INsecurity's Content

There have been 18 items by INsecurity (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#67748 A New Custom Dart

Posted by INsecurity on 15 November 2005 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

You probably could just melt a hole in the top of a length of FBR then drop a few weights in the hole and fill with the PLASTI-DIP instead of hotglue.
These should work in modded guns fine if the PLASTI-DIP doesn't go past the edge of the FBR.

#67360 The Shoes Heely's

Posted by INsecurity on 09 November 2005 - 09:21 AM in Off Topic

I have a pair and I'm 18, they are pretty fun to mess around on but the best thing is, if you take the wheel out they are pretty damn comfortable.
I payed roughly $65US for mine and I still think they were worth it.
The look on peoples faces is worth at least $50 some of the times.

#66317 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by INsecurity on 22 October 2005 - 12:07 PM in Homemades

Or you could have a catch on the plunger that when the plunger is 3/4 of the way cocked it catches the bolt mech and slides it back to load another dart and when fired the bolt will slide forwards with the plunger before too much air comes through.

#66296 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by INsecurity on 22 October 2005 - 05:05 AM in Homemades

I will go down for a kit if you start producing them, also the handle serves no actual operational purpose besides to hold the gun right?
If so if I get one I will probably sand and reform the grip a bit.

With the clip loading idea. It couldn't be that hard but would probably reduce range, all you would have to do is put the plunger above the barrel and then have vinyl tubing going from the end of the plunger tube to the back of the barrel, I realise that I have just given a very basic idea and it would be alot more work than that, but with what you have done in the past with PVC I'm sure you could work it out.

-=EDIT=-

*BOINK*

I wonder how many people will understand my edit.

#58105 New Way To Test Strength Of Blasters.

Posted by INsecurity on 24 June 2005 - 11:52 AM in General Nerf

Sorry double post, Im an idiot.

#58104 New Way To Test Strength Of Blasters.

Posted by INsecurity on 24 June 2005 - 11:45 AM in General Nerf

would be great if as many people as possible could make them, that way would could get acurate measurements of blasters instead of people fighting over wether peoples distances are fake or not.

#58102 New Way To Test Strength Of Blasters.

Posted by INsecurity on 24 June 2005 - 11:23 AM in General Nerf

Instead of the old measure after shot way, this seems more practical and only costs around $20
http://www.sci-spot....l/ballistic.htm

#57561 Does Anybody Else Play Runescape?

Posted by INsecurity on 15 June 2005 - 12:48 PM in Off Topic

I would pk all you in like 3 hits. I had a level 70+ account named Elvesrock that got stolen. He had full run plate, rune kite, rune battle axe, and dragon amulet. Luckily, I sold my members stuff and went back to regular (because I was going to be gone all summer and couldn't play) before it got stolen. So, I stole someone else's account who was like level 67 and could catch and cook lobsters. He ended up getting his account back. His name was Master Asia1. I quit Runescape because it consumed a dangerous amount of my life. I mean all day every day not stop obsession. If I ever get my first account back, I might start playing again.

Ahahahahaha, I would own you in the wildy, 70+ account with a rune battle axe?
Im 76 with full rune and a beserker helmet and dragon long. You would tele 30 seconds into the fight fool.
Kirerudori if you want to look me up.

#50232 Does Anybody Else Play Runescape?

Posted by INsecurity on 22 March 2005 - 04:51 AM in Off Topic

RuneScape Hiscores for Kirerudori
Overall 899
Attack 63
Defence 60
Strength 64
Hitpoints 64
Ranged 58
Prayer 43
Magic 55
Cooking 46
Woodcutting 46
Fletching 44
Firemaking 31
Crafting 44
Smithing 44
Mining 49
Herblore 34
Agility 38
Thieving 33

Thats Me

#36799 Helix Barrel

Posted by INsecurity on 09 September 2004 - 08:00 PM in Homemades

The whole rifeling thing has been done to death, the only real was is to add fins to your darts, Cutting them does work but takes way too long. so you best bet is to just add fins on the bacl not the side.

#36797 Helix Barrel

Posted by INsecurity on 09 September 2004 - 07:41 PM in Homemades

I think i understand what he is saying, The notches cut out of the end of the barrel makes the air dispearse off the the sides insteaf of moving past the dart and destroying the air pocket that the dart is traveling on.

If you fire a dart the air will sit behind it untill it leave the barrel, this makes the dart go forwards, but once the dart leaves the barrel there is no more resistance for the air so due to it having less friction against the air than the dart it will travel past the dart and mess up the air around the dart causing it to fish tail.

Looking at 3DBBQ's barrel design it loosk as though it would make the air dispearse off to the sides more than straight ahead therefore affecting the dart less.

#36792 Looking For Mixtures That Create Gas

Posted by INsecurity on 09 September 2004 - 07:18 PM in Homemades

Ive got a few I will post the pros and cons aswell.

Baking Soda and Vinegar
Pros - Fast reaction, Easy to get and cheap, Not toxic, Only creates carbon dioxide.
Cons - Might not make enough pressure to fire off a dart quick and created alot of mess.

Cobalt-Chloride and Water in Aluminum foil.
Pros - Very fast reaction, Can create high pressures.
Cons - Created heat of up to 90°+ so yuo will need a metal tank to use it in, Not very cheap around $60 US for 500g, Toxic as far as i know

Hydrochloric Acid and Magnesium.
Pros, Fast reaction, creates hydrogen gas which can then be used for combustion.
Cons, Uses Acid so you need a rubber lined tank, creates Hydrogen which is explosive.

Dry Ice and Water
Pros, easy to get your hands on.
Cons, creates heaps of pressure so you will need a pressure relase valve, very cold so you will need to use metal or something becasue pvc is too brittle.

Thats all I can think of right now. Dont get yourself blown up.
and if you do I didnt tell you how to make whatever you did

--EDIT--
Make sure you talk to your science teacher about these mixtures first, Im not a science teacher just a pyro mainiac. I dont know the full effects of these mixtures.

#15071 Rifling Barrel Idea

Posted by INsecurity on 26 December 2003 - 08:10 AM in Homemades

I think you idea would work but with a little change, a fan similer to a computer fans build but alot amaller that would fit into a piece of barrel material, but sitting behind where the dart would go intront of the valve so that when the valve is opened the air is pushed though the free spinning fan thus sipinning the air and pushing the dart, may or may not work, but its still woth a shot.

#12509 Nerf In Australia?

Posted by INsecurity on 07 November 2003 - 02:49 AM in General Nerf

Yeah man im aussie, Victoria too.

#12508 Nerf War

Posted by INsecurity on 07 November 2003 - 02:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey man, I'm from melb, Frankston area.

So your into home mades too eh, lech is more of a traditionalist, even though he has only been nerfing 10 months. As the saying goes, "there is none more pationate(sp) the the recently converted" or something along those lines.

Anyway what area of melb are you in?

#12358 Breach-loading Bolt Action Homemade

Posted by INsecurity on 04 November 2003 - 11:35 PM in Homemades

This is the design i am using to create my bolt action rifle, Its pretty much self explanitory but here is a quick key.

Dark grey = O ring
Light grey = pvc/cpvc
orange = brass
medium grey = stefan

The only design flaws will be the clip, but i have an idea here is a birds eye view of the clip.

|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯|
|								 |
 >							   <
|						 	    |
|______________________|
Thats the best i can do,
basically the little arrows < and > are notches in the walls of the clip to make the clip base slide up smoothly and the base will basically fit into that with the notches cut out instead of sticking out. sorry for the confusing explination.

Back to the actual breech setup.

Non moving pic
moving file
You might have to copy and paste the urls in.

http://www.insecurity.batcave.net/boltmove.swf

Btw sorry for not posting for a whiloe but i got caught up at NHQ but now i will be here instead.

#685 Homemade Gun

Posted by INsecurity on 17 January 2003 - 08:20 PM in Homemades

And there is no point pumping that high your darts will explode at 150 lol.

#650 Brass Barrel Cb

Posted by INsecurity on 16 January 2003 - 05:43 PM in Modifications

Ok Groove if you want the whole swat style feel to your crossbow, make it a micro shooting one, then get a pice of pvc for megas 1 foot long, another half a foot long, a solenoid, a pressure switch and and end cap and valve then make the homemade just one long bar with the solenoid pressure swith on the front grip toy you just have the push on the front grip hard to shoot it. This way its like haveng a non explosive m203 on your gun. But this is just what i would do.