elchupathingy's Content

There have been 8 items by elchupathingy (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#103982 Maverick Drop Clip

Posted by elchupathingy on 04 May 2007 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

Id say the titian is the easiest to mod and well is the more enjoyable one to mod (get crazy range and power out of it in about 20 mins) but you know your choice.

Also making the extra turrets for the mav is something i could force my friend to make because he needs a project for cnc at my school. So he could draw it up once and cut it out a bunch of times throw the barrels in and bam new turret.

#103976 Simple Homemade

Posted by elchupathingy on 04 May 2007 - 09:14 PM in Homemades

I would suggest a bigger tank and using 1 inch pipe and a inch valve will allow for faster air. But thats what i think as i did the same and well got some good distances. Now working on a more powerful one. Oh and good choice on integrating the pump into the gun that came as a after thought when i made mine.

#103969 First Homemade

Posted by elchupathingy on 04 May 2007 - 08:48 PM in Homemades

I'm really not sure about the thickness of the steel can. I know 3/16 is kinda thick i know. ill try to get a real measurement but there are 4 distinct dents in the metal. Also its a really old paint thinner can so my friend and I are kinda scared to open it.

Need thicker darts 1/2 FBR is really small in 1/2 PVC god 1/8 inch gap between the sides and the dart.

Pictures soon just made a more powerful cannon so ill be using that for now.

2 tanks 1" PVC at 12inches long. Will be testing after i get a leak fixed.

#103768 Petg Barrel Rf20

Posted by elchupathingy on 03 May 2007 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

Reminds me of how much I would like to know cad and how to my robotics club cnc machine could wip up alot of those and a bunch of other stuff really easily.
GJ

#103767 Barrel Length

Posted by elchupathingy on 03 May 2007 - 04:20 PM in Homemades

Another thing a good ratio of 3-4: 1 is good if its a airpowered gun, but if its a plunger a ratio of about 2-3: 1 is good.

Also the airpressure in a air or plunger gun is not constant it may seem constant but it is not. It has to accelerate to its top speed and the point where the does not accelerat any further is the point that the nerf dart has gotten all of its speed. The distance from the first point to the other point is hte length of the barrle. Usually just finding hte volume and such is good enough then just multiply or divide it by 2 or 4 and you got your self a barrle or a tank.

#103764 First Homemade

Posted by elchupathingy on 03 May 2007 - 04:12 PM in Homemades

ill try and get a picture soon but I need to find my camera.

NEW RANGE

~120 feet at 60psi

CLOSE RANGE TESTS:
shot at 3/16 inch steel and made a good dent for a Stefan.
3 layers of carboard
Almost through a soda can stopped cause the can fell of the deck it was on.

shoots a mini gatorade bottle about 40 feet at 60psi. Straight up it shoots the same bottle about 30 feet into the air. Now onto version 2.

Need a bigger tank and a better trigger a manual ball valve is annoying.

#103638 Need Help For Air Tank Clip Fed Bolt Action Gun

Posted by elchupathingy on 02 May 2007 - 07:26 PM in Homemades

Using the longshot as a template is a good start. A friend and I have been thinking about a full-auto gun but have yet to start because my robotics club is working on other projects and we have to work on them. Ah well a camera controled nerf guns still cool.

As for the pump using a small bike pump inclosed inside the rear of the gun coming downwards could work and then have the tank in the upper area or even next to the pump it's self.
Sorry if the above is confusing.

#103598 First Homemade

Posted by elchupathingy on 02 May 2007 - 05:05 PM in Homemades

The gun is made from 1/2 pvc pipe and is in a spiral shape. I use a manual ball-valve.

The gun's tank and barrel are at a 3.5-4 : 1 ratio and this gets the dart moving with alot of power.
The tank is filled up to 60psi and is breeched loaded.

Range ( tested so far )

60' ->hit a wood box and buckeled the dart on impact. - > flat shot.

100' feet easily but it hit a tree before it started to come down. -> about a 20degree angled shot.

[EDIT]
Wow sorry about the messy post did not realize I had typed that badly.
Didn't know about the signature image thing.