WEASEL's Content

There have been 136 items by WEASEL (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#110630 Solenoid/sprinkler Valve Problems

Posted by WEASEL on 10 June 2007 - 10:50 PM in Homemades

I don't know what brand of solenoid valve you bought but I believe I can help you anyway. If you know how a solenoid valve works then you know that a small amount of air comes from the inlet and goes through a hole in the diaphragm to the top of the valve above the diaphragm. I had a similar problem to yours and i solved it by making that hole bigger. On mine, (it was green, orbit watermaster i believe) i just removed a little piece of plastic that was in the hole(some sort of filter i believe, but its for dirt when using the valve for water so it just restricted airflow). If you don't have this piece of plastic and just a hole you can just make it a little bit bigger, but not too much, trial and error might be a good idea. I hope this solves your problem.

#94590 Holiday Raffle

Posted by WEASEL on 15 November 2006 - 10:58 PM in General Nerf

Haha.

#76603 Shwifty

Posted by WEASEL on 17 March 2006 - 02:08 AM in Site Feedback

This is irrelivent, but i just coated chapstick in plastidip.

I think that post right there would justify my answer. He has done nothing but ask questions for his entire stay (even though thats what most people do). It seems that if you wanted a new, contributing, member, he's not the one. And that wherehouse thing.....

#76235 Ringing Guns

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2006 - 01:51 AM in General Nerf

I glued felt around the plunger shaft near the plunger head. Worked great. You don't need that much either.

#76232 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2006 - 01:20 AM in Off Topic

Ahh thanks. Yeah i'm pretty stupid. But it still took a while to do. No window was open so i was a little confused. Thanks again.

#76228 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2006 - 01:07 AM in Off Topic

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but i don't think it has. How do I shut down the FAH console? I do not know what the process is called in the ctrl+alt+del menu. I want to do this because I want a less cluttered desktop and it put a buch of icons on it and I cannot move them to a folder while the program is running. Any help would be appreciated.

#74948 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by WEASEL on 02 March 2006 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Knew sombody would ask me that. So it got really annoying when I was running and the pump handle kept sliding out, so, I attached the rubberband and put a little square of felt inbetween the bottom of the pump handle and the rubberband so it would have some friction, and it has never slid out again.

EDIT:

Ok I thought this wasn't post worthy and i didn't want to start a new topic, plus I have no idea where to put this so I will put it here. I recently made a sort of makeshift holster after my attempts at black wrath's very nice holster failed.
Posted Image
Just to clarify, it does not hold as well as a regular holster. I use it for my NF and AT2K. I just loop the plunger handle or the trigger guard over the hook and it stays there pretty well.

#74894 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by WEASEL on 01 March 2006 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Here are my guns.

Posted Image
Group pic

Posted Image
My night finder

Posted Image
Blastfire

Posted Image
And finnaly the at2k that i found at a local good will. No its not a paintjob, thats the original color.

EDIT: wow those pics are big, oh well, too lazy to resize them now, maybe next time.

#73991 Sledgehammer

Posted by WEASEL on 23 February 2006 - 03:29 PM in Homemades

So your going to have the spring piston that supplies the air connected to the dart fireing thingey ma bob by using a hose? I have thought of using this idea many times to conserve space and make a more pistol like homemade, but never got around to it. I've always wondered if it would restrict air flow or have too much expansion area in the tube. I would love to see how these work if you ever give them a shot. Great work, and good job actually having a plan and not just some vauge waving hands in air description.

#73934 Shooting Micros With 1/2" Pvc

Posted by WEASEL on 22 February 2006 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

You seem to have your terms mixed up. FYI there are two main types of pipe. You are probably talking about PVC and CPVC. Just lettin you know.

#71028 Janga's Halo 2 Warthog Montage

Posted by WEASEL on 15 January 2006 - 02:24 AM in Off Topic

What the hell kind of training do you (or your teamate) do to get so accurate. I've never even been able to pull off a triple kill, and that guy with the rocket launcher in the passenger seat, that was pretty good when he shot that guy on top of the log in relic. Nice job on the video though.

#68911 Nerf Range Catagories

Posted by WEASEL on 08 December 2005 - 06:41 PM in Nerf Wars

In most circumstances you are going to find yourself in a close range battle with your opponent. That is one aspect of Nerf that seperates it from other sports like paintball and airsoft. You don't have a very fast rof so you need to get in close to make you shot count. Besides, nerf guns are not very accurate, especially from a long distance.

To answer you question, NFs are good, cheap, reliable, and pretty good ranged little guns. Splitfires, if you can find one (or two), are amazing, two shots and about 100 feet. Just remember you don't need to go out and buy a crossbow to be good at nerf.

PS: If you guys allow homemades in your wars they get great range if you make them properly. I hope to get one up soon.

#68873 Bolt Action Magazine Fed Carbine

Posted by WEASEL on 07 December 2005 - 06:34 PM in Modifications

Ahh I see now. Thanks. And nice job on the gun, I wish I had modding skills like that.

#68861 Bolt Action Magazine Fed Carbine

Posted by WEASEL on 07 December 2005 - 12:38 AM in Modifications

I am not really caught up on my gun termenology. How does the stripper clip work? It sounds (and looks like) the casset tape peices that the darts are in couldn't work with the breach. Fill me in, thanks.

#65716 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by WEASEL on 13 October 2005 - 06:43 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

How did you glue the little tabs for the screws to go in to hold the bottom part on to the top part of the gun? In my experiance, that little of surface will not hold.

PS: On your FAR rifle, how did you glue the paw that grabs the shell on the extractor to the exractor itself? I've tried about every type of glue but it just won't hold. Did you roughin up the surfaces first? If so, how.

#65340 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by WEASEL on 08 October 2005 - 05:27 PM in Homemades

It's an o-ring. He uses black some other palces besides e-tape.

#55636 Range, Accuarcy, And Rate Of Fire

Posted by WEASEL on 25 May 2005 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

Accuracy, then range. If you can doge the other guys hit and you can hit him, thats what it's all about. And accuracy is half of the technique. I just personally like picking people off from long ranges.

#55213 Blast Bazooka Mod

Posted by WEASEL on 18 May 2005 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

And about 4" of REGULAR 1/2" pvc
Posted Image

Can anyone say Class 200?

#55197 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by WEASEL on 18 May 2005 - 05:39 PM in Off Topic

The Xbox 360
Posted Image

Looks like only one controler port, going PS style? Sort of.

#55196 Political Discussion

Posted by WEASEL on 18 May 2005 - 05:22 PM in Off Topic

To quote somebody: "Guns don't kill people, ammunition does."

#52587 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by WEASEL on 15 April 2005 - 05:38 PM in Homemades

Bolt, how do you keep the carbon rod and spring from springing out of the ejector hole when the shell flips out?

#52526 Shoring Up Aging Micro-darts

Posted by WEASEL on 14 April 2005 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

May I just comment on your high school's 150+ participant nerf war. I have never heard of such a thing and that would be awsome. Could you give me some details of rules and such because I would have no idea how to play with that many people. Also where do you play?

#51154 Confessions Of An Evangelical Taiwanese Expatriot!

Posted by WEASEL on 30 March 2005 - 06:22 PM in Off Topic

Sorry, mind, just saw.....got to look at that.

#50826 Buying Xbox: Need Help

Posted by WEASEL on 28 March 2005 - 12:57 AM in Off Topic

Wow, never heard of a blue one....and are thoes white jewels? Cool. I got the special edition one because my friend was on it but that's just me. If I could I would get the blue one....such a controversy because I would get the blue one and the special ed halo 2. Mmmmm....blue, and you could maybe get a trade for a special ed. halo 2 for the regular in a store or online. The special ed. halo 2 tells a lot about the backround of making the movie and this really cool huge lan party they had. OK, I'll stop now.

#50585 Gear

Posted by WEASEL on 26 March 2005 - 03:03 AM in General Nerf

Walkie talkies would work well if people would just damn answer when you talk to them! There good for communication w/o confrontation. C.W.O.C.....Hee Hee :P

#50417 Form Letter For Permission To Nerf

Posted by WEASEL on 24 March 2005 - 12:18 AM in Articles

Here's my edited version:

March 18, 2005

Parks and Recreation Administration
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to request your permission to play with Nerf weapons in city parks.  Some friends and I enjoy using toy Nerf blasters that have been modified slightly with PVC attachments, rubber bands, or other minor modifications.
This is not paintball or airsoft, which fire potentially hazardous ammunition; our blasters fire homemade foam darts.  They are made of foam backer rod (a common item used for insulation purposes), that has a glue tip on the end and has a fishing weight enclosed for aerodynamic purposes.
    Since the summer of 2000 we have had occasional “wars” which are merely a bunch of us shooting at each other for a few hours in an organized manner.  We have rules and make sure they are enforced.  We have never shot a pedestrian or a non-participant. In fact, we make a point to avoid them because we are aware that we are in a county or public park and their experience should not be disturbed.  We don’t go in and mark up the place; our messes (the foam darts) are cleaned up without question.
    My friends and I have Nerfed in Cupertino public parks. Recently, a friend’s mom heard about an incident where a few people were arrested for playing airsoft in one of these parks. We were concerned, for we didn’t want to break any rules or be cited.
    We were in no way aware of the rule that stated there could be no projectile weapons. I’m not even sure if that applies here because we use toy blasters that can be bought from Toys ‘R Us and other toy stores.

To Close Off With a Few Points:
1.    We have yet to have any formal complaint about our Nerf activities. 
2.    The dart material we use is foam backer rod.  You can find it in any hardware store.  It is a foam material that can’t inflict any damage or injury.
3.    We stay in a limited section of the park to allow other people the chance to enjoy the park as much as we do.

Thank you for your time,
Sincerely,

(name and such)

I'm not sure what year we started nerfing (maybe '03?) and I forgot to edit that part.

#50409 Max Shot Troubles

Posted by WEASEL on 23 March 2005 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Maybe you could put some metal straps from the front above and below the barrel and strapping them around the back. Or you could use some huge ass zip ties.

#50395 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 23 March 2005 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't be a homosexual; leave your camo pants at home.

Dang it. I guess I'll have to wear those when squirrel gets his paintball thing going. Hmm I guess that means no camo shirts either. Oh well.

EDIT: oh ya, what FIDO said, thanks for the motivation and everything.

#50390 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 23 March 2005 - 06:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I sent da email, a get a email back saying

Thank you for your inquiry regarding use of the parks for your Nerf games.  I reviewed the Municipal Code which regulates use of park lands and could not find anything that would specifically prohibit your activity in the way you described.  Providing the foam projectile is soft and in no way could cause injury to a person or wild life, I do not see any reason you can not enjoy the park with your activity.

I would suggest however, that if the blasters in any way resemble a weapon or you and your friends are dressing in fatigues or similar clothing you call the Sheriff's Department Dispatch at 408-299-2505 in advance and let them know the park you will be at and what type of activity you will be doing.  In the event a passerby sees you playing, is concerned and calls 911, deputies will likely be sent to investigate.  By calling in advance it will help the responding deputies evaluate what is really going on.  Unfortunately, sometimes a mere game using life like weapons that is seen and phoned in to law enforcement can end up very tragic.

Thanks again for checking in with us.  If you have any questions, feel free call me at Blah Blah Blah

Regards,
Blah Blah Blah
Senior Code Enforcement Officer

So there you have it. I actually got a reply that wasn't a fill out form style letter back from the cupertino government. Now we can nerf! YAY. Just thought you guys would like to know.

PS-I modified the letter before I sent it.

#50287 Modded Xbox

Posted by WEASEL on 22 March 2005 - 07:06 PM in Off Topic

Grinch, I want to know how.

#49930 Rf20 Mod

Posted by WEASEL on 17 March 2005 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

Sounds cool. Can you post some pictures?

#49842 My Next Big Project

Posted by WEASEL on 16 March 2005 - 08:49 PM in Homemades

Your friend? Who could this be? Ya I wouldn't go with numero quatro either because it would be very hard and you will hate yourself for hours and hours. I have. Ya three sounds good. I want to see something small.

#49816 Second Homemade

Posted by WEASEL on 16 March 2005 - 07:03 PM in Homemades

I ABS lighter than pvc? Also what is the pump made for?

#49724 Second Homemade

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2005 - 08:47 PM in Homemades

my NF would suck up a dart every time I cocked it with the dart in the barrel.

Hee hee. You must have a really bad dart-barrel fit, or I have a bad plunger-plunger tube fit....aw cwap. But what kind of pump is it that he was using and where did he get it? I've never seen anyone use abs before, was it good to work with?

#49721 Second Homemade

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2005 - 08:29 PM in Homemades

the pump can handle the pressure.

So there is a check valve in the pump? Where did you get it.

#49720 A Discussion On The Co2 Method

Posted by WEASEL on 15 March 2005 - 08:25 PM in Homemades

Just to start this off I don't want to piss anyone off so this is just my two cents on co2. It might be a good source of power if it was regulated to around 60 psi or so but it would still be kinda cheep. The whole point of nerf it to have limited power in our guns so they have strenghts and weaknesses. If someone used co2 they would have power, rof and maybe accuracy. Bad.

PS-Bolt says he doesn't use his co2 rifle in wars so...ya. I don't know what he will do when (if) he converts his new rifle to co2. I probably wouldn't play with him...not that I do now or anything.

#49148 Park Regulations

Posted by WEASEL on 09 March 2005 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

me and Weasel and I

Nice. Ya I pmed him and he is haveing a busy time at school so I have to wait a while for the letter. I miss nerfing. I have so many gun Ideas that i'm working on but I can't use them.

EDIT: whoa, didn't see his new post. So many posts since I last replied... Actually only five what whatever. I'll be looking at that now....

#49003 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 08 March 2005 - 12:53 AM in Homemades

Aw crap, I was thinking of making something with co2. Oh well. Are you going to post plans soon or are you going to keep us waiting in awe?

#48978 Ruff Stuff's Shotgun

Posted by WEASEL on 07 March 2005 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

So 1/2" pvc just doesn't fit inside there? Mmmm....time to pull out the one inch belt sander! How is the durability? Would you buy two or three just because it could break or because it is just so cool?

#48723 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by WEASEL on 04 March 2005 - 11:44 PM in Homemades

Dang it, just missed you. The magazine/clip is it 1 1/4" pvc halvs with balsa wood.