lionhead333's Content

There have been 246 items by lionhead333 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#178218 Hacksaw?

Posted by lionhead333 on 19 September 2008 - 05:42 AM in Modifications

You guys are all wimps. I do my cuts with this.

Posted Image

In all seriousness though, I just use an average pipecutter and cheap hacksaw that I found at Lowes.
For $20, it's shit, but it's good shit.

#177198 Bsa

Posted by lionhead333 on 13 September 2008 - 06:54 PM in Off Topic

I'm nearly first class. My scout master is an ass, though, and picks, like, one scout every two weeks for a review. In 1097, that means it'll be a while.

Doesn't help that he flipped out when I semi-permanently dyed my hair red, either. :D

#174678 Fall Dcno

Posted by lionhead333 on 03 September 2008 - 05:57 AM in Nerf Wars

As of now, I'm a definate.

#172799 Fall Dcno

Posted by lionhead333 on 27 August 2008 - 05:54 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll do my best. At this point, it looks like I'll probably make it, but put me on the maybes for now.

#157070 Summer Dcno

Posted by lionhead333 on 26 May 2008 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I almost forgot one of the most hilarious moments of the day: Finding a "googly eye" dart after the final dart sweep. It pretty much made my day.

-Groove

I made those for a while as a joke. Glad you liked it.

So, Squishy, did you hit anyone from your 'vantage point' by the portable?

#156833 Summer Dcno

Posted by lionhead333 on 24 May 2008 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, that was pretty damn fun.
I would have stayed longer if the guys I was with hadn't gotten bored.

I can't wait for the fall round.

#156687 Imitation Is The Highest Form Of Flattery.

Posted by lionhead333 on 23 May 2008 - 05:38 AM in Modifications

It's a wonderful looking gun, but I don't like how he acts like it was totally his idea in the video.
I dunno, it just seems that you deserve at least a mention, angel.

#155838 Summer Dcno

Posted by lionhead333 on 14 May 2008 - 06:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Could somebody bring some 1/8" acrylic sheet to sell me? I have a number of projects at a standstill because I don't have any. Any color is fine, provided it isn't pink.
I'd love about 48 square inches.
Thanks guys.

#150443 Weird 90's Spy Blaster

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 April 2008 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Here it is shell-less next to my painted TTG shell.

When I was younger, I actually remember getting reasonable ranges out of this. 15-20 feet stock. With, like, 5 year old arms, what do you think I could get now and once modded?

#150438 Anyone Seen These Before?

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 April 2008 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

But did you attempt at all to mod it?
Remember the flaws of the stock Doomsayer?

#150422 Weird 90's Spy Blaster

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 April 2008 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

Well, I'm working on a writeup for this pathetic little spy gun I was given in the late 90's. Can anyone id it for me? I can't find anything.

Posted Image

#150418 Dumb-ass Mistake With A Stock Dart..

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 April 2008 - 06:58 PM in General Nerf

The sad thing? It was the second thing that made me really want to post; I thought of the first afterwards. A dork is me...

PS: I Win, though.

What I don't think you realize is that the original definition of 'dork' is a whale's penis.

Anyway, can we let this die? Bomberman already found his own answer; this thread is now pointless.

#150339 Anyone Seen These Before?

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 April 2008 - 06:02 AM in General Nerf

I remember that the first one was brought up before, but someone (I believe slug) pointed out that it's way too expensive for a single shot blaster with no reptation.

The second one seems new, but I don't think it'll come to much- though it does use darts.

#150180 At3k Trouble

Posted by lionhead333 on 09 April 2008 - 05:39 AM in Modifications

I just left it on the blaster while I cut it with a hacksaw. It's a bit uneven, but it works just as well as anything else.

#149808 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by lionhead333 on 06 April 2008 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

My latest mod. I'm not sure when I'll get around to posting a writeup. I don't even know what this thing is.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#149248 A Bit Of A Puzzle

Posted by lionhead333 on 04 April 2008 - 05:52 AM in Modifications

Put some hot glue on the end of a bent paperclip- hotglue doesn't permanently stick to metal, so ignore any that gets caught.

#149032 Spring Comparison Question

Posted by lionhead333 on 03 April 2008 - 05:45 AM in General Nerf

Here are 3 springs. From left to right are the 54, a stock nitefinder spring, and the original SSII spring.
Posted Image

I'd say the SS spring is around 4 inches. The nitefinder is around 3 1/4.
I don't have exact power stats, the the SS spring is harder to compress.

Hope that helped.

#148800 New Music...

Posted by lionhead333 on 02 April 2008 - 06:12 AM in Off Topic

I also love Empty Walls, but my new favorite is Fake It by Seether.

#148302 Crossfire Shield Mod

Posted by lionhead333 on 31 March 2008 - 05:51 AM in Modifications

I'm sorry, but couldn't you just leave the fabric on the 'shield,' and hold a couple times more darts? This seems like more work than necessary to me.

Props for a newish idea, though.

#148229 Summer Dcno

Posted by lionhead333 on 30 March 2008 - 08:09 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm on my way!!!

Assuming it isn't the third or the tenth. Otherwise, I'll be one of the first ones there. Again.

I want to be in the video this time. ;)

Edit: My sister said she and her friend would come (They think you guys are hot). They'll probably weasle out again. I'll probably bring a friend.

#148027 Oregon Central.

Posted by lionhead333 on 30 March 2008 - 06:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Frappr is there for a reason.

By the looks of it, no.

#147784 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by lionhead333 on 29 March 2008 - 03:49 PM in Modifications

Stop posting without images. How fucking hard is that?

Here's my SSII- link in my sig.

Posted Image

#145580 Removing The Plunger Tube In A Ls.

Posted by lionhead333 on 17 March 2008 - 07:30 PM in Modifications

You're sure you searched?

#145504 Irc Chat?

Posted by lionhead333 on 17 March 2008 - 06:01 AM in Site Feedback

The problem is that the newbies are excited about their new membership and want to post something. They'd probably go straight past the shoutbox.

While it might save a lot of bandwidth through the older users, the older users rarely have simple questions. The noobs are going to clog up the forums either way.

#145369 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by lionhead333 on 16 March 2008 - 09:11 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

My baby.

ejrasmussen, that looks a lot a like a walter pp7 (wolfram ppk) from James Bond.

#144952 Nerf Double Shotgun (dual Titans)

Posted by lionhead333 on 13 March 2008 - 05:37 AM in Modifications

Here it is, I believe.

#144571 Sharpshooter 2 Cpvc Mod

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 March 2008 - 02:27 PM in Modifications

NF- I'm glad you like it. I actually had this writeup on my computer for a couple months, I just never got around to posting it. This is a great pistol, and if I didn't have a Lock 'N Load, I would use this. I probably will anyway, just not as often.

Frost- Yes, but I've had bad luck with nerf guns. Both of my magstrikes had factory defects, every blaster I get off ebay is in much worse shape than described, and this just had superglue everywhere. I melted it off, but I'm sure it didn't help ranges.

#144543 Sharpshooter 2 Cpvc Mod

Posted by lionhead333 on 10 March 2008 - 05:53 AM in Modifications

Well, I bought a crayola’d SSII from Conor (Shadowkid) at the Fall DCNO. Its performance made me sad, and I decided to remod it.

Materials-

Sharp Shooter II
Glue
1/8” drill bit
~2” of ½” PVC
8” of ½” cpvc
Teflon tape
Silicone spray
Screwdriver
New spring
Dremel
Pipe cutter

Open up the blaster. The internals are pretty strait forward. The green slider moves the small black bar, which blocks one barrel and opens the other. This is a near post-picture of the mod, but before the only difference was crayola barrels.

Posted Image

The first thing I did was replace the barrels. I cut my cpvc a bit longer than the white tubes, although you’ll probably want about 4” barrels.

Posted Image

Glue those in.
I don’t have a picture of this next step, because I didn’t really think it was important, but I believe that it is. Take the white tubes with the barrels, and widen the holes at the back with your drill bit. Then take the barrel selector, and widen the holes that lead to the barrels. Be sure not to hit the selector piece itself, or make the hole so wide that the barrel selector doesn’t make a seal.

Now let’s take a look at the spring. It’s all right, but I’d like more power out of it. I eventually put an Ace #54 spring (the same as a 49, but labeled differently) on the plunger rod. Here are 3 springs. From left to right are the 54, a stock nitefinder spring, and the original SSII spring.

Posted Image

Now, however, the power is wasted. So get out your teflon tape and wrap it around the plunger head. After I had mine wrapped, I took the tip of my glue gun and melted the end of the tape, so it won’t come unraveled.

Posted Image

Now what?

Posted Image

Put everything back together.

Posted Image

When it’s closed, take your ½” PVC, and dremel out the ID until it slides over your barrels. Using the PIPE CUTTER (for a much cleaner, even cut) cut the PVC into 2 1” sections. Slide them over the barrels, and glue them down. This keeps the barrels more or less straight. I wasn’t quick enough with the bottom barrel.

Posted Image

RANGES-
The top barrel averages 36 feet, and the lower gets 41 feet. Not magical, but better than the 15 or so that I was getting.

This has been an Aslan Arms production.
Questions? Comments? Flames?

#144496 The Titan 2000

Posted by lionhead333 on 09 March 2008 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

So, if I interpreted that correctly, the 2k was hooked up to the Titan's tank? So pumping the titan pumped the titan and the 2k? If so, no worries. My airtech has no connection to the titan, beside sharing a case.

#144486 The Titan 2000

Posted by lionhead333 on 09 March 2008 - 08:11 PM in Modifications

Bags- You're right. What kind of trigger was on that, the original? I might want to look into that.
And yeah, the 2k has incredible power for it's size, but I've been around them for ages, and I'm aware of what they can do.

OATN- Until I thought of my variation to the absolver, I did too. Overly powerful, banned from many wars, bulky, huge reload times, and difficult to aim. Once I realized that I could shotgun load my 4 barrels, and put up a wall of darts, it's become one of my favorite primaries. Only with backup integrations, though.

#144380 The Titan 2000

Posted by lionhead333 on 08 March 2008 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

Stephen- Thanks. I treat every blaster I own like a crossbow, so I doubt I'll damage it. Either way, I'll probably eventually cover it up somehow.
Hierarchy- In my search for a trigger system, I considered this. I, however, am terrible at making my own mechanics. I tend to screw up even simple mechanisms, which is why I stay away from homemades.

EDIT: Oh, hey, I fixed the pictures. Cool.

#144363 The Titan 2000

Posted by lionhead333 on 08 March 2008 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

I wanted to add something to my shotgun titan, as a backup while repumping. Sitting on my desk was a 2k, so I got on it. Please note that photobucket was being a bitch about resizing, so most pictures are in the form of links.

Materials-
Something to cut with
Glue
Screwdriver
Drinking straw
40 lb fishing line
Key ring
Epoxy
Titan with Absolver mod (or similar)
At2k
Dremel
Zip ties

Upon opening my titan, I found that the vinyl tubing to my pressure gauge looked like this

Posted Image

Instead of this (Which we also end up removing)

Posted Image

So, in addition to removing the stuff around our integration point (the bottom handle) I went about cutting off the gauge as well.
Use whatever you like to cut, and cut the vinyl tubing between the check valve for the hornet, and the pressure gauge. After you cut the pressure gauge, unscrew the white cap holding the tubing. This allows you to pull it out.

Posted Image

Take your epoxy and goop over the holes you've just made. This is what mine looked like right after I epoxied.

http://i266.photobuc.../Picture386.jpg

After this, I tore out anything related to the Scout, as I don't have one, and the rest of the hornet parts (like the trigger) as it is now pointless.

Posted Image

All in all, remove this stuff.

Posted Image

It's not necessary, but I completed the hole that the pressure gauge was resting in.

Posted Image

Now we dremel out the bottom handle. Make it look like this,

Posted Image

and don't forget to dremel out the front to allow the pump tube to poke through.

I don't have any more open pictures of the blaster, but place your 2k internals in the shell, pump in the clean dremeled space, air tank and liquitron hanging out. If you didn't notice the dremeled holes for the 2k's tubing in the other picture, dremel holes for it through the bottom of the titan's handle. Glue the pump tube in place. Close up the titan.

Glue the barrel of the 2k to the bottom of the squarish jut on the front handle. Because the vinyl tubing is trying to expand, your barrel will point upwards. I used 2 zip ties to fix this- one on the tubing, one on the barrel.

Posted Image

Lastly, the trigger system. Take your fishing line and cut about a foot off. Lace it through the spring on the firing pin, and tie it off. Cut about an inch of your straw, and thread the line through it. Glue the straw to the side of the titan's handle. This will keep it in place while you run. Tie the rest of the line around your key ring, and cut off the excess.

Posted Image

You're done! I would only keep about 4 pumps in the airtech, like any other. As for the titan, I didn't plug the overpressure valve, so I just pump until it kicks in.

Posted Image

Ranges are typical. The 4 shot titan gets around 80', and the airtech about 110'.
This was my first integration, and while it's not very clean, I'm proud of it. This has been an Aslan Arms production.
Questions? Comments? Flames?

#143529 Idea For The 20

Posted by lionhead333 on 02 March 2008 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Yes, it's possible, but pretty worthless in my opinion. You're talking a nite-mav, but with 20 shots.
Yeah, Nite-mavs are awesome, but a lot of work. With your history, I don't think you'd pull it off. No offence.

I think it'd be both easier and wield better results to use an air-gun, like an At2k. More range, less work.
If you must do something, go with air.

#142857 Jspb Max Fire & Biomech

Posted by lionhead333 on 27 February 2008 - 04:03 PM in Homemades

3D, the day you stop nerfing would be like...a...really bad...thing. ...Damnit.

Just don't stop, alright? You are the inspiration behind all of my homemades.

#141389 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by lionhead333 on 19 February 2008 - 08:26 PM in Modifications

Here is my take on the Absolver. 3" of 1-1/2" PVC over the stock barrel, then a coupler on top of that. Yeah, I can only take four barrels, but hey- it gets more range than the others quadruple barrel mod. Besides, with the coupler, I can make a seven barrel attachment.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My dual Disk Shots- one minimized

Posted Image

And of course, my kittehs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#140925 Secret Shot 2 Help

Posted by lionhead333 on 17 February 2008 - 10:22 PM in Modifications

I checked the inside of the airtank, and couldn't find anything wrong. I'm epoxy-ing it back together now.

I have the same problem on my SM1500. I'll see what I can do with that, since it's almost just like the AT2K, and DTReaper's fix would apply the same way.

#140854 Secret Shot 2 Help

Posted by lionhead333 on 17 February 2008 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

I would, but mine doesn't even make the seal. I can pump it 60 times, and no pressure builds up. After thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the issue is that the rod just isn't sealing with the barrel, but there may be a larger problem.

#140824 Secret Shot 2 Help

Posted by lionhead333 on 17 February 2008 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

Today, I decided to finally do something with my old SS2. After a realizing that the tank wasn't holding any air, I did the water test. All of the air simply leaked out of the barrel.

This got me thinking of DTReaper's thread here. I figured that the airtanks may be slightly similar (despite the opposite trigger setups). I cut the airtank apart, and couldn't find the issue. Does anyone know what the problem might be?
I'd appreciate the help.

I made a video of the basic function of the airtank-
1.) Air from the first pump blows the small rod forward, to seal off the barrel.
2.) Other pumps pressurize the airtank.
3.) The trigger somehow draws the rod from step 1 back, allowing air out the barrel.

The video is here. If this doesn't work for you, you can copy and paste this to your address bar: www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xqarjsWR2g

EDIT: The video is now hosted on YouTube.

#140562 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by lionhead333 on 16 February 2008 - 10:06 AM in Off Topic

To change your machine ID you have to either answer "yes" to "do you want to change the advanced options?" or edit the appropriate client.cfg file section.

machineid=1
is in that file. Just set one of the copies to
machineid=2
then restart that copy of the client

Machine ID wasn't under my advanced options. I opened the CFG file under notepad, and changed the 1 to a 2.
I hit save, and it told me 'Cannot create the C:/Program Files/Folding@Home/client.cfg file- make sure that the path and file name are correct.'
What do I do about that?

#140410 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by lionhead333 on 15 February 2008 - 06:31 AM in Off Topic

For those with Dual Core processors do keep in mind that you can either install the SMP client, or if you can't get that to work you can install two copies of the single core client in two separate folders and run both at the same time as services. This will utilize the whole processor rather than just half of it. And for some hardware configurations it will even net a higher points-per-day average than a single install of the SMP client.

I don't do a whole lot with my computer. I'm trying to get a copy of F@H on both of my cores, but I'm not sure how to change my machine ID. How does that work?