IronRhino's Content

There have been 338 items by IronRhino (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#78011 Ignitors

Posted by IronRhino on 29 March 2006 - 02:31 AM in Off Topic

Sorry, there aren't any other crazy-ass motherfucking terrorists like yourself here.

#77876 That What I Love About High School Girls...

Posted by IronRhino on 27 March 2006 - 11:28 PM in Off Topic

You can't speak ill of any member of the Lawn Chair Mafia. That's a rule. Now follow it, bitches.

=)

I'll never forget you Howie. You put the fun in homoeroticism.

#77772 That What I Love About High School Girls...

Posted by IronRhino on 26 March 2006 - 11:28 PM in Off Topic

You can't speak ill of any member of the Lawn Chair Mafia. That's a rule. Now follow it, bitches.

#77644 I'm Not The Type To Ask For Help Often...

Posted by IronRhino on 26 March 2006 - 02:42 AM in Modifications

It's a shame to see such a sexy gun go to waste.

Back in the SS2's heyday, this was a huge problem. If I remember right, the best thing to do was to spray something (I think lube) down the barrel and hope it helps the seal. Chances are you're screwed though, my apologies.

#70892 Itunes

Posted by IronRhino on 12 January 2006 - 10:36 PM in Off Topic

I really dislike iPods. I few months ago, I had bought a 30GB iPod, one of the new video models. Cosmetically speaking, it was very attractive. It was sleek, had the famous "chrome and white" color scheme, and the color LCD was mind-blowing. I had about 3000 songs on it, with about 5GB filled up. As a result, I personally think 30GB is a ridiculous amount of space for music.

However, my main issue was the whole battery issue. I would charge it, and the icon would immediately tick down into the red. The thing never had a full charge. Too bad, it was a great MP3 player, but I just couldn't take the short battery life.

You can tell them it's not getting the advertised charge, and they'll give you a new one. It's that simple. I did it.

#69755 Super Soakers?

Posted by IronRhino on 23 December 2005 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

Supersoakers are unweildy and meant to be used by themselves (they're all primaries). Going into a Nerf war with one big single shot weapon that takes forever is retarded. And the best Supersoakers can be sold on Ebay for enough to buy several better guns.

#69754 Open Letter To New Members And Admins

Posted by IronRhino on 23 December 2005 - 02:35 PM in General Nerf

I have no idea when the last time I posted was and I bet a lot of you n00bs have no idea who I am. (unless you still check Foam Fortress, in which case I love you).

There ain't much going on in Nerf. Not very many people are innovators and those who are change minor things. As far as I know, brass is still the premiere barrel type, just as it has been the last 3 years. Because of the stagnancy, people go pretty easily. Once you learn how to mod your guns, there's not much reason to stick around. Any idiot can search nerf on google because, hey, nerf is cool. So we have lots of n00bs coming in, and lots of n00bs leaving.

Another problem with Nerf is that NH is most of the members' first forum. They don't know the netiquette. I know that my first post on NC sucked balls. I cleaned up my act pretty quick, though. People need to realize that there's a plethora of sites and old threads where you can find the answers to their questions. If that was easier for new members to understand, our n00b problem would go away. Granted, I rarely check these forums so I don't know the severity of the problem, but I can guess.

So basically, tell the n00bs to search and give them a link to some of the good nerf sites when they first sign up.

And by the way, there's no language filter J_Cobbers. Saying "5hit and #uck" makes you look like a "shithead".

#62853 Gas Prices

Posted by IronRhino on 31 August 2005 - 11:49 PM in Off Topic

You realize that moving your purchase around a day or two doesnt do anything in a boycott. The colonists didn't say, "We'll buy paper tomorrow" they said "we won't buy paper". www.snopes.com has a whole write-up about gas boycotts.

#62565 Zero's Site

Posted by IronRhino on 26 August 2005 - 01:54 AM in Off Topic

Joke

Your Head

#62220 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by IronRhino on 18 August 2005 - 10:33 PM in Off Topic

That's not the estimate. It's the time it's due. You should be done long before then.

#60762 Nerf Rpg

Posted by IronRhino on 01 August 2005 - 12:02 AM in General Nerf

If you incorporate the more humorous members of the community, you could have a hilarious game. I say you're Spoons little brother trying to make it in the LA scene, but Cx kicks your ass. You fly out to NJ where the LCM takes you under their wing and you train and eventually take on VACC. After you establish yourself as supreme nerfer in NJ, you fly out to Armageddon and take on your old enemys. Or not.

#59404 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by IronRhino on 15 July 2005 - 04:24 PM in Off Topic

I gave in and signed up. I don't know if I did anything right, and I'm probably only going to use one computer. We'll see what happens.

#58832 When I Pump, Air Comes Out Of The Barrel.

Posted by IronRhino on 07 July 2005 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

Talio and them are right. You fuggled your O-Ring most likely, methinks. And you guys, he didn't say he pumped it ten times. He said 9 out of 10 times. Like 90%.

#58822 Petg Piping Iron Rhino

Posted by IronRhino on 07 July 2005 - 01:07 AM in General Nerf

Thank you, this thread made me laugh.

#56485 Lost A Job

Posted by IronRhino on 03 June 2005 - 07:08 PM in Off Topic

You get too much enjoyment out of your hair. It's kind of creepy. And if "only people who have been around you" get the situation, that doesn't make sense. Are you telling them something you're not telling us? Did your girlfriend who had a hair fetish die in your arms, making you promise you'd never cut it? Did some really hot girl touch it once and you havent washed it or cut it since? Is short hair a sign of homosexuality in your neighborhood? Or are you so fucking concerned with your appearance that you're hostile towards all change? Yeah, probably the last one.

#55280 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by IronRhino on 19 May 2005 - 06:25 PM in Off Topic

I love how Microsoft "owns" the Perfect Dark line. Even though it was the N64 that made PD worth a shit. It still pisses me off that Microsoft bought Rare.

The only one I'll consider picking up is the Revolution. Nintendo has consistently proven to me to have the most engaging games.

#54979 Sup Dewdz.

Posted by IronRhino on 15 May 2005 - 08:42 PM in Off Topic

Vaguely remember you. GN sucked balls.

Nothing happened. Why do people always assume something huge has happened since they left?

#54121 Mod For Airtech 3000

Posted by IronRhino on 04 May 2005 - 12:41 AM in Modifications

You guys are pussies. Plug your pumps. It helps a lot. How do you know how many pumps? Search the forums. For most guns it'll be 5-6, with several exceptions. When it starts becoming difficult to pump, stop.

You'll soon realize that every single pump gun mod is the same:

1. Plug Pump / other holes
2. Replace barrels

If you're friends are legally retarded, then take something removable on your gun. With a sharpie write a big "5" or "10" or whatever it may be. That should solve most of your problems.

#53832 Los Angeles, Mexico

Posted by IronRhino on 30 April 2005 - 12:07 PM in Off Topic

Then maybe you should adhere to the "Idiots should be seen and not heard" thing.

#52803 Nerf Art Of War

Posted by IronRhino on 18 April 2005 - 06:19 PM in General Nerf

Vassili wrote an article on the Art of War's relevance in Nerf. It's on FF and NW.

#51782 Does Anyone Here Remember Me?

Posted by IronRhino on 06 April 2005 - 09:30 PM in General Nerf

I remember you, loser. I know we at Foam Fortress asked you for your content at one point, ha. Stick around for awhile, we can still have a good time. I'll warn you, the homoeroticism of 2 1/2 years ago is virtually gone.

#51403 My Game

Posted by IronRhino on 02 April 2005 - 07:16 PM in Off Topic

Wait, LARP?

It's been discussed http://nerfhaven.com...ic=1676&hl=larp
If I'm not mistaken:

Lightning bolt! Lightning bolt!

(If you don't get it, don't ask)

EDIT: Ha, I'm right: http://www.dc101.com/videos/shmoo6.mpg

#51173 Bay Area Nerfers?

Posted by IronRhino on 31 March 2005 - 12:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Vassili and I used to war here near San Jose, but yeah. We don't do that anymore.

#50584 Cxwq Crosses Into The Realm Of Pop Culture

Posted by IronRhino on 26 March 2005 - 02:48 AM in Off Topic

So. Cx, how much does Fox pay you? Next thing you know "Who wants to be member at NerfHaven?" will be next on the scheduling block. It premieres after "Liberal in a Conservative Neighborhood" where Xrty's wife, Lisa, puts a Kerry bumpersticker on her car and hilarity ensues.

This topic very much needs to be lightened up.

#50446 Ipods

Posted by IronRhino on 24 March 2005 - 07:12 PM in Off Topic

Grinch: You can get portable CD players that play mp3 files on data discs. Chill out.

#50200 Ipods

Posted by IronRhino on 21 March 2005 - 09:00 PM in Off Topic

Mini's only come with click wheels like you're describing.

I just got a new IPod yesterday, 20gig, 4G, already got 1500 songs on it.

#50186 What Webhost?

Posted by IronRhino on 21 March 2005 - 06:16 PM in Site Feedback

He pays for it

#49935 Cxwq Crosses Into The Realm Of Pop Culture

Posted by IronRhino on 18 March 2005 - 12:20 AM in Off Topic

It's official. Cxwq is the new trendsetter for America's youth. Tonight, on the O.C., Fox's highly touted teen drama, Summer Roberts called her boyfriend an asshat. Congratulations Cxwq, your clever with will be repeated by millions of girls for years to come.

#49835 Yet Another Music Thread

Posted by IronRhino on 16 March 2005 - 08:23 PM in Off Topic

The WMP9 one works. I use 10 and the plugin works fine.

#49747 Yet Another Music Thread

Posted by IronRhino on 15 March 2005 - 10:39 PM in Off Topic

It takes a while (long time) for it to register on the bottom list. But it always does eventually.

#49571 New Line Of Nerf Blaster Suggestions

Posted by IronRhino on 14 March 2005 - 12:49 AM in General Nerf

OMG! Whyd u tell them bout us???????? now thy r goin 2 make guns u cant mod and nerf will die!!!!1!!11!!!!! i cant bilive u

You do realize that not only do they know about us, we have a good relationship with them. Check the "Questions to ask Hasbro" thread.

#49164 Yet Another Music Thread

Posted by IronRhino on 09 March 2005 - 08:58 PM in Off Topic

Tight, I'm in. Come on people, join. Unles your music taste sucks.

#47991 All Purpose Movie Topic

Posted by IronRhino on 25 February 2005 - 01:18 AM in Off Topic

I would reccomend The Natural to anyone. It is about baseball. If you like baseball, you will LOVE it. I don't like baseball, and it is still one of my top five favorite movies ever. It's from the 80s, I don't know the exact date, though. Excellent movie.

Eh. The book was 10 times better.

To keep the ball rolling, if for some strange reason you haven't seen Office Space, watch it now. Multiple times. It's godly.

#47988 Nerfworld And Nerfaholics

Posted by IronRhino on 25 February 2005 - 12:15 AM in Off Topic

I recently downloaded Firefox after getting diddled by spyware, and I only have one complaint, which is totally random. At Amazon.com music, in IE there are three ways to sample music, but in Firefox, the best one is missing. That's my random gripe, but other than that, just use firefox.

#47662 Springs

Posted by IronRhino on 20 February 2005 - 07:39 PM in Modifications

I can vouch for what C said. Vassili modded his EaB with a spring from OSH and it worked beautifully.

#47375 Fast Food

Posted by IronRhino on 16 February 2005 - 09:51 PM in Off Topic

I think I'm actually more okay with semen than saliva, I don't know why.

Gaydars are going off everywhere.

#47374 Vinyl VS. Compact Disc

Posted by IronRhino on 16 February 2005 - 09:49 PM in Off Topic

I can't put vinyl on my IPod.

#47373 I Love Gw!

Posted by IronRhino on 16 February 2005 - 09:48 PM in Off Topic

Viper: If it makes you feel better, keep on writing 1 paragraph jumbles of skewed, ultra-Liberal shit. Just know I'm laughing at you.

Look. The thing is, neither party is right 100% of the time. Just try not to get such a boner over things that can't happen (getting rid of Bush). He isn't perfect. With all the different aspects of being a president these days, good luck finding someone who is.

#47145 Ipod Shuffle Question

Posted by IronRhino on 12 February 2005 - 11:12 PM in Off Topic

I disagree. The Ipod Mini is the biggest ripoff out there. There is not much space, but it's not worth it it to just put a few of your songs on it, like the shuffle is designed to do. Either get a shuffle or go all the way and get a 20 gig.

#47004 New Forum!

Posted by IronRhino on 07 February 2005 - 09:40 PM in General Nerf

Your forum colors totally bites off Foam Fortress, but you probably didn't know. Don't worry aobut it, I guess.