Dr Moose's Content

There have been 119 items by Dr Moose (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#234010 Which Dremel To Get?

Posted by Dr Moose on 02 June 2009 - 06:44 PM in Off Topic

I have the dremel 300 and it is excellent. When I was first buying one I wanted a cordless because I thought the cord would get in the way, but it does not at all. I am happy I got the corded one because I don't have to worry about the battery ever dying on me or having to replace it.

#207432 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by Dr Moose on 28 January 2009 - 09:30 PM in General Nerf

Thank you for making the choice to serve our country.

It's always a sad day when we lose such a contributor to the NIC as yourself. I always looked forward to see what kind of crazy and unique mod you were going to post next, but I wish you the best of luck in the navy.

And maybe in a few years or maybe more you can post one of those crazy awesome mods you were talking about. ;)

#206966 The K9 Special (pas Mod)

Posted by Dr Moose on 27 January 2009 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

I think that this would be very good if it was just a separate barrel system, so you could take it out of the coupler and use just a normal barrel if you wanted to. Anyways, nice work!

#204549 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by Dr Moose on 18 January 2009 - 09:14 PM in Modifications

I'm in love. Dude, this is one of the coolest things I've seen in a while coming from a guy who thinks that a clean looking gun is half the mod. awesome work.

#182745 Pump Shotty...

Posted by Dr Moose on 09 October 2008 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

The paint job is absolutely beautiful. It is a very clean job.

#176357 Pump Action Shotgun Cpvc Mod

Posted by Dr Moose on 10 September 2008 - 05:57 AM in Modifications

I didn't think that 6 days was considered a necro? I always thought the general rule was 2 weeks or older, this six day rule must have slipped past me.

Anyways, I really like how you kept the ball gun attachment. I love when original ammo types are able to be used with the finished product, it just makes the mod that much more awesome.

#175958 The Prometheus Pistol - Titan + Lsfg

Posted by Dr Moose on 08 September 2008 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

This is what I love to see in a write-up. Tons of pics, very descriptive, and no shirtless prepubescent boys.

Excellent job!

#174263 Airtech 4000

Posted by Dr Moose on 01 September 2008 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

Yes, be very careful with this gun, it have a very fragile rotating mech, don't rotate the barrels the opposite way, or let some immature person use it who will not heed your instructions.

#173905 Bbb Plunger Tube

Posted by Dr Moose on 31 August 2008 - 12:36 PM in Modifications

Pull it off or pry it off with a flathead screwdriver.

#173775 Pump Shotgun 2k Integration.

Posted by Dr Moose on 30 August 2008 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

I agree with you ambushbug, I do not like that I have to remove my hand from the back portion of the gun to shoot the 2k, that is what I am working on with my next one, I plan to place the trigger just in front of the shotguns trigger.

#173774 Lock N Load

Posted by Dr Moose on 30 August 2008 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

Your barrel looks a tad long, but that's just my opinion, you may get better ranges with a 3" - 4" barrel. I personally use a 3.5" barrel on mine and I love it. Yours is very nice and it probably fits the way that you wanted it. Just offering some constructive criticism.

#173717 Can Any One Tell Me What Gun This Is?

Posted by Dr Moose on 30 August 2008 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

I can't even begin to decipher what you are trying to say. Try using proper spelling and grammar, and check out orange's nerf page for a complete listing of almost every blaster.

#173112 Pump Shotgun 2k Integration.

Posted by Dr Moose on 28 August 2008 - 07:48 AM in Modifications

Good job, but personally I like to put weapons on other weapons with opposite abilities. Like putting an AT2K on a RF20. I mean you're gun looks VERY clean and well done, but now you have 2 single shot long range guns in one. In my opinion, not a very effective primary.

Like BlackFox said, it's a back up shot. For wars, I'm going to use a flip barrel system and have this ready in case someone rushes me or I can't reload in time, I'm not going to fire the shotgun and then fire the 2k every time.

Well I did this to the other shotgun. We could have a matching pair.

It looks very functional, but the whole purpose of mine was to do it as cleanly as possible

Are you finishing painting it right now? It looks pretty cool so far with the green white fade, so could you post some picts of the final project when you're done?

Like I said in the original post, I cannot find any neon blue spray paint anywhere, but if you guys have any suggestions for other colors, that would be great, because I really want to get this bad boy finished.

How did you make the ring for the tank?

I cut a sliver of 3/4" pvc and made a small notch in the side, put it on the firing pin, and then used epoxy putty in the notch where the pin met the pvc. If i'm not being clear, I can post a pic if you want.

I really like this. One question though; does the plexiglass make the stock uncomfortable?

Well, for someone of my size, It doesn't really reach my arm pit all the time, and I don't try and make it rest against my shoulder because it would be uncomfortable to me to hold the gun that close and try to fire, but when I do put the stock against my body, it doesn't really bother me personally.

#173031 E-tape On Plunger Head

Posted by Dr Moose on 27 August 2008 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

I find that adding the e-tape directly over the o-ring seems better than under the o-ring in NF's.

#172992 Pump Shotgun 2k Integration.

Posted by Dr Moose on 27 August 2008 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

I love single shot spring guns. They are more simplistic and usually more reliable than most air guns I've ever used. But I think that it is safe to say that air guns have far more versatility when It comes to potential. Distance potential, ROF potential, and integration potential. The thing I love about springers though is the fact that no matter what size the springer, It always has a faster priming time than air guns. But enough comparison, they become great when paired together. A pump shotgun as my primary, and a 2k as a back up shot.

Cosmetics are a very important thing to me in nerf guns, so I always look to keep a very clean look with all my mods, so after some thinking I found the perfect way to integrate a 2k into/onto a pump shotgun.

Things you need-
- pump shotgun
- airtech 2000 internals
- a dremel
- your favorite type of adhesive
- 3/8" tubing (I'm not 100% sure, because I did this mod a while ago)
- hot glue
- a metal pin
- plexiglass

First off, I did Angels level 2 shotgun mod, except for adding a spring to the trigger which I did differently to make space for the tubing. Angels mod can be found here.

We are primarily going to be working on the stock of the gun, so I don't have any pictures of the front in this write up.

First you are going to need to make a "cross" cut in the back of the stock.
Posted Image

Next, you are going to need to make the hot glue in the handle sort of like angel did, except for where I positioned my tank, we need space in the back, So you are going to have to glue a metal pin to support the spring and still be able to have space in the back. I hot glued the pin a little, let it cool, then used some zap-a-gap and then repeated the process a few times. DO NOT ADD HOT GLUE ONTO WET ZAP-A-GAP, IT WILL CREATE TERRIBLE FUMES, I got some of the fumes in my eye once, and I had a sharp buring pain for about five minutes.
(This pic isn't too great.)
Posted Image

Next, you want to cut off the end of the pump handle at a slight angle, and replace it with some plexiglass. (or you can skip this step if cosmetics don't mean as much to you.)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Next you are going to need to pick a spot for the tank, I chose on top of the gun for reasons I can't explain, I just bought another pump shotgun and I'm going to put it on the bottom where firing it would be much more comfortable. I initially glued it with zap-a-gap and the used epoxy putty for support.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now you need to make a hole in the shell of the gun for the tubing to pass from the pump to the air tank.
Posted Image

Now you can put in the pump and put the tubing through the hole.
Posted Image

Next connect the tubing to the air tank.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Now you have a 2k as a back up shot for the pump shotgun that is very cleanly done, the pump is not sticking out in weird places that make it look very "fugly".

Sadly, this gun is still unfinished due to the fact that I cannot for the life of me find any neon blue paint anywhere, but all other components are finished and have been tested.

Here's some more pics for the heck of it.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#166898 Electric Automatic Breeched Hopper Proof Of Concept

Posted by Dr Moose on 06 August 2008 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

I don't get things like this, and "reserving this spot for my gun" why not just post whatever when you have it done?

#166186 How Much More Do Stefans Hurt

Posted by Dr Moose on 03 August 2008 - 02:38 PM in Homemades

Slugs darts are great, but I just want to tell you that they still hurt a fair amount out of a modded gun, though, any type of ammunition is going to hurt a little out of a modded nerf blaster.

#166185 Bunker Buster Idea

Posted by Dr Moose on 03 August 2008 - 02:34 PM in Homemades

This has been done before. It's called the barricade buster. Captain slug even made a video for it.

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=4997&st=0

#165426 Padded Stephans?

Posted by Dr Moose on 30 July 2008 - 01:55 PM in Modifications

I don't think pennies would work as weights unless you are using mega darts, because it wouldn't fit in any barrel material for micros, but I'm still not sure if they would work. I tried these a while back with foam at the end, and they don't fly very well at all. I switched to captain slugs method of making darts, and they fly very well and I don't see why you would need more padding than the felt tips.

#164612 Question On A Chain Gun

Posted by Dr Moose on 26 July 2008 - 07:59 AM in General Nerf

They are the same gun, but I think the razorback is an older version, and they may have minor differences.

#164552 Nitefinder Paint

Posted by Dr Moose on 25 July 2008 - 08:53 PM in General Nerf

Neon colors are the shizz nerf guns, because it just says 'Yeah I'm playing with kids toys and I love it. So what'

#163128 Nf Help

Posted by Dr Moose on 17 July 2008 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

So is the barrel glued in with anything? You should glue it with epoxy or plumbers goop, because if it isn't airtight the air is probably escaping around the barrel instead of going to the dart and giving it maximum range.

#158175 2k Goo Gauge

Posted by Dr Moose on 05 June 2008 - 07:52 PM in Modifications

I can think of 2 reasons why to take it off.

1. Less pumps
2. Space for integrations

1. This wouldn't affect the amount of pumps it takes, because the main point of the goo tube is for cosmetic purposes and keeping the rubber membrane from popping.

2. You're right on this one, but I would rather integrate my 2k onto something than something into my 2k.

#158165 2k Goo Gauge

Posted by Dr Moose on 05 June 2008 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

Why not just keep it on? If you absolutely need to take it off, saw the whole orange thing off and run tubing directly from the pump to the tank. It will be easier than problems you may encounter If you saw the guage off because there is a thin rubber membrane in the orange part, and If you saw the goo guage off, it may rupture because the membrane won't be able to hold any pressure and you will have to run tubing directly from the pump to the tank anyways.

#157681 Ls-dtg Integration

Posted by Dr Moose on 01 June 2008 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

So you basically did the ls front gun mod if the ls front guns was 3x the size.

#157529 Lnl Plunger Head Problems.

Posted by Dr Moose on 31 May 2008 - 08:40 AM in Modifications

Try using Zap-a-gap glue.

#156904 Sm500 & Sm3k

Posted by Dr Moose on 25 May 2008 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

Spray some silicon spray on the little o-ring on the inside of the front of the tank, that should help.

#154625 Handle For Homeades

Posted by Dr Moose on 04 May 2008 - 05:21 PM in Homemades

The longshot front gun handle works very well. Nobody ever uses it for anything, so they are normally laying around if you have bought a longshot.

I used one on my snap and I love it.
Posted Image

#154485 Rfr Breech Mod

Posted by Dr Moose on 03 May 2008 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

Nice mod, very well done.

The only thing I have to say is that in order to do this you sadly had to sacrafice the guns most unique feature; the ability to use a clip and have the shells eject out the side, which in my opinion the the only upside of this gun.

#154376 At2k Pistol? [pictures On Pg2]

Posted by Dr Moose on 03 May 2008 - 09:32 AM in Modifications

Zap-a-gap glue. Just put a small dot on the spot, and hold the two pieces together firmly. It will dry in about a minute, and you won't have to hold it there anymore. Now you can either load it up with zap-a-gap, or use plumbers goop.

#154338 Oh My Gosh

Posted by Dr Moose on 02 May 2008 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

I don't know why you guys are concerned about range. This gun obviously isn't going to have a whole lot of potential, but it's not going to be used as a primary, or maybe not even even a side arm, but it will be fun none the less and I am personally looking forward to this.

#154314 My First Contribution.

Posted by Dr Moose on 02 May 2008 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

You don't really need cushioning on the end of the plunger, becuse it is not a hard plastic one like the nf. It's is a pretty a rubbery kind of plunger head, so it won't do much damage.

#154165 Opening The Sawtooth?

Posted by Dr Moose on 01 May 2008 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

When in doubt...... pry and dremel evrything!

That's one sure way to ruin your gun.

#153846 Marvin The Paranoid Android

Posted by Dr Moose on 29 April 2008 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

Anyway, I say go with the SSPB idea too. That would be one beastly sidearm.

If he did the SSPB idea, I don't think you could use it as a sidearm. I don't really think it could be a reasonable sidearm now, because it's so bulky.

#153718 "alternate Fire Modes"

Posted by Dr Moose on 28 April 2008 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

The hornet has a shotgun blast, or semi-auto mode. If you can integrate that into a single fire gun, then you have three different firing modes in one gun.

#153680 Removable Shotgun Mod.

Posted by Dr Moose on 28 April 2008 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

. You can still put single barrels in there because it is a coupler, right? I'm not sure about that 15 ft. difference.

Yes, you can still put a single barrel in there

About the 15 foot difference, I cannot tell you why that is. I range tested this once, and I'm just tellin' you how it was, that was the ranges I got. I can go and range test again sometime this week if you guys want.

#153655 Removable Shotgun Mod.

Posted by Dr Moose on 28 April 2008 - 02:39 PM in Modifications

What the heck was that pic all about?

#153458 Different Take On A Doubled Up Nf

Posted by Dr Moose on 27 April 2008 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

I'm lovin' the popsicle sticks.

That looks very comfortable. Nice mod.

#153439 Removable Shotgun Mod.

Posted by Dr Moose on 27 April 2008 - 03:08 PM in Modifications

I range tested today.

Big blast - The shortest dart landed 25 feet, the longest landed 39 1/2 feet.
SNAP - All the darts went about 12 feet or less. :P

#153296 Removable Shotgun Mod.

Posted by Dr Moose on 26 April 2008 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

This was just a small experimental project that I decided to do a few months ago because I wanted a shotgun big blast, but I wanted to be able to use a regular barrel also.

The material you will need are,

- hacksaw and mitre box
- 1 1/2' feet PETG cut into six 3" sections
- e-tape
- 1/2" pvc
- buttloads of hot glue
- plumbers goop
- the top part of a mav turret
- a 1 1/2" to 1/2" reducing bushing and a big pvc fitting that one side is threaded and the other side fits the
reducing bushing loosely (If anyone can help with the name, that'd be great)
Posted Image
Posted Image

First, we are going to work on the barrels.

This first step I do not have pics for, so I will try to explain it. Take the top part of your maverick turret and
place it on the top part of the big pvc thing. (the threaded side) Take one of your 3" lengths of pvc and put it in one of the turret holes. half of it should be sticking out the top, and half should be sitting on the bottom lip inside the pvc thing. make sure your PETG is straight and mark with a sharpie where you can first see the PETG coming out of the turret. Measure from the bottom part of the PETG to the mark and write it down.

Next, take your marked piece of PETG and wrap a few layers of e-tape just under the mark. It should have a semi-snug fit in the turret. take your remaining pieces of petg and measure out what you wrote down before, and do the same thing until you have done it to all six.
Posted Image

Here they are in the turret.
Posted Image

Take a segment of 1/2" pvc that is just as long as the part of PETG that sticks out the bottom put a little foam inside, and hot glue the foam in. while the glue is still hot, stick it on the little nub on the under side of the turret. This pic already has the barrels in it.
Posted Image

Now, once your pvc piece is on, you need to goop the barrels in. These NEED to be air tight, so it is critical that you use goop. Goop aorund where the tape is. Same pic.
Posted Image

Next you need to take your finished turret assembly and goop it into the top of the big pvc thing, leaving no space where it is not gooped. (Use excess amounts of goop, the you can even it out with your finger.)
leave it to dry 24-48 hours, but don't let your barrels move around while they are drying.

Once that is dry, bust out your hot glue gun. you will need tons of glue sticks for this. you need to put glue in all the empty space around the barrels. I know, I know, it's sexy.
Posted Image

Now take your reducing bushing over to the mitre box, and cut off half of the back end. This is essential in letting the air from your gun flow to the barrels. Once you have cut it in half, but loads of goop around the sides, and then slide it in the back of big assembly.
Posted Image

Now all you need to do is glue a stub of 1/2" pvc into the back of the shotgun turret and let the whole thing dry.

Pics of the finished product.
Posted Image
Posted Image
On the gun it was made for.
Posted Image
On a SNAP.
Posted Image
The darts don't go very far on the snap, but the turret looks more natural on it.

I am pleased with the result of this turret. It took little effort and time, and is fun to use. It can be used with any gun that can output large amounts of air, such as titans, blast bazookas, national geo guns, possibly even the plus bow. I apoligize for the lack of picks in some parts, but it didn't strike me to take pics of certain things until after they were glued and stuff. Oh well, enjoy!