Ender's Content

There have been 157 items by Ender (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#88701 Magstrike

Posted by Ender on 01 September 2006 - 08:30 AM in General Nerf

Normally you hear of people in remote area’s that have a drive to get to a TRU or anything for that matter. I’m going to a wedding in North Canton tomorrow and there are like 5 malls with in a 30 min drive for this kid. You have the one in North Canton, the one in north Akron off of route 70, also there is the mall near Stan Hewitt. Not to mention the numerous shopping centers around like the one off route 8 or go towards Ravenna. Oh and Cleveland is 30 miles away I’m sure there are no places to shop there. It is one thing to ask for help but if your just that lazy order one online.

#88642 Neat Dart Holder

Posted by Ender on 31 August 2006 - 08:11 AM in General Nerf

A prime example would be to watch a cop movie from the 80’s before the emergence of reliable clip fed hand guns. An extra 6 shots would be in a circular pattern matching the revolver clip. So fire six, tilt and drop the casing, then line up reloaded and your good to kill again. I would recommend Dirt Hairy simply because of Clint Eastwood, but I’m sure you can see it in action in a Nick Nolty or Eddy Murphy film as well.

#88582 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by Ender on 30 August 2006 - 12:50 PM in General Nerf

Showing the employees of TRU a link to a nerf sight may be a good start. I think that until the nerf moding community is more main stream in toy stores we will constantly be faced with dilemmas, like the ones discussed here. So I say spread the word. When you’re buying a gun at a store talk about how fun it is to take apart and change. Talk about learning air flow dynamics and the physics involved. Talk about the time and effort put into the craft. Too often we buy the guns and hope nothing happens or that we don’t get a look. I say hide no more, sing praises and hymns of nerf in the store. Speak out I say and explain the joys you feel to the world. Then and only then my brothers in arms can we truly claim to be the Merry Makers of Foam, the Magical Modifiers of Toys, and the Lords of Nerf.

#88530 Neat Dart Holder

Posted by Ender on 29 August 2006 - 09:19 AM in General Nerf

Good job Veg, I think the customizing of options for your holders is a nice feature. A thought would be to integrate some of the pieces into a vest or strap that could be worn. For instance attaching a connector piece to a third longshot clip, or any other clip from a gun, you could then have a more secure holder by sewing another piece into said belt or vest. Obviously making sure the piece does not interfere with the firing of the gun.

#88197 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by Ender on 24 August 2006 - 07:44 AM in General Nerf

I reading this my immediate reaction was you should have talked to this guy’s supervisor and raised hell about the treatment that you received. Who knows you might have got a gift card or something for your emotional distress. He was out of line and in a retail industry that is a big no no, thats a funny word huh no no. However, if the guy had been fired I would have felt bad, and this statement is not knocking tru but I imagine if someone with that kind of attitude is working there it is probably because they need the work. I think you handled it better than me, I would have gone off on him when he mentioned the little old lady thing.

#88051 Wow

Posted by Ender on 22 August 2006 - 01:23 PM in General Nerf

I think most everyone was overlooking the new to nerf and indoor play he mentioned in his first post. I say since your new and looking to have a lot of fun indoors go with the dart tag line. It is a nice transition between airsoft and paintball. You get the accountability of a dart sticking to a strike zone, plus the ability to play in the house with a smaller chance of breaking something, that all depends on how you play I guess. Either way have fun.

#88037 Cleveland Nerf Outing: Cancelled

Posted by Ender on 22 August 2006 - 09:19 AM in Nerf Wars

I might make an appearance, all depends on if I want to hit up Cleveland that weekend. Any ground rules, restricted weapons and the like, that should be made public?

#87505 Costom Duct Tape Vests For Sale

Posted by Ender on 15 August 2006 - 08:37 AM in Homemades

A pic would be a good idea too

#87123 Sad Day

Posted by Ender on 11 August 2006 - 09:28 AM in General Nerf

Definitely a sad ordeal, to be honest with gas prices your better off paying for the shipping than driving 45 min in the car. At least you’ll know what’s in stock this way.

#87017 What To Do With All Of The Vests And Eyeglasses..

Posted by Ender on 10 August 2006 - 08:39 AM in General Nerf

If it is light enough you could mount it with some string or wire, give a bit of a push and you can practice leading your target. Or does anyone else remember those remote controlled sky trek things. Basically it was like a train that ran on this sting but it had a hook on it. In theory , don’t know how sturdy it was, you could set it up on a ceiling or backyard and hang your target and it would move on the track.

#87016 Nerf Gun Grenade Launcher

Posted by Ender on 10 August 2006 - 08:30 AM in Homemades

I potato gun accomplishes the same end results. I had one we made back in HS and I can’t remember the pvc diameter but it fit a nerf ball very nicely and given the velocity it fired very true to target. The problem being that it is not practical to use give it runs off of combustibles. And there is the size issue but I suppose one could be made smaller. I have seen gauntly style guns set off with sparkplugs wired into a firing device but again the size is an issue. If you used a relay switch a nightfinder trigger could send current to fire your gun or multiple ones. I don’t know it just seems like a lot of work that could be spend better on other ideas but hey knock your self out. Just be carefull, combustible firing sources are not something to be taken lightly.

#86781 If You Could Bring Back Any Nerf Gun

Posted by Ender on 08 August 2006 - 08:49 AM in General Nerf

Not sure when or even if this falls in the time frame but personally I would love to see a new version of a razorbeast back in the mix. Now there was a gun with unlimited ammo potential.

#86779 At4k

Posted by Ender on 08 August 2006 - 08:41 AM in Modifications

In all honest if your just looking for indoor fast firing your better off doing a clip mod to a razor beast, power clip, or the new dart tage mag than spending the time on a ATK4 mod. It jams a good bit and the fire power is not that impressive. Time and resources are better spent elsewhere.

#47029 Does Anyone Play Tactics?

Posted by Ender on 09 February 2005 - 08:13 AM in Off Topic

Just some food for thought, the innovators of the turn base system for tactics comes from atlus, used in their tactic ogre series and frontal mission games. For those more hard core fans of graphics I would suggest Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne, it is a hard game to come by but well worth it. .

#46352 Maverick Locations

Posted by Ender on 21 January 2005 - 09:34 AM in General Nerf

They have them in PA at target, not sure how far you are from there newbie and monkey.

And fuse I’ll hook you up if you still need it, just pm me and we’ll do details.

#46351 Maverick Issues

Posted by Ender on 21 January 2005 - 09:31 AM in Modifications

Glad to see some of you guys are working on this one, I picked up a few the other day but have been too busy as of late to do anything with them. I understand the problems listed and the search of an alternative method of firing, so here are a few thoughts. I enjoy the six shot feel of this gun and immediately thought of ways to duel wield them. By removing the rod and placing a longer one with stubs exposed, this lends itself to using a threaded one and attaching a wire with a screw cap. Similar to hooking up old school TV before the av cords. The wires had o ring ends that would fit over the rod then just screw or nut it down. This would be better than using the ring in the handle and increase the life of the gun. Then by attaching the cord to belt, arms, and the like (I prefer a cross harness) you can simulate the cocking by the extension and firing by retraction of the arm giving the wielder dual action and 12 shots.

#46132 Bbb

Posted by Ender on 14 January 2005 - 10:15 AM in General Nerf

Not a problem if you have any questions about modding your welcome to pm me.

#45982 Bbb

Posted by Ender on 12 January 2005 - 08:24 AM in General Nerf

How about going through the steps you did to put it back together, or tell us how it is not working, i.e. it is not catching or the trigger won't work. It is a start and may qive us some qlue as what went wrong.

#45909 Bbb

Posted by Ender on 11 January 2005 - 03:04 PM in General Nerf

Did you place the springs with the orange pegs back into place?

#45888 Bbb

Posted by Ender on 11 January 2005 - 09:11 AM in General Nerf

I have broken 2 just by trying to put all the shit back in.

The internals are not that difficult, what exactly did you do that cuased you to break two of them?

#45051 Stupid Question...

Posted by Ender on 29 December 2004 - 09:20 AM in General Nerf

I am not trying to sound snippy, but they do have a TV ad for the gun. And by searching TRU I meant the website, I should have been more specific, which would have been quicker than typing this reply.

#45001 Merry Christmas

Posted by Ender on 28 December 2004 - 11:27 AM in Off Topic

I read it in a random history book some time ago, I could try to dig it up but I’m not here to prove one thing or another. I believe it to be true weather or not you do is your choice. But think about it, there are a lot of prettier stones why use a diamond. And at one point someone had to realize the cutting capability of the stone so why but a stone on a ring if it can cut glass. That’s enough for me to believe so you can choose to or not, it’s not really a debate or theorem to prove nor discredit.

#44993 Merry Christmas

Posted by Ender on 28 December 2004 - 08:42 AM in Off Topic

Actually the original use of a diamond ring, also know as an etching ring, was for that exact thing. Lovers would use the ring to leave messages to each other in pains of glass, such as meeting places and times. Over the years it has now turned into what it is now. But it doesn’t change the fact that women do love them and that won’t change till something better and more expensive comes around, so buck up fellas it could be worst.

#44990 Stupid Question...

Posted by Ender on 28 December 2004 - 08:26 AM in General Nerf

Well she did say stupid question, but come on they have tv ads and thing is in the inserts for the paper or you could have just searched TRU and found it.

#44989 An Idea For Nerf Wars

Posted by Ender on 28 December 2004 - 08:23 AM in General Nerf

I have also found that the old sawtooth clips with pvc in them make for nice holders to set on a ledge or attach to a gun.

#44988 Mod Question

Posted by Ender on 28 December 2004 - 08:19 AM in Modifications

Try using a spring system to keep the barrels tight to the chamber and that might work for you.

#44987 Secret Shot

Posted by Ender on 28 December 2004 - 08:15 AM in Modifications

Search this site and the net there is a triple and double shot mod out there.

#44954 Merry Christmas

Posted by Ender on 27 December 2004 - 01:59 PM in Off Topic

I got a lot of cool stuff but wanted to throw props out to my girlfriend for picking me up an xbox and a sushi set. Though for you women out there not to worry, I took care of her as well. Diamonds are a girls best friend after all.

#44952 An Idea For Nerf Wars

Posted by Ender on 27 December 2004 - 01:36 PM in General Nerf

I tend to go through an insane amount of power aid, probably bad for the teeth. But on the plus side the plastic canisters can hold 40-50 rounds and is sturdy enough to throw, kick, or step on and it doesn’t crush your darts.

#44464 College!

Posted by Ender on 21 December 2004 - 09:09 AM in Off Topic

Well drano, I went to cwru and live about 2 hours from Columbus, but I’m a Penn State and Steeler fan.

#44462 Bond Music

Posted by Ender on 21 December 2004 - 09:02 AM in Off Topic

1. They play the electric violin, viola, and cello.
2. I searched google all night, you can't even find tabs for the music.
3. They are not British.

1. 1st and 2nd violin, a cellist, and a viola
2. Obviously not, but searching the right instruments might help.
3. My bad two are British and the other two are Australia, but they all studied and live in London.

It took me two min to find this out and paste it here. In the future if you ever ask for help then fucking listen to what the people you ask for help are saying.

And just to show you how nice I am and what a tool you are, here right off their web site.

Gay-Yee Westerhoff, from Yorkshire in England, is the quartet's cellist and holds an Honours Degree in music from Trinity College of Music in London.

Eos Chater, who earned her music degree from the Royal College of Music in London, is from Cardiff in Wales and plays second violin.

Haylie Ecker, first violinist, is from Perth, Australia, and has received a First Class Honours Degree in Music and a postgraduate degree in Advanced Solo Studies from London's Guildhall School of Music and Drama.

Tania Davis, viola player, is from Sydney, Australia, and has a First Class Bachelor of Music Honours Degree from the Sydney Conservatorium and Postgraduate Diploma in Performance with distinction from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama; her experience includes playing with the Australian Chamber Orchestra, the Sydney Symphony and the London Symphony Orchestra.

#44461 Bbb Mods

Posted by Ender on 21 December 2004 - 08:41 AM in Modifications

You can always attach a nf or lnl to the front handle, but rather than go through the trouble of sawing the thing off. I just tape an nf to the front handle and it works nicely.

#44460 Easy Strap

Posted by Ender on 21 December 2004 - 08:37 AM in Modifications

The movie is a classic and I have heard talk of a sequel. At some point I plan on recreating the hotel scene with our nerf guns. It is easier and more readily available at a Jo Ann fabric or other craft stores. They have it in different size strips and what not. All in all when done right, “You look good Roc, scary, fucking scary.”

#44458 New N-strike Nite Finder

Posted by Ender on 21 December 2004 - 08:29 AM in General Nerf

The engineer dude/dudette said that it will not be able to be fired from titan. It is a good thing though because then it would then have same firing assembly as the scout and most likely be real weak.

No airtight, it would not have to have the same firing assembly at all. To have it fire from the titan all that would be needed would be a button on the top that would, when pressed, apply pressure to the catch similar to the trigger when fired. Only it would come from above, everything else internally can remain the same.

#44362 Bond Music

Posted by Ender on 20 December 2004 - 09:25 AM in Off Topic

If I am not mistaken they are a British quartet. You may want to do a search using a UK search version of yahoo or whatever. That may turn up a bit more for you.

#44361 Easy Strap

Posted by Ender on 20 December 2004 - 09:23 AM in Modifications

My brother and I rock climb a good bit. He prefers to do a cross with ropes around his chest and then attaches the weapons on with clips. It is a very easy thing to set up and gives you a very easy on-off system with your guns. I like using Velcro. I have a vest that I fixed up and then I have 6 night finders on the chest that pull off, but stay while running. I got the idea from one of the best all time movies, Boondock Saints.

#44360 Bbb Arrows

Posted by Ender on 20 December 2004 - 09:15 AM in General Nerf

I’m glad to see other people still use the arrows too. When modding x-bow, bbb, and other guns meant to shoot arrows I try to keep the option of shooting arrows available as well. It is a lot harder to argue a hit from an arrow, and when thrown they fly fairly well with some practice.

#44359 Personal Mesages

Posted by Ender on 20 December 2004 - 09:11 AM in General Nerf

There is nothing great nor more rewarding than teaching ones self; it’s the sharing with others that bears some discomfort.

I’m glad you have managed to answer your own question; however, in the future spend the extra time to research something yourself before asking for help, you will find it to be more rewarding.

#44358 New N-strike Nite Finder

Posted by Ender on 20 December 2004 - 09:06 AM in General Nerf

Well isn’t that interesting. When did they release them for sale? I wonder if it fires like the scout when attached to the titan, anyone know?

#44202 Indoor Building Open To The Nerf Community

Posted by Ender on 17 December 2004 - 09:22 AM in Nerf Wars

You guys need to understand something. I war every weekend. I coach a
hs soccer team of 35 guys who beg me to have practice at my building so they can play, not to mention all my friends whom I’ve been nerfing with for 10 years. I understand how the wars work on this site, but in my case it just doesn’t seem to make much sense to drive 5-6 hours to nerf when I have the ideal setup where I am not to mention an eager supply of people to nerf with. Wars anytime of the night, enclosed space so dart lose is minimal, weather not an issue, no hassle from anyone, can build and leave bases and floor designs. The point is I don’t need to invite people off the boards in order to have wars, I am trying to be a nice guy and give everyone an opportunity to have as much fun as I do and I would appreciate people stepping back and taking a look at what it is that I’m offering.

I do not want to set a date so a mass of people I don’t know come to my place. I have no desire to post information up for everyone to view.

I do want groups of people to come in for wars from a clan or similar area. I do want people in the area to contact me and hopefully we can set something up. I do want to be in contact with everyone who plans on coming before they get here. I do want to talk with responsible people who wish to have fun. I will email pictures and directions to people who wish to know more about this. I will have my lawyer draw up something to protect my company for people to sign. I already have wars weekly with 10-15 people, more if I’d let them come. I would like to have other groups come in have some fun. Just pm me your email and we’ll be in touch.

Oh and BK thanks for trying to lookout, but for the record I was on a nationally ranked mock trial team for two years in college and got a 167 on my LSAT, before going overseas.