superadaquabat's Content

There have been 177 items by superadaquabat (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#136835 Lancer

Posted by superadaquabat on 22 January 2008 - 02:03 AM in Modifications

Crazy seeing you nerf on Kotaku, congratulations. I haven't been here for years...Looks exactly the same though!

#59858 Armageddon 2005

Posted by superadaquabat on 22 July 2005 - 01:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Anyone down in Irvine tihs weekend for the war might want to check out the Reel Big Fish/Catch-22 show at House of Blues Anaheim friday and saturday. 20 bucks is pretty good even if Catch lost their awesome vocals. I'm going with some friends on friday night by the way. Here's some information.

#58597 Maverick

Posted by superadaquabat on 02 July 2005 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

I thought about perhaps putting on a PVC barrel on the front of the frame (in front of the turret) and creating some sort of breech system back to the turret, only the turret turns WHEN you fire, so that creates a problem.

Has anyone tried sacrificing three barrels; hacking off the blue connection around the original orange barrel tip, opening the top for longer barrels, and making only three extended brass/PVC barrels so that it can still rotate around part of the way. I am assuming the turret can rotate both directions, and turns clockwise automatically. Three shots would be fineif everything else worked well.

#58422 Armageddon 2005

Posted by superadaquabat on 29 June 2005 - 12:46 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm feeling nostalgic and looking quite forward to this.

I don't know if the old man will come though.

#21015 Shotguns

Posted by superadaquabat on 10 March 2004 - 12:15 AM in Homemades

I see a problem of 3 barrels getting enough air.

Yes, I think your better off sticking multiple darts down the barrel. While distance is significantly decreased, you do get the shot gun effect. I don't believe the loss of distance would be anywhere near that of dividing the air tank into three barrels. Besides, its a lot easier to stuff three darts down the bareel than to design a air distribution system that will keep the flow of air even. It's also easier to load one barel with three darts than three barels with three darts. It might work however, the lightning blitz was fairly powerful and had the shotgun effect.

#20701 Getting Hot Glue Off En Masse

Posted by superadaquabat on 04 March 2004 - 08:35 PM in Modifications

Freezing anything like glue or gum or such helps if come off in one big chunk. It might make it too hard, but generally hot glue peels off plastic easily. The freezing ensures that it will peel off completely.

#20246 Feb Yano Recap Thread

Posted by superadaquabat on 29 February 2004 - 01:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Argh, I apologize. I really wish I could have made it but i had to go to a debate. Even though I won it wasn't nearly as fun as nerfing would have been. In any case, I'll do my best to make it out to the next one; I really can't wait as its been a while. I know, I've already posted this, and that makes me all the more sorry. It doesn't seem like you missed me too much though.

#20245 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by superadaquabat on 29 February 2004 - 01:27 AM in Nerf Wars

Kindly disregard this, sorry.

#19114 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by superadaquabat on 15 February 2004 - 09:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Just making sure thats its on the 28th; many of you know I've messed this up before. Sounds good though.

#16259 Buster Sword

Posted by superadaquabat on 12 January 2004 - 06:03 PM in Homemades

Any way you can fix that bend in the middle of the longer piece of PVC? Aside from that little detail, looks fun!

You can easily fix this bend by cutting the long "blade" pvc pipes in half, sticking on two t joints, and puting another piece of pvc inbetween.

#15965 Ipod Mini

Posted by superadaquabat on 07 January 2004 - 07:57 PM in Off Topic

Consider this I've heard that their batteries go out from multiple sources. The iPod's nice look does not seem so appealing to me anymore, especially considering its premium Aplle price. Generally you get a consider that premium is for a certain Apple quality, but your paying an awfully lot for something to just flat out die in a year and a half. I mean by the time a person fills up the harddrive and listens to it all, its practically over.

This is always good to consider too!

#15665 Jet Squadron

Posted by superadaquabat on 04 January 2004 - 03:26 AM in General Nerf

Yeah I have a K mart, Wal-mart, and Target. I've been to wal-mart and target, but not k mart. I may try it. Also I think I'm going to ask my grandma (who lives in cincinatti) to look for some guns. Including the Night Finder. ^_^

Never trust the people who work at the store if they say they haven't got any nerf guns. Thats what usually happens to me. I look anywas and lo' and behold there are a few nerf nerf guns! Scour the shelves for a few minutes before giving up!

#15305 Nerf Online.com

Posted by superadaquabat on 31 December 2003 - 01:08 AM in General Nerf

I really don't understand why hal wasted his time making that ugly skin stuff if he was just going to leave everything else as it was. It's hardly the New Nerf Online. Aside from the intro article, has anything substatial been added, though its not like that paragraph is very substantial.

#15280 Street Magic

Posted by superadaquabat on 30 December 2003 - 03:46 PM in Off Topic

Put a coin in a vice, and cut it with those clipper things they use on padlocks. Your probably strong enough.

#15234 "police Force" Spring Gun

Posted by superadaquabat on 29 December 2003 - 02:28 PM in General Nerf

I've gotten that 3/8" stuff and tried putting the slingshot wieght in it by shoving in all the way up to the front through the back with a screwdriver. The wieght was imbalanced though. You either have to cut it the right length or use to right amount of wieght. And its pretty tough because the weight has to be really small. That size seemed fairly impracticle to me after trying it out, but if it fits perfectly in the gun you micht as well try it. Goodluck!

#15217 Sega Game Gear

Posted by superadaquabat on 29 December 2003 - 01:00 AM in Off Topic

Just buy one off ebay. Or get an emulator.

#15191 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by superadaquabat on 28 December 2003 - 04:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Bring it.

I can't go on the weekend of the ninth, but anything other than that sounds good.

#15189 "police Force" Spring Gun

Posted by superadaquabat on 28 December 2003 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

They have two kinds of ammo, a little suction dart and little yellow rubber bullets. They are extremely accurate, have great range (We guess about sixty feet) and if you put three bullets in the barell, it has a nice shotgun effect.

Dude those little yellow rubber dart guns are so awesome! I got one for christmas a really long time ago and it broke right away. My friend had two and we used to have wars all the time. We totally stuck a bunch of them down the barrel. It was great. I didn't think they'de have enough power for foam darts though, but thats just even more awesome.

#14938 Your Set

Posted by superadaquabat on 23 December 2003 - 02:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I go with the expand a blasst, my dad uses the max shot 2000, i really need a name for that.

#14897 Reduce Dart Drag

Posted by superadaquabat on 22 December 2003 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

I spray silicone down my barrels to reduce friction. I haven't got any actual evidence that it works, but logically it should. Then again logic often fails in the subject of nerf.

#14896 Lord Of The Rings Iii

Posted by superadaquabat on 22 December 2003 - 09:17 PM in Off Topic

Allthough they did change the way gollum was trying to kill sam and frodo. In the books he leads them to a troll camp where every one gets beaten senseless. The chapter name is out of the pan and into the fire, check it out. No friggin spiders.

Wow dude, out of the pan into the fire is from the Hobbit. And there were spiders in both the hobbit and lord of the rings. Shelob (the big spider in Lord of the Rings) is in the second book, but the third movie.

Correct me if i am wrong, but Denethor was crazy because
1. Baramir was dead
1.5. Faramir was probably dead
2. Gondor was screwed
3. Aragorn was comming to kick him out
4. Gandalf was in charge of the ring, and Denethor thought Gandalf was being stupid counting on Frodo.

I thought the movie made him to much of an ass in the beggining. I mean he was trying to save mina tirith in the beggining. But as he had more and more conflict he began to slowly lost interst in doing anything about it.

#14866 Lord Of The Rings Iii

Posted by superadaquabat on 22 December 2003 - 02:29 PM in Off Topic

Has anyone considered the resemblence of the oliphant stuff to the battle of hoth?
Anyways, they left out my favorite part (again, poor Tom Bombabdil). I was worried through the whole movie that the weren't going to have any of the scourning of the shire. They got half way through the movie and finally caught up with the third book in regards to Frodo and Sam and a bout a quarter of the movie in regards to everyone else. I was fairly worried at that point. I thought that whol aragorn king bit would was the end and then i would have been really disapoionted, but at least they had some of the book ending (which is about a third of the book after the ring is destroyed).
I was a little disappointed by changes in character, but there wasn't too much. Besideswhich I was expecting it after the second movie.
But all in all it was pretty amazing stuff, and I was fairly satisfied all in all. Sad that its over though.

#14635 Which Pump Is Better Bike Or Basketball?

Posted by superadaquabat on 18 December 2003 - 09:12 PM in Homemades

I'de imagine bike since thats what everyone says, and more importantly bike pumps deal with much more pressure than backetball ones. Besideswhich basketball pumps are not strong enough. I've broken for that matter pumping a homemade.

#14569 Valkrie Homemade

Posted by superadaquabat on 17 December 2003 - 11:34 PM in Homemades

I've talked to a lot of people and most have said that barrel length doesn't matter.  What's important is barrel width.

Just like in bed.

But in nerf, as long as your barrel isn't bending, its not a pain to load, and theres enough support, i figure it doesn't matter much.

#14171 Integrations

Posted by superadaquabat on 12 December 2003 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

Are both of the tanks connected to one pump? Is it hard to pump at all? I mean it seems the bottom barrel might get in the way? But thats things sure! got range!

#14160 Integrations

Posted by superadaquabat on 11 December 2003 - 10:16 PM in Modifications

I love integrations! Its like modifying a nerf gun with another nerf gun! They'r not at all homemade like. Nerf guns are extreemely limited, so takeing the good aspects of one gun and adding them to the good aspects of another can negate the downfalls of bother guns. For example, take the range of one and add the rate of fire with another and your set. My max shot with a air tech turret is a great example of integration goodness, not to brag.

#14013 The Original Mod.

Posted by superadaquabat on 10 December 2003 - 05:36 PM in Modifications

Aye, I did that with the max shot and a air tech 2000 turret. Worked real well until box broke it. Thanks box. It should be fixed easily though. Its really fast and gets a good 80 feet. I only don't like it becaus i don't like aiming with the max shot. That turret seems like overkill to me. Hard to keep track of shots and way heavy. And what good is twenty shots on a pistol with lousy range? If your in the range of accuray, your going to be fumbling around well dodging shots in close combat. You've got no accuracy it seems to me bec ause your barrels are so short.

How are you planning to make a seal? That seams really tough. The air tech turret already has its seal for you and you just have to connect stationary holes together. Good luck with that.

#13801 Is This A Good Computer?

Posted by superadaquabat on 06 December 2003 - 01:55 PM in Off Topic

If it wasn't that bad, then games would not be an issue.

#13794 Is This A Good Computer?

Posted by superadaquabat on 06 December 2003 - 12:42 PM in Off Topic

Whats so good about Safari? I saw only one feature i really liked with was all the tabs so you can see many websites in one window. That was pretty cool, but not worth the premium cost of macs. iTunes works on IBM, and who uses iChat? I mean it could be good, but can you really think of anyone. Besides there are many programs that do the same exact thing on IBM. Lastly i do belive these games are ostly for games. I don't believe dual 2.2 gig cpu's can compete with AMD 64 while running bug-infested virtual-pc. I would recomend getting one of those huge screens though. That would be so aweome. I'de rather buy a projecter though and save 1,000.

I'm not sure if it was that one daedarus. The one i was talking about was 199 without screen, 300 with. Thats a shame you didn't get it though. It seemed like the 200 dollar one would have been awesome with some of my parts added in, for that price at least.

#13787 Is This A Good Computer?

Posted by superadaquabat on 06 December 2003 - 03:43 AM in Off Topic

If you plan on adding all that stuff on your own, then you migth as well build your own system. As mr. neo pointed out, he's saving a thousand bucks about. Mind you if your not the kind of guy who likes to deal with plroblems you may want the warranty stuff. Also, please correct me if i'm wrong, but HP is not very good for uprading on your own. I don't know if their cheap all in one integrated boards can be upgraded, and from what i've heard only caus problems. Lastly i'de just get one 512 stick rather than 2, i've found it cheaper that way and there's more room for upgrading in the future.

On a side note, I built a pretty decent system last year for around 800, 2400 athlon xp, 512 memory, 80 gig harddrive, geforce 4 ti 4400 128mb card and all. To my dismay i saw an add for a day after tahnksgiving sale for a 2.4 gig p4, 80 gig harddrive and 512 memory for 200 bucks. Sigh* You can never win I sapose.

#13717 Sweet 16th

Posted by superadaquabat on 04 December 2003 - 09:24 PM in Off Topic

happy birthday, but do guys have sweet sixteens?

#13586 Crayola Markers

Posted by superadaquabat on 02 December 2003 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

Crayol to PVC barrel is extreemely awesome for red micro's if you use stock darts, but otherwise, the extra space (filled with the suction cup when using stock darts) looses huge amounts of power and throws accuracey way out of wack.

#13479 Why Do You Nerf?

Posted by superadaquabat on 01 December 2003 - 01:02 AM in General Nerf

I personally enjoy modifying the guns. Something about being able to make stuff better on your own is a lot of fun. Thats the main reason i started nerfing. Nerf has so many things holding you back in terms of when your fighint, like awful aim, minimal range, and slow reloading. So when you can do things, on your own, that you come up with to fix some of these problems, you've got a lot that you can do. And it usually involves duct tape. Everytime i would go to wars, I could see all the problems I would have and plan to fix them. I'de usually wait until the night before the next war and do a lousy job if any. But at the next war i could see how things worked and what didn't. Nerf is comletely open to costumizing. I think it would be great if homemades were more welcome. I've heard the reasons why, but i think the disadvantages could easily be solved. Its not a terrible problem however, official nerf guns are diverse enough to apply a huge amount of ideas to. They serve as a nice base from which to start with.

#12316 Coffee Can Cannon

Posted by superadaquabat on 04 November 2003 - 12:27 AM in Homemades

You could add a nice little decoration to your home to make it a little more personalized. Simply wrap the can with some nice floral fabric. Something rich with color always makes it special. Take a few of your favorite flowers and put a little arrangement in the can. Its as easy as that! I like to add a little extrra touches like a plate for a base, or maybe even a llittle extra trimming on the edges. These little extras can make a room look a LOT better. And remember, always have fun and be creative! Using your imagination, you can beuatify your life! hahaha!

#11449 Halo

Posted by superadaquabat on 15 October 2003 - 12:15 AM in Off Topic

Bah! I played that halo garabage last saturaday for the first time. I can't beleive people use controlers for shooting games. I can't understand why anyone would have the patience for that! Unless its autoaim (which sorta kills multiplayer) console first person shooters are like trying to milk a greased pig with your toes. I don't know why you would try it, but I'm sure its really hard.

#10657 Tech Deck Skatepark For Sale!

Posted by superadaquabat on 28 September 2003 - 10:07 PM in Off Topic

How does the loop thing work? Do you have to twist your whole arm around? And whats the point of a loop anyways?

#10488 Like Rapcore?

Posted by superadaquabat on 26 September 2003 - 11:33 PM in Off Topic

Hey warlock isn't that 3 ?

No, rapcore doesn't actually count as a word, see?

#10432 Nerf Online Returns

Posted by superadaquabat on 25 September 2003 - 09:38 PM in General Nerf

Why do I always think of the song "Owner of A Lonely Heart" when I think of NO? O.o

Thats funny, I always think of goo gone.

Anyhow, i don't quite get the point of the new nerf online. Wasn't all that stuff there before? Now it just has new graphics, which don't look all that great. Oh, and the buy nerf guns links work. Oh no, wait, only the ball blaster works. Some things never change I sapose. I mean he didn't write any new article or change anything of substance. Did he?

#10431 October YANO

Posted by superadaquabat on 25 September 2003 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

So I'm out of town on a shoot the weekend of Oct 11, and I just agreed to another shoot the weekends of October 18th and 25th. This is bad, I understand. But hey, I'm trying to secure future employment here.

You make it sound almost as if you care more about your life than a nerf war.

Anyways, I'm down with the date. This is so in advanced for me though, I'm bound to forget. Oh well. Hey no wait, thats like in two weeks. Sounds good! Until then!

#10429 Expand A Blast

Posted by superadaquabat on 25 September 2003 - 09:16 PM in Modifications

I then bought a new spring, but it would not catch so i had to use the old one.

Use a dremmel to cut the spring a little shorter. Whats happening is when you pull the spring back, it compresses all the way before allowing the shaft go all the way back. You could also get a new spring if you like. Look for one with less coils. The less coilds, the more spring you can use. I have a feeling your barrel is not air tight. Snug is often not. Try covering the barrel with your finger, making an airtight seal. The spring should prefereable no close. I am pretty sure it will slowly leak out though, which is all right. It should shouldn't as fast as it normally would fire without your finger there. In otherwords, the slower the spring closes the better. In any case, check for leakage and if there is a leak make a better seal. It takes a little ingenuity to ifgure out how to do it, but just as long as you don't glue anything or saw anything to/from the gun you can always try over again.