Movius's Content

There have been 51 items by Movius (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#31728 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 19 July 2004 - 07:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, you probably should switch the location because I wont be able to make it anywhere or on any date. Sorry.

-Movius

#31561 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 17 July 2004 - 07:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Ahhh...It feels good to be back. Anyway, I'm open for the rest of the summer so the 25 is fine with me. I'm calling little busters as I type to see if we can have it at his house.

He's not home. Well we can still have it at his house, or by his house if thats what you want to call it. So tell me if everybody is cool with coming up here. I think you guys would enjoy it or what ever. Sorry, but I dont think that I can make it to Naperville at anytime with little busters gone. Thats why I kinda want to have it here. But if you guys want to have it there its fine with me and you can go on without me.

So for me, the final every thing is as follows:

Date: July 25
Duration: 1:00- 7:00 (As for some eats, we can get a pizza or something, I can bring Coke and
junk like that)
Place: Bristol Trails Park, Lake Zurich (Map Quest, or I can meet you at my friends adress, if you
want to know it, let me know)
Condition of soccer moms vehicles: "Oh ma lord"

This should be sufficient, I think we can work this out but we'll all have to weedle our parents into giving us rides. I guess that will be the hardest for you guys. But if you can then great.

As for the place, come to think of it, it would be easier to just give you guys his adress so you can pinpoint it on mapquest. Try to find "Eric" street in Lake Zurich. By the time you get there you will be able to see me waving my arms like a wild monkey.

Seriously, let me know what you guys think of all this.

-Movius

#30745 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 08 July 2004 - 08:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Will everybody be here on the 21st?

#30716 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 08 July 2004 - 04:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, thats kinda why I think we should have it here. 9 bucks is not a great sum of money but here it would be free. I'm not trying to compete for this or anything so sorry if it sounded like that.

nerfing in Lake Zurich=free
cops=lazy
soccer moms mini vans="accedentaly" shot

since pictures probably won't be up at all, I'm trying to find Lake Zurich's web site to try to find a picture there, then I'll set up a link or something.

Edit: couldnt find a picture, will continue to pester littlebuster

-Movius

#29797 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 28 June 2004 - 06:30 PM in Nerf Wars

That sounds good to me.

-Movius

#29677 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 27 June 2004 - 06:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Naperville looks sweet. Hows about we try to post some pics and we'll decide which one we want to go to / go to first. If we cant get pics up then by all means lets go to naperville but what if you dicide that you want to play in our feild?

does that silo look lopsided to you?

-Movius

#29191 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 22 June 2004 - 06:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm game for the 20 and 23 of july. Still waiting on pics, I don't know his(little busters) adress, and he wont get his ass back in the forums. I'll give him a good thwack on the head for you guys.

-Movius

#27564 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 02 June 2004 - 06:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Tight. The date, eh? Late july, um.......ten in the morning, thats all we know thus far. My bad for keeping you hangin'. We just need to know what everyody's plans are (vacations, summer school, ect.).

-Movius

#27073 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 26 May 2004 - 07:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet. Night warfare would be really cool if you think about it. We could glow in the dark spray paint stefans to make tracer bullets. That would be bitchin and it would prevent arguements.

As for these attatchment dealy-bobs, I've been thinking about jamming a flashlight or a better laser pointer into my nite finder, which I've already made a silencer for. Completly useless, yes, but it looks sexy. Next I'm gonna spray paint the whole thing black, so it looks like the SOCOM from MGS2. I'm also attatching a flashlight to my expand a blast and painting it camo. Sweet. Just thought you might want to know which you probably dont.

-Movius

Oh yeah, about the cop thing, they might be lasy, but some of them are cool. If we explain that were only shooting foam (Keep a stock suction dart in your pocket in case of this situation) they wont care. Don't shoot any windows.

#27025 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 25 May 2004 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Whoa, almost vomited with rage at your tricky satire. You were kidding right? Please be kidding, cops here cant get off their lazy asses to do anything about anything. Throw 'em a dougnut and we'll be fine. Ask the mayor? Fuck that. We'll be fine, leave it up to us.

TimberWolf, I like your thinking. I myself prefer to be as stealthy as possible and trees, which we have an abundance of, provide ample cover. As for a time, morning is great, however, expect your shoes and pants to get wet because of the dew and stuff. I don't know what we'll do for food. It's funny to think of someone being sent out and reapeately pelted with stefans to get a pizza. TEE HEE! Anyway, it would be sweet if this thing could go all day, mabye into the night. That would be cool but it probably wont happen.

Alright, summer is upon us. Airapache, where do you live. Oh wait, it doesnt really matter, at this rate, you will all have to find the adress yourselves. Sorry, but a meeting point would be rediculous, we have so many people (good thing, good thing) there would almost be no point to it. Once Little Buster decides to get his ass back in the forums, he should tell you what street we could meet you on(Lake Zurich, Illinois, blah blah blah) and MapQuest can take it from there. I realise that I am being rediculously blunt about all this and I apoligise.

-Movius

#26647 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 20 May 2004 - 07:01 PM in Nerf Wars

its cool. Actually I'm just scrounging all the land in that feild type area. If you have cardboard or plywood we build bunkers in the feilds. The cops wouldnt like that but who the hell cares. Also, the feild is kinda far away from any roads so any patrolling cops wont see us.

-Movius

#26405 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 17 May 2004 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Word. So we'll go with 2 teams then?

-Movius

#26201 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 14 May 2004 - 05:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy crap. Its gonna be like freaking Woodstock. I guess we'll have to kick anyone who's in the baseball feilds out and we might have to commondeer some houses (just playin' about that last one). I'm going over to Little Busters house again this weekend so we can see if there are any more feilds connecting to the original one. Should we stick to 2 teams or go for 3?

-Movius

BAD: our area is reciving ass-loads of rain latley and, if you remember, the feild gets swamped with even a little rain. Hopelfully it will end by June or something.

2 More weeks of school! Hooray!

#25803 New Movie Based Nerf Gun

Posted by Movius on 10 May 2004 - 07:05 PM in General Nerf

Maybe it'll be good if you mod it, if there is even a way how.

-Movius

#25708 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 08 May 2004 - 07:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Allright cool. This thing's gonna be massive. Not to worry though, I was over at Little Buster's house today and found out that the original feild connects to a smaller valley with a play ground in it. Dispite its size, it has quite a few hiding spots and the only way to get to it is through the woods. So now we have more room.

-Movius

Yo Little Buster, we need to get those pictures up, its been a month man.

#25678 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 07 May 2004 - 08:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Dude this thing might be bigger than I thought. I dont think we can fit all those people into one mini-van. Your all more than welcome to come though.

-Movius

#25643 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 06 May 2004 - 06:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Dude, gross. PVC weapons? Lame. Ditch them and join us 'cause there not gonna do much good out in the open. Besides they sprout too many conflicts and arguements (ex: "Nu uh, I got you" "No, I got you"). If you look in the off topic section you'll find an old ass post called "Trigger Happy Noobs: It can happen to you" that I made. Read it if you want. Theres a little section about PVC weapons that you might enjoy.
I've played indoors. Converting to outdoors is not too hard. The only things you have to worry about is wind acomidation and having no walls. I think you'll like it though. Especialy the woods. If your a history buff then you recall the Battle of the Buldge. I expect it to be something like that only with less artilery shells blowin' up all over the place.

-Movius

#25534 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 04 May 2004 - 06:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet. Now all we have to do is find a McDonalds close to all of us. I'm assuming you guys will carpool.

Should we think about forming a clan and stuff? (we might not want to call it a "clan" because of the similarity of the name to another ummm..... religiously based clan that congregates near our area. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against calling it a clan but the stuck up preppy soccer parents in our healthy slice of sububia will freak out for anything.)

-Movius

#25475 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 03 May 2004 - 07:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm thinkin' road trip. And by that I mean I would be thinking it if I had a car. I can't find a road atlas right now. But I'll see how far away Milwalkee is. Probably not very. I drove up to the Dells one summer, I don't know how far Milwalkee is from there. Anyway, what about August? Is there a possibility of having more than just one war? I mean, we all live semi-near to eachother and we all found at least one spot. Just one war every summer is just too damn few.

-Movius

#25086 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 28 April 2004 - 07:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Uhhh...howabout late July or any time in August? Wear shorts.

"Camwera"? Tee hee!

-Movius

#24524 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 19 April 2004 - 06:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Lake Zurich.

-Movius

#24401 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 16 April 2004 - 07:07 PM in Nerf Wars

All right. I don't know where the hell those pictures are right now. I left them in the hands of my friend who said he will get them up soon. The spot we found is nice though. Its got a small jungle gym to eat shit from, a huge open feild, a woodland forest type area that connects to a small stream which connects to another woodland type area. It also has a small, covered terrace, baseball feilds, and a dog path. The only downside is that if there is any rain whatsoever, the place is swamped and your feet will sink into the ground. I don't think this is a problem because we usually have kinda dry summers.

-Movius

#23938 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 10 April 2004 - 07:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm still not sure about an exact date. I've got summer school for half the day for about 3 weeks and I have to go to my dad's for a week but I'm not sure when those start or end. I wont have a specific date untill summer.

-Movius

#23750 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 07 April 2004 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I think its going to be in the northern part of Illinois, thats kinda where all of us live. Southwest Indiana is about 10 hours from my house. Your totally welcome to come up with your crew, but its your gas money.
Pics up tomorow or friday

-Movius

Blizzard avatars, pretty cool.

#23670 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 06 April 2004 - 07:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Uber sweet. Makes me want to break dance like a fox ninja. Anyway, I'll have pics up by this weekend 'cause fridays off. Woot.

-Movius

#23668 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 06 April 2004 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I guess we're probably the youngest. My friends and I are all 14 or 15. Now, before you shoot yourselves, I would like to say that dispite being freshmen, we tend to get along with everybody, be it younger kids or juniors or seniors like yourselves. We're not really a band of rambunctious, idiotic, brain-dead, flame monkeys. Age doesnt really matter right? I looked in the gallery and saw what looked like 12 year olds, and they seemed to be getting along. Seriously, our age shouldnt hinder your war-going expirience, dont worry.

-Movius

#23594 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by Movius on 05 April 2004 - 07:44 PM in Off Topic

Can we use variations of nooblet? For example:

Uber+Nooblet=Ublet
Pissed off+Nooblet=Pooblet
Crappy+Nooblet=Crublet
Goddamn+Nooblet=GaDooblet
Freakin+Nooblet=Frooblet
Vicious+Nooblet=Vooblet
Wimpy+Nooblet=Wooblet

Seriously though, I guess I coined a really annoying word and I'll stop using it here.
Also sorry for the gramatical errors and junk, but thanks for the compliments

-Movius

#23466 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by Movius on 04 April 2004 - 07:50 PM in Off Topic

Tee hee! A flood of nooblets, a funny, but not so happy thought.

"The nooblets scream battle cries of "I need more ammo, GIVE ME MORE AMMO!" and "Hit them in the nuts, you can take them down" in various lisps and nerdy, high pitched voices. Movius is terrified. He sits on the couch in horror, afraid to move. He hasnt done anything to them but for some reason they charge forward. As Movius watches, they get out computers and repeatadly double post, refusing to use the EDIT button. They spell words as if they were talking to their nooblet friends on AIM, spelling you "u" and sorry"sry", and perhaps one of the worst: LOL. "Is there any other way to laugh? What purpose does the "out loud" sereve?" Movius asked himself in agony. As they got closer he saw them flaming everyone on the forums for no reason, they heavely flamed the veterans. He saw them pumping up Power Clips and firing them just to hear that really annoying loud ass sound that it makes. Movius dropped to his knees. The ground shook, they weilded peices of PVC pipe covered in foam that resembled swords. Movius couldnt bear to look anymore. A hail of stefans aimed at his face and groin flew from the croud of the slimy, disgusting nooblets. They continued to advance with their crappy PVC swords that would never achive anything in a war. Movius looked up to see that each nooblet had only one nitefinder that was un-modded, but they kept saying they had alot of expirience with guns. Then movius saw nooblets that had paintball masks. They were the painballers who thought nerf didnt hurt. Next came the nooblets who keep calling your house to talk about nerf and mooch off your supplys. After that, the nooblets who will ask you for guns, but never give specifics. They drop really lame hints like: "I need a really good loser but I dont want the dart to go that far" or "I want a gun that a ninja would use". Movius nearly vomited with rage and frustration. The last wave of nooblets was the worst: The Idiot Nooblets, who seem to be a combination of all the other species of Nooblet. They will try to pull the barrel out of your gun, they will try to hit you with the butt of their gun, they will call you and double post and say and do the dumbest things. They will give you a gun to mod then call you up five minutes later to see if your done. When you tell them the Epoxy takes twenty four hours to dry they call you back an hour later to see if its done. Movius got up, a feeling of empowerment came over him . Movius yelled "YOU NOOBLETS SHALL NOT PASS". At that very moment, every nooblet suddenly turned into a regular nerfer. All was well, Yay.

-Movius

-Sorry for baggin on PVC weapons. But c'mon, we all know playing with them sucks and they never do anything.

#23418 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by Movius on 04 April 2004 - 02:03 PM in Off Topic

You can treat them like rodents too!

"Get the hell out of here before I kick you in the face, you damn nooblet"
"Goddamn it, nooblet, look what you did. You managed to get it everywhere. Even the celing"
"Dont touch my pizza, nooblet, your not privlaged enough, go gnaw on the carpet"
"Nooblet! Tell your family they cant live under my porch!"

-Movius

#23416 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by Movius on 04 April 2004 - 01:30 PM in Off Topic

Nooblets.....hmmmm....it does sound like a pet. Either that or something Long John Silvers would serve.

-Movius

#23401 Trigger Happy Noobs

Posted by Movius on 04 April 2004 - 12:26 PM in Off Topic

I'm in a bit of a predicement. You see, whenever I introduce a new friend to the nerf community, they become as trigger happy as, well, I couldnt come up with a good enough simile. Free lance terrorists was the closest I got but it still wasnt that effective. For example, I went to my friends house and we went to Wal Mart to buy him a gun. When we got home, I was shot, at point blank, three times in the fase in the course of twenty minutes. We werent even having a war, we were just eating pizza! Just the other day one of my friends who is also new to nerf shot me just below the eye at point blank when we werent doing anything. And, perhaps the worst of all the incidents, another noob unloaded half a clip of micro stefans, again from point blank, from a modded PC on.........sigh...........my, um, manly pride. I was just sitting on the couch, not doing anything! In all of these situations, I cant think of anything I did to provoke them. These are just a few of the incidents that have happened to me. I have deemed noobs who do this "nooblets", the "lets" part represents how much more annoying and sometimes very childish they are getting. I'm getting kinda pissed and I'm trying to hold the anger in even though I want to beat the shit out of them. Has this happened to anyone else, or is it just my nooblets who do this? And if any of you nooblets are reading this, if you have to shoot us somewhere, for gods sake, not in the face and definently not in the balls. Thats just cruel. And, oh yeah, I might beat the shit out of you.

So, If you ever meet any of these nooblets, make sure to punch them in the face ahead of time because they sure are gonna piss you off later

Either that or cover your nuts and start running

just a warning
-Movius

#23393 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 04 April 2004 - 11:27 AM in Nerf Wars

Capture the flag sounds good. I think everyone pretty much knows the rules for that one.

-Movius

#23325 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 03 April 2004 - 07:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet. I'm modding my friends guns right now. We were trying to find a McDonalds or something thats close to all of us so we can meet there. Also, just wondering, what kinds of guns do you and your friends have?

-Movius

Another thing, I'm trying to get pics up of the spot we found, can you get pics of yours? Greatly appreciated.

Should I paint my EAB camo(green and brown) or just black? What do you guys think?

#23279 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 03 April 2004 - 11:36 AM in Nerf Wars

The deal is we think sometime in summer all of us(Blaster and his friends Mavrick and I and our friends) are all gonna meet up and go find a spot to duke it out and junk. You wanna come?

-Movius

#23185 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 01 April 2004 - 07:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Make that 5 friends , a new one just enlisted. He has a freaking Power Clip! I'm going to mod it for him. We'll get pics up soon. Of the feild, not the gun.

-Movius

#23124 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 01 April 2004 - 10:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Mavrick, your parents are hyper wrong. Call me crazy but having more than one gun at a war might be a good idea. Also MODDING them might also be something to look into. Anyway, I'm still trying to get pics up of the spot we found.

-Movius

#23092 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 31 March 2004 - 10:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet. I have about, lets see between 3 and 4 friends that would be willing to come. However, only one friend, the rich one, yay!, has modded his guns. The other lazy asses just refuse to do it. I have absolutly no clue why. I told them "Your gonna get your intestines blown out at the war" but they still wont. I told them I would do it for them. Still nothing. I cant help but think of them as uber noobs, even though they are really not.(If either of you guys are reading this, I will mod your freakin guns for free, if thats what it takes!) Also, the only gun they have is a night finder, and they're putting so much stress on the damn thing that..........whoa, getting too pissed. At least I have one friend thats not so lazy, he has 2 modded nite finders, so hes pretty much good to go. Ive got an Expand a Blast, and night finder, both modded. I also have a max shot and a BBB on the way. I'll have to mod the BBB. As for a place to meet, a McDonalds sounds good. I'll check a map to see where a good one that is close to both of us is. What guns do you and your friends have?

sorry it was so long
Oh yeah, and sorry for getting pissed, it was a sleepless night and a long day.
-Movius

any word from the Haze?

#22755 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 29 March 2004 - 11:47 AM in Nerf Wars

My rich friend has a digital camera so I'll try to get pictures up soon. In the mean time, can we agree on a location where we can all meet one day in summer then go to someones house or something?

-Movius

I wrote a Haiku for you guys to enjoy

I am so pissed off
Banging head against the wall
Mom wont touch E-Bay

tee hee
sorry

#22697 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 28 March 2004 - 08:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Still not sure about a date but the place, we can do something with that. I found a great feild behind my friends house. Thing is, it's got tall reeds and grass, I dunno if that will be good or not but it kinda adds a stealthy feel to it, which, in my opinion is uber sweet . I think The Haze found a nice spot too. I've got to scope out my spot a little bit more before we can battle on it.

-Movius

what ever happened to the Haze anyway?

#22667 Illinois Anyone ?

Posted by Movius on 28 March 2004 - 04:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I dunno when we can have it. I can't drive, none of my friends can. None of our parents are willing to, or are they? There will most definently be some weediling involved. I'll see what I can do.

-Movius

Does anyone have an un-modded big bad bow they would be willing to sell me?