitch on 12 December 2009 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

dog9, FatherTime has your magstrike. He lives in Cincinnati, so hopefully the two of you will attend the same war in the near future.

Back to the war, I feel really bad about mistakenly shooting like 3 people in the face. I know the cold always makes those kinda injuries sting all the more. Aside from the embarrassment of getting pegged by me in the first place.

A damn fine day all around, and thanks to Coop I can dual-wield Wiimotes with exceptional finesse.

It's a shame I won't see the majority of you until next spring.

#258625 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Twitch on 11 December 2009 - 09:38 AM in Nerf Wars

You can switch myself and CincyChop to definites.

If anyone has a spare SwitchShot (the Wii blaster) with which they would be willing to part, I'd be delighted.

#257596 Winter Ohio War 2009

Posted by Twitch on 29 November 2009 - 10:02 PM in Nerf Wars

"Maybe."

#257211 State Road War Post-thanksgiving

Posted by Twitch on 25 November 2009 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Myself and two others are certain to attend, baring unforeseen circumstances.

#256450 State Road War Post-thanksgiving

Posted by Twitch on 16 November 2009 - 09:41 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a "maybe."