Z-man12's Content

There have been 197 items by Z-man12 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#154148 Rapid Fire Rifle

Posted by Z-man12 on 01 May 2008 - 04:04 PM in Modifications

That would be my video and mod any questions you have please just drop me a PM.

#153048 The Verge Of Synthetic Life

Posted by Z-man12 on 25 April 2008 - 01:33 AM in Off Topic

Some really incredible pieces of info I heard that he passed so nonchalantly are :

1) life does exist in outer space, it actively searches for an aqueous solution and NASA has shown this to be true.
2) the DNA strands have the capability to repair themselves after being obliterated given 12-24 hours time
3) they're able to synthesize strands 500 characters long

The face of modern science and biology has changed.

I am going to have to say my bit here, I just can't stand the lack of your research. Your the one misinterperting some points.
So here I go
1. - In respone to one, almost all genetic and bilogical scientest do not really expect life to exisist, and most of those that do expect it to be single celled or "lower" classe life. Also most people who deal with astronomy or astrophysics know that the likely hood of life in most galxies and solar systems are VERY infentesmial. So slim that mathmaticlay its just not goingn to happen.
2. - If you actualy OBLITRATE DNA its not going to resturcture its self, you have trulybroken it down to the base level all you will have left are chimicals. NO ONE, let me repeat that, NO ONE has ever sucecced in creating DNA out of chimicals, PERIOD.
3. - I don't know so much about this last point but I would like to point out that 500 charaters is nothing comaprid to complex life forms. The human Genom project broke down human DNA to 150,000 smaller "simple parts" each consisting of MANY, MANY (several hundred I don't remember exact numbers) charaters. I can get an exact number dug up if you don't see the disperency of difference just on this superfucial level.

Ok thats it I'm done with my tyrade. I don't know how many of you are going to read that, and I don't care how many of you actualy understand it all or give it any crediace.

I will ackwnoladge that science can creat all kinds of Bio-spliced life, clone anmials, and grown organs. (Yes they can do that, the really simple ones.) But they can not creat life out of non-life IT JUST CANNOT BE DONE. Even with the techenology we have now, they can't do it. FACT.

#152094 Dual Wielded Smdtgs On One Wrist.

Posted by Z-man12 on 19 April 2008 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

So this isn't really a mod, but to be honest I couldn't figure out any where else to post it. So I am just going to put it here.

I was playing around with my new SMDTGs that I got last night and was trying to figure out how I could wear two before I destroyed their original form and came up with this system. It makes use of my large hands and decent sized for arm, but I think any one can do this provided they don't have a twig for an arm. It took me a while to get this to work again today when I went to film it cause I forgot how I had done it last night. But any way hope some one out there finds this helpful.

How to strap it on your arm and fire it. -
Detailed view of the straps while taking them off. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vpzfuSCxlc

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

P.S. - Yes I am going to mod them, and as of right now they are all in the state of disassembly for modding.
To the mods If I put it in the wrong forum please move it. I just didn't know where to put this.

Edit: Fixed my misuse of wielded to the right spelling and added pictures.

#151564 200+ Feet? How?

Posted by Z-man12 on 16 April 2008 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

The problem of getting the air volume of the tank measured is partly due to not knowing what the actual space taken up by the trigger system is, along with the problem of needing to know if you want it at atmospheric pressure or a specific volume. I think I calculated the volume at one point but I don't know where I put those numbers. I am going to have to get into another one soon to do a integration/barrel mod so I will take my caliper and measure it for you if no one else beats me to it. Just keep in mind that it is not going to be spot on because its the outside of the chamber and the trigger valve taking up space on the inside.

#150976 Recon Modification

Posted by Z-man12 on 13 April 2008 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

I was contemplating using industrial strength velcro, but I'll look into that alternative. Thank you btw.

Trust me that is not going to hold. I can't even get it to hold the plates on my Jango Fett armor for very long.

Good job with the throwing together of all the mods out there for this gun.

#150462 Hulk-ified N-strike Re-release

Posted by Z-man12 on 10 April 2008 - 09:29 PM in General Nerf

I find it fairly humorous that they still use the famous orange color (for the parts that were orginally orange).

Its a legal issue, so far as the barrels go. It has to do with fake/replica gun laws. Public sale of replicas with out Orange barrel or barrel tip are illegal in all states so far as I am aware. (I collect and create props so I know a thing or two about legality in regards to replicas.)

#148444 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Z-man12 on 31 March 2008 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

No where near proud of this, its so UGLY, but it does get great ranges. Shoots a lot farther then my night-finders by far. I can't aim it well yet but I am still trying to figure out how to aim this weird thing. For those of you that don't know this is the Boss Bow also sold under the name the H2O Bow (that comes with targets). It shot green suction cup arrows about 5 feet out of the box.

Mods: Banding and barrel replacement.

Posted Image

#147283 Motorized Buzzsaw Mod

Posted by Z-man12 on 27 March 2008 - 03:24 PM in Modifications

The only reason I havn't done something like this to the buzz saw yet is I just can't find a motor that suits my taste.

Im curious as to if your RC motor has enough tourque to continue fireing rapidly with out the fly wheel slowing down siginificantly. Do you have that problem?

#144690 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Z-man12 on 11 March 2008 - 09:51 AM in Modifications

A black paint job that I did for a friend.
Posted Image

#144217 Rf20 Trigger Problems

Posted by Z-man12 on 07 March 2008 - 03:31 PM in Modifications

I reinforced my broken one with the pegs from some old ARs. Then coated it in hotglue, works fine.

Just as a side not I got a spare unbroken trigger if your intrested.

#143826 A Halo Plasma Rifle Made From Pc/magstrike?

Posted by Z-man12 on 04 March 2008 - 11:05 AM in Modifications

Coming from the hobby of making prop fire arms and replicas. I am going to have to say your idea is rather close to impossible. The magstrike is nothing like any gun out of Halo any resemblance is just mealy on rough configuration. Not really base shape.

If your convinced you want to do this I think the powerclip would be easier to convert. But even that is a stretch. Its closer to the needler then the plasma rifle.

My suggestion if your set on this project is to build a shell for the plasma rifle and stuff Nerf components into the gun.

Thats my semi-professional two cents.

(For any one that doubts my prop skills I defiantly have more skill then all but a tiny handful of people on this site.)

#142262 Missouri Nerf

Posted by Z-man12 on 23 February 2008 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

South western MO.

#142230 Missouri Nerf

Posted by Z-man12 on 23 February 2008 - 02:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Im in Mo and depending on where you have it I might come.

#142107 Tek-4 Repair And Singling

Posted by Z-man12 on 23 February 2008 - 02:18 AM in Modifications

Is the orange ring the catch? If it is couldn't you remove or shorted the dead space in between that and the plunger head to get a longer pull and thus more range?

The back one is yes. You could cut it yes, but I decide for now against such action, manly because it would require me to put more screws to reinforce it, and I was afraid it might foul up the cocking.

You may want to drill a hole in the cocking rod and add a ring of some sort so it is easier to cock.

I am going to throw on a CPVC 1/2 T when I get the catch fixed.

i found the same gun at a thrift store for .50... i guess thrift stores just want to get rid of them... such low prices. anyways... how do you reinforce it? could i do it even if i dont have any sort of power tool? my dremel sucks.

Well I think the best bet would be either sheet metal or maby epoxy putty. Eventualy I am going to open it up and repair it at some point but for now its on in the doomed drawer of things to be fixed. Which means it may sit there for months... I have other projects I am far more intrested in.

#142003 Tek-4 Repair And Singling

Posted by Z-man12 on 22 February 2008 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

I have several big projects in the works but here is something I have done in the meantime. Repairing and singling a broken Tek-4 that I got for fifty cents at a thrift store.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take the gun and open it up.

Posted Image

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Strip down the components and remove the plunger apart. It is a little tricky to get the plunger head open but its not to bad.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next take the plunger head assembly and dremmel out the back (the place where the old priming rod went) making it large enough to fit your dowel rod into.

Posted Image

I used a ½ dowel rod. It was a really tight fit in the head and the spring doesn’t have to much room to bounce around on. I also added a small headed screw to give the new plunger rod something else to keep it in place other then just being tightly rammed down plunger head.

Posted Image

Dremmel out the back of the gun’s case so that the dowel rod can pass smoothly threw. Try to make it as small as you can and as smooth as you can, it will keep the spring from trying to go out the back of the case.

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you make the hole to big, like I did, then go a head and cut a really short piece of CPVC. Run it down the rod to the spring to help keep the spring in the case. You can even glue one to the back of the case to help even more.

I added a Double Shot spring which fit exactly. YOU WOULD BE VERY WISE TO REINFORCE THE CATCH if you add another spring. Mine broke after only firing it three times. So I really think it would be a good idea to reinforce even if you don’t add another spring.

Posted Image

Now take the plunger tube and remove the turret. Then cut the end off the tube as close the orange as you can get.
Posted Image

Then take a ½ PVC coupler and glue it onto the plunger tube, it’s a snug and perfect fit.

Posted Image

Dremmel out the case as needed to fit the new plunger tube assembly and then glue it down so it won’t go any where.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Slap on a barrel of your choosing and there you go all done.

Posted Image

It still didn’t get great ranges with the stock spring but I added a double shot spring and got a little more range. About 35-40 feet I suspect. I only got off two shots before the catch broke though so I am not sure on the average distance.

One thing I did notice that with the stock spring you can hardly hear this gun when it goes off. It is really quiet at least as quite as an air gun if not quieter.

#142001 Rfr

Posted by Z-man12 on 22 February 2008 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

I think I should point out that if you use normal 1/2 PVC suction cup darts will no longer fire out of the gun, only streamlines and stefans will work. Because the inner diameter of 1/2 PVC is to small to allow suction cup dart to pass easily.

not true. i use a peice of pvc as a blowgun for suctions and taggers.

I have not had a problem with taggers in so much as I have with suctions. Whether or not they will go down the PVC depends on the EXACT size of the I.D. if the PVC which varies a hair from brand to brand. But for the most part I haven't had any luck with suction cups in 1/2 PVC. Something always gets caught and that cuts down on the dart speed. Just for the record I am using thick walled 1/2 PVC.

I hate to digress from the thread so much but I thought I would explain why I said that.

#141994 Rfr

Posted by Z-man12 on 22 February 2008 - 04:25 PM in Modifications

Yes that will work.

#141658 Rfr

Posted by Z-man12 on 21 February 2008 - 12:19 AM in Modifications

I think I should point out that if you use normal 1/2 PVC suction cup darts will no longer fire out of the gun, only streamlines and stefans will work. Because the inner diameter of 1/2 PVC is to small to allow suction cup dart to pass easily.

#139544 The Snap-duo

Posted by Z-man12 on 10 February 2008 - 10:47 PM in Homemades

Carbon you may want to wax harden that shield for more protection. If your interested let me know I can point you toward some information on how to make leather armor that would definitely apply to your shield.

You did a good job with the leather work. That stuff can be a mess to work with some times.

#139327 Rfr Ammo Catcher

Posted by Z-man12 on 08 February 2008 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

i love this idea, its simply brilliant or brilliantly simple.if i were making it, id cut another hole in the bottom of the drum that is off center so you could slide it open to pour all the shells out

I thought it was a simple cleaver idea. I know I saw some one once mention that they had done it. But I couldn't find it when I started this so I just winged it.

I am actually going to put a door in the back of the drum later. Right now though you can remove the back plate of the spindle if you want to dump them out that way.

The door comes later though. I have the drum-clip side to finish first. Not to mention a lot of tweaking to the gun body for my evil plans.

#139295 Rfr Ammo Catcher

Posted by Z-man12 on 08 February 2008 - 10:06 AM in Modifications

Pretty neat system you came up with there. It's too bad you wouldn't be able to use this in a large scale outdoor war though. If you Nerf inside, I'm sure it suits you very well.

I am attempting to remedy the lack of range right now, along with creating a real drum-mag feed system. But yes it works nicely indoors.

#139263 Arr!

Posted by Z-man12 on 07 February 2008 - 11:20 PM in Homemades

Sence this thred is been seeing some action lately I thought I would ask a question that I am shure alot of people are thinking.

How is this thing comeing along?

#139131 Rfr Ammo Catcher

Posted by Z-man12 on 07 February 2008 - 02:19 PM in Modifications

ditch the t-shirt ninja attire. It's been done before and you look like a doofus.

I got lots and lots of other masks, it was just late and I didn't feel like takeing the effort to put one of them on. Don't worry I will use one of them next time. B)

#139127 Rfr Ammo Catcher

Posted by Z-man12 on 07 February 2008 - 01:19 PM in Modifications

The last thing I wanted to do was have to chase all the shells that I am going to be feeding through the gun as soon as I get my Drum-Mag working. So here is the deflection system and shell catcher prototype that I have construct for my RFR. I got tired of chasing the shells all over the place in with just the little clip. B) I didn't even want to think about chasing over a dozen shells every time I used the gun. The reason its still a prototype is that I haven't constructed my permanent deflector yet, its still cardboard, it will eventually be made of sheet plastic. But until I get the actual drum mag side working it is sufficient. A total write up will be done when I get every thing finalized in the design. Any way with out further ado, the picture.

Posted Image

And the video of how it works. Just so you know the reason I had problems with the last three shells in the video was because my clip was jamming. Something I plan on fixing before I finalize the design.

Video

Questions and comments welcome.

#139095 Ok You Primitive Screwheads, Listen Up!

Posted by Z-man12 on 07 February 2008 - 01:57 AM in Modifications

You finaly finished this I see. Dang thats a big plunger and spring. Did you consider shotgunning any of these for indoor use? There seems like there is plenty of air being pushed through the barrel.
I am going to have to see about getting my self one of these.

#138318 The Snap-duo

Posted by Z-man12 on 03 February 2008 - 01:11 AM in Homemades

Carbon if you want a link to makeing gauntlets, in the style of Jango Fett. Send me a PM and I will get you the link. Might be a way to go insted of straps...

Nice idea, so far seems to be working well. I have been wondering why you didn't have a dule barrled snap yet.

#136913 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Z-man12 on 22 January 2008 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

penguin807 thats something I have been wanting to do for a long time. Its scary how much alike we seem to think on mods. This and the BuzzSaw. Its getting kind of creepy.

#136690 +bow

Posted by Z-man12 on 20 January 2008 - 10:29 PM in Homemades

CNC routing is the only cost effective method I can use at home, and I'm pretty close to having enough money to buy one in cash. Should only be a month or two from now.

Dang, man I am so jelous its not even funny. :angry: I have been wanting one for years now, they are just to much money for me to make an excuse as to why I need one. :unsure:

#136662 Lancer

Posted by Z-man12 on 20 January 2008 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

I have seen them at Toy R Us and if I remember dollar general once.

Oh and Forsaken. You did a wonderful job. I been thinking about doing something like this for a while but I never thought of haveing a working one. It came out very nice.

#136336 +bow

Posted by Z-man12 on 18 January 2008 - 12:51 AM in Homemades

Dang I just now saw your newest addition to this monster. Thats a really nice homade turrent. Just amazing.

#136092 Scorpion Bow Mod

Posted by Z-man12 on 15 January 2008 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

If it slides back into place after it locks the plunger in place it wouldn't be hard to create a mag system. I think it would work better then the one Bacon and FA did for their 3b's. Its nice to know these things have good internals I have been toying with getting one for a while now.

#135435 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Z-man12 on 09 January 2008 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

koree - Any chance of a picture of the trigger? Also where is the pump for the Titan? And I must say it looks slick, very nicely done.

#134749 Just A Warning About A Crap Gun.

Posted by Z-man12 on 02 January 2008 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I feel you. I got one of those. It sucked so bad we took the internals out of it and painted it.

Thats what I plan on doing to it, along with some body work.

#134684 Just A Warning About A Crap Gun.

Posted by Z-man12 on 02 January 2008 - 12:24 AM in General Nerf

No it was 8 dollars. The shells are almost the same, and they are interchangeable. Oh and the color scheme on mine is even the same as the buzz-bee.

#134622 Just A Warning About A Crap Gun.

Posted by Z-man12 on 01 January 2008 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

I finally picked up one of these things the other day at dollar general.

Posted Image

Its basically a crappy knock off version of the Double Shot. It doesn't even shoot half the distance of the real buzz bee one. So I just thought I would warn people who were going to buy one. I have also opened it up, and it is basically the same gun with weaker springs and weaker plastics. The only real difference between the two guns is the crosshatching on the stock and the more rounded front stock/grip section.

#134537 More Goodies: New Nerf N-strike Mission Kit With Tactical Light

Posted by Z-man12 on 31 December 2007 - 06:20 PM in General Nerf

Just so people know they are in Oklahoma too.

#134507 Adding Another Spring To The Recon

Posted by Z-man12 on 31 December 2007 - 11:06 AM in Modifications

I was actualy going to do this when I found one for my self. I wondered why no one had done it yet.

#134165 +bow

Posted by Z-man12 on 28 December 2007 - 01:16 PM in Homemades

The othe day when I was looking at this I was thinking you could add a pumping forgrip to the gun along with a slide breach. Effectily making it a high powerd pump version. Are you planning on doing this?

And on a side note, I am slowly working on getting the things together to make my self one of these.

#133766 Recon Close Up

Posted by Z-man12 on 25 December 2007 - 09:06 AM in General Nerf

Was somthing taken out, or is that huge empty space just there, the one on the bottom-left corner of the gun. Wouldn't that be a great spot for an integration? Also the handle is empty, you could put some extra ammo in there...

Um... That would be where the clip would go...

#133687 +bow

Posted by Z-man12 on 24 December 2007 - 03:40 PM in Homemades

Ok, this is something that has been bugging me. What purpose do those little cut out cross sections on the main body?

Also how does the trigger hook into the catch plate?