frost vectron's Content

There have been 482 items by frost vectron (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#158720 New - Bolt Action Rifle That Uses Breech Loading

Posted by frost vectron on 10 June 2008 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

The point is, the plastic looks like that cheap brittle chinease plastic.

You sir, are an idiot.

#155730 Favorite Older Computer Game.

Posted by frost vectron on 13 May 2008 - 07:47 PM in Off Topic

Mechwarrior series, Freespace series, X-Wing series

'Nuff said. I'm a joystick fan.

#154662 The Brink Of Frustration

Posted by frost vectron on 04 May 2008 - 08:26 PM in General Nerf

Sorry Badger,

I have been away from the Haven for quite some time (school, work, real life). I usually like to backseat moderate a bit (not to incur punishment onto those that do annoying things, but to steer them in the right direction and explain what is right and what is wrong). Usually explaining how things go here makes better members out of people. I hope this doesn't anger any of the moderators, but some small offenses usually don't warrant a suspension or even an adminstrator stepping in (but a friendly and curteous kick in the ass from somebody else can usually help).

I should be back on and browsing the forums more frequently in a few weeks after this semester is over, and hopefully we can help guide some of the newer members towards our much-loved NerfHaven etiquette.

#153155 The Verge Of Synthetic Life

Posted by frost vectron on 25 April 2008 - 08:01 PM in Off Topic

Why eat food when we can burn it?

The worst thing about Biofuels is that we aren't gaining anything from producing it! The costs of fuel to actually grow and produce biofuel completely negates any gains in fuel from using it as an additive.

#150751 Recon Modification

Posted by frost vectron on 12 April 2008 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

Instead of gluing the back piece of the stock on and not being able to experiment with springs, you could put 3-4 screws around the circumference to hold in place. When you want to swtich springs, you unscrew it and it should slide out. Pop a new spring in, and screw it back up.

Carbon uses a similar method to keep his SNAPs together.

EDIT: Also, your screws don't have to go very deep, so you don't have to worry about the screws affecting the spring. Great mod, by the way! I have yet to buy the Recon, so I can't say much about the mod itself.

#149246 A Bit Of A Puzzle

Posted by frost vectron on 04 April 2008 - 04:17 AM in Modifications

I suggest using an adhesive that isn't so viscous.

Something like superglue might work better, since you can get it into small cracks via capillary action.

#149009 You Guys Should Take A Look

Posted by frost vectron on 03 April 2008 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

As far as making an account over at NHQ and posting contributions there as well, I'll get on it as soon as I scrounge myself some free time.

Oh god, no don't waste your time. The idea that i cared or would waste my time on that testament to failure was my own little April fools joke to counteract the incredible lameness of theirs. Unfortunately nerfhq had the final laugh this April 1st in that the site simply does not have enough active members to care, let alone be disapponted by my false endorsement. It is a sad sad place.

Most hilarious response, ever.

#149005 Stefans

Posted by frost vectron on 03 April 2008 - 12:08 AM in General Nerf

I got your PM.

I use FBR from Ace Hardware. One roll I had fit CPVC very well and the second roll I bought is too thick for it. It all depends... I recommend using a good barrel material for your darts instead of trying to hunt down good dart material for your barrel.

#148792 Triple Strike Mod

Posted by frost vectron on 02 April 2008 - 02:03 AM in Modifications

Mine looks something like this.

Posted Image

I've been meaning to re-do my mod, but haven't found the time (seems like a motif in my life). Glad someone else out there has a triple strike!

EDIT: Image fixed! Sorry about that.

#148708 You Guys Should Take A Look

Posted by frost vectron on 01 April 2008 - 07:47 PM in General Nerf

When bags posted this:

"This is madness, VACC isn't going to destroy everything we know and love about Nerf! he's going to make this place better! Your are foolish one, the one who questions the might of the webmaster. I see through your petty lies: He just saved HQ's existence, why would the chancellor want to destroy the senate?"

I wanted to post back "THIS IS SPARTA!"

As far as making an account over at NHQ and posting contributions there as well, I'll get on it as soon as I scrounge myself some free time.

Great joke! I didn't really know what to think until your last post, VACC.

#148449 Has Anyone Made A Working Rifle Scope?

Posted by frost vectron on 31 March 2008 - 08:57 PM in Modifications

I see.... well thank you everyone for your input, and now I know better. It may not stop me from trying though :D Frost Vectron that should be your signature man :lol: It's true I should contribute to the site, but the perpose of this site should also be helping others in how to make crappy plastic guns, better. I feel in order to do so you should gather as much info as you can before making something that some one ALREADY did. Once again, thank you everyone, and now I'm better informed.

Yup. The way I see it is that everything and anything that I have done that is NERF related and somewhat useful gets posted on this site. I don't hold back anything. Things like minor repairs and modifications are all posted here. I think that if everyone had this mentality, then there'd be no need to ask if anybody has done this or made that since if they were, they would be posted. Anything that wasn't posted wouldn't have been done yet, and it'd be up to you and me to figure it out and post it up.

I guess this isn't quite the case, though, so it's necessary to ask once in a while. Just some food for thought. This is my mentality when I log into the 'Haven.

As far as scopes go, some people love them and others hate them. Are they practical? Probably not (but neither are fancy paintjobs or LEDs on Nerf guns, but we love our customization regardless of practicality). Building a rifle scope would probably be a lot more trouble than it's worth, though. I'd go for sights rather than scopes. If you're dead set on using a scope, go visit Wal-Mart. They have cheap Tasco scopes for under $15 the last time I was there. I think that is a lot easier than hunting down lenses and crap to build your own scope.

#148386 Has Anyone Made A Working Rifle Scope?

Posted by frost vectron on 31 March 2008 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

Maybe I should have asked for them to make the gun before the scope?

Ask not what Nerf Haven could do for you, but what you can do for Nerf Haven.

#147684 Nerf Convention

Posted by frost vectron on 29 March 2008 - 04:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I was under the impression that Nerf Wars were Nerf Conventions.

In fact, there's a "convention" coming up soon. It's called Armageddon.

#147224 No Firefly Help

Posted by frost vectron on 27 March 2008 - 04:23 AM in General Nerf

It would help if we specifically knew what you did to your firefly.

You kind of gave us a broad understanding of what you did. "Doing everything that the search told you to do" can range from burning the damn gun to throwing an AT2K inside.

#145986 Well, My Vortex Tornado Broke After 10 Years Of Use.

Posted by frost vectron on 20 March 2008 - 04:44 PM in General Nerf

I glued mine back and it works fine.

#145925 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by frost vectron on 20 March 2008 - 12:12 AM in Off Topic

It's a '76.

As far as mufflers go, I sit on both sides of the fence.

Yes, I do dislike fast and furious kids driving around with unbolted mufflers thinking they're all bad-ass with their 10 foot spoilers and neon lights.

But yes, I do have an HKS exhaust installed on my Corolla (and yes, it is a japanese car). I do have to say that it does make a difference on the track. I have noticed that the throttle response has increased significantly as well as overall power.

My car is quite loud now, and I have mixed feelings about it. I do like the sound, but I am sometimes self-conscious about other people thinking I'm just another wanna-be asshole when I drive by.

As far as people that really hate mufflers. Let me just show you a comparison:

Posted Image

This is what I was working with before.

Posted Image

This is what I've got on there now. Yes it's big and noisy, but HUGE difference in performance.

#145921 Airtech 1000 Modification

Posted by frost vectron on 19 March 2008 - 11:36 PM in Modifications

To fire this gun, you simply pull the trigger?

If so, this gun REALLY reminds me of incredibly old AirZone guns. I don't know if anybody else remembers them...

#145834 My Sister's Special Day, And A Car!

Posted by frost vectron on 19 March 2008 - 04:01 PM in Off Topic

Congrats to your sister! Spring is a lovely time to get married.

As for cars...

My dad recently got a Datsun 280Z. It's an incredible car! Not much has been done to it yet, but we've got plans. As far as how it sounds, it definitely does not sound like your average japanese sports car. The straight-6 engine gives it a great, deep sound.

As for my car, I drive a 1986 Toyota Corolla. It's definitely not your cutting-edge sports car, but it's a classic and iconic car from Japan.

EDIT: Decided to post up some photos:

Here's the 280Z from about a year ago

Posted Image

Posted Image

And here's me at the track with the corolla:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#145830 Who Wants Free Stuff?

Posted by frost vectron on 19 March 2008 - 03:54 PM in Off Topic

This is the first crap post you offer here?

Hi. This is a Nerf forum. I am a nerfer. If you want to be a member here, post things about nerf. If you want to post up these scams, get the hell out.

#145145 Help With A Sm3k Mod

Posted by frost vectron on 14 March 2008 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

Your best bet is if somebody can get you measurements to this piece. Unfortunately, I don't own a SM3000 anymore and even if I did, I am quite a way from home to make the measurements necessary.

I would assume any piece of shit that has the right length and is rounded on the bottom end should work. It's a little tricky to explain what it does, but it actuates the white triangular piece that locks the turret into the correct position after it rotates.

#145142 Yes, Another Noob With Nf Problems

Posted by frost vectron on 14 March 2008 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

Holy Fucking Shit.

Why are there so many people posting that have no idea what they are talking about??

YES, 1/2" CPVC does fit stock darts. If you do not have 1/2" CPVC or have never used it, please don't start going off on how it's only used for yadayada.

Additionally, making a change to crayola or to brass or to PETG when you are already using 1/2" CPVC will not magically grant you 35 feet of range. It just won't unless your darts are insanely tight onto your existing barrel (in which case, you would be a complete moron to not notice).

Check your plunger to see if your piece of craft foam came off. I had this problem with my rattler. I added some foam to the front of the plunger to soften the plunger stopping, but the foam came off and folded into my connections between the plunger and the barrel, effectively blocking the flow. After I removed that, I was getting strong ranges again. I think that your craft foam came off the plunger head and got lodged into somewhere you don't want it to be.

#145104 Help With A Sm3k Mod

Posted by frost vectron on 14 March 2008 - 04:11 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

EDIT: The rounded part points downward. The rod end points up at you.

#145056 Home Depot Brass

Posted by frost vectron on 14 March 2008 - 02:36 AM in Modifications

What are you using it for?

You might want to consider using PETG. It's a lot cheaper and available through OMC.

#145033 Help With A Sm3k Mod

Posted by frost vectron on 13 March 2008 - 08:43 PM in Modifications

A description or a photo of the black piece would be great. I think I can help you with reassembly (it sounds like this is the problem).

#145032 $20 Magstrike 2-pack

Posted by frost vectron on 13 March 2008 - 08:42 PM in General Nerf

I think it has something to do with Iron Man Magstrikes hitting stores. I've got two on the way as well. :D

#144951 Help With A Sm3k Mod

Posted by frost vectron on 13 March 2008 - 04:32 AM in Modifications

Have you tried using a different barrel material or trimming down the turret somehow?

I used 1/2" CPVC for my barrels and my turret hasn't had this problem. Are you sure it is the weight or something with the assembly?

#144950 $20 Magstrike 2-pack

Posted by frost vectron on 13 March 2008 - 04:26 AM in General Nerf

This is truly a great find!

Thank you geenlung and welcome to the 'Haven!

#144620 Ss2 Problems

Posted by frost vectron on 10 March 2008 - 07:13 PM in Modifications

I would just get an enitrely new piece of vinyl tubing from the hardware store. Try to find one that matches the size of the current one. Get the old tubing off by twisting the tubing from the junctions using pliers (but don't bend or break off the plastic nubs that come out of the pump or tank). Use plumber's goop to seal it on there. Give it a day before applying any kind of pressure.

#144607 Sharpshooter 2 Cpvc Mod

Posted by frost vectron on 10 March 2008 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

I recall getting better ranges after gluing the barrels onto the selector itself.

The selector doesn't really cause you to lose too much air, but the problem is that it constricts the air a pretty good amount.

As far as my brass barrels go, I didn't exactly measure them. I sort of eyeballed it and did it. I had about 2.5" of 17/32" brass inside of 4" or 4.5" 9/16" brass.

#144545 Sharpshooter 2 Cpvc Mod

Posted by frost vectron on 10 March 2008 - 06:47 AM in Modifications

I'm a little confused by the ranges. I haven't done a spring replacement and I get slightly better range out of both barrels. Both of mine hit into the 40's consistently. The only thing that I've done differently is that I used electrical tape instead of silicone tape.

EDIT: I also should mention that I have two SSII's. One of them has 1/2" CPVC barrels and the other has nested brass. They both get almost the same ranges (I think the nested brass gets a few extra feet), but the brassed SSII is far more consistent and accurate.

#144149 The Vulcan

Posted by frost vectron on 06 March 2008 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

If anyone is going to do that, do yoursevles a favor and go with lithium-ions.

We don't live in the stone age anymore...

Anyhow, I'm a little sick of checking this thread all the time to see if the damn thing is out yet. Anyone care to post a little something on the front page once it's actually out?

#144144 Whats The Best Kind Of Sealant

Posted by frost vectron on 06 March 2008 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

Any decent adhesive will fume (and yes, they are toxic). Do it on a balcony or by a window and have a fan blowing over it and out the window.

#144104 Cpvc

Posted by frost vectron on 06 March 2008 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

I get my CPVC from OSH and Usplastic.com

If people at the hardware store don't know what you mean by CPVC, tell them it's for cold tap-water piping and they might understand what you are talking about.

EDIT: The CPVC I get is kind of an off-white color.

#143140 Hi Nerf Fans...

Posted by frost vectron on 29 February 2008 - 12:15 AM in Off Topic

I hope that you heal quickly and fully. I wish you the very best!

If you're finding things difficult to remember, you should try and read some of the things you have posted, as well as watch the videos you have made. You have done some amazing things here and you should be proud of that.

Stay strong!

#143121 Oh My God.

Posted by frost vectron on 28 February 2008 - 11:05 PM in General Nerf

Spoon!

Are you still driving around with that NerfOnline.com license plate frame?

#142882 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by frost vectron on 27 February 2008 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

Here is the photo that is missing. I just saved it off my old site and re-upped to photobucket:

Posted Image

And here's my Tribarrel from eight years ago:

Posted Image

Posted Image

EDIT: Also, Wisey, there's nothing wrong with multiple write-ups for the same mod. Go for it, maybe it'll show some alternate techniques than what has been done already.

#142755 Ss1 Barrel Replacement

Posted by frost vectron on 27 February 2008 - 12:54 AM in Modifications

I love this gun! I am surprised that there aren't any other documentations of the tri-barrel. I think this 'ought to help out a lot of people that are confused about the mod.

One of the photos don't seem to be working for me. The one under the step "Then take a drill and drill these holes out." is missing. Not sure if I'm the only one, though.

EDIT: I also love how you love me, although it's a bit creepy. :lol:

Also, my tri-barrel SS1 had pretty variable ranges. I believe the top barrel used to get in the low 50's and the two side barrels got in the low 40's. The variation was probably because of my poor modding skills, though.

#142572 The Loaner

Posted by frost vectron on 26 February 2008 - 01:44 AM in Modifications

Yep. It's a shame that mega dart guns are virtually nonexistant now. I've got a lot of 5/8" FBR laying around that doesn't get much use anymore.

#142465 The Loaner

Posted by frost vectron on 25 February 2008 - 06:28 AM in Modifications

The SS2 is a great gun! I'm still trying to get my SS2 in working order as it can't hold air pressure right now. Once I do, it's gonna be great (a worthwhile gun to pair up with my chainblazer).

Also, the reason why it did not fire a tagger well is because you used the wrong type of ammunition. This gun, and countless older guns, fire larger diameter darts called Mega Darts. You won't get any range at all with Micro Darts unless you do a barrel modification. Just a heads up before you pass up any Mega Dart classics.

Great write-up. I also wouldn't leave my secret barrel off--it's good shit!

#142339 The Vulcan

Posted by frost vectron on 23 February 2008 - 11:47 PM in General Nerf

I wonder what Hasbro was training us for back when animal-shaped guns shot darts. :unsure:

I believe this answers your question.

That made me laugh. Thanks for that! :unsure: