nisaburo's Content

There have been 149 items by nisaburo (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#359284 Nerf supermaxx 5000 tank leaking. Solutions or at2k tank?

Posted by nisaburo on 17 April 2017 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

If its actually leaking back down the line then it sounds like a bad check valve in your pump. Swap the pump and see if you still have a problem. A pump swap should be very simple and leave you with a wide amount of options for substitutes.

#358252 95 Crossbow Clip Fed?

Posted by nisaburo on 27 February 2017 - 01:43 PM in Modifications

Both these blasters work in a very different way than any modern clip fed blasters. Instead of chambering a dart from a clip into barrel, the clips on these blasters ARE the barrels and get whole clip is advanced up or down via a tooth.

Your visions of a 35rd drum couldnt really be acomplished with this style.

#357445 Nerf war in Seattle (Greenlake area)

Posted by nisaburo on 05 January 2017 - 01:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Here is a great article on things to consider when hosting a war.
http://nerfhaven.com...ost-a-nerf-war/
We dont want to discourage you hosting, quite the opposite! We just want to make sure everyone knows what to expect so we can make the most of a somewhat rare Washington war!

#357433 Nerf war in Seattle (Greenlake area)

Posted by nisaburo on 04 January 2017 - 03:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I would be interested in going and have been involved with wars in the greater Seattle area for years. I have also have some questions/notes
- are slugs and or domes allowed? My understanding of FVJs are they are esentially solid tipped stock darts.
- have you checked for reservations of that site?
- in the past we have had slight issues with unaccompanied minors from a liability standpoint to the point we put a minimum age unless with a guardian.
-banned blasters are a good idea.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about war considerations!

#343667 Range Master Probelms

Posted by nisaburo on 21 December 2014 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

The rangemaster has a style of tank that the NIC refer to as a back pressure tank. This means to fire the main tank a small amount of air first gets vented from was is refered to as a blast button. So on that side your internals sound like they are operating fine. Sometimes you can disrupt the firing by not allowing the blast button to vent properly. For example, your finger might create a seal.

What modifications did you do to the blaster itself, thats how we can start to see why your ranges are so bad.

#342141 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 24 September 2014 - 09:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill be coming, but probably not until after 2pm.

#342094 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 20 September 2014 - 05:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in for now! And will anyone have a roll of felt tips at the war I could buy?

I will.

#342078 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 19 September 2014 - 08:25 PM in Nerf Wars

are slingshot weights allowed?

Traditionally slingshot weight implies a hot glue dome, so no. Alternativly, I suppose you could make a modified slug with slingshot weight, in which case I would guess no. The problem with slingshot weight is it adds a lot of mass to the dart which typically results in a much more painful and dangerous dart.

I would be interested in it, mainly for the foam though assuming it has a springer fit in cpvc.

There are a couple kinds of foam I would offer, 2 of which fit fine in cpvc.

#342045 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 18 September 2014 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Did a count on the supplies I inherited from Taerkitty. Nearly 500 made slugs plus a few of his "experimental" dart types.

Im also thinking about putting together some dart making kits with the excess supplies for folks that want to get into making their own ammo. What would be the interest level for that?

#341959 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 15 September 2014 - 10:38 PM in Nerf Wars

That BBUMB is fine so long as the opv is still intact. We run #6 washer slugs and stock darts exclusivly at these wars. No domes.

#341878 WANO VI

Posted by nisaburo on 11 September 2014 - 05:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I will see what I can do. This is a weekend of my anniversay so matters must be handled delicately.

#341719 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nisaburo on 03 September 2014 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
The last war I attended made me realize I didn't have a nice pistol. Fixed that.

#341245 WANO V

Posted by nisaburo on 16 August 2014 - 01:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Im looking for some thin wall 1" pvc. Anyone able to help me out at the war?

#341198 WANO V

Posted by nisaburo on 14 August 2014 - 12:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Ill be there. Also requesting medic game type if we have enough people to make it work resonably.

#340154 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by nisaburo on 08 July 2014 - 01:40 PM in Nerf Wars

So Im coming but will be late. Probably around 2pm. Hoping to bring tantumbull and another friend. Also texted tuna the fish but havent heard back yet.

As long as I get my McMaster order in time, Ill have a bunch of darts as well.

#339660 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by nisaburo on 19 June 2014 - 05:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Update: probably won't be able to make it to this one. Maybe I can show up late, we will see.

#339621 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by nisaburo on 16 June 2014 - 10:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Ill see what I can do. Probs me plus one.

#336437 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by nisaburo on 10 January 2014 - 09:01 PM in Darts and Barrels

Im not trying to poo-poo your tactics as you probably know how you play better than I. But Id be worried about pumping time. Maybe put the 2k turret on the NF?

#336433 Short Barreled AT2K

Posted by nisaburo on 10 January 2014 - 08:06 PM in Darts and Barrels

Whatever material works best with your darts. In general, PETG is better for airguns but that is only because it usually has a looser fit for stefans. Why short barrels? Part of what makes 2ks desirable is the fact you can hit big ranges with easy mods. That takes longer barrels though.

#336393 Eastern WA nerf

Posted by nisaburo on 09 January 2014 - 01:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Im in Seattle, but depending on if I can gather enough people to make it worth our while we could show up. A potential me +4ish. What style of war are you thinking? Long range, stefan based NIC or more stock and HvZ.

#334644 Recasting Suggestion Thread

Posted by nisaburo on 09 October 2013 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

Have you considered shrinkage for the part? I didn't see any information for it on the product page you provided. We are not dealing with super tight tolerances in most of these parts but I could see a little shrinkage resulting in a bolt sled not securly staying on its intended rails.

Also, it might be worthwhile to look into over-molding so you could have a metal or wire armature for the heavy stress points.

#334098 WANO III

Posted by nisaburo on 17 September 2013 - 08:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Im not sure If i can make this one at all. Ill be having the mother-in-law in town and leaving the next day so we might be last minute doing things.
Ill do my best.

#334065 Larami SuperMaxx Ball Shooter

Posted by nisaburo on 16 September 2013 - 04:50 PM in General Nerf

My understanding of it is that its one of those super rare blasters that enter collections and rarely see the field. Probably better off trying to sell it than mod it.

#333210 WANO II

Posted by nisaburo on 18 August 2013 - 09:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Im still coming but won't be showing up until after 2. Couldnt get the day off but did get an early shift that lets me get some nerf in.

#332855 WANO II

Posted by nisaburo on 10 August 2013 - 12:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in.

#332270 WANO I

Posted by nisaburo on 24 July 2013 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I'm in dart making and tune up mode now.
Picking through my blasters I have a few high profile items I'm looking to sell. Mad Hornet, Manta shell with broken plunger rods, AT4K, powerclip, and a crossbow with homemade internals if anyone is interested. Send me a PM if anyone is interested in a at-the-war purchase.

#331848 WANO I

Posted by nisaburo on 12 July 2013 - 05:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Nice. I'll be there. I'll reach out to some of the regulars in the area and see if anyone missed this post.

I hope to premier a new style of homemade here. I finally have some more incentive to finish it up.

#328055 Seattle, WA - Nerf Group [First Game] - March 23 (Saturday), 2013 @ Ma

Posted by nisaburo on 15 March 2013 - 09:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm really not trying to be difficult here, so I apologize if this sounds like I'm being a jerk.

It sounds like people should expect games and blasters on the level of a game of HvZ, is this correct? By this I would mean basic mods (air restricter and lock removals, etc) ranges of 30-50' and an emphasis on magazine fed blasters (N-strike and Elite.)
There are a handful of wars here in washington, not all are Seattle specific though.

- The Olympia Foam Society hosts HvZ games on the Evergreen College campus. These games, I believe, tend to use stock darts, basic performance mods, but extensive and cool cosmetic and tactical mods (lights and sights) and have a RPG aspect to them.
- Theres a war out in Anacortas at an old military bunker. These games also used stock darts due to restrictions at the park. The organizers have capped ranges as the firefights tend to be indoors and up close.
- Then there is the War at Marymoor park in Redmond. These games allow stock darts and blasters, stefans, modded blasters and homemade blasters. No blasters that fire over 120' and there is something of an understanding that you will be outclassed if you can't fire around 70' which is hard to do with stock darts.

Stefans/homemade darts are going to hurt a good amount even out of a lightly modded nitefinder when shot at the face pointblank. Hell, I bet getting hit in the face by one of the new Elite blasters with stock Elite darts sucks quite a bit! I won't use a blaster I'm not willing to be hit with myself but I not be intentionally shot in the face by ANY modded blaster at pointblank.

It has never been my understanding that stefans are meant to keep dart costs down, they are more intended to increase range and accuracy. As far as construction is concerned, its rather standardized for an internet DIY phenomenon. Hot glue heads with steel bbs as weights on insulating foam or felt covered washers on insulating foam. My point is stefans are going to hurt more than stock darts out of any blaster and at any range.

TL;DR
I doubt that the people using stock darts are signing up to be hit with stefans. I feel a "max" standard needs to be established for both ranges and ammo so people know what to expect.
And I don't want to be the asshole who shows up with only century cannons and stefans if everyone else is packing stock darts and blasters capped at 50'.

#327723 Alternative Plunger Tube Plastics?

Posted by nisaburo on 06 March 2013 - 07:14 PM in Homemades

I have used acrylic for plunger tube replacements before. It broke pretty quickly, not a catastrophic failure with flying shards but it cracked around the the coupler after a few rounds. This was without a significant spring upgrade.

#327358 Seattle, WA - Nerf Group [First Game] - March 23 (Saturday), 2013 @ Ma

Posted by nisaburo on 26 February 2013 - 06:19 PM in Nerf Wars

You kind of address it on your Meetup page, but what are dart expectations? Stock darts or stefans?
You seem to be well organized, have you hosted NIC style wars before or has it mostly been HvZ games?
You say stock and modded blasters are allowed, but i get the feeling that your personal group will be packing mostly stock and or 60' blasters. The crowd you are advertising to here are packing a lot of 100'+ blasters as basic gear. You may want to be a little more specific about the "tone" of this war.

That being said, Im in Seattle and very interested.

#316586 Effeminate 3.2

Posted by nisaburo on 05 June 2012 - 11:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I posted it on the FB page but I'm a no go on this one. Im needed at work at all times of day and night. Everyday. All day. Until the end of July.

#314897 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by nisaburo on 27 April 2012 - 10:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Giving this a little bump. With less then two weeks till the war is everyone getting pumped up?

What about those who like springers?

Terrible, Taer, just awful.

Trying to get projects slapped together so I have SOMETHING presentable for you people.

#313961 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by nisaburo on 04 April 2012 - 11:49 AM in Nerf Wars

So I lied! I have a wedding to attend on that may 19th. Any possibility of moving the date yet again?

#313704 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by nisaburo on 29 March 2012 - 04:24 PM in Nerf Wars

May 19th works fine for me also.

#311119 Effeminate 3.1

Posted by nisaburo on 12 February 2012 - 07:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm down.

#305493 CS-70 Marauder

Posted by nisaburo on 07 October 2011 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

Love it, Kitty. Are you proving to me that you can make pretty lookin' stuff too? The only thing I could possibly suggest is to try and internalize the top gun priming situation. Wish I didn't have to wait until next summer to see this thing. Absolutely love it.

#304930 Tetrahedral Mobstacles

Posted by nisaburo on 22 September 2011 - 08:52 PM in Homemades

These worked great at the last war. They provided cover from multiple directions but could be out-flanked with a little effort to prevent camping. I always felt I was safe for a quick reload but not to bunker down.

#303385 Effeminate 2.4

Posted by nisaburo on 15 August 2011 - 10:58 PM in Nerf Wars

The 10 will hopefully work way better, I wasn't going to be able to make the 27th.
@wick Amazon had PASes and RFSGs back in stock last I checked.

#303127 Effeminate 2.4

Posted by nisaburo on 09 August 2011 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm hoping to make this one, I'll check in with work.

#302342 Effeminate 2.3

Posted by nisaburo on 27 July 2011 - 12:17 AM in Nerf Wars

I agree with a lot of your points, Taer. However, Im sorry to single out OFS but I don't think that giving them special melee rules for every round is a good solution. Its going to lead to a lot of complicated situations, uncontrolled charges by melee users and wild point blank shots with powerful blasters. Some of the regular group have already been hurt by OFS gunblades due to a lack of padding and uncontrolled swings.

If I went to one of OFS's games I wouldn't bring my RFSG and 2K, I would bring something appropriate to the game type.

Bottom line: Don't bring a knife to my gun fight and I won't bring a gun to your knife fight.