KatanasPWN's Content

There have been 53 items by KatanasPWN (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#315245 Shotgun/tank help?

Posted by KatanasPWN on 05 May 2012 - 12:26 PM in Homemades

Ball valve air release mechanisms usually aren't that great, but for what you're doing they should work just fine. As long as the ball valve has somewhat low-torque and you turn it fast it should release all the air quickly.

#314316 Stampede Problem

Posted by KatanasPWN on 12 April 2012 - 01:16 AM in Modifications

Well you already said the batteries were fresh, so I'm going to ask another stupid simple question, are they put in properly? That's pretty much the only other explanation if it's bone stock, unless it's broken.

#313782 Baby Bottle Hopper

Posted by KatanasPWN on 31 March 2012 - 10:39 AM in Darts and Barrels

Could the bottle be substituted with some similarly sized PVC? Also, what size is that bottle's ID closest to?

#313399 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by KatanasPWN on 23 March 2012 - 12:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

Well to solve that you could probably use a brithop

#313376 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by KatanasPWN on 22 March 2012 - 11:05 PM in Darts and Barrels

Would these hurt if you used them without a felt pad?

#313118 BANO: CANCELLED

Posted by KatanasPWN on 18 March 2012 - 09:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Most likely not, the weather has been kinda crappy here, and my swim team starts our season in a few weeks, which will take up most of my saturdays. If we set up a war during spring break (which varies greatly, for me it's the 2nd week of april) But I'll keep you posted. During the summer though I'll have a ton of free time so we could do multiple wars then.

#312626 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by KatanasPWN on 09 March 2012 - 05:19 PM in Darts and Barrels

Random question, could this be scaled up to 1" FBR, with a 5/8" hole? I'm interested in making mungo darts, and I don't wanna use some big-ass washer as the weight.

#312458 Eye Protection Is Key

Posted by KatanasPWN on 04 March 2012 - 11:58 PM in General Nerf

Be forewarned that those masks have no peripheral vision, and most of that one's cost comes from the auto-darkening lens. A similar mask can be bought for much cheaper without the flames or fancy lenses. Trust me, you don't want to use those types of masks unless you widen the view, which destroys the aesthetics. I wouldn't trust the mesh mask either, it looks bendy.

Regardless of what you buy/make it MUST have ANSI rated lenses and cover you properly. It should also not fog up easily, either with anti-fog lenses or another way to keep your breath away from the lens.

In that case I'd just use an iron man mask, and possibly replace the lenses with polycarb, or acrylic, I don't think it'd fog up due to the hole by the mouth area. The welding mask was more a "for teh lulz" idea.

#312451 Eye Protection Is Key

Posted by KatanasPWN on 04 March 2012 - 10:21 PM in General Nerf

With the mesh facemask you could spraypaint/stencil a design on it, and still see through it! That could be pretty cool, but honestly if I were to go that far, I'd just use an iron man mask painted to my liking. If you had the money this would be pretty cool also.

#311932 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by KatanasPWN on 26 February 2012 - 11:27 PM in Darts and Barrels

Would a 1/4" drill bit work for this? Due to the slightly smaller diameter, I suppose you'd have to drill deeper to hold the same ammount of silicone. Also, do you have an McM number for the silicone you used?

#311512 BANO: CANCELLED

Posted by KatanasPWN on 19 February 2012 - 10:06 PM in Nerf Wars

So is the war going to be back on? next weekend?

Yeah, no... Probably sometime in march.

#310984 BANO: CANCELLED

Posted by KatanasPWN on 10 February 2012 - 10:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, it looks like rain tomorrow morning or tonight, and mudfields are no fun, so war is cancelled for now, we'll set-up another date sometime soon.

#310822 BANO: CANCELLED

Posted by KatanasPWN on 06 February 2012 - 11:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Bump, time changed, 11:00 to Whenever we get tired.

#310494 Another Simple 3D Printed Blaster

Posted by KatanasPWN on 01 February 2012 - 09:55 AM in Homemades

As patents keep running out 3d printing will keep become cheaper and more capable. It's always possible to make multiple pieces and glue/screw/clip them together to make larger parts.

I'm not sure 'vintage' shells would be a good idea though; companies take their copyrights very seriously (even if they currently are not making money off them)

You could just make some changes in the shell, maybe slightly different handle, no hole at the top where the stock arrow barrel went, etc. Also, I think the crossbow copyright ran out

#310400 Wars in North California?

Posted by KatanasPWN on 30 January 2012 - 11:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't think anyone would want to go to a war hosted by an 11 year old.

#309991 BANO: CANCELLED

Posted by KatanasPWN on 23 January 2012 - 07:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Date set.

#309858 Modified Supermaxx 5000

Posted by KatanasPWN on 20 January 2012 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

Isn't the whole point of this website to modify nerf blasters? Not just collecting them and keeping them in boxes?

Yes, but if he wanted to modify one, he could have simply sold the NIB one, and bought one out of the box.

#309856 Modified Supermaxx 5000

Posted by KatanasPWN on 20 January 2012 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

How the hell did you get an sm5k in that good condition? It even has stock larami darts! If you unboxed a NIB one, I think I'm gonna cry

#309845 The Niteploy

Posted by KatanasPWN on 20 January 2012 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

Very nice! Maybe I could do the same thing to my longstrike, make it war-worthy!

Don't quote the whole thread.

#309797 BANO: CANCELLED

Posted by KatanasPWN on 19 January 2012 - 07:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Thread updated, and poll added.

#309496 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by KatanasPWN on 14 January 2012 - 03:45 PM in Modifications

I apologize if this is more of an ammo question than a barrel question...

Have you actually tried making darts with the foam, or are you just checking if the raw foam fits? If it's the latter, make some darts with it, and see if they fit. Sometimes the foam changes when you put it through the drier, or however you straighten it.

#308979 Quick Question about Unscrewing Blasters

Posted by KatanasPWN on 01 January 2012 - 01:45 PM in Modifications

This is a bit off-topic, but do you guys usually put all of the screws back in your blasters, or just enough to hold it together?

#308333 Right, well, I found this interesting thing...

Posted by KatanasPWN on 16 December 2011 - 02:00 AM in General Nerf

Well I dunno what you guys are talking about, but REAL nerf wars are psychological, I get a group of 20+ friends, and we sit in a park angrily glaring at each other until someone starves, or has their head esploded. But to be better than anyone you've got to wear aluminum foil hats.

#308210 Fallopian mk 2

Posted by KatanasPWN on 12 December 2011 - 12:55 AM in Homemades

He meant louiec3s replacement internals for a 5k
http://www.nerfrevol....php?f=9&t=2931

#308184 BANO: CANCELLED

Posted by KatanasPWN on 11 December 2011 - 02:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image
So, my friend and Ihave been wanting to host a war for a LONG time, and after talking it over we’ve finally decided on it. SO here it is.

BANO #1
Contact us: BANO_nerf@yahoo.com

http://maps.google.c...3577,-122.05274

Date:February 11th, 2011 from 11:00 to Whenever we get tired (most likely 4:00 ish)
ANY WAR ATTENDEES THAT ARE UNDER 13 NEED TO HAVE THEIR PARENTS WITH THEM FOR AT LEAST THE FIRST FEW ROUNDS OF THE WAR. I’m not a baby sitter, so parents, don’t just drive past the park and ditch your kid there for a few hours. If you misbehave we can, and will kick you out of the war, and you’ll have your parents come pick you up. We will take no responsibility for little kids.

Banned: Singled Titans, most Singled Super soakers, Singled drain blasters, plugged big blasts, etc. We reserve the right to spot ban any blaster for any reason. (PM me if you’re iffy about using a blaster) Tack darts, realistic blasters, douchey attitude. Use common sense.

What to bring:
EYE PROTECTION (We will have a few extras, but just bring your own)
Water! (There are a few water fountains, but for mid-battle you'd be best off with a water bottle, I'll have a bunch, $1 each)
Primary (Should also bring a back-up)
Secondary (^^^)
Darts/ammo (Don’t expect to mooch off of us or anyone else there)
Cash for food, buying blasters, bus, etc.

Optional
Alt. ammo blaster (Missiles, balls, arrows, etc.)
Mobstacles (would be appreciated)
Blasters for trade/loan/etc.
Snacks

Dart regulations:
CDTS, slugs, glue domes, etc. of any size: ALLOWED
Tack darts, exposed metal darts (Tiny bit of metal peeking out on the side of a slug OK), slingshot weighted darts, any darts with pointed weights (Screws, tacks, etc.) BANNED

Rounds:
TDM
HVZ (If we have enough people)
Protect the core (I will be supplying the 2 cores)
Free-for-all
Pistol round
Possibles:
Awfuls/stock round
CTF
Tag team (teams of 2)

VVVVVV:IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: VVVVVV
We may be doing prizes for round winners, or a raffle (Nothing major, probably just a NIB NF, or some wyes.) Only issue right now is food, the nearest places to eat are kinda far, and I don’t want to have everyone lug their stuff all that way for lunch, so we might just order Pizza, have someone take orders, and go get the food, or have people bring their own lunch (I really don’t wanna resort to that)

Attendance:

CONFIRMED:
Me
Righteous Fondue
RotS-targe
d4rk354b3r (HVZ forum)
POSSIBLE:

Also, I’d like to buy a few items at the war, PM or email me if you have them, and we can negotiate.

WTB/WTT:17/32” brass, PETG, Mad Hornet, pistol splat, 1.5” thinwall, Quadshot barrel spacer, E-putty, colored hot glue, good foam, Marshmallow X-bow, x-bow.

WTS/WTT (Pics upon request) :
My Friends stuff:
Minimized, couplered titan, needs tubing re-glued to the pump (Offer)
Expanded hornet tank $10 (Negotiable)
Silencers (lol): $5

My Stuff:
WYES!: $2 each.
(More to be added)

Questions; please post here, PM me, or use the E-mail provided above. Also, don’t dump on my thread please, thank you.

#307391 Petg Tubing

Posted by KatanasPWN on 15 November 2011 - 05:47 PM in Modifications

The search engine is a wondrous thing beaver.

Edit:Sorry, didn't mean to pile onto a necro.

#304650 Epoxy Resin Cast Blaster Parts!

Posted by KatanasPWN on 12 September 2011 - 05:03 PM in Modifications

Nice! If you could find a clear drying epoxy then you could make an almost entirely clear nitefinder! I've got a few questions:
1. Could you color the parts to some extent with dyes or something
2. Are there any kinds of epoxy that you should generally stay away from that are too fragile or that will attach them self to the mold?
If you've already broken the part you can probably just attempt to glue it back together, follow the regular mold making process and just fix up the mold a bit with a toothpick.

#304416 SuperRainbowPump

Posted by KatanasPWN on 07 September 2011 - 09:09 AM in Homemades

Any worries about the plunger rod snapping with all those slots in it?

#296836 Baff #19

Posted by KatanasPWN on 29 March 2011 - 05:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in and I'll bring wyes and pvc and whatever else. And would any of you guys go to a war/mod party/Barbecue here in fremont/newark? Like sometime during spring break, there's quite a few good hardware stores nearby (an Osh half a mile away, a home depot which is just down the street, a dale hardware a few blocks away, an Ace a couple miles from my house, plus a TRU, target, and some other good places within a few miles) which would be good for a mod party, and a few parks perfect for a war. We could have a barbecue and mod party at my house, and a war at which ever park you guys like the most in my area. Plus my house is only 5 minutes away from William cann so it isn't too far from our usual spot and we could have a war there after the mod party/barbeque

#296483 Baff #18 Canceled Due To Bad Weather

Posted by KatanasPWN on 23 March 2011 - 09:34 AM in Nerf Wars

Damn, looks like heavy rain this saturday. Plans if we get rained out?

#295973 Baff #18 Canceled Due To Bad Weather

Posted by KatanasPWN on 13 March 2011 - 08:58 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. And would any of you guys go to a war/mod party/Barbecue here in fremont? Like sometime during spring break, there's quite a few good hardware stores nearby (an Osh half a mile away, a home depot which is just down the street, a dale hardware a few blocks away, an Ace a couple miles, plus a TRU, target, and some other good places within a few miles) which would be good for a mod party, and a few parks perfect for a war. We could have a barbecue and mod party at my house, and a war at which ever park you guys like the most in my area.

#295625 Bs-12 Advanced Tactical Nerf Rifle

Posted by KatanasPWN on 08 March 2011 - 11:56 PM in Homemades

Boltsniper is the reason I nerf. Not kidding. I was 12 and saw the FAR and immediatley knew what my hobby was going to be.

Same thing happened to me, except I was like 8

#291106 Love Or Hate Kitten Videos?

Posted by KatanasPWN on 18 December 2010 - 11:02 AM in Off Topic

Why are you watching Kitten videos? Kittens suck, puppies are better
Posted Image

#291054 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by KatanasPWN on 17 December 2010 - 01:03 AM in Off Topic

Disregard.

#290559 Anyone In La?

Posted by KatanasPWN on 10 December 2010 - 01:02 AM in Off Topic

Never mind this post

#290558 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by KatanasPWN on 10 December 2010 - 12:49 AM in Off Topic

I'm Ivyn Grey on xbox live but it's not always me playing, I share with my dad, he plays later at night while i'm on during the day around 3:00. I play call of duty black ops, mw2, red dead redemption, halo 3, halo odst, and halo reach.

#289804 Baff #15

Posted by KatanasPWN on 02 December 2010 - 08:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys I doubt I can make it, something popped up, if I can make it i'll be there around 10:30

#289714 New Mexican Nerfers?

Posted by KatanasPWN on 02 December 2010 - 12:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Wtf is wrong with your font? Its tiny!

#289576 Nano Belt Blaster

Posted by KatanasPWN on 01 December 2010 - 02:11 AM in Modifications

Nice! Another mod to this badass gun and perhaps even the first to use petg! Will I see this at baff 15?

#289570 Baff #15

Posted by KatanasPWN on 01 December 2010 - 12:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like rain on this saturday :lol: well we can still do a mod party....